Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

President Obama will be relected for second term in 2012

cgbrown

American politics has been a struggle from day one of it's founding. Men and now women seize political power by talking a 'big game' filled with empty promises. When was the last time a politician delievered on a promise. Obama campaigned on theme of 'change', what Americans forgot to ask "what kind of change are you talking about"? With every President we get 'change' but not necessarily the kind we need.

The hard fought for freedoms of this land, were not designed to make us all 'servants' of the government. Government was designed to protect and defend every American citizen, not to make every American citizen a slave to it.

• Upvote 1

Don't count the votes before they are cast.

I believe the quote is: "Don't count your chickens before they hatch". Meaning you can never tell for certain how many chickens will hatch. But elections are different. While we are in the incubation period of this election we've already determined some 'eggs' won't hatch. The egg marked 're-elect obama' is well protected and he will emerge as the only surviving hatchling.

I don't know where your getting info, people are turning on the big Odrama everyday!!!! He will NOT win!

The rethoric is high, people are saying they have 'had enough' of President Obama and his polocies that much I agree with. But rethoric is not votes. Not everyone who spouts off at the mouth, will go to the polls to vote.

President Obama will be re-elected with a slim margin. But slim is all he needs. I wish there was enough 'fire in the belly' of the American people but there just isn't. If it were today, and the British were passing the stamp act all over again. There wouldn't be enough people to throw the 'tea overboard' in the boston harbor. That's how bad it is out here in the real world.

• Upvote 1

Being one of the few (only?) Liberals on this form, I'll give you my insight. I think it will be a very close race.

American are renown for voting in line with how the economy is going...except in times of war. So in Nov 2012, the "swing voter" will walk into the voting booth, open his/her wallet and ask...am I better of than I was 4 years ago? Based on today’s economic performance I think the answer is no…but things do appear to be turning ever so slightly. What individual votes will feel on election night is anyone’s guess.

I have many young and/or minority friends, the crowd that voted overwhelmingly for Obama last time, I can honestly say that they don't have the same level of energy as they did during the prior election. Of course we are still a long ways away, and the Demo haven't really shifted into high gear, but it's my gut feeling this will be a nail biter.

I wrote this to provide a different point of view and trust I won't get "creamed" merely because I mentioned the "L" word.

:)

I consider myself an extremely conservative person, and I have to agree with you.

I think it will be a nail biter because we have fewer than half of the potential voting population actually earning an income in the private sector, and that's not enough to support the economy of a country.

I think things appear to be turning slightly because the government has cooked the books on unemployment numbers (and other numbers of consequence) and the media lies with every report.

Too many people are still sleeping...and I agree, it will be a nail biter. I am always amazed at how many people I talk to that don't really care or aren't "in to politics." In the last 4 years since we voted this turd into the highest office in our land, I've tried to raise awareness.

I pray to God we get a "stay" in this election...or we're TOAST.

@cgbrown... There is plenty of 'fire in the belly' in this nation right now... Even the people I speak to that I consider 'politically ignorant' will tell you this man has got to go... Alot of people don't keep up with politics like many here on DV do but when that day in November comes they will go to the polls and vote whatever name is opposite Obama....usually I wouldn't agree with this, I think people should be thoroughly educated on their candidate before they vote but this November I hope they vote just to get him out.... Another thing, I don't think the majority of blacks will vote against him, I think many of his former supporters just will NOT vote this time..

Sorry... but conservatives tend to be conservatively, confidently quiet. We're fired up on the inside... but know when to act. Some of us are just too busy... working... making a living... leading... employing... to get caught up in bogus "polling", manufactured issues, drama and such. By the way... anyone here ever been polled? Or know anyone that has been? Funny... bet if DV was ever truly polled as a group... it would be a conservative landslide... not necessarily Republican, but conservative for sure.

I've polled DV several times, as well as have others. The results are ALWAYS Ron Paul 2012.

post-41734-133763128003_thumb.jpg

Correction - 2012 ~ No one but Paul

We are a REPUBLIC.

WE??? And your authority to speak for everyone else comes from where?

I am my own free Nation.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, ...

@ skitealwedrop, America is a Republic! NOT a Democracy.

I think you are confusing a land mass called America with a foreign corporation called United States, Inc.

@cgbrown... There is plenty of 'fire in the belly' in this nation right now... Even the people I speak to that I consider 'politically ignorant' will tell you this man has got to go... Alot of people don't keep up with politics like many here on DV do but when that day in November comes they will go to the polls and vote whatever name is opposite Obama....usually I wouldn't agree with this, I think people should be thoroughly educated on their candidate before they vote but this November I hope they vote just to get him out.... Another thing, I don't think the majority of blacks will vote against him, I think many of his former supporters just will NOT vote this time..

Don't kidd yourself, 'there is too much wet wood in the stove to light a fire". People are talking, people are fed up, but not to the point they will go to the polls and vote President Obama out. He will be elected for a second term.

+ I agree with you. We need to clean house in DC. I'm as disgruntled as some of you are. The problem is that many Americans don't vote at all. They have no clue who their state and county elected officials are. Americans are lazy when it comes to politics, in my view.

I have seen my fair share of corruption in the county that I reside in. Collin County to be exact. I'm certain that corruption runs up the ladder ending in DC. The only way we can expect change is for all of us is to become educated with regard to our politicians and vote in all elections.

Americans have a voice if they choose to use it.

The American choice is 'silence'. We see a few hundred now and then in 'protest' over some issue, but that is by far 'not a majority'. Even 911 didn't garner enough outrage to do anything. The majority let our 'military' do the fighting for us. Yes, I know that's what we have a military for. But while the Brave Men and Women are overseas fighting, you would think the 'outrage at home' would garner enough support to get our government on the right track and deal with the 'home bound ' issues.

The biggest threat to the American way of life right now is the NATIONAL DEBT. And there is not a politician in Washington who has 'enough guts' to make a change. The talk is there, but not the work to get it done. Why do we have to have year long debates, and decade long debates over the 'NATIONAL DEBT' and we still get nothing done.

I don't know where your getting info, people are turning on the big Odrama everyday!!!! He will NOT win!

According to latest poll: If the election were today, Obama would likely win 247 electoral votes to Romney's 206, according to an Associated Press analysis of polls, ad spending and key developments in states, along with interviews with more than a dozen Republican and Democratic strategists both inside and outside of the two campaigns.

• Upvote 1

According to latest poll: If the election were today, Obama would likely win 247 electoral votes to Romney's 206, according to an Associated Press analysis of polls, ad spending and key developments in states, along with interviews with more than a dozen Republican and Democratic strategists both inside and outside of the two campaigns.

Romney needs time to campaign against Obama. You can't just compare the existing president - the most powerful guy out there - with the new contender who has not even won the RNC nomination yet. Obama has a platform to campaign any time he wants and set the agenda. Romney has to wait for Ron Paul to get out of the race - Ron can't win. Once that is done and you have 2-3 months of campaigning against each other you will see who is fairing better.

Romney will win in 2012 because Obama is awful and everyone knows this. I can't think of one good thing Obama has done. Even killing Osama and drone pillaging are just carrying on what Bush did. Nothing he has proposed has worked. He mocked Bush in the election for taking out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children. He mocks him for spending a lot over 8 years. Then Obama spends MORE than Bush did in 8 years, in 4 years and apparently this is...not 'unpatriotic'.

• Massive debt spending on his own stupid pet projects like Solyndra that failed miserably - paid for by the taxpayer.

• No meaningful cuts or budgets passed WHEN DEMOCRATS HAD CONTROL OF THE HOUSE.

• You hear democrats crying about how the Republicans are so partisan in Washington and oppose everything they want. Even when they had control of the house to pass anything they wanted, they did nothing. No welfare reform. Nothing.

• Obamacare is unconstitutional and the SC will declare this pretty soon.

Obama strategy for 2012-2016:

Tax the rich more.

Problem:

Even if you tax them 100% - you still cannot pay for government. Not even close. Government is SO big and SO costly that we cannot pay for it and he is NOT willing to cut. All he has is 'Romney is an evil rich guy'.

Apparently they don't pay enough. Tell you what Obama. Tax the rich 100%. Then pretend it is STILL the rich man's fault as the deficit would still be hundreds of billions in the red every year.

Fun fact: The debt interest we pay every year would hire 30,000,000 public school teachers. But apparently the debt is not a problem, taxing the rich guy more so he leaves the country is a priority.

BA-AY485_Taxes__G_20120407004511.jpg

post-47054-133813398709_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I understand your frustration. I still hold to the fact that not enough Conseratives, Independents, and so-called Republicans are fire-up enough to get out and vote. My Grandpa use to sit on the court square and talk politics with a few good men, while they whittled away the cedar stick . Talking against and for all the good and bad in the country. At the end of the day nothing solved, or resolved to make a change. Next day, there they were again. Talking same ole stuff.

That's kinda what you hear in all this 'political speech making' going on. obama is a talker..... not a game changer.... but he welds enough power in his hand to whittle away at all our freedoms, while the good men do nothing.

Your right, I've never been polled, and the vast majority of 'good ole men' in America haven't either. The back woods, and end of the trail, living by most Americans leaves them too far from the voting poll to warrent a drive into to town to cast a single vote. They would die on the 'back porch' protecting what is theirs, but won't come out of the woods, or travel the dusty trail to help their neighbor protect his.

How in the world do you think all these laws, taxes, tarriffs, codes, got passed in the first place. We send to Washington the same people who run the local political machine, expecting them to make laws and changes for our good. You got to be kidding. It's all written in the history books..... (opps... I forgot they are busy re-writing history.... so that we don't really know what happened anymore). All the "MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON"......BUNCH have quit trying.

When the election is over, and Obama is re-elected. I'll be here to say, "I told you so".

Well . . . gee! What a guy!!

Seems some people already have their "out" ... a reason why Obama got in again if he does, that will make it sound like it was all just a dirty play, a conspiracy, no actual yes votes but hey ... you know how all that political stuff goes ... losing isn't losing, it is just not winning.

Well, being a Canadian, I don't have any say in the issue. . . . "But if I were asked . . . " You weren't.

Every four years politicians scramble- ideas, philosophy,and cheap talk, to convience voters to relect them. And for the most part it usually works. Politicians do not tell you what their real agenda is. They simply try to tell us what we need and they will provide it. However hidden deep within their desire for election is a clear path to power and control. Throughout history, from Kings, to dictatotors , to run-a -muck democracies, the key to power is to hold the people under. Make them obligated to those in power. Big government means big control. Big debt means big control. Higher taxes means more control. Services provided under the guise of higher taxes, and big government is less sufficient compared to those in the private sector. The President is not the only one we need to hold accountable. Senate and House and Judicial Courts are responsible for the mess we are in. They bribe, deceive, and conive to get relected. They've chiseled down at the foundation of American democracy until all we have left are a few stones.

And do you really think 2012 is going to change any of that?

Yes, I do. I think all of that will be turned around, slowly of course, as any huge organization or machine takes time to grind to a halt and reverse course. We have to get people into government who will stop the give-away, who will stop grabbing our money via taxes, who will support American business, who will stop the constant power-grab, and especially, who will risk losing the next election after this one in order to do the right thing now. I think the foreigner, Obama, will find out just how America really works when he sees how many people simply don't want him. I wish we could vote today. I am eager to get this turnaround started. And as a Senior Citizen, I am one of those who personally has the most to lose. But I am an American, was an American long before I became a Senior Citizen, and as the anonymous "they" always say, "An old dog can't learn new tricks," at least as far as loving his/her country and wanting what is best for America. Obama showed his true colors right after he got into office, when he took the census from the Department of Commerce and claimed it for the White House. To the best of my knowledge, that was his first power grab. I believe the majority of Americans are not stupid, and they can see clearly that Obama has to go!! I think this November election will be an even stronger repeat of the Carter election. Our country did not become the greatest nation on earth by blindly giving up our citizen-power and rights. So I trust American citizens to state clearly what we will tolerate and what we want when they vote. But I also think that, if we don't vote Obama out of office, we will be voting to kiss our beloved America goodbye. Another four years of Obama, this time with him unrestrained by the possibilty of a third term, will unleash Hell-on-America unlike anything we have ever known before. And so I write, and I pray, and I hope fervently that Obama's power is reclaimed by the people of our nation before he can do even more damage. Americans have a lot of repair work to do--but we are Americans--so we can do it. I sincerely believe we will.

Yes, I do. I think all of that will be turned around, slowly of course, as any huge organization or machine takes time to grind to a halt and reverse course. We have to get people into government who will stop the give-away, who will stop grabbing our money via taxes, who will support American business, who will stop the constant power-grab, and especially, who will risk losing the next election after this one in order to do the right thing now. I think the foreigner, Obama, will find out just how America really works when he sees how many people simply don't want him. I wish we could vote today. I am eager to get this turnaround started. And as a Senior Citizen, I am one of those who personally has the most to lose. But I am an American, was an American long before I became a Senior Citizen, and as the anonymous "they" always say, "An old dog can't learn new tricks," at least as far as loving his/her country and wanting what is best for America. Obama showed his true colors right after he got into office, when he took the census from the Department of Commerce and claimed it for the White House. To the best of my knowledge, that was his first power grab. I believe the majority of Americans are not stupid, and they can see clearly that Obama has to go!! I think this November election will be an even stronger repeat of the Carter election. Our country did not become the greatest nation on earth by blindly giving up our citizen-power and rights. So I trust American citizens to state clearly what we will tolerate and what we want when they vote. But I also think that, if we don't vote Obama out of office, we will be voting to kiss our beloved America goodbye. Another four years of Obama, this time with him unrestrained by the possibilty of a third term, will unleash Hell-on-America unlike anything we have ever known before. And so I write, and I pray, and I hope fervently that Obama's power is reclaimed by the people of our nation before he can do even more damage. Americans have a lot of repair work to do--but we are Americans--so we can do it. I sincerely believe we will.

I am not here to bust anyones 'bubble' about this election. I am simply stating my opinion. And my opinion is that President Obama will be re-elected. Am I happy, no. I am just being realistic. There is nothing going on in this political process that gives me any encouragement that this might be a 1 term president.

If the Republican are postering themeslves for a capture of the Oval office by this 'get nothing done congress' they are only fooling themselves. Republicans have been given a chance several times to make a 'BIG DIFFERENCE" and they have failed. 'THE INDEPENDANTS' can't garner enough support to make any change either. That only leaves the DEM. and they don't have any thing to offer either.

It just hasn't hit home to the American people what BIG TROUBLE THIS COUNTRY IS IN. The 'RICH' will make money no matter who is in office, and they will make money no matter what the tax rate is. The "POOR" are too happy collecting all the government freebys they don't won't change. So the middle class, who are trying to make TO THE RICH CLASS , and stay out of the 'POOR CLASS' are just trying to survive, but will not show enough 'fire in their belly' of disgust to make a difference either. So, what's left 'status quo' 'same ol, same ol" .

Edited by cgbrown
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It depends on how many dead people,indigents and illegals Obama can bribe or threaten to vote this time. Oh and let us not forget the ones that were hanging on by a thread and the uneducated ones that he made believe he was the second coming and would pay all their bills.

• Upvote 1