Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams chat this Wed Morning 5-16-2012

VIZIOIRAQI

[Adam Montana] Wow, I love this topic so much I hate to change it!

[Adam Montana] "Einstein: Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value"

Topic: official chat NO TYPING

[Adam Montana] topic changed, despite my hesitation to do so

[Adam Montana] for the record, it was:

[Adam Montana] "Einstein: Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value"

[Adam Montana] This is a prime example of why I love being a part of DV - so many amazing people are part of this awesome community, and so much love and joy is spread on a daily basis. When you can log into a chat room and immediately be greeted by a saying that is both inspirational and uplifting... What more could you ask for?

[Adam Montana] (Other than an RV )

[Adam Montana] ok, let's get on with the weekly chat. As I stated last week, I'm standing firm in my stance that until we have a resolution of the HCL or/and Chapter 7, we aren't going to see the RV. Of course, they could all happen simultaneously, in which case you better hope you are in my VIP group and have your phone number entered for the VIP Text Message, which will alert you to check your email for your priviliged cash in instructions.

[Adam Montana] I want to bring to your attention a couple of articles posted on the DV news forum over the last 10 days. (I'll edit the official chat post to include the links once it's posted)

[Adam Montana] The one that stands out the most is the article posted by yota691 (one of our amazing newshounds)!

[Adam Montana] on May 5 - "PM Maliki given 2 weeks to implement Erbil agreement"

[Adam Montana] (link to be inserted later HERE)

[Adam Montana] That two weeks is almost up, and as I said before - now we're going to see how serious Barzani, Allawi, al-Nujafi, and Talabani are.

[Adam Montana] Also posted on May 5 by Yota was a great article on the HCL. As you all know, HCL is VERY important to an RV! (LINK WILL GO HERE)

[Adam Montana] And last but not least, the Tariff discussion. My friends, I have one simple question... if the Iraqi peoples are going to remain in poverty ($3000 average income per year( LINK WILL GO HERE), why would Iraq worry about tariffs? A tariff is a tax (government revenue) on an import or export.

[Adam Montana] In all likelihood, this "tariff" issue is designed to tax imports, which not many Iraqis can currently afford. If the value of the currency raises, they will be buying goods, and they will be paying the tariffs.

[Adam Montana] common sense 101, right?

[Adam Montana] ok, that's all for the weekly breakdown - let's do the Questions! kcw, when you are ready tip_hat.gif

[kcw] few24u Aloha Adam, Robob 5288 added a post on 5/7 that has raised a few eyebrows and I was wondering what your take is on it: "Received a disturbing call last night; not sure what to make of it. But I do have a question; are all of these dinar sites connected, and are we actually victims of an enormous con job?"

[Adam Montana] "enormous con job" laugh.gif

[Adam Montana] :

[Adam Montana] I know some sites are connected - for example, DinarVets.com DinarSpeculation.com and DinarNews.net are all owned by me. I do not get paid to endorse the Dinar, nor do I get paid to recommend one dealer over another.

[Adam Montana] I know a few other sites out there do get paid by dealers, and their "intel" usually ends up in the "rumors" or "chat" sections here on DV, but other than that I'm not sure what to tell you.

[Adam Montana] Are some "guru's" paid by dealers? Of course! But on DV, no dealers or "pumpers" are allowed, so I guess my advice would be to stay away from sites that promote a specific dealer.

[Adam Montana] obviously there are people in the dinar "business" that will do whatever they can to make profits, but that has nothing to do with the dinar or Iraq in and of itself. Do you think the Dinar will go up in value? If so, invest in it. Do you think the Dinar will not go up? If not, then sell out and find something else to invest in.

[Adam Montana] It's really that simple

[Adam Montana] next please!

[kcw] waitingondinar Hello Adam, I have read recently that the zeros have been lifted some months ago, and that not all of the items listed in the Erbil agreement had to be completed now as some will have to be completed over time. Also, Barzani wants Malaki to run the governmnet. With this information out now, are we closer to an RV either this month or next? Thank you

[Adam Montana] Good question

[Adam Montana] the 0's have not yet been "raised/lifted/l0pped/added/etc"

[Adam Montana] Are we closer to an RV with this "information"? I don't think so, it's not really new info - it's just "re-spun" and "re-released" from older press reports

[Adam Montana] next pleaset!

[kcw] BigBear Goodmorning Adam! I keep hearing people say that if IRAQ was going to bunny-ear they would have done it by now since it wouldn't take much to line all the ducks up in a row to pull off a bunny-ear Seems like a good argument against bunny-ear to me, but I am not nearly as educated as you. Do you believe this to be true? When other countries have done a bunny-ear did it take as long as IRAQ has taken or did they do it much sooner? THank you!

[Adam Montana] that's another good one, and I have opposing answers

[Adam Montana] any re-denominating will be problematic

[Adam Montana] if they wanted to l0p, they could have done it already... but the problem is it is going to cost them money.

[Adam Montana] if they plan on RVing, they could have done it... but unless they do it right, it will DEFINITELY cost a lot of money!

[Adam Montana] the problem is this: in a low-technology country, when you bring out new money and kill old money, people will be confused and counterfeiting will be a BIG issue

[Adam Montana] unless there is a significant POSITIVE side to bringing out new currency, it will always be better to simply leave the current currency in place

[Adam Montana] in other words.

[Adam Montana] "If it aint broke - don't fix it"

[Adam Montana] This is and always will be one of my main reasons and arguments for staying the course. If they don't plan on raising the value - why would they change anything?! If they l0p, they lose money. Without a raise in value, they shouldn't redenominate. Since they plan on redenominating, they must be planning on raising the value to cover the expenses of said redenomination, and when the value raises - WE make money

[Adam Montana] How simple is THAT?! laugh.gif

[kcw] countryroads Hi Adam. Just one quick question, if you please. Do you feel that there any members of the GOI who are sincerely trying to move the Government and Iraq forward?

[Adam Montana] There are PLENTY. The government of Iraq isn't full of sinister people that want to see the country fail - just read the articles and pay attention to the names and what they say. They are trying to make forward progress.

[kcw] catone Hi Adam - Once again, thanks for all you and the mods do for this community. My question - with the (almost) entire globe in an upheaval currently, do you see the RV as simply adding the the existent issues that have seemed to hit every human on the planet. or as a solution?

[Adam Montana] I think an RV would be beneficial to the world, as well as Iraq. Iraq lost a ton of wealth in the blink of an eye. If they can recoup some of that wealth, it would benefit them ad the world greatly.

[kcw] localcats Good Morning Adam....if they inact the tarrif laws at the end of June would this help open the door to accesion into the WTO?

[Adam Montana] Absolutely!

[kcw] Flyboy42 Adam, do you think they will need to RV before they enact the Tariffs? Thanks for all you do!

[Adam Montana] good question

[Adam Montana] I don't think they need to RV first, BUT if they do RV first I expect to see some crazy tariffs almost immediatly. I hope they are responsible with these changes, because short term thinking and decisions could really hurt them in the next 5-10 years

[Adam Montana] next please

[kcw] waitingondinar Hello Adam, I saw this … yesterday and would like to know if what the title is saying is true: Printing of currency begins in Sept 2012, Currency issued in January 2013

[Adam Montana] Those articles have indeed been released by several Iraqi news agencies. We will see if they hold true!

[kcw] skunkman Hello Adam. I know you've gone over some rate info. My question is, if the dinar rvs at 10 cents I know that will help us but @ 10 cents,how is that going to help iraq? It. Seems to me they would still use our U.S. dollars than their dinars? Thanks for all you do.

[Adam Montana] I disagree. If the rate comes out at .10, and I believe there is nothing to stop it from rising, I would sell all of my USD for more IQD. I think the Iraqis will do the same, which means the demand for IQD will be greater. Since demand drives price, the value of the Dinar will rise.

[kcw] securityguy Adam; Can you share anything related to Ali's purposed Bank start up that might make us feel more comfertable with that investment? I have read some that Ali has released, but as one would expect, it is pro slanted. It would seem there would be at least some Caveat to consider. I understand, you must tread lightley, or do I dare ask at all?

[Adam Montana] Ali has been talking about starting a bank for quite some time now.. the last I heard from my sources in Iraq was that he wasn't making much headway with it.

[Adam Montana] Regarding me "treading lightly" - Ali doesn't pay me for anything, nor does any other Dinar Dealer. I will always speak my true opinion even if it makes them mad

[Adam Montana] next please~

[kcw] mcjocky1 After reading back over the past 30 months worth of posts regarding Ali and the support that was so forcefully voiced by many back then, I have one question for Adam. Can you put a figure (%) on your belief in the integrity, honesty you place in this person. Doubts have been voiced before and questions asked on the forums but no real answers were acheived. Awkward maybe regarding advertising revenue, but thousands of people might be happier after a response from you.

[Adam Montana] Mom always said "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything"... but your question is very compelling, so I will give an answer

[Adam Montana] First - Ali doesn't pay anything directly to me for any of his ads. The ads displayed are chosen by Google and you might see anything from a dinar dealer to a diaper dealer... I have no control over what Google displays.

[Adam Montana] I personally don't think I can trust Ali farther than I can throw him, but I do think I can count on him to do whatever makes the most business sense at the time.

[Adam Montana] If it is in his best interest to give you a good rate on dinars - he will do so

[Adam Montana] - I was going to try to answer diplomatically, but I think I failed... let's move on. next please!

[kcw] Luigi1 "Finance Commitee: Printing of currency begins in Sept 2012, Currency issued in January 2013." Wasn't this done in Nov? Coins & lower denoms minted & printed & in storage in Iraq awaiting distribution. What's your take on this?

[Adam Montana] They have printed certain new denominations, but if they are planning on redenominating there is no concrete evidence that the currencies are presently in existence

[kcw] bschmitzquc Adam...how do you feel the "Now to September" train looks now? De-railed or full steam ahead? Thank you.

[Adam Montana] Great question!

[Adam Montana] I think we've just learned that this train is fueled by coal. The train is at the coal station being re-stocked... the question is, how much fuel are they adding?!

[Adam Montana] Time will tell TwoCents.gif

[kcw] Laid Back Good morning Sir. Do you have any news from you super duper secret contact in iraq Thanks in advance.

[Adam Montana] My super duper secret contacts tell me to calm down and wait.

[kcw] Northern Lights What is the latest news on the HCL? Last time I think you mentioned that it was 99% complete. Do you know what is still needed on this? Also, do you think that they have in essence completed the agreements on this and are stalling the RV due to the issues with Erbil (I.e. Maliki)?

[Adam Montana] The latest news on the HCL is probably best explained with the last article posted in our news section (LINK WILL GO HERE)

[kcw] Amos9:13 Adam, I had previously thought that maybe Shabibi was looking at 2 timelines. Suprisingly enough it looks like this is what has come out. I originally thought maybe he would revalue in September and allow the dinar to gain value up until January. By the time he released the new notes...they would be at about the value he expected (.86 cents)...do you think this is a reality or do you think he will just start out lowballing at .10c in January then allow it to gain value for 18 months (for the old dinar)

[Adam Montana] Amos, great question

[Adam Montana] I still think Shabibi is holding several contingency plans

[Adam Montana] the date and rate is anyone's guess- you know my opinion

[kcw] francesro Suppose we have to cash in larger denoms at a low RV rate. If we expect initial RV rate to increase over time wouldn't it be better to buy lower denoms now at a cheap rate than later after the initial RV?

[Adam Montana] I think this is a common misconception

[Adam Montana] although they COULD l0p only certain denominations, but it's more likely that they would l0p the entire seriesof notes

[Adam Montana] which means that if you have the CURRENT 25k, 10k, 5k, etc - all of them would be affected equally

[Adam Montana] which means if you pay more for the lower denoms, you're just going to get a worse return on your money

[Adam Montana] TwoCents.gif

[kcw] pattyangel Can we safely say that it all boils down for Chapter 7 and HCL to pass. That's the bottom line, correct... or has the picture changed to other issues. Thanks Adam.

[Adam Montana] In my opinion, absolutely and 100%!

[Adam Montana] nevermind that was the last one laugh.gif

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 3

Adam, as usual you are the man. Information is positive even in small doses. Thanks for keeping us grounded. Thank you kcw and all the mods for being here with us and keeping us on our toes and behaving like the nice people we actually are. GooooooRrrrrrVvvvvv. :)

• Upvote 3

Thank you Adam Montana, for yet again a terrific chat..........loved last weeks as well.

There are not enough words to say thanks for being you and such an awesome job.

You are our glue,that makes this site work beautifully for all. smile.gif

myst

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Adam...tell Eve Howdy...appreciate the upbeat positive attitude and chat...when I graduated from high school I had nothing...years later I still have most of it...a few more days will be a cake walk...

well we can hope anway..cheers

• Upvote 2

Adam, I just want to be sure I understand correctly what you said which was:

"Adam Montana] I disagree. If the rate comes out at .10, and I believe there is nothing to stop it from rising, I would sell all of my USD for more IQD. I think the Iraqis will do the same, which means the demand for IQD will be greater. Since demand drives price, the value of the Dinar will rise."

Emphasis added. Did you mean USD or the IQD bills you currently hold? Or, did you mean you would invest more USD in IQD. I'm having a 'blond moment' here and need clarification. :)

Thanks,

Hoopster

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Adam, I just want to be sure I understand correctly what you said which was:

"Adam Montana] I disagree. If the rate comes out at .10, and I believe there is nothing to stop it from rising, I would sell all of my USD for more IQD. I think the Iraqis will do the same, which means the demand for IQD will be greater. Since demand drives price, the value of the Dinar will rise."

Emphasis added. Did you mean USD or the IQD bills you currently hold? Or, did you mean you would invest more USD in IQD. I'm having a 'blond moment' here and need clarification. :)

Thanks,

Hoopster

He ment more USD for IQD :tiphat:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

USD! If the value on the IQD is going up, I am going to buy more IQD - I'm not going to sell my IQD that I currently have if I know it's going to keep going up in value!

Gotcha...that's what I thought, but then I was thinking about having to cash in because of a time limit being imposed and new bills being released, therefore having to cash in our larger IQD bills. Guess I was thinking too much and kinda got lost in my thoughts. Like I said, a blond moment.....lol