Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

More Oil than all Reserves Combined

cris

Federal Lands Sit on Oil Deposit Bigger Than All Known Oil Reserves Combined

May 14, 2012 byTad Cronn 23 Comments

President Obama and the Left like to go on about energy independence, but they won’t do anything to actually achieve it.

Solar, wind and biofuels are all technologies that aren’t ready to produce the kind of power we need to keep our country running, but the Left keeps on promoting them over technologies that are proven and available, such as nuclear, clean-burning coal and natural gas.

The biggest lie of the Left, however, is that we’re running out of oil. The exhaustion of oil reserves is the bogeyman used to scare people into wasting time and effort on dead ends like wind technology. Mixed with a heavy dose of global warming fear-mongering, lies about oil have kept us from developing our own natural resources.

Now comes a report from the General Accounting Office, an investigative arm of Congress, that a chunk of federal land known as the Green River Formation, at the juncture of Colorado, Utah and Wyoming, not only contains a lot of oil, but it may contain more oil than the rest of the world’s proven reserves.

Ponder this as you pump gas into your car at $4 and up per gallon.

If we could develop just the Green River Formation, we could say goodbye to crazy Middle Eastern oil distributors, fill all our energy needs and sell the surplus to the rest of the world.

And that’s just one oil field in U.S. territory. Most of the West and East Coasts, the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska are just swimming in oil that we’re not using because of liberal hobgoblins.

Liberals like to call themselves “progressives,” yet they are anything but. Their vision of renewable energy in the 21st century would have our urban areas resembling the Flintstones’ Bedrock rather than the Jetsons’ city of the future.

I’m all in favor of wise management of resources, but “manage” can’t mean to just sit on them while the nation suffers.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/5188/federal-lands-sit-on-oil-deposit-bigger-than-all-known-oil-reserves-combined/

• Upvote 5

i dont think the big oil companies are all to eager to have a MASSIVE OIL FIELD unleashed into the MARKET.... It would SLASH their Profits considerably,,,,,just food for thought.....now if the American peolple had a President that would profit share like the erbil agreement .that would be awesome :D

i dont think the big oil companies are all to eager to have a MASSIVE OIL FIELD unleashed into the MARKET.... It would SLASH their Profits considerably,,,,,just food for thought.....now if the American peolple had a President that would profit share like the erbil agreement .that would be awesome :D

No kidding......They share the wealth in Alaska :D How about

the lower 48? I had no idea Green River Basin was that big

Just my opinion the us government has know of oil reserves and natural gas for long time but keep it in house use other countries oil till its completely exhausted then start to use are own at least in a long term position that makes sense to me not saying liberals don't push a renewable energy global warming agenda but I'm sure we have a long term vision for our reserves also I lived in eastern Montana and haliburton has been doing exploratory drilling there for about 3 years

There's no point getting yourselves all excited over nothing. The oil companies will not dristribute their oil products in this country. They will ship it all overseas because they can get a better price for it than they can here. We live in a controlled market environment. The big oil companies have the product and we are the captive audience. They will not flood their own market place and upset the price structures they have us used to paying.

When the Alaska oil fields first came to light, people thought that we would finally become indipendent of Opec oil, in fact this was a lie perpetuated by the Elite through their store bought politicians, the GOP, to have the American people get behind the oil companies and develop the Alaskan fields...Fat chance!

When are Americans going to wake up and stop believing the tripe that comes from the political right? After all the lies we have been told, how can anyone in their right mind be so naive!

Carlos

• Upvote 2

Could you imagine that? We would get checks FROM the govt just like Kuwait. Imagine, $.50 a gallon for gas, screw the middle east and opec, the world knocking on our door for oil. Our govt would just screw it up and give it away to "poor" nations who just happen to be in the pockets of our leaders.

• Upvote 2

Just my opinion the us government has know of oil reserves and natural gas for long time but keep it in house use other countries oil till its completely exhausted then start to use are own at least in a long term position that makes sense to me not saying liberals don't push a renewable energy global warming agenda but I'm sure we have a long term vision for our reserves also I lived in eastern Montana and haliburton has been doing exploratory drilling there for about 3 years

Your right ayrnay22: I heard years ago just what you are saying...that we were afloat in oil below our country, and that it's being protected a matter of "national security" implying that our nations security would be jeopardized if these reserves were not protected. The plan, as I heard it, said that as a national strategy we would use up everyone else's oil reserves first, the we would tap into our own when everyone else ran out.

I have reports also of oil exploration and drilling in many states now, Montana, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, and Texas. Halliburton was also working in Eastern Utah for a number of years. All these states are booming! Probably the only real place where the average American can find work that pays descent. I've seen many recent reports on MSM nightly news. They can't find enough workers. For all of you that are unemployed, you might consider relocating. They need every type of workers: construction, cooks, truck drivers, electricians, and oil rig workers.

The news report I saw a couple of nights ago was a about some average folks in Kansas that were making a killing leasing out their farmlands to the oil companies for exploration. There appear to be many opportunities to make an honest days wages for someone willing to take a risk. Unfortunately it's the only game in town right now. We have no other boom, except perhaps to a lesser degree in the mining industry, as the rising price of prescious metals is sustaining it's own small economic recovery also!

It's my belief that the Government decided to tap into our reserve oil supplies. My guess is that this decision was made because the Bush plan for Iraq's oil did not play out as planed. The Iraqis seemed to have denied the US access to it's oil, with the exception of small isolated examples.

Since Iraq would not play ball with Washington, now the PTB are looking to make another attempt, this time in Iran or Syria. As if they had their way, we would have invaded Iran years ago. Certainly the drumbeats of war eminating from the Elitest right wing have grown louder over the years. I believe the attack and invation of Iran has been stopped, although maybe only temporarily, by other major world players, Russia, and China.

Carlos

• Upvote 2

The oil boom is definitely in effect in north Dakota some towns are paying 14 an hour to work mcdonalds cause the normal employees left to work in the oil fields working 3 weeks on 2 off for about 2000 a week I've been working from boise to billings to cheyenne doing hvac for 6 years cause work in massachusetts is dead