Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ron Paul ending his campaign

DinarMillionaire

All you Romney people are Koo Koo for Coco Puffs. I really do not know what kind of twisted irrational logic you all concocted to think that Mitt Romney will be any better than Obama. You have a freedom candidate and you Sh8t on him. You will get what you want let Romney get in. He will give you freedom, he will give you liberty, in form of a continued surveillance society to the 10th degree. Just wait, i will be there to point fingers for who to blame. Of course from another country i will move from the US if Ron Paul is not elected. Yes, it will get that bad, don't believe me just wait and see. You Romney people have no concept or can even fathom what is about to happen to this nation. If you did you would not be voting on a irrational platform of a vote for Paul is a vote for Obama. It is so sicking that people have not woke up and smelled the coffee yet. I guess mind control really works.

Edited by Scrumdiddles

http://www.examiner.com/article/bush-cheney-rumsfeld-war-criminals-verdict-enforcement-phase-begins

Good day for George W. to endorse Romney... Obama putting us back in the ICC set this all up... Bye Bye Willard, you're going with them to the ICC, not even your blind herd can save you.

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld war criminals verdict Enforcement Phase begins

Deborah Dupre's photo

Deborah Dupre

Despite 'UN corruption,' Nuremberg Charter makes Malaysian Tribunal convicting Bush and other heads of state guilty of war crimes official

The Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal, based on the Nuremberg Charter, is proceeding to the enforcement phase after officially convicting George W. Bush, Richard Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and lawyers of war crimes in a packed court Friday where legal experts heard shocking testimonies of American torture inflicted by United States soldiers such as removing fingernails with pliers, electrocutions and sexual humiliation.

After eleven years of human rights defender organizations such as Veterans for Peace and United for Peace and Justice working to hold American war criminals accountable, a worldwide grassroots citizen's tribunal of conscience movement is proceeding to the Enforcement Phase after finding Bush, Cheney, Rumfeld and lawyers guilty of war crimes on May 12 in Malaysia in a court using the Nuremberg Charter, according to Press TV.

Advertisement

“This is the first conviction of these people anywhere in the world,” said war crimes expert and lawyer Francis Boyle, professor of international law at University of Illinois College of Law in America.

“We tried three times to get Bush in Canada but were thwarted by the Canadian Government, then we scared Bush out of going to Switzerland. The Spanish attempt failed because of the government there and the same happened in Germany.”

Boyle referenced the Nuremberg Charter used as the format for the tribunal when asked about credibility of the initiative in Malaysia.

“Leaders, organizers, instigators and accomplices participating in the formulation or execution of a common plan or conspiracy to commit war crimes are responsible for all acts performed by any person in execution of such a plan,” Boyle quoted.

The US is subject to customary international law and to the Principles of the Nuremberg Charter said Boyle.

Boyle believes the week-long trial was “almost certainly” being monitored closely by both Pentagon and White House officials.

What validity does this verdict have on the international community and how will the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal exercise a sentence, or is there a sentence?

“The Tribunal has recommended that the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Commission forward the Tribunal's verdict and judgment, and trial record and evidence to (1) the International Criminal Court (ICC) and to (2) the United Nations and Security Council for their further action,” stated Canadian human rights defender Kevin Annett.

“The Tribunal also awarded reparations to the 5 Complainant War Crimes tortured by U.S. armed forces, and suggested that there might be national courts who will enforce this order for reparations as in other cases,” Annett says.

“Now, this case, which was sustained since 2007 by a worldwide grassroots citizen's tribunal of conscience movement, proceeds to the ENFORCEMENT PHASE.”

“The same grassroots movement can pivot and begin to actively approach the International Criminal Court, the United Nations, and national courts (such as the courts which extradited, arrested, tried, convicted and imprisoned the Chilean war criminal (convicted of torture) Agusto Pinochet.

“Thus this Enforcement Phase is now part of the flow of the citizen's tribunal of conscience movement and its legal and moral interactions with the ICC, the UN, and the national courts (for example, in Europe)."

Malaysia’s retired Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, has spearheaded the tribunal. Mohamad staunchly opposed the American-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

At the hearing, he and other Tribunal participants heard the harrowing personal statements and testimonies of three witnesses namely Abbas Abid, Moazzam Begg and Jameelah Hameedi, victims of torture who suffered at the hands of US soldiers and contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The tribunal heard two other Statutory Declarations of Iraqi citizen Ali Shalal and Rahul Ahmed, another British citizen.

“The tribunal was very careful to adhere scrupulously to the regulations drawn up by the Nuremberg courts and the International Criminal Courts,” said Professor Gurdial Singh Nijar, who headed the prosecution.

Like Pinochet, Bush and other American war criminals must face accountability

He added that he was optimistic the tribunal would be followed up in the world where “countries have a duty to try war criminals” and he cited the case of the former Chilean dictator Augustine Pinochet who was arrested in Britain to be extradited to Spain on charges of war crimes.

“Pinochet was only eight years out of his presidency when that happened.”

The Pinochet case was the first time that several European judges applied the principle of universal jurisdiction, declaring themselves competent to judge crimes committed by former heads of state, despite local amnesty laws.

Throughout last week, the tribunal was packed with legal experts and law students as witnesses gave testimony and then cross examination by the defence led by lawyer Jason Kay Kit Leon.

American torture details shocks court

The court heard how:

· Abbas Abid, a 48-year-old engineer from Fallujah in Iraq had his fingernails removed by pliers.

· Ali Shalal was attached with bare electrical wires and electrocuted and hung from a wall.

· Moazzam Begg was beaten, hooded and put in solitary confinement.

· Jameelah was stripped and humiliated, and was used as a human shield whilst being transported by helicopter.

The witnesses also detailed how their residual injuries that they still suffer today.

Moazzam Begg, now working as a director for the London-based human rights group Cageprisoners said he was delighted with the verdict, but added: “When people talk about Nuremberg you have to remember those tried were all prosecuted after the war.

“Right now Guantanamo is still open, people are still being held there and are still being tortured there.”

In response to questions about the difference between the Bush and Obama Administrations, he added: “If President Bush was the President of extra-judicial torture then US President Barak Obama is the President of extra judicial killing through drone strikes. Our work has only just begun.”

After the guilty verdict reached by five senior judges was delivered, Mohamad said: “Powerful countries are getting away with murder.”

One of the most typically heard human rights-related comments about the Tribunal's recent success in the post 9/11 reign of terror leads the comments on Press TV's breaking news coverage of this event: "Obama and his cohorts need also to be tried for crimes against humanity."

Scrumdiddles, I haven't read anything yet that would convince me Ron

could follow thru with his agenda.....and the delivery of 'wake up' is a real

turn-off.

Ron hasn't been able to get legislation passed in the Congress in 21

years.....His own colleagues arent willing to go along with him. Meanwhile,

Romney has been a successful businessman, helping the economy and

creating thousands of jobs.

His time at Bain Capitol showed a 78% success rate. I expect him to

handle the countries economy in the same way.

I have read a lot about Ron having ideas that I dont agree with, Isolationism,

anti Israel pro Palestinian sentiment, and legalization of drugs.

The RP voters would have a better chance of convincing more people

of his worth, by being a little less confrontational.

• Upvote 2

turn-off.

The tens of thousands of people who lost their jobs because of Romney's so called "successful business practices" would very much disagree with you... even Mr. Gingrich would disagree with you since his super PAC put out a half our documentary on how many lives Romney ruined...he was the definition of a vulture capitalist, and you're praising him? He's everything wrong with the American business man, and you look up to him? Anyone but Romney is what I'm telling everyone I know, since most are educated enough to understand this is their kids future.

Isolationism is North Korea, when you refuse to trade with anyone... RP is a non-interventionist who doesn't believe in butting into other people's affairs, believes in trading instead of nation building and imposing our will onto people, and doesn't believe in foreign aid which is taken from poor people here and given to rich people over there(government officials) as a form of a bribe in order to continue being a puppet regime.

If you research carefully, you will see that the Netanyahu regime are the biggest terrorist and threat to world peace, and the legalization of drugs is very simple...we've spent trillions on the war on drugs, meanwhile the CIA has been busted numerous times for actually being the importers...the CIA are the biggest drug dealers in the world, that's what funds the Rockefeller/Bush black ops... so the legalization of drugs would end their drugging cartel and save lives.

Edited by HughJeffin Byrd

turn-off.

Well there are many articles posted here on DV for you to read. You can come up with all the excuses you would like to not vote for ron Paul, or take a stand for your liberty, really it is that simple. You are not getting anything from Romney. Confrontational, yea maybe a little, sometimes it is hard to deal with talking points that sheeple are always stating because they can not critically think for themselves. US MIND CONTROL, THEY DO NOT WANT PEOPLE WHO CAN CRITICALLY THINK.

The tens of thousands of people who lost their jobs because of Romney's so called "successful business practices" would very much disagree with you... even Mr. Gingrich would disagree with you since his super PAC put out a half our documentary on how many lives Romney ruined...he was the definition of a vulture capitalist, and you're praising him? He's everything wrong with the American business man, and you look up to him? Anyone but Romney is what I'm telling everyone I know, since most are educated enough to understand this is their kids future.

The facts are the facts....Bain Capitol was in the business of

taking companies either in bankruptcy or on the verge, back

into solvency......Yeah, I like him, a 78% success rate is impressive,

and all of them were not savable.....22%. Sorry, I like that. Whats

Ron done? What are his policies regarding taxes & regulations?

I'll take a successful businessman over a non effective legislator

any day.

I still haven't read anything showing me that Ron can follow thru.

Ron Paul supporters don't mean to be confrontational...we're honestly just terrified of the consequences, we don't have another 4 years to clean this up, it has to be now, or never.

Good response....thanks Hugh

The facts are the facts....Bain Capitol was in the business of

taking companies either in bankruptcy or on the verge, back

into solvency......Yeah, I like him, a 78% success rate is impressive,

and all of them were not savable.....22%. Sorry, I like that. Whats

Ron done? What are his policies regarding taxes & regulations?

I'll take a successful businessman over a non effective legislator

any day.

I still haven't read anything showing me that Ron can follow thru.

No offense, but you're argument works in Ron's favor... he'll be the first to tell you he doesn't get many of his acts passed because he's working with a bunch of criminals who are bought by AIPAC and lobbyists... so him not being able to push any real reform in isn't really a good argument for you, and since he thinks we should live by the constitution why would he want to pass more laws? We had 40,000 laws just enacted this year alone, it's a joke, these laws are just for commercial business use. His most important act was his federal reserve transparency act that passed and we FINALLY got a PARTIAL audit of the Fed Reserve where it showed they sent of more than 16 trillion to European banks..

Isolationism is North Korea, when you refuse to trade with anyone... RP is a non-interventionist who doesn't believe in butting into other people's affairs, believes in trading instead of nation building and imposing our will onto people, and doesn't believe in foreign aid which is taken from poor people here and given to rich people over there(government officials) as a form of a bribe in order to continue being a puppet regime.

If you research carefully, you will see that the Netanyahu regime are the biggest terrorist and threat to world peace, and the legalization of drugs is very simple...we've spent trillions on the war on drugs, meanwhile the CIA has been busted numerous times for actually being the importers...the CIA are the biggest drug dealers in the world, that's what funds the Rockefeller/Bush black ops... so the legalization of drugs would end their drugging cartel and save lives.

More people would have lost their jobs if Romney hadn't come in and revamped the businesses and made them profitable.

Businesses can't operate in a deficit like the government does. It's illegal.

Maybe you should consider the tens of thousands of people whose jobs were saved thru his "successful business practices."

I get so sick of people who don't know anything about business attacking people who understand economics and know how to make things work.

• Upvote 1

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/21/audit-fed-gave-16-trillion-in-emergency-loans/

Audit: Fed gave $16 trillion in emergency loans

By Stephen C. Webster

Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:34 EDT

Print

Share on facebookShare on redditShare on diggShare on twitterShare on farkShare on stumbleupon1.1K

bernanke0209-afp1

The U.S. Federal Reserve gave out $16.1 trillion in emergency loans to U.S. and foreign financial institutions between Dec. 1, 2007 and July 21, 2010, according to figures produced by the government’s first-ever audit of the central bank.

Last year, the gross domestic product of the entire U.S. economy was $14.5 trillion.

Of the $16.1 trillion loaned out, $3.08 trillion went to financial institutions in the U.K., Germany, Switzerland, France and Belgium, the Government Accountability Office’s (GAO) analysis shows.

Additionally, asset swap arrangements were opened with banks in the U.K., Canada, Brazil, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Mexico, Singapore and Switzerland. Twelve of those arrangements are still ongoing, having been extended through August 2012.

Out of all borrowers, Citigroup received the most financial assistance from the Fed, at $2.5 trillion. Morgan Stanley came in second with $2.04 trillion, followed by Merill Lynch at $1.9 trillion and Bank of America at $1.3 trillion.

The audit also found that the Fed mostly outsourced its lending operations to the very financial institutions which sparked the crisis to begin with, and that they delegated contracts largely on a no-bid basis. The GAO report recommends new policies that would eliminate such conflicts of interest, and suggests that in the future the Fed should keep better records of their emergency decision-making process.

The Fed agreed to “strongly consider” the recommendations, but as it is not a government-run institution it cannot be forced to do so by lawmakers. The seven-member board of governors and the Fed chairman are, however, appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the Senate.

The audit was conducted on a one-time basis, as mandated by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, passed last year. Fed officials had strongly discouraged lawmakers from ordering the audit, claiming it may serve to undermine confidence in the monetary system.

The full GAO audit results follow, below.

####

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60553686/GAO-Fed-Investigation

More people would have lost their jobs if Romney hadn't come in and revamped the businesses and made them profitable.

Businesses can't operate in a deficit like the government does. It's illegal.

Maybe you should consider the tens of thousands of people whose jobs were saved thru his "successful business practices."

I get so sick of people who don't know anything about business attacking people who understand economics and know how to make things work.

You seem to be a bit confrontational on this subject... I get so sick of people endorsing ponzi scheme economics and then who talk down to people who actually know what they are talking about... I'm assuming you're an advocate of Keynsian economics?

No offense, but you're argument works in Ron's favor... he'll be the first to tell you he doesn't get many of his acts passed because he's working with a bunch of criminals who are bought by AIPAC and lobbyists... so him not being able to push any real reform in isn't really a good argument for you, and since he thinks we should live by the constitution why would he want to pass more laws? We had 40,000 laws just enacted this year alone, it's a joke, these laws are just for commercial business use. His most important act was his federal reserve transparency act that passed and we FINALLY got a PARTIAL audit of the Fed Reserve where it showed they sent of more than 16 trillion to European banks..

I disagree. If he can't make any difference in Congress, he can't make any difference as POTUS either.

I'd rather put someone in who will move things in the right direction, and not someone who will be so far from what is possible that nothing ever gets done.

• Upvote 1

I disagree. If he can't make any difference in Congress, he can't make any difference as POTUS either.

I'd rather put someone in who will move things in the right direction, and not someone who will be so far from what is possible that nothing ever gets done.

What exactly is the right direction? All Romney talks about are how we need a "leader" and "this president this and this president that"...he is terrified of reporters and only sits down with reporters when he knows the questions coming and he has formulated an answer from all his advisers... all he is an extension of the Bush family, he offers no change, and we're done if he gets in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW7iOIh-W4k

You seem to be a bit confrontational on this subject... I get so sick of people endorsing ponzi scheme economics and then who talk down to people who actually know what they are talking about... I'm assuming you're an advocate of Keynsian economics?

Nice. I mean Wow.

I don't need to advocate for or against Keynesian economics, and I don't even know what it is, but at least I can spell it.

I'm an advocate of "keep business out of bankruptcy by making sure that it earns more than it spends." When businesses aren't efficient, they go under. Then nobody keeps their jobs.

I don't even know what to say about your crack about Ponzi scheme economics. Wow.

What exactly is the right direction? All Romney talks about are how we need a "leader" and "this president this and this president that"...he is terrified of reporters and only sits down with reporters when he knows the questions coming and he has formulated an answer from all his advisers... all he is an extension of the Bush family, he offers no change, and we're done if he gets in.

I guess we'll find out, because there isn't any way Ron Paul is getting in.

• Upvote 1

Nice. I mean Wow.

I don't need to advocate for or against Keynesian economics, and I don't even know what it is, but at least I can spell it.

I'm an advocate of "keep business out of bankruptcy by making sure that it earns more than it spends." When businesses aren't efficient, they go under. Then nobody keeps their jobs.

I don't even know what to say about your crack about Ponzi scheme economics. Wow.

I guess we'll find out, because there isn't any way Ron Paul is getting in.

Guess we will, because it's going to be the will of the people once he gets in, not the almighty dollar and bought media. Good one, I spelled Keynesian wrong and that was your only rebuttal. You clearly don't know much about economics if you don't understand how money works...it's a debt instrument, it has no equity, it's all an illusion, it's a ponzi scheme until we fix it.. it's that simple...research and get back to me. There is no money in this country, we went bankrupt in 1933, all there is...is credit... so there needs to be perpetual debt, without it, the system collapses.

Ok....I found one worthwhile article. Im in agreement regarding the Fed,

Not so much on legalizing drugs. The facts are, Medical Marijuana is

sold to children, and others, to purchase drugs like oxicodone.

On the isolationism issue, Im perfectly happy with eliminating most subsidies

to other countries....not all of them though, including Israel.

Congress Debates Ending the Federal Reserve?

Thursday, May 10, 2012

In a rare moment of bipartisan unity, lawmakers and economists on both sides of the aisle largely agreed on two points: The Federal Reserve System as it stands is hurting America and something must be done to stop it. Just what exactly needs to happen, however, was the subject of considerable debate during a Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy hearing Tuesday chaired by sound-money advocate and GOP presidential contender Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

Dr. Paul, of course, has become famous around the world for his tireless efforts to audit, expose, and abolish the central bank. He even published a best-selling book in 2009 entitled End the Fed, a title that has become a rallying cry for millions of Americans angry about the institution’s multi-trillion-dollar bailouts, market manipulations, corruption, and debasement of the currency.

The subcommittee hearing, entitled “The Federal Reserve System: Mend It or End It?”, examined a range of different proposals to reform the nation’s monetary system — it was supposed to look at six different options emanating from both parties. One of the measures on the agenda was Congressman Paul’s own “Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act,” legislation to dismantle the central bank and restore sound money based on market principles.

“More and more people are beginning to understand just how destructive the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy has been. I hope that this hearing will kick start a serious discussion on the need to rein in the Fed,” Chairman Paul said in a statement about the event. “A hundred years is far too long for Congress to have taken a hands-off approach. The Fed continues to reward Wall Street banks while destroying the dollar’s purchasing power and driving up the cost of living for average Americans. This reckless behavior must come to an end.”

http://patriotupdate.com/22731/congress-debates-ending-the-federal-reserve

• Upvote 1

Ok....I found one worthwhile article. Im in agreement regarding the Fed,

Not so much on legalizing drugs. The facts are, Medical Marijuana is

sold to children, and others, to purchase drugs like oxicodone.

On the isolationism issue, Im perfectly happy with eliminating most subsidies

to other countries....not all of them though, including Israel.

Congress Debates Ending the Federal Reserve?

Thursday, May 10, 2012

In a rare moment of bipartisan unity, lawmakers and economists on both sides of the aisle largely agreed on two points: The Federal Reserve System as it stands is hurting America and something must be done to stop it. Just what exactly needs to happen, however, was the subject of considerable debate during a Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy hearing Tuesday chaired by sound-money advocate and GOP presidential contender Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

Dr. Paul, of course, has become famous around the world for his tireless efforts to audit, expose, and abolish the central bank. He even published a best-selling book in 2009 entitled End the Fed, a title that has become a rallying cry for millions of Americans angry about the institution’s multi-trillion-dollar bailouts, market manipulations, corruption, and debasement of the currency.

The subcommittee hearing, entitled “The Federal Reserve System: Mend It or End It?”, examined a range of different proposals to reform the nation’s monetary system — it was supposed to look at six different options emanating from both parties. One of the measures on the agenda was Congressman Paul’s own “Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act,” legislation to dismantle the central bank and restore sound money based on market principles.

“More and more people are beginning to understand just how destructive the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy has been. I hope that this hearing will kick start a serious discussion on the need to rein in the Fed,” Chairman Paul said in a statement about the event. “A hundred years is far too long for Congress to have taken a hands-off approach. The Fed continues to reward Wall Street banks while destroying the dollar’s purchasing power and driving up the cost of living for average Americans. This reckless behavior must come to an end.”

http://patriotupdate.com/22731/congress-debates-ending-the-federal-reserve

The Federal Reserve is the one thing that should unite us all, since it's the head of the snake... it's a private bank with no oversight and a printing press...whoever owns it has the power of god(Rockefellers, Rothschilds, Warburgs) and others.. they are responsible for every crisis because they manufacture the crisis, and then buy up everything for pennies on the dollar, therefore taking away other people's power and consolidating theirs. If Romney said he would end the fed, he'd have my vote tomorrow, but unfortunately he has no intentions of even acknowledging questions asked about the Fed, and that tells me everything I need to know about that man.

Guess we will, because it's going to be the will of the people once he gets in, not the almighty dollar and bought media. Good one, I spelled Keynesian wrong and that was your only rebuttal. You clearly don't know much about economics if you don't understand how money works...it's a debt instrument, it has no equity, it's all an illusion, it's a ponzi scheme until we fix it.. it's that simple...research and get back to me. There is no money in this country, we went bankrupt in 1933, all there is...is credit... so there needs to be perpetual debt, without it, the system collapses.

I know plenty about how money works.

I know how to balance a budget.

I know how to run a successful profitable business.

I know how to get the job done within the budget.

I want someone leading our government who actually knows how to do all that, and who sees that as a priority.

I think that where Ron Paul wants to take us is GREAT.

I think that to get there is a bumpy road to get there, and can't it happen quickly without major repercussions such as violent revolution by the people who will suddenly lose all the benefits they've been getting off of the government. Radical change to the way our monetary system works in a short time, or "fixing it" as you said, would be painful and probably unsuccessful.

I think it would be good to put someone in the White House that will start with the basics, like reducing spending. I know Mitt Romney can do that; he has the business experience that proves it. You want to attack Romney's "successful business practices" because his businesses could not support jobs that were consequently eliminated, yet you want Ron Paul because he will radically cut entitlement programs?

It would obviously be a great feat to completely overhaul our monetary system, and as you pointed it out, it is basically a disaster. I do not think it's realistic to think that anyone can actually untangle this mess in a way without catastrophic consequences.

I agree with almost everything Ron Paul stands for except his foreign policy. It's been argued on here ad nauseum. Apart from that...he's a great guy with great morals and great ideas.

Basically, at the end of the day, I think that Ron Paul is too far from what mainstream Americans are looking for in a solution, and I want to get behind a contender against Obama that can win.

• Upvote 1

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything...Don't vote for Ron Paul and don't vote for Mitt Romney just because you're told too... I just want people to research, once you find out the truth, the options and reality is much clearer.

This is reality, and tells you everything about our monetary system:

http://www.barefootsworld.net/usfraud.html

The Federal Reserve is the one thing that should unite us all, since it's the head of the snake... it's a private bank with no oversight and a printing press...whoever owns it has the power of god(Rockefellers, Rothschilds, Warburgs) and others.. they are responsible for every crisis because they manufacture the crisis, and then buy up everything for pennies on the dollar, therefore taking away other people's power and consolidating theirs. If Romney said he would end the fed, he'd have my vote tomorrow, but unfortunately he has no intentions of even acknowledging questions asked about the Fed, and that tells me everything I need to know about that man.

Well, Im glad to see the Congress is getting serious about it.

There shouldn't be anything else being worked on at this time.

If they're seriously talking about it as they seem to be, we'll

see legislation.

There's no sense in doing that until Conservatives control

both the House & Senate, after Jan 2013.

What Im sure of, is the Keynesian spending is going to end.

I know plenty about how money works.

I know how to balance a budget.

I know how to run a successful profitable business.

I know how to get the job done within the budget.

I want someone leading our government who actually knows how to do all that, and who sees that as a priority.

I think that where Ron Paul wants to take us is GREAT.

I think that to get there is a bumpy road to get there, and can't it happen quickly without major repercussions such as violent revolution by the people who will suddenly lose all the benefits they've been getting off of the government. Radical change to the way our monetary system works in a short time, or "fixing it" as you said, would be painful and probably unsuccessful.

I think it would be good to put someone in the White House that will start with the basics, like reducing spending. I know Mitt Romney can do that; he has the business experience that proves it. You want to attack Romney's "successful business practices" because his businesses could not support jobs that were consequently eliminated, yet you want Ron Paul because he will radically cut entitlement programs?

It would obviously be a great feat to completely overhaul our monetary system, and as you pointed it out, it is basically a disaster. I do not think it's realistic to think that anyone can actually untangle this mess in a way without catastrophic consequences.

I agree with almost everything Ron Paul stands for except his foreign policy. It's been argued on here ad nauseum. Apart from that...he's a great guy with great morals and great ideas.

Basically, at the end of the day, I think that Ron Paul is too far from what mainstream Americans are looking for in a solution, and I want to get behind a contender against Obama that can win.

I don't jump on the bandwagon...I vote with my conscious, even if he loses, I know I did the right thing...I don't need to be a republican or democrat to understand both parties are owned by George Soros, I vote based on the candidate and his platform.

Well, Im glad to see the Congress is getting serious about it.

There shouldn't be anything else being worked on at this time.

If they're seriously talking about it as they seem to be, we'll

see legislation.

There's no sense in doing that until Conservatives control

both the House & Senate, after Jan 2013.

What Im sure of, is the Keynesian spending is going to end.

Obama has made sure that Congress is quite impotent...and unless we have the balance of power restored to our form of government, it won't matter what we do to fix our monetary system.

Our first priority has to be to get the great man who would be king out of office before he turns us into a dictatorship, just in case it's not too late and our votes really do count.

I have a terrible feeling that part of Obama's arrogance comes from his plan to not have elections this year...he acts like the elections are just a gnat flying around his head that must be swatted at occasionally.

This is really a must-read.

I don't jump on the bandwagon...I vote with my conscious, even if he loses, I know I did the right thing...I don't need to be a republican or democrat to understand both parties are owned by George Soros, I vote based on the candidate and his platform.

I guess that's where we differ. I see doing the right thing including pragmatism.

Sometimes you just have to figure out how to work with what you've got.

That's part of being able to budget successfully. :D

• Upvote 1

Obama has made sure that Congress is quite impotent...and unless we have the balance of power restored to our form of government, it won't matter what we do to fix our monetary system.

Our first priority has to be to get the great man who would be king out of office before he turns us into a dictatorship, just in case it's not too late and our votes really do count.

I have a terrible feeling that part of Obama's arrogance comes from his plan to not have elections this year...he acts like the elections are just a gnat flying around his head that must be swatted at occasionally.

This is really a must-read.

I guess that's where we differ. I see doing the right thing including pragmatism.

Sometimes you just have to figure out how to work with what you've got.

That's part of being able to budget successfully. :D

Show me where in Romney's platform says anything about having a balanced budget...you can't... but I'll show you when Ron would have a balanced budget and his 5 year plan.

Ron Paul supporters don't mean to be confrontational...we're honestly just terrified of the consequences, we don't have another 4 years to clean this up, it has to be now, or never.

It does have to be now or never.

If we end up with Obama because of a split vote...that will be the most disastrous thing of all.

Show me where in Romney's platform says anything about having a balanced budget...you can't... but I'll show you when Ron would have a balanced budget and his 5 year plan.

I don't need to. That's just how he does business.

• Upvote 1

It does have to be now or never.

If we end up with Obama because of a split vote...that will be the most disastrous thing of all.

I don't need to. That's just how he does business.

So business as usual... where's the change?

You're never going to understand...Ron Paul supporters will not vote for anyone else, there is no compromise, you don't negotiate with our future...the chips will fall where they may, but I guarantee you we are principled people who cannot be swayed, unfortunately you don't understand why we can't be swayed...only when you do your due diligence will you see.

So business as usual... where's the change?

You're never going to understand...Ron Paul supporters will not vote for anyone else, there is no compromise, you don't negotiate with our future...the chips will fall where they may, but I guarantee you we are principled people who cannot be swayed, unfortunately you don't understand why we can't be swayed...only when you do your due diligence will you see.

I just don't see a lot of value in standing alone against a tidal wave. I see the unswayable position as futility leading to failure.

I see value in standing for what you believe while working with what you've got.

I've done my due diligence. I understand the big picture. The choices are grim.

I have to try to do what I can, not try to do what I cannot.

That doesn't make me unprincipled. It makes me realistic.

• Upvote 1