Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ron Paul ending his campaign

DinarMillionaire

Ron Paul all but ends presidential campaign, continues delegate strategy

By Rachel Rose Hartman | The Ticket – 33 mins ago

Email

Print

Paul (Ben Margot/AP)

Ron Paul announced Monday that his campaign will no longer spend money on presidential nominating contests due to lack of funds, effectively ending his campaign for the Republican nomination.

Paul wrote the following in an open letter to supporters:

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future. Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.

Paul, the only Republican presidential candidate actively campaigning against frontrunner Mitt Romney, encouraged his supporters to continue their efforts in the presidential race as well as downballot races across the country and stressed that he will continue working to win delegates.

"In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned," Paul wrote.

Two weeks ago, Paul and his supporters cheered the candidate's delegate wins in Maine and Nevada, but as Yahoo News reported, those wins didn't necessarily move Paul any closer to winning his party's nomination.

Paul has long touted a strategy to rack up delegates as a way to become a part of this summer's convention process, absent an outright win.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-ends-presidential-campaign-continues-delegate-strategy-183243109.html

• Upvote 1

Ron Paul says he doesn't have the funds to continue to campaign for President. Just out on FOX news. No links yet.

You beat me to it by one minute.....You must be watching the same news as me :D

I have an article in mine though......lol ;)

Fox news...of course they would spin it this way...he said he would stop campaigning in the primary states since it would cost tens of millions of dollars... he's never gone after the states with primaries, he's all about the caucuses... he's not dropping out of the race...his delegates will continue to win spots, and we will see his ideas have major ramifications at the RNC convention.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I may have misquoted FOX in the Headline...

Here is Paul's email:

“As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul.”

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Email

Print

Paul (Ben Margot/AP)

Ron Paul announced Monday that his campaign will no longer spend money on presidential nominating contests due to lack of funds, effectively ending his campaign for the Republican nomination.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future. Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.

Paul, the only Republican presidential candidate actively campaigning against frontrunner Mitt Romney, encouraged his supporters to continue their efforts in the presidential race as well as downballot races across the country and stressed that he will continue working to win delegates.

"In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned," Paul wrote.

Two weeks ago, Paul and his supporters cheered the candidate's delegate wins in Maine and Nevada, but as Yahoo News reported, those wins didn't necessarily move Paul any closer to winning his party's nomination.

Paul has long touted a strategy to rack up delegates as a way to become a part of this summer's convention process, absent an outright win.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-ends-presidential-campaign-continues-delegate-strategy-183243109.html

A Class Act

Email

Print

Paul (Ben Margot/AP)

A Class Act

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fox news...of course they would spin it this way...he said he would stop campaigning in the primary states since it would cost tens of millions of dollars... he's never gone after the states with primaries, he's all about the caucuses... he's not dropping out of the race...his delegates will continue to win spots, and we will see his ideas have major ramifications at the RNC convention.

Hugh, he has suspended his campaign can't we leave it at that.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-ron-paul-effectively-ending-presidential-campaign-20120514,0,5865484.story

Ron Paul, Mitt Romney’s lone remaining rival for the Republican presidential nomination, announced Monday that he would stop spending money on the party’s 11 remaining primaries, in effect suspending his campaign.

The libertarian Texas congressman told supporters in an email that he would continue to accumulate delegates to the Republican National Convention in August in Tampa, Fla.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted,” he wrote. “Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.”

Apart from President Obama and Romney, Paul has raised more money than any other White House contender this year – more than $36 million. His calls for strict adherence to the Constitution and his no-nonsense manner have spawned a vocal and well organized group of followers, but not enough to give him a realistic shot at the presidency.

Having won 104 out of the 1,144 delegates needed to capture the Republican nomination, Paul is in fourth place and has no chance of overtaking Romney, who has 966, according to the latest Associated Press tally. Rick Santorum is in second with 264, followed by Newt Gingrich, who has 130.

Paul’s success at winning delegates at state party conventions could push him ahead of Gingrich by the time the national convention takes place. The more delegates Paul wins, the more influence he can wield at the national gathering.

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process,” Paul said in his email.

The general-election contest effectively began after Romney beat Santorum in the Wisconsin primary on April 3. Both Santorum and Gingrich have dropped out of the race.

“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible,” Paul told supporters in the email. “But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.”

Romney is likely to win enough delegates to formally capture the nomination later this month. Primaries take place on Tuesday in Nebraska and Oregon, a week later in Arkansas and Kentucky, and on May 29 in Texas. In June, the final primaries will occur in California, New Jersey, Montana, New Mexico, South Dakota and Utah.

• Upvote 2

Hey TP, Im hoping Ron will eventually be the true

Patriot, and backs Romney & the Republicans......Maybe

even be part of the cabinet

We can eliminate O'blah easily, if we all get on the same page :D

• Upvote 2

Dear 40oz,

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

RPsig.jpg Edited by 40oz
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey TP, Im hoping Ron will eventually be the true

Patriot, and backs Romney & the Republicans......Maybe

even be part of the cabinet

We can eliminate O'blah easily, if we all get on the same page :D

Cris i do feel the same way but i don't think the Paulers are going to fall in line. My prediction is a total mess at the convention. America is going to say WTH is this product they are trying to sell us. And you know the rest of the story. I figured after Dr Paul suspended his campaign, LD, 40, ScrumD and the Rest of the Paulers would be on here debunking the story. But i think they are waiting for directions on how to address this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What a wonderful strategy, just at the right time too. this will bring the undecided voters flocking to the Ron Paul camp

to see what he's all about and what his story is...............curiosity...... cast your votes

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What a wonderful strategy, just at the right time too. this will bring the undecided voters flocking to the Ron Paul camp

to see what he's all about and what his story is...............curiosity...... cast your votes

Cast your vote he is not campaigning. strategy well since he is not campaiging and any delegates you guys try and swipe are not delegates won. So effectively stealing elections. So those voted, their liberties have been stolen as well. Thanks Mongo for clearing that up.

Cast your vote he is not campaigning. strategy well since he is not campaiging and any delegates you guys try and swipe are not delegates won. So effectively stealing elections. So those voted, their liberties have been stolen as well. Thanks Mongo for clearing that up.

Now Roy............... calm down

RP is still in the race

Like you said, it's late in Iraq and you should get some rest. Do you know what campaigning means?

Like you said, it's late in Iraq and you should get some rest. Do you know what campaigning means?

Stop whining sir, seems like the wind blew right out of your sails Active campaining which means more attempted take over of the delegate selection process and not running in the race and still claim delegates i call that wrong and unamerican.

Stop whining sir, seems like the wind blew right out of your sails Active campaining which means more attempted take over of the delegate selection process and not running in the race and still claim delegates i call that wrong and unamerican.

So is buying votes and busing people in from other states

• Upvote 3

A Class Act

A Class Act

I hope you have said that about the other candidates who bowed out earlier for the benefit of the country when it became obvious that the majority of voters available did not support them. RP has some very valid points, but I believe he stayed in too long and perhaps became a detriment to his positions. He lost the majority of my respect when he continued to stroke his ego by staying in the race unnecessarily and taking funds and time away from the Republican party that could be directed towards helping the country as a unified front, rather than having the majority of observers seeing RP as a side-show or distraction.  I do hope (and believe) attention will be given to some of his positions. Like it or not, unless you like O's positions, plans, and goals the country (and arguably the planet) will be better served by Romney. Those of us who remember voting for Anderson, Perot, etc. found that our disgust with the other two major candidates was even more disappointing when the vote was split and the worse of the two evils one. Unfortunately a vote for anyone but Romney (or no vote) may effectively turn out to be a vote for O, and I imagine that if you are a RP supporter you are not a fan of O. - IMHO

• Upvote 3

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

If Ron Paul really believes that statement then when all is said and done he will encourage his followers to rally around Romney even if that's not their first choice. Because nothing can be worse then another 4 years of Obama.

• Upvote 1