Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Economist reveal four solutions to raise the price of the dinar against the dollar

yota691

Economist reveal four solutions to raise the price of the dinar against the dollar

Date: Sunday, 13-05-2012 02: 14 pm

Baghdad (newsletter) ...Detect Economist Salim Al-Bayati, of the intention of the Government to take new measures within the next two months will be to raise the price of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar, noting that the absence of oil policy were the most important factors of the high price of the u.s. dollar.

He said Al-Bayati (News Agency news) on Sunday: that the Government will take four steps to raise the price of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar, the Central Bank will open great auctions, add to control banking companies and shops with multiple ways of undisclosed Al-Bayati.

He added: it will be setting conditions for the import operation to lift the dinar, the State will also re-examine the oil policy and revenue.

Noted: the absence of oil was one of the most important political factors the low exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar.

This saw the exchange rate stability over the past few days against the US dollar by about (1227), after it arrived (1300).

The Economist said: the adoption of Government oil revenues, the Central Bank's revenues in equilibrium and stability of exchange rate when a number is one of the reasons for the increased demand for the dollar, as well as Ziad demand for import operations that contribute to increasing demand on the dollar, plus currency smuggling./finished/21. n. Eng.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://www.ikhnews.com/news.php%3Faction%3Dview%26id%3D41953

• Upvote 5

More Talk and B/S, Here we go with more steps. These Fricking idiots are totally un real. Now in Two Months LOL What happen to Days, Coming days , Near future, Un Fricking believable they are. They talk to hear them selfs talk. :angry:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

So, what you, as an economist, is saying is that the GoI needs to pass the HCL, among other laws, so you can do your job? Yet, by the time given in the article, it's expected to take ANOTHER TWO MONTHS? Hmmm... Either this guy is actually giving a time line (Irronically two months puts us into July, which is a month past the scheduled UN meeting in June and while the Tarrif Laws are EXPECTED to go into effect arround the same time) OR he is attempting to pre-empt a 'run on the bank' scenario which is precisely what Shabbs and the CBI wanted to avoid. Is it me or is it getting really smokey in here??? :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Just read an article in the local newspaper that Iraq's lawmakers have left town for a six week vacation without following through on pledges to cancel a pricey perk for free armored vehicles they approved for themselves in the annual budget, etc, etc. it was written by Lara Jakes of the Associated Press ...

More Talk and B/S, Here we go with more steps. These Fricking idiots are totally un real. Now in Two Months LOL What happen to Days, Coming days , Near future, Un Fricking believable they are. They talk to hear them selfs talk. :angry:

Yea Biker, these people are the biggest morons in the universe and probably further out than that. A friend told me that the GoI consists of a bunch of goat herders and frauds that faked their own credentials just to be there a collect a pay check to do nothing. IMHO, the whole GoI needs to be scrapped and start from square one.

Some day. JCAV

Edited by jcav
  • Upvote 1

the Central Bank will open great auctions, add to control banking companies and shops with multiple ways of undisclosed Al-Bayati.

Now if they can just figure out those multiple ways of undisclosed Al-Bayati, we can all have an RV!

Yea Biker, these people are the biggest morons in the universe and probably further out than that. A friend told me that the GoI consists of a bunch of goat herders and frauds that faked their own credentials just to be there a collect a pay check to do nothing. IMHO, the whole GoI needs to be scrapped and start from square one.

Some day. JCAV

Hmmm... Sounds like another government I know of.

• Upvote 1

ok, knowing I am not very Iraq smart but does this article indicate anything to say that the dinar will be revalued?

Not IMO. Not an RV, but to raise the value in Iraq against the Dollar. To get it back up to the exchange rate posted on the CBI (in Iraq).:P

• Upvote 1

So, what you, as an economist, is saying is that the GoI needs to pass the HCL, among other laws, so you can do your job? Yet, by the time given in the article, it's expected to take ANOTHER TWO MONTHS? Hmmm... Either this guy is actually giving a time line (Irronically two months puts us into July, which is a month past the scheduled UN meeting in June and while the Tarrif Laws are EXPECTED to go into effect arround the same time) OR he is attempting to pre-empt a 'run on the bank' scenario which is precisely what Shabbs and the CBI wanted to avoid. Is it me or is it getting really smokey in here??? :unsure:

I would imagine that the run on the bank fears is people desiring dollars. This type of talk would mean people desiring dinars over dollars. Demand for dinars is always a good thing....

But a high external demand for dinars externally will likely lead to a dumping of dinars externally to the CBI based upon large rate changes. So, basically more IQD within country = good. But how do you maintain a high demand externally after a revalue? That is a hard debate, as the policies currently do not support that.

Anytime I read that they desire to raise the exchange rate against the dollar, I view it as a good thing though. It means they're trying to get the ball rolling in our favor.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't anyone think it's a bit odd that a currency that is surely to RV at 100,000% or more any day now... that it continues to sink in value.

can u provide a link from your statement!! let me guess u sound like Tim!!

• Upvote 2

Doesn't anyone think it's a bit odd that a currency that is surely to RV at 100,000% or more any day now... that it continues to sink in value.

The fact it is sinking, is good for us imo. They thought the dinar would go back to normal, but it has not happened, so they may have to do a manual lift so to speak. If they want the dinar to move against the dollar, they need to make the dinar more inviting. However it has occurred to me, CBI could be pulling the dinar in at a much lower price, which only benefits them. So this could be a means to an end for them. Buy low, sell high. Just a thought.

• Upvote 1