Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

*** marriage

Heavyduty053

BIG HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

:wub::wub::wave::wave::hug::hug:

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees baaaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkk. Dinar world beware :)

You know what bugs me? I don't claim to be religious. I believe in a higher power, but have not yet figured out what that is yet. What really bugs me is how people who MIGHT be interested in learning about different faiths are taught about fear. Not the faith itself. Not about "God's love" but rather his wrath. Believe this or burn for eternity! Why would I want to learn about that?

Religion has sent more people to hell that I could ever count. There are many religions in the world, don't count on them to get you to heaven. There is only ONE GOD, a personal relationship with GOD will get you to heaven, join his family,repent(to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life)

and have your name written in the Book of Life:)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Religion has sent more people to hell that I could ever count. There are many religions in the world, don't count on them to get you to heaven. There is only ONE GOD, a personal relationship with GOD will get you to heaven, join his family,repent(to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life)

and have your name written in the Book of Life:)

What telling lost souls will do is get you neged, sorry but I am all out of pluses for today will get

to it tomorrow. People there is a line being drawn in the sand which side are you on. The truly sad

part is that if you simply ask God what is truth with a sincere heart he will show you. But alas most

people are too scared to do so, as they think it will be the end of a fun life. When in reality life with

Jesus will set you free and lead to more pleasure than you have ever known.

Just ask him people, just ask I DARE YOU.

• Upvote 1

Off the Grid . . . God did NOT make them that way! The Bible says that they make a choice . . . we, as Christians see everyone as a soul . . . not just flesh. Lots of times, it is generational . . . but God can deliver us from anything generational! Maybe you can understand that we are concerned about the curses being brought on our nation. The Bible teaches that these 4 things will bring a curse on a person, a family, a nation:

Idolatry

Breaking of Covenants

Shedding Innocent Blood

Sexual Sins

We all are sinners but God forgives us, IF we repent . . . we all stumble but we do not have to fall! It does not have to become a lifestyle! I am speaking of ANY of the above. We need to keep a close account with God . . . repent when we mess up . . . just like King David. He made a lot of mistakes . . . serious ones . . . but he kept a close account with God . . . the Bible says that he was a, "man after God's own heart."

Thank you, Heavy Duty for being a Mighty Warrior and standing up for what you believe in!!! God Bless You!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Pelosi & Reid are working on a federal law that will over ride anti *** marriage laws like the one recently passed in NC. The ACLU & AG Eric Holder may take NC to the Supreme Court.

*** marriage can soon become the law of the land in all 50 states. Jobs & the economy takes a back seat as gays become the #1 issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Off the Grid . . . God did NOT make them that way! The Bible says that they make a choice . . . we, as Christians see everyone as a soul . . . not just flesh. Lots of times, it is generational . . . but God can deliver us from anything generational! Maybe you can understand that we are concerned about the curses being brought on our nation. The Bible teaches that these 4 things will bring a curse on a person, a family, a nation:

Idolatry

Breaking of Covenants

Shedding Innocent Blood

Sexual Sins

We all are sinners but God forgives us, IF we repent . . . we all stumble but we do not have to fall! It does not have to become a lifestyle! I am speaking of ANY of the above. We need to keep a close account with God . . . repent when we mess up . . . just like King David. He made a lot of mistakes . . . serious ones . . . but he kept a close account with God . . . the Bible says that he was a, "man after God's own heart."

Thank you, Heavy Duty for being a Mighty Warrior and standing up for what you believe in!!! God Bless You!

Both you and Heavy lift me up when I see this kind of post. As a man like David I sometimes find myself

on the front all alone. At least that's what it fells like sometimes. I pray that as Christians our sins will not eclipse

our good's. And yes it is our nation that will suffer most for this kind of sin. We are already seeing the effects

of it today. No nation in the history of the world having turned it's back totally on God has ever survived as a

superpower.

You know what bugs me? I don't claim to be religious. I believe in a higher power, but have not yet figured out what that is yet. What really bugs me is how people who MIGHT be interested in learning about different faiths are taught about fear. Not the faith itself. Not about "God's love" but rather his wrath. Believe this or burn for eternity! Why would I want to learn about that?

Read more:

Have you listened to Joel Osteen lately?[/size

http://www.joelosteen.com/Pages/Index.aspx

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

dhardage . . . it is really NOT like that! Once you are awakened to HIS LOVE . . . you are forever changed! You no longer walk in fear . . . everyone is given a choice! The Bible says that the light appears to ALL men! He is HOLY and cannot not look on sinful man . . . that is why HE sent JESUS . . . who paid the price . . . IN FULL! Now, when HE looks at us, He sees His Son! His beauty is undescribable . . . why don't you ask Him to reveal Himself to you . . . then you will know that you know that you know? What have you got to loose? But for us, who know Him . . . He is Glorious!!!

You are obviously, searching . . . that is good! How can it hurt to ask? The difference between we Christians and other religions is:

We serve a LIVING God

HE meets us where we are . . . even in the gutter . . . HE comes to us . . . we do not have to WORK our way to receive . . . it is a gift

HE is the Alpha and the Omega . . . HE is eternity past as well as eternity future

HE gives us a way out . . . if we repent, we are forgiven

God will get justice one way or the other . . . we can go to The Cross and repent and the price has been paid or

his judgment comes . . . it is that simple! HE is a JUST God and His justice will come.

• Upvote 3

Obummer give illegals the right not to have id's so they will vote for him . He supports same sex marriage , evolving as he puts it , so they will vote for him , all about politics ! Geeze if dogs or donkeys could vote I suppose he would allow them to marry too ! Anything for a vote . What a Phoney . Evolving , bull s. t !

U hit the nail on the head . No pun intended .

He didn't need to say a word to get the *** vote........he did this to agitate the right wing......I guess before he said anything the republicans expected this voting block........let me ask this is it right for a woman to marry a murderer, rapist, pedophile just because he is a man........I'll give you what the law is YES.........boy what a system.......another good one..I think about more than half marriages end in divorce.....why don't right wingers let the gays in on the misery of marriage......

Well Obama just endorsed *** marriage, he said that they should have the same right to get married as a man and a woman. He is the first US president to do so in history. The morals of this country is slowly going to the dogs. This man is pulling out all stops to get people to vote for him this coming election. How much more do you need to vote this man out. He is destroying the very fabric of this country. I know some will heckle me about and that is fine, i don't agree with *** marriage, it is not natural and it sure will be dealth with severely by God. This country is going the way of ruin and he is letting it happen because of our ignorant ways. God help us.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Why not weigh in here? Okay, I start from the very beginning with I am a young, educated, partnered, white, hard working, business owning, successful, Christian, Republican *** man. I am pleased with the announcement of support for equality, but it is so very evident that this was nothing more than a political move to try and secure a second term. 3.5 years ago, President Obama declared the same thing that pretty much everyone else did who was running for office ... that his "faith" could not support *** marriage and that he felt marriage was between a man and a woman, but he believed that *** people deserved all other equal rights. His "hope and change" mantra got him overwhelmingly elected. Jump ahead 3.5 years and he has no where near the base that he used to have and he is desperately trying to find a group and a cause to push him through to another term. Personaly I believe this *** marriage is inevitable within the next ten years despite who is elected. Times are changing. More and more people on either side of the fence are becoming more moderate leaning. It is also a generational thing. Most younger people under 40 on both sides are fine with *** people. The only difference would be people with a strong religious conviction. I have no problem with that. People are allowed to believe what they want to believe. In saying that, I am well aware that our country was founded by religious men and women. That said, lets please not forget that in founding a country on religious freedom, they also harshly punished their own people for "not attending church", " speaking out of turn", etc. In starting a new colony in the name of religious freedon they too pursecuted in the name of their faith. I am as red/white/blue as they come and I deeply love this country, but it must be understood that you can be a good American without being a good Christian. You have rights in this country because you are an American and not because you are Christian. I think people forget that. *** people are not your enemy .... we fix your cars, sell you your homes, fly your planes, defend your country, etc. You have *** people in your family and in your group of friends even if you don't know it. Please always remember that your bigotry may be keeping someone you love in a horrible closet of fear. If my Christian upbringing is correct, I learned not to judge lest I be judged, I learned to pull the plank out of my own eye before I go after a speck in someone elses, i have learned how hard it is for a religious man to get into Heaven (eye of a needle), i learned that you are to love thy neighbor, I have leanred to give of yourself and to welcome outsiders, I have learned to love as Christ loved. Too many Christians are caught up in the wrath and anger of God .. the god of the Old Covenant and not the God of the New Covenenant .. the God of love. People condemn *** people and say they can not marry, but if I am correct the Bible says that you can only divorce in the case of adultry. I really wonder how many of you who condemn *** marriage in the name of God and the Bible meet that criteria of the Holy Scripture. I know COUNTLESS Christian people and ministers who have remaried out of convenience/boredom/etc. Also, really get to know the whole story of Sodomm and Gomorah .. the whole story. You might be suprised of what you learn if you study for yourself and do not blindly follow religious propoganda. The long and the short of it is for me ..... all Americans are to have the same rights. You do not have to be Christian to be a good American and worthy of said rights. Get to know the *** people in your circle. You may be pleasantly suprised. Deal with your own issues and faults and religious hypocrisy before you throw judgement on others to try and feel good or cover up your own shortcomings, be it as a family man or a righteous man.

• Upvote 4

I would like you to put to the side ... Joint Taxes.. Health care.. etc etc.... Those are just a few of many that ( hetero ) married people are enititled to....but *** couples are not ....

This is a true story.....

How would you like to be told ... By A NURSE AND OR DOCTOR..... " SORRY YOUR NOT FAMILY" .... your not allowed in the ER.... you have to wait in the visitors waiting room...... OR how about this one...... while you are waiting because your not considered family OR LEGALLY MARRIED..... and nurse comes out to say;... sorry about your FRIEND !!! but they died....FRIEND ??? 20 YEAR committed relationship and your just a friend?? ...

so while some of you judge... how would you like it if your wife or husband was in the ER ... and they told you ... 'YOUR not allowed to hold thier hand... your not allowed to sit by thier side... YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO say .. MAYBE FOR THE LAST TIME I LOVE YOU !!... all because you are not protected by law....

just want equal rights under the law.. to be able to protect my family as you protect yours.

GOD BLESS ...

That actually can be completely rectified by a medical power of attorney for informational purposes, or a durable POA.

I would vote for BrokeNoMore for president 2012 with Tandy or RedRock as VP....... just saying...

I have to say...this is truly a first! :lol:

I have to say...this is truly a first! :lol:

You're thinking about it aren't ya....lol!! All joking aside I 110% agreed with everything you said in this thread... you said it in a very UNoffensive way, that is hard to do with a subject like this...

Just want to give kudos to both sides for describing their beliefs and opinions on this obviously controversial subject without having a total meltdown (ok, there were a few exceptions). I have had several friends over the years I had major religious and political differences with, but we liked each other as people and enjoyed the occasional debate, but generally just agreed to disagree.

This discussion has made it clear to me that there are those who do not distinguish between the doctrines of their faith and their own decision making process, or perhaps accept the doctrine as theirs to the point the two are indistinguishable. However, I still feel that this only happens when the doctrine supports what they already "knew" to be the "Truth". This is human nature, and to be expected.

Clearly many people focus on gayness as being "unnatural" since this kind of pairing does not propagate the species, and that is enough. Doubtless trying to imagine doing the "unspeakable" is so repugnant it must be a terrible sin. Kind of like abortion, if you really believe something is a crime against God, you will feel compelled to stop it from happening, rather then adopting a "let's disagree" position.

I'm not saying it is an appropriate position in a democracy (separation of Church and State again), but I do understand it.

I don't think I have anything else to add. I think this has been a good thread for making the two sides of a powerful issue a bit clearer.

Peace and Prosperity for all of us.

• Upvote 2

the root of the issue is God in or God out ...you can't change God ....he meant what he said an that's it...

if you cut out fornication, it would take care of *** marriage an abortion...like I said God in or God out ...Yes God loves us so much he leaves the decision up to you

those that have ears to hear...let them hear

Edavis

• Upvote 2

Umbertino . . . I don't think any of us here need them spelled out for us. However, anyone that does can Google, "Scriptures +sexual sins" and they will appear. Also, in regard to your previous post, not saying to treat them badly or not love them! Jesus said by your LOVE they will know that you are my disciple!

Great answer, edavis!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

The well timed approval of G A Y Marriage by the POTUS, and the personal attack of Mitt Romney for bullying a G A Y student in school in 1964,

should definitely get O more votes........

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/***-marriage-and-bullying-two-unnecessary-campaign-distractions/2012/05/11/gIQA7EB0IU_story.html

while all the Liberals are mad at NC, this will be a perfect time for POTUS to ramp up Re-Election support......

• Upvote 1

Umbertino . . . I don't think any of us here need them spelled out for us. However, anyone that does can Google, "Scriptures +sexual sins" and they will appear. Also, in regard to your previous post, not saying to treat them badly or not love them! Jesus said by your LOVE they will know that you are my disciple!

Great answer, edavis!!!

Just to let you know I was not the one negging you...

I do not neg anybody as my personal rule... Best.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Why not weigh in here? Okay, I start from the very beginning with I am a young, educated, partnered, white, hard working, business owning, successful, Christian, Republican *** man. I am pleased with the announcement of support for equality, but it is so very evident that this was nothing more than a political move to try and secure a second term. 3.5 years ago, President Obama declared the same thing that pretty much everyone else did who was running for office ... that his "faith" could not support *** marriage and that he felt marriage was between a man and a woman, but he believed that *** people deserved all other equal rights. His "hope and change" mantra got him overwhelmingly elected. Jump ahead 3.5 years and he has no where near the base that he used to have and he is desperately trying to find a group and a cause to push him through to another term. Personaly I believe this *** marriage is inevitable within the next ten years despite who is elected. Times are changing. More and more people on either side of the fence are becoming more moderate leaning. It is also a generational thing. Most younger people under 40 on both sides are fine with *** people. The only difference would be people with a strong religious conviction. I have no problem with that. People are allowed to believe what they want to believe. In saying that, I am well aware that our country was founded by religious men and women. That said, lets please not forget that in founding a country on religious freedom, they also harshly punished their own people for "not attending church", " speaking out of turn", etc. In starting a new colony in the name of religious freedon they too pursecuted in the name of their faith. I am as red/white/blue as they come and I deeply love this country, but it must be understood that you can be a good American without being a good Christian. You have rights in this country because you are an American and not because you are Christian. I think people forget that. *** people are not your enemy .... we fix your cars, sell you your homes, fly your planes, defend your country, etc. You have *** people in your family and in your group of friends even if you don't know it. Please always remember that your bigotry may be keeping someone you love in a horrible closet of fear. If my Christian upbringing is correct, I learned not to judge lest I be judged, I learned to pull the plank out of my own eye before I go after a speck in someone elses, i have learned how hard it is for a religious man to get into Heaven (eye of a needle), i learned that you are to love thy neighbor, I have leanred to give of yourself and to welcome outsiders, I have learned to love as Christ loved. Too many Christians are caught up in the wrath and anger of God .. the god of the Old Covenant and not the God of the New Covenenant .. the God of love. People condemn *** people and say they can not marry, but if I am correct the Bible says that you can only divorce in the case of adultry. I really wonder how many of you who condemn *** marriage in the name of God and the Bible meet that criteria of the Holy Scripture. I know COUNTLESS Christian people and ministers who have remaried out of convenience/boredom/etc. Also, really get to know the whole story of Sodomm and Gomorah .. the whole story. You might be suprised of what you learn if you study for yourself and do not blindly follow religious propoganda. The long and the short of it is for me ..... all Americans are to have the same rights. You do not have to be Christian to be a good American and worthy of said rights. Get to know the *** people in your circle. You may be pleasantly suprised. Deal with your own issues and faults and religious hypocrisy before you throw judgement on others to try and feel good or cover up your own shortcomings, be it as a family man or a righteous man.

I'm sorry, but you can't serve two masters, you can't profess to be christian and lead a G*A*Y lifestyle without foresaking the christian ways and GOD

Your comparing apples to oranges, you can be a good American and still go to hell. Christians don't hate the people that are homo's, they hate the lifestyle that is sinful in GOD's eyes and will lead to destruction. I see you read into the bible what you want it to say to defend the homosexual lifestyle, it doesn't work that way. Sodom and Gomorrah, the whole story: People of the city turned from GOD(if they ever believed in him) Homosexuality spread like wildfire, and GOD rained down hail and brimstone and destroyed both cities. when GOD created Adam and then Eve, he told them to multiply on the earth and worship him and be a family, not two men or two woman. The judgement for HOMOSEXUALITY comes from GOD not us christians, we just try to warn you to turn from it before it's too late

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'm sorry, but you can't serve two masters, you can't profess to be christian and lead a G*A*Y lifestyle without foresaking the christian ways and GOD

Your comparing apples to oranges, you can be a good American and still go to hell. Christians don't hate the people that are homo's, they hate the lifestyle that is sinful in GOD's eyes and will lead to destruction. I see you read into the bible what you want it to say to defend the homosexual lifestyle, it doesn't work that way. Sodom and Gomorrah, the whole story: People of the city turned from GOD(if they ever believed in him) Homosexuality spread like wildfire, and GOD rained down hail and brimstone and destroyed both cities. when GOD created Adam and then Eve, he told them to multiply on the earth and worship him and be a family, not two men or two woman. The judgement for HOMOSEXUALITY comes from GOD not us christians, we just try to warn you to turn from it before it's too late

Home run again mongo. :D I actually gave it thought about responding to this post but just

couldn't do it. Kudos to you my friend.

Oh and people anyone notice how bad Obama has now fallen in the polls? His current is 46% to Romney's 51%.

Imagine what it would look like if they added Ron Paul into the poll. ;) As I have said homosexuality will

never be accepted as normal and if you choose to support it as a political view you do so at your own pearl.

• Upvote 2