Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Vote on the law of oil and gas after the end of the legislative recess

Vote on the law of oil and gas after the end of the legislative recess

05/08/2012

32925_312602.jpg

BAGHDAD / JD / .. revealed to the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary submitted a draft law of oil and gas in the Iraqi parliament after the end of the legislative term holiday. A member of the Committee and the National Alliance MP Uday al-Awadi's / JD /: B'datalh legislative term he entered the Parliament will be put oil and gas law for its own legislation, to resolve the current crisis between the central government and the region add to the problems of many terminate this law and explained, "The problem is escalating between the central government and the Region Kurdistan's oil back on the lack of clear legislation. " And between a member of the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary deputy for the National Alliance, "The enactment of the oil and gas represents a clear mechanism in the solution depends upon the outstanding problems between the Baghdad government and the region." He was a member of the Energy Committee in the previous parliamentary session Hadi al-Hassani, had said in a press statement that all the current differences on oil and gas law will be resolved in the event of an agreement on legislation that supplements the four of the law, stressing that these supplements will explain how to deal with the producing fields and non-producing and undeveloped and undiscovered . Hassani said the 2007 version of the oil and gas law defined oil-producing provinces and therefore there is no any differences on this issue, as it gave the provinces the right to participate in the Federal Council for Oil and Gas. Observers believe that the enactment of the oil and gas in Iraq would end the differences existing between the central government and the Kurdistan Regional Government and the rest of the Iraqi provinces, as it will represent an investment of vast oil wealth in Iraq with an estimated reserves of about 143 billion barrels. Iraq exports crude oil from the ports of Basra and Khor al-Amaya in the Persian Gulf, as well as the Turkish port of Ceyhan on the Mediterranean, and through the truck by truck to Jordan, and Iraq currently produces about 2.0005 million barrels of crude oil per day, and the proportion of exports from the Basra oil 90% , while the remaining issue of Kirkuk. The cabinet approved the draft law of oil and gas in 2007 but faced a Kurdish protest, and observers believe it represents the differences between Arbil and Baghdad on oil revenue sharing and control of some fields in northern Iraq and the Kurdistan region. It is noteworthy that the Presidency of Parliament rose, the fortieth session to the fourteenth of June, after a majority vote on the new range for the accountability and justice, consisting of seven people, and to postpone the vote on the dismissal of the Mayor of Baghdad Sabir al-Issawi .. / ended / 11 n

http://www.dananernews.com/News_Details.php?ID=608

• Upvote 1

Vote on HCL (oil and gas law) in next legislative term

Posted: May 8, 2012 in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Arbil, Baghdad, Baghdad government, Iraq, Iraqi Kurdistan, kurdistan, Kurdistan Regional government, Persian Gulf

05/08/2012

BAGHDAD / JD / .. revealed to the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary submitted a draft law of oil and gas in the Iraqi parliament after the end of the legislative term holiday.

A member of the Committee and the National Alliance MP Uday al-Awadi’s / JD /: B’datalh legislative term he entered the Parliament will be put oil and gas law for its own legislation, to resolve the current crisis between the central government and the region add to the problems of many terminate this law and explained, “The problem is escalating between the central government and the Region Kurdistan’s oil back on the lack of clear legislation. “

And between a member of the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary deputy for the National Alliance, “The enactment of the oil and gas represents a clear mechanism in the solution depends upon the outstanding problems between the Baghdad government and the region.”

He was a member of the Energy Committee in the previous parliamentary session Hadi al-Hassani, had said in a press statement that all the current differences on oil and gas law will be resolved in the event of an agreement on legislation that supplements the four of the law, stressing that these supplements will explain how to deal with the producing fields and non-producing and undeveloped and undiscovered .

Hassani said the 2007 version of the oil and gas law defined oil-producing provinces and therefore there is no any differences on this issue, as it gave the provinces the right to participate in the Federal Council for Oil and Gas. Observers believe that the enactment of the oil and gas in Iraq would end the differences existing between the central government and the Kurdistan Regional Government and the rest of the Iraqi provinces, as it will represent an investment of vast oil wealth in Iraq with an estimated reserves of about 143 billion barrels.

Iraq exports crude oil from the ports of Basra and Khor al-Amaya in the Persian Gulf, as well as the Turkish port of Ceyhan on the Mediterranean, and through the truck by truck to Jordan, and Iraq currently produces about 2.0005 million barrels of crude oil per day, and the proportion of exports from the Basra oil 90% , while the remaining issue of Kirkuk. The cabinet approved the draft law of oil and gas in 2007 but faced a Kurdish protest, and observers believe it represents the differences between Arbil and Baghdad on oil revenue sharing and control of some fields in northern Iraq and the Kurdistan region.

It is noteworthy that the Presidency of Parliament rose, the fortieth session to the fourteenth of June, after a majority vote on the new range for the accountability and justice, consisting of seven people, and to postpone the vote on the dismissal of the Mayor of Baghdad Sabir al-Issawi .

http://bit.ly/KJRScu

• Upvote 4

Don't despair yet. The MPs are on notice that they can be called back from vacation at any time during the next month, and this bill could be voted on at that time, along with the new bill to prevent proxy seating of ministers, among others. Maliki is worked himself into a box and the lid is about to be dropped.

Look at the bright side and see the possibilities for the next two weeks. Iraq is evolving. Don't forget that, and they do not do things the way we do. Let them work through this budding democracy and let's quit complaining about them. Has it done any good so far? Put your energy into seeing the possibilities and not the roadblocks. You will live longer.

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

I agree a positive attitude helps. Realistically, they've done this same move before with the exact same results... bupkis...

Same shiite, different day.... oh well, I'm going to go to work and enjoy working in the sun! B)

Don't despair yet. The MPs are on notice that they can be called back from vacation at any time during the next month, and this bill could be voted on at that time, along with the new bill to prevent proxy seating of ministers, among others. Maliki is worked himself into a box and the lid is about to be dropped.

Look at the bright side and see the possibilities for the next two weeks. Iraq is evolving. Don't forget that, and they do not do things the way we do. Let them work through this budding democracy and let's quit complaining about them. Has it done any good so far? Put your energy into seeing the possibilities and not the roadblocks. You will live longer.

Yes...but theyve been spinning tires in mud for two years. theyve set themselves and their economy back. hopefully they get some resolve.....because nothings been accomplished since the initial erbil agreement. a lot of other things need to be ironed out before thats done. heck...the pm is about to be removed......no guarantees on anything.

Weve heard this a thousand times before....thats why im still skeptical

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Yes...but theyve been spinning tires in mud for two years. theyve set themselves and their economy back. hopefully they get some resolve.....because nothings been accomplished since the initial erbil agreement. a lot of other things need to be ironed out before thats done. heck...the pm is about to be removed......no guarantees on anything.

Weve heard this a thousand times before....thats why im still skeptical

Okay then. But why are you reading the news if it is always the same? If nothing else, why put your own negativity out for everybody to slop up. Why don't you just save it for another investment. Your comments sound like they come from someone that knows nothing of this investment, the history, the dynamics, or the politics, which is not true in your case.

You make some valid points many times, but then you get screwed up in the ropes with a negative attitude like this. Stick to good old fashioned knowledgeable information. You do much better and people want to read it and comment likewise. You do have a great argument many times.

ps What bothers me is that people are not putting a puzzle together, but looking at one piece of it and reacting. Can you guys not see something happening here that has not taken place before? If not, good luck. If so, you are a lucky person.

Get out of your cubicle and dance on the floor of your building. There are windows too that will take you outside, if you dare. Go for it.

Edited by KamelKeeper
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Iraq is evolving. Don't forget that, and they do not do things the way we do.

I must respectfully disagree, KamelKeeper. The Iraqis have learned from the best at getting nothing done. When was the federal budget passes? 2009? 2010? Guess they do things a lot like their mentors do.

• Upvote 2

I must respectfully disagree, KamelKeeper. The Iraqis have learned from the best at getting nothing done. When was the federal budget passes? 2009? 2010? Guess they do things a lot like their mentors do.

With all due respect, that is one of the lamest scenarios I have witnessed. You have a culture that is the oldest in civilization, and we changed their behavior in a few years? Wow. We had better apply this to weight loss programs and gym memberships. If that is the case, they should have invaded themselfes to get their own oil, spent a few trillion dollars and killed themselves. That really would have been the example. My advice would be not to get your politics get in the way of Iraq's reality, politics, and culture, with all due respect.........

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

With all due respect, that is one of the lamest scenarios I have witnessed.

My advice would be not to get your politics get in the way of Iraq's reality, politics, and culture, with all due respect.........

Don't really want your advice, thanks, and with no due respect do you speak in oxymoron sentences all of the time?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Its one mans opinion out of millions........dont read it.....no one has your eyes glued to my post. honest feedback...thats it...take it or leave it. i dont need a novel on being positive, if i wasnt some what positive....i wouldnt be on here.

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Back to the topic of this thread; Does anyone know when the "next legislative term" is scheduled to begin ?

Thanks, Hotcurl, I too am interested, but don't know. Perhaps google will know...I'll check

I really don't like seeing this infighting! if you disagree with someone that is fine, do you need to tell them you disagree? NO, so stop it just creates tension, and worse yet distracts from the true topic of the thread! people want to discuss the thread not your feelings on the last persons opinion!

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION, PLEASE DO NOT PICK AT OTHERS OPINIONS!

It would be like telling someone their religion is wrong!

GO RV

• Upvote 5

Thanks, eL, now back to the subject.

I did some research and cam up with the following re the next session date.

BREAKING NEWS..Nujeifi adjourns Parliament session till June 14 07/05/2012 17:11:00 Baghdad (NINA) – Parliament Speaker, Osama Al Nujeifi, announced the end of the current legislative term, and decided to adjourn today’s session till June 14, 2012.

I was hoping the last paragraph of the op was not the date, but appears that's it.

http://************.com/

LOL, after all these recesses you should have figured out that there is more done behind the scene than anyone knows. They tend to get a great deal accomplished during the “recesses”. I love it. That means they are all getting their game plan on and meeting outside and getting ready to vote and get’r done. We have seen this scenario over and over. So, we will wait and see. It is what it is boys.

RV come on!!!!biggrin.gif