Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

June Tariffs Law May Be Cancelled

Monday, 07 May / May 2012 21:57

[baghdad - where]

Hold the Iraqi National Business Council on Wednesday a seminar discussion in the presence of economic and government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh.

The symposium will address the customs tariff law which is supposed to do in the next month, June, and also the subject of inspection certificates for imported goods.

Is hosting the seminar director and director of customs in the Central Agency for Standardization and Quality Control and a representative of the Ministry of Commerce and a number of economic experts.

The seminar will be held at six in the evening at the National Business Council in Jadriya near Baghdad University.

And the law of customs tariff No. 22 of 2010 has sparked a sensation about the impact a delicious j impact on the economic situation and it was decided to postpone its implementation for a year and then to once again to the end of next June, voted the House of Representatives on November 24 last on the decision to postpone implementation of the law for the time being and allow the Council of Ministers determine the appropriate time to apply, in accordance with the requirements of the economic situation / End

http://www.alliraqnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=36780:2012-05-07-19-00-25&catid=37:2011-04-08-17-25-57&Itemid=56

Edited by Sweetybird
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dog gone, I was hoping this would not come up. It's in the Gazettes but they could amend it. This is one of the items that would almost tell tale that the RV would happen before the tariffs. Now, they could easily amend and wait till the end of the year. Dang, Maliki is still playing hard ball and wants to discuss Erbil not implement it. So, the beat goes on.

• Upvote 3

Dog gone, I was hoping this would not come up. It's in the Gazettes but they could amend it. This is one of the items that would almost tell tale that the RV would happen before the tariffs. Now, they could easily amend and wait till the end of the year. Dang, Maliki is still playing hard ball and wants to discuss Erbil not implement it. So, the beat goes on.

You make a great point uncirculd, They would have to amend it. Until we see it amended its on! PLUS 1 for you dahlin! :D

Bird, you need to be careful when you replace titles. This is the title of the original article:

"National Business Council held a seminar attended by Skinner to discuss the customs tariff law"

I don't see anything about "cancelled", although there is talk of a postponement from a junior MP on the Economic Committee. Is the patient dead, or just unconscious? Big difference.

These individuals discussing the tariffs are not government MPs or anyone of authority to postpone or cancel the tariffs. They can give advice, but have no authority. If the tariffs are cancelled, I am sure the IMF and WTO would really be interested in that move.

The article talks about the tariff postponement in the past, and it may happen again, but it will never be cancelled. You may want to pass out smelling salts.

Uncirculd, I think you need to reread the article.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

If I remember correctly....articles after the Summit talked about import tariffs being signed with other arab states, & that they agreed to them starting in June. IMO it's not easily postponed...not to mention the respect/dignity issues.

If they postpone the tariffs law is because there not ready for an RV....IMHO

yep pretty much and this is NOT the first time they have postponed it so it makes you wonder does the RV have something to do with implementing the tariffs my guess is yep sure does.

• Upvote 2

Sanders with all due respect the heat has been on.

I doubt we can even begin to know nearly much about wha tthey are holding off for...

Yet, as much as they might have to do, it seems so much less than one year ago.

It is possible they are holding this all at bay until they pull the trigger all at once... We can not know what the WTO is doing and if they have been accepted based on certain criteria.

I have said this before but they are holding some nice playing cards and they can bluff this out only so long. To let their hand down now would be suicide for them. Not holding my breath but anxiously awaiting.

Peace

Edited by imgesing

Bird, you need to be careful when you replace titles. This is the title of the original article:

"National Business Council held a seminar attended by Skinner to discuss the customs tariff law"

I don't see anything about "cancelled", although there is talk of a postponement from a junior MP on the Economic Committee. Is the patient dead, or just unconscious? Big difference.

These individuals discussing the tariffs are not government MPs or anyone of authority to postpone or cancel the tariffs. They can give advice, but have no authority. If the tariffs are cancelled, I am sure the IMF and WTO would really be interested in that move.

The article talks about the tariff postponement in the past, and it may happen again, but it will never be cancelled. You may want to pass out smelling salts.

Uncirculd, I think you need to reread the article.

I did reread. The last paragraph is talking about the law and how they had to put it off a year. It was suppose to have been last june. Now the Gazzettes says June. I am worried that they may amend the law to push the date further. Since they have not RV'd and Maliki is still playing hard ball it seems a bit too much to ask for them to finish it all by June 1. The master of procrastination. He already is fighting the 15 day time limit. So, 2 weeks after that and tariffs hit. Not a good economic decision.

I did reread. The last paragraph is talking about the law and how they had to put it off a year. It was suppose to have been last june. Now the Gazzettes says June. I am worried that they may amend the law to push the date further. Since they have not RV'd and Maliki is still playing hard ball it seems a bit too much to ask for them to finish it all by June 1. The master of procrastination. He already is fighting the 15 day time limit. So, 2 weeks after that and tariffs hit. Not a good economic decision.

My thought is, they would have to meet, Parliament would have to amend.....we know how long it takes them to do anything. Right now....I feel tariffs are a done deal. Parliament also understand what revenue tariffs bring. They like that.

And the law of customs tariff No. 22 of 2010 has sparked a sensation about the impact a delicious j impact on the economic situation

I wonder how delicious it really is......

Deliciososo (I wonder how you spell that). Meaning VERY delicious.

Dinar = Delicious

1 to 1 Dollar = VERY Delicious

• Upvote 1

My thought is, they would have to meet, Parliament would have to amend.....we know how long it takes them to do anything. Right now....I feel tariffs are a done deal. Parliament also understand what revenue tariffs bring. They like that.

Yeah buddy, did you see where Shabibi raised the interest rate to 16%? He's desparatelly trying to buy time. They are ready, and man so are we. Let's go.

Yeah buddy, did you see where Shabibi raised the interest rate to 16%? He's desparatelly trying to buy time. They are ready, and man so are we. Let's go.

I believe that article was questioned as to the date. So it may not have happened. I have not seen anymore articles pertaining to raising the interest rate have you?

I believe that article was questioned as to the date. So it may not have happened. I have not seen anymore articles pertaining to raising the interest rate have you?

No, so that's good sort of. Dang, this is getting real good now. It's funny cause it seems once they put out that 15 day ultimatum it got quiet, except for the ones in denial that just love their name in the news. :lol:

Edited by uncirculd

No, so that's good sort of. Dang, this is getting real good now. It's funny cause it seems once they put out that 15 day ultimatum it got quiet, except for the ones in denial that just love their name in the news. :lol:

Can't blame em....they get an audience to their own show. ;)

The tariffs do not begin June 1st, but June 30th, 2012. Article 11 of the tariffs law states the revised date (read the complete revision at the dv link):

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

THIS IS AN UPDATE AS OF 2/18/2012

Customs tariff law No. (22) for the year 2010 average

Article 11 - This law (the law of customs tariff) as of 30/6/2012

Name of the people

The Presidency Council

Based on what passed the House of Representatives in accordance with the provisions of subsection (I) of Article (61) and the legal period set forth in paragraph (a) of item (V) of Article (138) of the Constitution.

Issued the following law:

No. (22) for the year 2010

Law

Customs tariff

Read more:

If I remember correctly....articles after the Summit talked about import tariffs being signed with other arab states, & that they agreed to them starting in June. IMO it's not easily postponed...not to mention the respect/dignity issues.

True, but I think they lost their dignity and respect at the Summit...

There's conflicting articles out about the Tariffs, some say June 1, others say June 30 to July1.... What's the possibility that they're waiting on Chapter 7 to be lifted and maybe thought it would be lifted early, prior to July? I don't see how they could impose the Tariffs without a RV, but maybe I'm totally off base. What's your thoughts? I respect your insight.

Respect? :lol:

So true, lol... :lol: