Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mr Romney

geman

like him or not it's a great read.

May 2, 2012 4:30 pm Subject: This must have killed snopes.com to publish this truth about Romney!! > > > >Whether you like Romney or not, this story is very revealing. I hope >the Republican Party is still the

party of family values and >character. > >Sometimes, this facet of Romney's personality isn't so subtle. In July >1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert ***, a partner at Bain >Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York >City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught >father had no idea where she was and Romney took immediate action. He >closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to >fly to New York to help find ***'s daughter. Romney set up a command >center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to >assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, >coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex >and called everyone Bain did business with in New York , and asked them >to help find his friend's missing daughter. Romney's accountants at >Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers >at a pharmacy

owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. >Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and >talked with everyone they could, prostitutes, drug addicts, anyone. > >That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of >the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a >teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up >abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a home in New Jersey , where they >found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal >symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl >might not have survived another day. Romney's former partner credits >Mitt Romney with saving his daughter's life, saying, "It was the most >amazing thing, and I'll never forget this to the day I die." > >So, here's my epiphany: Mitt Romney simply can't help himself. He sees >a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it, sometimes

>consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously. He doesn't do it for >self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that's >just how he's wired. > >Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by his >old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to >rescue the firm from bankruptcy, Romney left Bain Capital to work at >Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar. When Romney went >to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary >for three years, and wouldn't use an expense account. He also accepted >no salary as Governor of Massachusetts. > >Character counts! The media and Obama re-election machine will focus >on Romney's wealth and the immorality of it, as they see it, but >Romney is a man who uses his wealth to bless and to make th is world a >better place. Let's get this message out because it is not likely >that the media will do so! > > > > > > > >

Snopes Article

Edited by TexasGranny
added link to article
  • Upvote 7

like him or not it's a great read.

May 2, 2012 4:30 pm Subject: This must have killed snopes.com to publish this truth about Romney!! > > > >Whether you like Romney or not, this story is very revealing. I hope >the Republican Party is still the

party of family values and >character. > >Sometimes, this facet of Romney's personality isn't so subtle. In July >1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert ***, a partner at Bain >Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York >City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught >father had no idea where she was and Romney took immediate action. He >closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to >fly to New York to help find ***'s daughter. Romney set up a command >center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to >assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, >coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex >and called everyone Bain did business with in New York , and asked them >to help find his friend's missing daughter. Romney's accountants at >Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers >at a pharmacy

owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. >Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and >talked with everyone they could, prostitutes, drug addicts, anyone. > >That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of >the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a >teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up >abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a home in New Jersey , where they >found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal >symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl >might not have survived another day. Romney's former partner credits >Mitt Romney with saving his daughter's life, saying, "It was the most >amazing thing, and I'll never forget this to the day I die." > >So, here's my epiphany: Mitt Romney simply can't help himself. He sees >a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it, sometimes

>consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously. He doesn't do it for >self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that's >just how he's wired. > >Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by his >old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to >rescue the firm from bankruptcy, Romney left Bain Capital to work at >Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar. When Romney went >to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary >for three years, and wouldn't use an expense account. He also accepted >no salary as Governor of Massachusetts. > >Character counts! The media and Obama re-election machine will focus >on Romney's wealth and the immorality of it, as they see it, but >Romney is a man who uses his wealth to bless and to make th is world a >better place. Let's get this message out because it is not likely >that the media will do so! > > > > > > > >

Thanks for the story geman.....very uplifting and a side of Mitt I have never heard of. Would you happen to have a link to the story? Thanks :)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the story geman.....very uplifting and a side of Mitt I have never heard of. Would you happen to have a link to the story? Thanks :)

GO RV, then BV

Sorry I don't it was sent to me by a friend. but if snopes published it that my be a good place to start.

Sure he helped his friend... the real question should be, will he help the American PEOPLE. Judging from his past actions the answer has to be... very, very unlikely.

well like the saying goes the lesser of two evils. and we can't handle another 4 years of this one.

this hand out society has got to stop if we are every to be strong again.

• Upvote 1

Sure he helped his friend... the real question should be, will he help the American PEOPLE. Judging from his past actions the answer has to be... very, very unlikely.

Did you even read the entire story before making such a short sighted judgment?

Great article geman! I didn't know those things about him. If you could attribute those actions to anybody, just insert name, we should all admire them for the courage, integrity and depth of character. Is this guy perfect? NO, just ask him, I'm sure that he would tell you the same thing. But in many ways, I would hope that in the same situations that I could be more like Mitt. Like him or not .... it's hard to not respect him.

shBibilicious.I hit neg. by mistake sorry.I'll give ya plus later.

I helped him out

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks gman for not being afraid to post this. Sometimes I feel like we who don't agree with the lefts agend for our country let ourselves be bullied into silence. I know it happens at my work place. But were getting better and LOUDER all the time. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Come on folks wake up (stop drinking the political cool Aid). It does not matter who is in office. It is sad, but today politicians are not about "We the people"; they are about "Me the people"

You may be right but right now this is the best system we have. And you should do everything you can to protect your right to vote. Look around you at other countries that don't have a thing to say about any aspect of their life. Not a pretty picture.

Come on folks wake up (stop drinking the political cool Aid). It does not matter who is in office. It is sad, but today politicians are not about "We the people"; they are about "Me the people"

I would have said you are correct just a few years ago, but thanks to the internet we the people have a louder voice just look what happened in 2010. We just have to jeep on keeping on DEMAND BETTER! and eventually we will get better. ( The time to settle is over )

• Upvote 3