Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I am 140,000 Dinar in the can for this little project, hoping it turns into a magical $420,000 so I can escape this country (Britain) to the US / Vietnam after I graduate (I'm 22).

I also want to learn a little more about money, as what is taught in business schools (I study Marketing at University) is extremely limited and at times...it just felt really bias / wrong (Keynesian economics is the only type taught). I want to know more because I have some business goals I need to achieve and need to know a lot more about money.

I actually visited Vietnam in 2008 and 2010 for some charity stuff but only have 1,000 VND in cash and I am kicking myself for not smuggling the millions I had (Millions are worth $50 there lol) back here...because perhaps that too one day will skyrocket in value like IQD.

What got me into the dinar was a article that simply pieced together bits of foreign policy and politics into a story that made sense. It talked about how the US invaded Iraq in the gulf war and again in Iraq 2.0 to devalue the currency and buy significant quantities of it. I can't find any information on US treasury reserves (maybe the FED manages and does not disclose gold / foreign currency reserves) but it would make sense that they obtained this currency, knowing that it eventually will skyrocket, coincidentally cleaning off all that national debt. I think if the US is still running up trillion dollar deficits, they have something up their sleeve anyway. Or maybe Obama really is just that bad lol.

At the moment I'm reading 'The future of Iraq Project' by the US Dept. of State from 2005, it's a photocopy of the original, a 200-300 page document that has been 'unclassified' and 'released in full' (I guess that means they didn't redact anything). I have a printed copy & a electronic.

At the very least I'll lose £100 on this project, at best $420,000, while learning lots about money so this is a pretty good deal.

Hey SS, welcome to DV.

Well, if you want to learn about currencies, world economics, central banking, etc. I think you came to the right place. I think I have learned more about the things I just mentioned over the last year than at any other time in my life. There are definitely some very informed members here, to be sure.

Good luck to you in your learning endeavors and, again, welcome to DV.

WW.

Well welcome SevyShasha.

Now that your here.

I advise you pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable because "Nobody knows the when it will happen".

While your waiting read the various post, there's a lot of info to gather from various sources.

Were all just waiting, just like you.

Welcome to the website. Though a nice windfall of Rv cash is the dream we all have (ie: $3 Rv on 140k), I have a more sobering outlook. I wouldn't get hopes too high, some have been waiting 7 yrs. on this investment while Iraq's politics spin round and round. Keep in mind this is speculative and could go good, bad, or not at all for a long time. It looks like you are doing your research which is excellent, we all should, and it does 'seem' like Iraq is making good progress with reports of lower denom's in September, the erbil agreement, chapter 7, rising inflation, etc., we'll have to see what develops...

• 3 weeks later...