Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Today the Finance Committee will host a delegation from the Central Bank to discuss the deletion of zeros

I will check with my foreign currency department tomorrow. Within their country they might have (two) rates but I believe to be traded internationally they can only have

one rate tied to their currency. Each country is allowed an abbreviation and a rate for their currency. I will dbl check to make sure I"m telling you right, but I believe as a foreign entity we get one rate.

Do you happen to know how many years Turkey talked about RDing before executing?....

Nope....not so sure it was made public for very long....they came out with the new swift code like 3 months before it actually happened but who knows how long they were talking about it....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I will check with my foreign currency department tomorrow. Within their country they might have (two) rates but I believe to be traded internationally they can only have

one rate tied to their currency. Each country is allowed an abbreviation and a rate for their currency. I will dbl check to make sure I"m telling you right, but I believe as a foreign entity we get one rate.

Well the currency we hold now isnt internationally accepted so it probly wouldnt matter. And most countries close borders when they RD to cut off any outside liabilities...

You can surely ask but Im pretty sure that as long as there are two different swift codes (as in the case with a RD) that you can have two different rates because they are considered seperate currencies...since there is always a time frame for exchange, the international acceptance of only one currency would of course follow the NEW currency and not the one being taken out of existance....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Well sure............just search redenomination and youll find out that deleting the zeroes is a common term and has happened many many times throughout history. In fact....it is exactly the process the cbi describes.

its your turn.......where did you find tht information?? I cant find it......ive been looking for years.

How is it belittling??? many people have basically sworn in and out deleting the three zeroes is a revaluation. here we see 1000 becoming 1. Many are starting to see what deleting the zeroes is.

If your looking for a delicate tone of emotion in my post...then i see your point.

but im offended by your accusations of belittling........can we talk about the article please??

I

Lets all remmber....just because you know what a deleting the zeroes is........DOESNT mean it will happen. But.....the definition and description of it.....is what it is

Wow, and all this time, I believed the deletion of the 3 zeroes would affect the exchange rate; from $.0009 to $.86 or more.

Nope....not so sure it was made public for very long....they came out with the new swift code like 3 months before it actually happened but who knows how long they were talking about it....

Exactly....on more quick question.....this time I'm sure you'll know the answer......is your boy (by association perhaps) "legolas" on the right or left :huh::unsure::mellow::blink:..I admire his conviction but there are much bigger fish to fry (at this time) ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly....on more quick question.....this time I'm sure you'll know the answer......is your boy (by association perhaps) "legolas" on the right or left :huh::unsure::mellow::blink:..I admire his conviction but there are much bigger fish to fry (at this time) ;)

I dont understand why the length of time that Turkey took to announce its redenomination has any merit?? Or why you think it does......

I havent seen legolas in quite awhile....again, what does he have to do with this? blink.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1