Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Should Mitt Romney worry about Ron Paul

TPSprayduster

You know, I'm not here to fight with you.

You asked me a simple question, and I answered it.

You find three links that don't really spell it out for you, one about Obama, one from a blog site I've never even seen before, and a uTube video of Rand talking about Ron.

I guess you're right. I can't think or read, and I will vote for Rand instead of Ron for no reason. You win.

Where is the emoticon of a guy smashing his head into a concrete wall when you need one?

The one "about" Obama has infor about Rand. The "blog" is has a video of Rand outlining his foreign policy. And him defending his father's position shows support of said position. There are plenty more videos and links if you care to search yourself.

I'm not here to argue, but you said something very interesting and can't or refuse to support it with evidence. I just don't see why you would vote for Rand and not for Paul when a simple google search shows his foreign policy is like his fathers for the most part. I'm don't mean to be rude or condescending, but sometimes it's just better to say you misspoke than to continue supporting an erroneous idea.

My guess is that he likes Rand because Rand voted for sanctions on Iran.

Is that all? That hardly constitutes a difference in foreign policy. Didn't Rand Paul also vote against tougher sanctions on Iran in late March wanted an amendment demanding a clause saying nor war with Iran or Syria? I'm starting to think the real reason people don't like Ron is because he is old. I've already had some people tell me, "I like his ideas, but he just looks too old and weak to be a strong president."

Looks matter to a lot of people in this superficial world. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Ron Paul is too old ! Sometimes he looks like he won't make it off the stage. I am not knocking him just stating a fact. And who would he have as his VP? Just asking.

If given the chance, Ron Paul would probably mess you up/

Is that all? That hardly constitutes a difference in foreign policy. ........

I don't always have lots of time to debate some of this stuff, so I apologize for leaving you all hanging. I have formed my opinions from watching the debates and from seeing statements that Rand has made, and I don't have links to support these statements, so just blast me for that if you must.

As I see it, Ron and Rand are not polar opposites in their foreign policies, yet there are some very key differences that to me, make all the difference in the world.

Ron's viewpoint on the Middle East is that we just need to not be involved at all, and leave them to their own devices, and not participate in controlling the situation at all. He believes that the only real reason that Muslims hate America is that we've messed in their sandbox and that if we stay out of it, that they'll leave us alone. He doesn't believe that we need to participate in preventing Iran from getting a nuke, because that pisses off the Muslims, and we need to stop doing that and stay out of their conflicts. He wants to completely avoid any involvement in the ME, and abandon Israel entirely. He has voted for sending free aid to Muslim countries. For those reasons, he seems somewhat sympathetic to Muslim Extremist's efforts to rape and pillage other countries if they want to (and they won't come after us if we leave them alone). At least, that's how I see it.

Rand, on the other hand, believes that the Muslim Extremists are dangerous, and that we need to protect ourselves from them. While we may have stirred up the hornet's nest in the ME, he supports efforts to prevent Iran from getting a nuke, and he supports making sure that we stay involved with helping Israel protect herself from the Muslims by selling them weapons, and staying otherwise economically involved, but not by paying for it or backing them with a military presence or fighting force. He also believes that complete withdrawal from ME conflicts is not a total solution, and that we need to stay involved with policies that protect the balance of power in the ME, and maintain a strong defense military to protect ourselves from the consequences.

Otherwise, Rand seems very centered and focused, and Ron seems like a loose cannon to me. So that, in a nutshell, is why I'd vote for Rand and not Ron. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't always have lots of time to debate some of this stuff, so I apologize for leaving you all hanging. I have formed my opinions from watching the debates and from seeing statements that Rand has made, and I don't have links to support these statements, so just blast me for that if you must.

As I see it, Ron and Rand are not polar opposites in their foreign policies, yet there are some very key differences that to me, make all the difference in the world.

Otherwise, Rand seems very centered and focused, and Ron seems like a loose cannon to me. So that, in a nutshell, is why I'd vote for Rand and not Ron. :)

Respectfully, I must say you misunderstand what Rand Paul's position on Israel is. They are the same as his fathers: Cut aid to Israel since it is not needed. Ron Paul says that We give more money to Israel's enemies than we do to Israel, thus putting Israel at a disadvantage. They both want to end ALL foreign aid to Israel and other nations and help with trading. They both believe our presence in the ME is a cause of disdain towards the US. They both believe Israel can defend herself and she should be free to defend herself as she wishes since she is a sovereign nation, not pa puppet of the US. They both support Israel as an ally in the ME.

Rand Paul: End 'welfare' to Israel

I recommend reading all the positions of Ron Paul so as to better understand them. He is not weak on terrorism.

Political positions of Ron Paul

So, would you still vote for Rand and not Ron?

Respectfully, I must say you misunderstand what Rand Paul's position on Israel is. They are the same as his fathers: Cut aid to Israel since it is not needed. Ron Paul says that We give more money to Israel's enemies than we do to Israel, thus putting Israel at a disadvantage. They both want to end ALL foreign aid to Israel and other nations and help with trading. They both believe our presence in the ME is a cause of disdain towards the US. They both believe Israel can defend herself and she should be free to defend herself as she wishes since she is a sovereign nation, not pa puppet of the US. They both support Israel as an ally in the ME.

Rand Paul: End 'welfare' to Israel

I recommend reading all the positions of Ron Paul so as to better understand them. He is not weak on terrorism.

Political positions of Ron Paul

So, would you still vote for Rand and not Ron?

Yes, and I don't agree with everything you said. I'm not here to fight about it, either. Ron Paul has voted to send "welfare aid" to Muslim countries.

I will concede that they both agree to end foreign aid to everybody. That really doesn't change what I said.

And Wikipedia is not much more credible than the Huffington Post. When it comes to highly charged issues like politics, I don't use Wikipedia as a source. JMHO.

You did cut out the meat of my post, yet you addressed it in your response. I have attached it below:

Ron's viewpoint on the Middle East is that we just need to not be involved at all, and leave them to their own devices, and not participate in controlling the situation at all. He believes that the only real reason that Muslims hate America is that we've messed in their sandbox and that if we stay out of it, that they'll leave us alone. He doesn't believe that we need to participate in preventing Iran from getting a nuke, because that pisses off the Muslims, and we need to stop doing that and stay out of their conflicts. He wants to completely avoid any involvement in the ME, and abandon Israel entirely. He has voted for sending free aid to Muslim countries. For those reasons, he seems somewhat sympathetic to Muslim Extremist's efforts to rape and pillage other countries if they want to (and they won't come after us if we leave them alone). At least, that's how I see it.

Rand, on the other hand, believes that the Muslim Extremists are dangerous, and that we need to protect ourselves from them. While we may have stirred up the hornet's nest in the ME, he supports efforts to prevent Iran from getting a nuke, and he supports making sure that we stay involved with helping Israel protect herself from the Muslims by selling them weapons, and staying otherwise economically involved, but not by paying for it or backing them with a military presence or fighting force. He also believes that complete withdrawal from ME conflicts is not a total solution, and that we need to stay involved with policies that protect the balance of power in the ME, and maintain a strong defense military to protect ourselves from the consequences.

And thanks to whoever negged me for posting an extremely respectful opinion.

Cuz we want someone other than Obama as president.

Ok so what has been said and proven a bunch of times and 40 and LD can back this statement up. A vote for mitt is a vote for obama, they are one in the same. They are backed up by Goldman sacs, they have same ideas about healthcare, wars, financial policy, both believe in NDAA, when are all of you going to wake up to the game that is being played. There is a war on for your mind, and they are winning the war, because you still want a false change and you believe in a candidate that they choose for you. You are going to wake up one day soon after Nov, if Mittens wins, feeling very very sorry for your lack of understanding of the candidate you chosen thinking he will be better than Obama. In fact you will realize he is no different than Obama. Vote for Mitt and you will see. I will be there to point fingers and say, wait for it .................. I TOLD YOU SO.

• Upvote 4

Ok so what has been said and proven a bunch of times and 40 and LD can back this statement up. A vote for mitt is a vote for obama, they are one in the same. They are backed up by Goldman sacs, they have same ideas about healthcare, wars, financial policy, both believe in NDAA, when are all of you going to wake up to the game that is being played. There is a war on for your mind, and they are winning the war, because you still want a false change and you believe in a candidate that they choose for you. You are going to wake up one day soon after Nov, if Mittens wins, feeling very very sorry for your lack of understanding of the candidate you chosen thinking he will be better than Obama. In fact you will realize he is no different than Obama. Vote for Mitt and you will see. I will be there to point fingers and say, wait for it .................. I TOLD YOU SO.

And this is the heart of where we disagree, Scrum. We do not agree that a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.

There is no doubt that a vote for anyone but the Republican Nominee will be a vote for Obama.

It's what we have to work with, and we're going to have to live with it. Unless, of course, by some miracle, Paul gets nominated.

-----

If you want to dig several layers deeper, and follow LD all the way down the rabbit hole, none of it matters at all.

And this is the heart of where we disagree, Scrum. We do not agree that a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.

There is no doubt that a vote for anyone but the Republican Nominee will be a vote for Obama.

It's what we have to work with, and we're going to have to live with it. Unless, of course, by some miracle, Paul gets nominated.

-----

If you want to dig several layers deeper, and follow LD all the way down the rabbit hole, none of it matters at all.

Really, that is what we have to work with is Mitt, last i knew Ron Paul was running for the Republican Nomination. If that is the statement you will make for Mitt it really seems as if you need to vote of Ron Paul. This is the kind of psychology that i do not understand, you say this is all we have to work with is Mitt but you probably will vote for mitt. Ron Paul is running and you will vote for Mitt and say unless, of course, by some miracle Paul get nominated, and how do you suspect Paul will get nominated when you vote for Mitt. I really do not get that. It seems as if your heart is with Paul and your head is with mitt because you really think that he is the only one who can beat Obama. However many reports and statistics say Paul can beat Obama. Rabbit Hole, right words but wrong on Paul being the Rabbit hole, dig through several layers of Mitt and you will see what Paul supporters are talking about.

Edited by Scrumdiddles
  • Upvote 3

Really, that is what we have to work with is Mitt, last i knew Ron Paul was running for the Republican Nomination. If that is the statement you will make for Mitt it really seems as if you need to vote of Ron Paul. This is the kind of psychology that i do not understand, you say this is all we have to work with is Mitt but you probably will vote for mitt. Ron Paul is running and you will vote for Mitt and say unless, of course, by some miracle Paul get nominated, and how do you suspect Paul will get nominated when you vote for Mitt. I really do not get that. It seems as if your heart is with Paul and your head is with mitt because you really think that he is the only one who can beat Obama. However many reports and statistics say Paul can beat Obama. Rabbit Hole, right words but wrong on Paul being the Rabbit hole, dig through several layers of Mitt and you will see what Paul supporters are talking about.

It's not Psychology, Scrumm, it's History and Math.

And I can't swallow Paul's foreign policy. I don't look exclusively at what he says today; I look at what he has always said, as well as how he has always voted. I don't like his foreign policy. Obama's foreign policy has us militarily active in more countries right now than ever before, as far as I know. (which ain't necessarily too much). I think to withdraw and hunker down as a nation is an invitation to international problems like we have not ever had before. JMO. Can't live with it.

Romney isn't as bad as McCain was for a choice. The RP supporters I know are just pretty much blind to the facts. Is Romney perfect? No. Far from it. But he is a heap sight better than OBAMA.

Rabbit Hole wasn't referring to any candidates, or even the election.

I will vote for the Nominee. Whoever it is.

It's not Psychology, Scrumm, it's History and Math.

And I can't swallow Paul's foreign policy. I don't look exclusively at what he says today; I look at what he has always said, as well as how he has always voted. I don't like his foreign policy. Obama's foreign policy has us militarily active in more countries right now than ever before, as far as I know. (which ain't necessarily too much). I think to withdraw and hunker down as a nation is an invitation to international problems like we have not ever had before. JMO. Can't live with it.

Romney isn't as bad as McCain was for a choice. The RP supporters I know are just pretty much blind to the facts. Is Romney perfect? No. Far from it. But he is a heap sight better than OBAMA.

Rabbit Hole wasn't referring to any candidates, or even the election.

I will vote for the Nominee. Whoever it is.

Republican Hate for Mitt Romney

• Upvote 1

Republican Hate for Mitt Romney

I've been thinking about this video all day. (No, I don't have a life).

This is from when all these people of character were running against him for the nomination.

This is the worst they can come up with.

I'm impressed.

Voting for the Republican Nominee in 2012.

Yes, and I don't agree with everything you said. I'm not here to fight about it, either. Ron Paul has voted to send "welfare aid" to Muslim countries.

I will concede that they both agree to end foreign aid to everybody. That really doesn't change what I said.

And Wikipedia is not much more credible than the Huffington Post. When it comes to highly charged issues like politics, I don't use Wikipedia as a source. JMHO.

You did cut out the meat of my post, yet you addressed it in your response. I have attached it below:

I was saving space. Regardless, I've shown you that you were wrong about Rand Pauls foreign policy and that you don't really understand Ron's or Rand's positions on the issues.

To each his own, informed decision or not.

LOL, Scrum if you vote for Mitt he will win, but if you vote for Ron Paul and if he is not the nominee then Obama wins. I have no idea how you guys come up with this fuzzy math. You group is working soo hard to try and convince people to vote for Dr Paul even if he is not the nominee. I guess if keep pumping this story about how great it will be under a Dr paul adminstration well i am not will take that chance. Cutting a Trillion dollars right from Jump Street, not going to happen has to pass both the house and Senate. The Tea party is running the house and they have had to waffle on all of there experiments. promising to cut a 100 billion well that didn't happen. So when all of those Ron Paul supporters vote for Ron even if he is not the nominee I will be here saying and so will others tell you and your crew i told you so. Then we are going to wait for the Riots as forseen by Lord Dinar.

I was saving space. Regardless, I've shown you that you were wrong about Rand Pauls foreign policy and that you don't really understand Ron's or Rand's positions on the issues.

To each his own, informed decision or not.

I think it's wrong to state that my decision is uninformed or that I don't understand because I disagree with you.