Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Should Mitt Romney worry about Ron Paul

TPSprayduster

Swipe the Delegates, havoc at the convention ZERO consolidation =4 more years courtesy of RP. Did he win the popular vote in those states? NO, so use an GOP rule to get delegates by any means necessary. If those delegates do not fall in line. Don't blame the GOP, blame the group who took away your vote in those states where RP people swiped the delegates.

Just so everyone is clear, this is how its going to work in Nevada's case

Those Ron supporters must vote for Romney in the first ballot. ;)

Romney won Nevada's caucus in February with half of the vote. Under party rules adopted last fall, Romney was to get 20 of Nevada's 28 delegates for the national convention, and Paul was to get eight. Besides the 25 elected at the state convention, the other three Nevada delegates are state GOP Chairman Michael McDonald; National Committeeman Bob List; and National Committeewoman Heidi Smith.

List and Smith are Romney backers and their terms will end after the national convention.

Paul loyalists and state convention officials said Nevada's national delegates will abide by that allocation in the first round of balloting in August at the national convention in Tampa, Fla. Delegates would be free to vote their preference in subsequent ballots in the unlikely event Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, fails to clinch the GOP nomination in the first round.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/350929c7f31d4829b0c8cbf40cf368ab/NV--Nevada-GOP/

Edited by cris

Just so everyone is clear, this is how its going to work in Nevada's case

Those Ron supporters must vote for Romney in the first ballot. ;)

Romney won Nevada's caucus in February with half of the vote. Under party rules adopted last fall, Romney was to get 20 of Nevada's 28 delegates for the national convention, and Paul was to get eight. Besides the 25 elected at the state convention, the other three Nevada delegates are state GOP Chairman Michael McDonald; National Committeeman Bob List; and National Committeewoman Heidi Smith.

List and Smith are Romney backers and their terms will end after the national convention.

Paul loyalists and state convention officials said Nevada's national delegates will abide by that allocation in the first round of balloting in August at the national convention in Tampa, Fla. Delegates would be free to vote their preference in subsequent ballots in the unlikely event Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, fails to clinch the GOP nomination in the first round.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/350929c7f31d4829b0c8cbf40cf368ab/NV--Nevada-GOP/

I guess they forgot about that part, so if he has 1144, by the time of the first vote at the convention then this is a null and void situation unless they try the abstain trick and you can hang it up for the GOP. There will be no party unity and thus easy win, it will be worst than the election between GH Bush and Bill Clinton, i think it was Dan Rather said it like this, Grandma if you want to see which states GH Bush won you better put your glasses he won 2 states and Bill Sweep the country. If you want to see that happen again. I hope the RP folks are reading this.

I guess they forgot about that part, so if he has 1144, by the time of the first vote at the convention then this is a null and void situation unless they try the abstain trick and you can hang it up for the GOP. There will be no party unity and thus easy win, it will be worst than the election between GH Bush and Bill Clinton, i think it was Dan Rather said it like this, Grandma if you want to see which states GH Bush won you better put your glasses he won 2 states and Bill Sweep the country. If you want to see that happen again. I hope the RP folks are reading this.

Romney has 10 times the delegate count of Ron. If all of the states work the way

Nevada does ( Im still researching this ) then they must vote for Romney in the first

ballot......If there are shenanigans, then 50% of the delegate count is automatically

taken from the perpetrator

I just read that one, no link yet, but I'll go find it :blink:

Romney has 10 times the delegate count of Ron. If all of the states work the way

Nevada does ( Im still researching this ) then they must vote for Romney in the first

ballot......If there are shenanigans, then 50% of the delegate count is automatically

taken from the perpetrator

I just read that one, no link yet, but I'll go find it :blink:

Ok.....I just reread that one, and it has to do with primary dates,

not to what is implied in my statement :D

This is a kooky, mixed up, in need of reform system :blink:

What's the matter TPS, you don't want to see how a convention is run when most of the nays and yays are being roared by Ron Paul delegates? I keep telling you that this will be an epic convention. Get the fraudulent, corrupt, popular vote out of your head, open your eyes, and look around.

What's the matter TPS, you don't want to see how a convention is run when most of the nays and yays are being roared by Ron Paul delegates? I keep telling you that this will be an epic convention. Get the fraudulent, corrupt, popular vote out of your head, open your eyes, and look around.

My eyes are open 40, convention, popular vote by the people. by overwhelming the selection of the delegates is representing the people. NOT, just keep believing in what you think sir.

My eyes are open 40, convention, popular vote by the people. by overwhelming the selection of the delegates is representing the people. NOT, just keep believing in what you think sir.

I'm confused. Why doesn't Romney go do the same thing Ron Paul is doing? Perhaps he doesn't think he needs to since he won the popular vote, but if that's not working in his favor, then Romney should be worried. If what Paul is doing is perfectly legitimate per RNC rules, then Romeny should be getting his supporters at the conventions as well. Unless he can't find enough people to pay to show up?

Also, if you are so big on popular vote, I'm assuming you supported Al gore's presidential bid in 2000? He did win the popular vote you know.

I'm confused. Why doesn't Romney go do the same thing Ron Paul is doing? Perhaps he doesn't think he needs to since he won the popular vote, but if that's not working in his favor, then Romney should be worried. If what Paul is doing is perfectly legitimate per RNC rules, then Romeny should be getting his supporters at the conventions as well. Unless he can't find enough people to pay to show up?

Also, if you are so big on popular vote, I'm assuming you supported Al gore's presidential bid in 2000? He did win the popular vote you know.

Im sure you read it, but see post #23 ;)

Im sure you read it, but see post #23 ;)

Sorry, I didn't see your post. Regardless, as far as I can tell from the article, that rule only applies to Nevada. But why would the parties lawyer threaten that Nevada's delegation may not be seated in August if it was packed with Paul supporters just like they did in 2008 if it is a set rule that they must vote for Romney in the first round?

Sorry, I didn't see your post. Regardless, as far as I can tell from the article, that rule only applies to Nevada. But why would the parties lawyer threaten that Nevada's delegation may not be seated in August if it was packed with Paul supporters just like they did in 2008 if it is a set rule that they must vote for Romney in the first round?

Yes, your right, this is only Nevada. I haven't looked into the other states

operating procedures for delegates, but I think this one instance shows how

other states may handle the convention. ;)

This one article also shows that the assumption that Ron is taking delegates

could be misleading.

In regards to the lawyers statement, it appears that 4 years ago, the Paul

campaign was not following the rules and were shut down. They, this year, have

promised to follow the rules, but the threat of shutting them down is there.

All of this info came from about 15 min of research....I'll

try to do a little more tomorrow :rolleyes:

Edited by cris

Ok....here's another one for Nevada, You'll see it has the

same conclussion as the other.....The first ballot vote belongs to Romney

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ron-paul-wins-majority-of-nevada-delegates/2012/05/06/gIQA1An15T_blog.html

Heres the situation in Mass. Since Ron didnt get 15% of the vote, he doesnt qualify

for candidates, at least not in the first ballot.......I haven't read thru all of the rules yet

but, this is what Im seeing right now

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2848608/posts

Tuesday 6 March 2012 (tentative): 38 of 41 delegates to the Republican National Convention are proportionally allocated to presidential contenders based on the statewide results of today's Massachusetts Presidential Primary. A mandatory 15 percent threshold is required in order for a presidential contender to be allocated National Convention delegates. [Plan for the selection of delegates. I. 1.4, 1.5; IV. 4.1, 4.2]

After the primary, the Allocation Committee meets to determine how to apportion the 38 pledged National Convention Delegates to those Presidential contenders receiving at least 15% of the statewide vote. The number of delegates allocated to each candidate = (vote received by that candidate) ÷ (total votes of all candidates receiving at least 15% of the vote). The Allocation Committee determines how rounding of fractions is to be handled.

Al Gore got jacked by Jeb Bush, hanging chads yeah right.

cris,

I think it works sort of like this:

Each State has different rules as to how the delegates must or may vote in the first ballot. Nevada being on of the States that requires them to vote for the popular vote winner. Other States allow the delegates to vote by who won their district on the first ballot. These states could potentially split the delegate count enough that Romney would not get the required minimum for the nomination. This in turn would lead to a second ballot in which the gelegates from all the States can vote for whom they want. If the are predominantly Paul supporters he could then possibly gain the nomination.

I'm not entirely certain on this but I'm fairly sure that is how it works and what Paul is aiming at.

It is possible for delegates to abstain from voting in the first round. The rules can be changed AT the convention via 2/3 delegate vote. Another possibility is that all delegates are unbound AT the convention via rule change and allowed to vote their conscious on the first ballot.

There will be no party unity and thus easy win, it will be worst than the election between GH Bush and Bill Clinton. I hope the RP folks are reading this.

Is this how you promote party unity? I hope Mitt Romney people are watching these.

Maine

Nevada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCqLYsxZw4

Not to worry though, Ron Paulers fought the cheaters and won.

• Upvote 1

Is this how you promote party unity? I hope Mitt Romney people are watching these.

Maine

Nevada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCqLYsxZw4

Not to worry though, Ron Paulers fought the cheaters and won.

Yes 40 Ron paulers causing havoc and if they don;t get there way go ahead an abstain and you kiss the GOP opportunity good bye for the Presidency. This is the last i will say about this. Thanks 2 the paulers for giving the Democrats the White house again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You didn't answer my question, as usual. You accuse Ron Paul of dividing the party because he refuses to be bullied out of the race, even though his campaign has not broken a single rule. Meanwhile team Romney is pulling every dirty trick in the book to steal/buy the nomination, including falsifying documents and attempting to mislead his opponent's support. The Romney message seems to be: Welcome to the GOP, now vote for me or gtfo. How is that unity? That ish cray.

You didn't answer my question, as usual. You accuse Ron Paul of dividing the party because he refuses to be bullied out of the race, even though his campaign has not broken a single rule. Meanwhile team Romney is pulling every dirty trick in the book to steal/buy the nomination, including falsifying documents and attempting to mislead his opponent's support. The Romney message seems to be: Welcome to the GOP, now vote for me or gtfo. How is that unity? That ish cray.

and RP supporters are crashing the parties to choose delegates after the people don't choose him? How is that any better?

and RP supporters are crashing the parties to choose delegates after the people don't choose him? How is that any better?

It's better because they are doing it HONESTLY, without breaking the rules, in an attempt to save YOU from corruption. The media and establishment have rigged the popular vote. It's time for the people to stand up against tyranny.

• Upvote 1

It's better because they are doing it HONESTLY, without breaking the rules, in an attempt to save YOU from corruption. The media and establishment have rigged the popular vote. It's time for the people to stand up against tyranny.

Just because it's legal, doesn't make it right.

Two wrongs don't make it right.

It makes me question the ethics of his campaign.

But that's just me.

The whole system is corrupt. I just think it's important not to act like his supporters aren't too.

No doubt,many of those Republicans voting for Romney now, voted for Obama in the last election. These two are so much alike that it really makes no difference if either one of them is elected. Ron Paul is my choice for returning the U.S.A. to it's former[Constitutional] greatness. Backing Ron Paul ,with or without the Republican nomination,either as a third party candidate or a write -in candidate, is the only way I and many Republican and Democratic voters can actually hold our heads up instead of having to hold our noses going into the polls,and walk funny leaving the polls because our butts are puckered. Yes!I have spoken to many Democrats who also love this country,and would vote for Ron Paul,because he is right,and not controlled by any special interest group.

• Upvote 1

No doubt,many of those Republicans voting for Romney now, voted for Obama in the last election. These two are so much alike that it really makes no difference if either one of them is elected. Ron Paul is my choice for returning the U.S.A. to it's former[Constitutional] greatness. Backing Ron Paul ,with or without the Republican nomination,either as a third party candidate or a write -in candidate, is the only way I and many Republican and Democratic voters can actually hold our heads up instead of having to hold our noses going into the polls,and walk funny leaving the polls because our butts are puckered. Yes!I have spoken to many Democrats who also love this country,and would vote for Ron Paul,because he is right,and not controlled by any special interest group.

People saying over and that Romney and Obama are the same doesn't make it true. There are many things that aren't remotely the same about Romney and Obama.

MOST REPUBLICANS ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE no matter who it is. History repeats itself, and no, people don't learn. They're stupid.

Ron Paul has not accomplished anything in his candidacy that convinces me that the masses of republicans can be swayed to vote for him if he's not the nominee, and not be splitting the vote.

If they could be swayed to his position and would vote for him, HE WOULD WIN THE NOMINATION without crashing the delegation selection parties.

If he can't win the nomination, how on earth can you conceive that he would will the election against Obama with another candidate also running against Obama?

So if he's not nominated and runs on an independent ticket, HE WILL SPLIT THE NON-DEMOCRATIC VOTE.

I don't like the system. It is broken. But it's what we have to work with.

I will vote for the Republican Nominee. I don't believe that Romney = Obama, and I want Obama out of the white house.

MOST REPUBLICANS ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE no matter who it is. History repeats itself, and no, people don't learn. They're stupid.

This is why it is so important that Ron Paul be the Republican nominee. History shows us that many Republicans don't care who they vote for as long as the media concurs. If the media were pushing Hitler (pre-holocaust) as the Republican nominee, many Republicans would rally behind him.

Edited by 40oz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1