Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A heart warming welcome

The week prior to Easter my nephew was critically wounded in Afghanistan. On his return to home for a 30 day leave he received this:

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/18019488/hundreds-turn-out-to-welcome-home-bryan-soldier

I can't say enough about the men and women serving our country around the world. Everyone of them should receive a welcome like Austin. I know I'm not alone. I am proud to share this with you all, I know that some of you have family and friends serving. From the bottom of my heart, "Thank you to all who have, are and will serve our country!"

Edited by willy1der
  • Upvote 8

I'm going to try and compose myself, this brings great joy to know that your nephew is home safe with his family. Our God is an awesome God.

May Our God continue to protect our men and women of the service. They need to know we are behind them 100% and our love for them will be held close to our hearts. :hug:

WELCOME HOME AUSTIN :tiphat:

• Upvote 3

Welcome home Austin....thanks for sharing with us Willy, many of us have been praying for him and he will forever be a part of our hearts now....so glad he got the acknowledgement he deserves! God bless our military, past and present and their families...

• Upvote 1

Welcome home Austin....thanks for sharing with us Willy, many of us have been praying for him and he will forever be a part of our hearts now....so glad he got the acknowledgement he deserves! God bless our military, past and present and their families...

I have to be honest here. I am so proud of Austin that I had to share this. But I am proud of all those who serve our country. It's great to see this for anyone but when it's family it makes it even better. You know he shed tears and had some yahoo write on his facebook that he was a Pu_ _y for crying. Some of his buddies in Afghanistan read the comment and invited the poster to come join them in Afghanistan. My daughter dated a young man in the Navy. When he graduated from bootcamp up around Chicago he and his mother and father went to Applebee's to eat and he was literally spit on. I don't understand people like that. He kept his composure and did not deck the person that spit on him, I don't understand that either. I've had 3 nephews and 1 brother-in-law serve overseas, hopefully Austin is the only one to go through hell serving. I'm not sure if that sounds right but what I'm trying to say is I hope no one else has to experience what Austin experienced. War is nasty and when we have an enemy that could care less about the Geneva convention or fighting fair (if that's even possible in war) it makes it harder. Like Austin stated, thay had been on that patrol 1000 times. The really sad part is he lost buddies/friends. I think working through this will be more difficult then he realizes. He is mad because he doesn't think he's healing fast enough. I told the family it's a man thing and I would expect him to think that way but hopefully he gets the revelation that he is doing fine and the recovering will be a long process. I'm sure there are others on this site that will read this and weigh in with their experiences, and rightfully so. Like I stated earlier, I am proud of all of you that have, are and will serve our country. As a christian I feel God has shown me a truth in His word about all of you, "no greater love will a man KNOW, then to lay your life down for another." See to me this is what I get out of it, you have experienced a love I will never get to experience, you laid it down for me, something I have never experienced and at my age will never get to experience like you have. God bless each and everyone of you serving, or having served, I can't thank you enough.

Pappy

Edited by willy1der
  • Upvote 6

:bravo: THAT WAS AWSOME!! Glad hes home for a minute and making a great recovery!!! Loved the line..im a medic and whos gonna take care of the medic................ man so true..... thanks for your sevice bro!!!
  • Upvote 1

Welcome Home, Austin!

Willy...you say is just right and I agree 200% with you.

May God bless and protect our servicemen and women wherever they are. Psalm 91 for all of them :)

Thanks, Willy for sharing about your nephew... I have a better understanding and appreciation about the servicemen or women that serve the country. Hats off to all of them.. :twothumbs::tiphat:

Willy, I just saw your post...Praise God for His healing!! I have kept Austin in my thoughts and prayers, blessed to know he is home!!!

I cannot imagine ANYONE doing, saying or thinking anything except wonderful things about the men and women that protect our country. It truly is sad to realize that such ignorance does exist...personally, I can't even imagine what our warriors must go through to protect us.....they are truly special people to have such love to serve our country!!! Wealthhound