Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

One of the Best Guru Posts I've Read Lately

Butifldrm

BeautifulDreamer, I have read a few of his post on rcaps. He is grounded it appears. Heard him one time on a call and he sticks to the news. He doesn't like hearsay or intel.

I have no clue which website he is on, but it sounds like another family who wants to stick to truth and not made up, or he said she said.

Anytime I see his reads, I READ.

• Upvote 1

BeautifulDreamer, I have read a few of his post on rcaps. He is grounded it appears. Heard him one time on a call and he sticks to the news. He doesn't like hearsay or intel.

I have no clue which website he is on, but it sounds like another family who wants to stick to truth and not made up, or he said she said.

Anytime I see his reads, I READ.

He posts here under the same username.

Yeah, getting it done before 6/1 is imperative as far as I can see it.

No RV w/ taxes & tarrifs put into effect is going to put even more of a bind

on the Iraqi citizens. Just think of your own people for just a day or 2. Get OFF UR BUTTS & do something

• Upvote 1

Yeah, getting it done before 6/1 is imperative as far as I can see it.

No RV w/ taxes & tarrifs put into effect is going to put even more of a bind

on the Iraqi citizens. Just think of your own people for just a day or 2. Get OFF UR BUTTS & do something

There was a time when predictions of a June RV were like a kick in the gut for me. Sounded so damn far away and there's no way I could wait that long. Haha....doesn't seem so bad now!

I've always been real curious about the June tariff scenario and here it is now upon us. Bring it on!!

• Upvote 1

He said this today as well!!!

5-3-2012 SWFloridaGuy: The Iraq News Network reported that the outcome of the meeting in Erbil was an agreement between the five parties (Talabani, Barzani, Allawi, Najafi, al-Sadr) to withdraw Maliki’s confidence unless he implements what was previously agreed upon. Maliki’s response was that he will follow through and resolve all outstanding problems between them. He claims that what was agreed upon has already been submitted for implementation and that a joint effort between the parties will enact those themes consisting of (9) points.It was also reported today that Maliki has reached out to the Iraqi List with promises of implementing the Erbil power sharing agreement to bring them back to the table for a successful National Conference. Previously, they have boycotted the preparatory meetings and refer to them as pointless until they see action and not just words. If this does not happen then Maliki will receive a vote of no-confidence. It appears that the Prime Minister has been backed into a corner that may be difficult to get out of this time and that’s great for us.

• Upvote 11

I'm not sure can not confirm but wasnt it in June of last year President O had a bill on his desk concerning all this for the IMF and he denied to sign? I am a newbie so please be easy. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Good eye! It was an IMF bill, but it was regarding an increase in US participation (mo' money).

It's good to see some grounded stuff on here rather than the recycled OOM flatulence B)

5-2-2012 SWFloridaGuy: I saw an update last night from a certain "guru" who claims the purpose for the Obama trip to Afghanistan was so "he could get out of dodge because he's afraid of the RV and what it would do to his campaign." That's completely false but also what I've come to expect from this person. Obama was there to, among other reasons, sign a long-term security agreement with President Karzai that allows the US to maintain a military supporting military role until 2024. Obama is not in control of the RV and it has nothing to do with his reelection. This has everything to do with the country of Iraq, the instruction and support they've been receiving from the IMF and World Bank on necessary, preparatory steps that will lead to the success of the project. Also key to the success of this project is inflation and stability. We look for Erbil, HCL, Article 140 implementation and a fully seated GOI. A successful National Conference may bring some resolution to these issues. I believe it's in Iraq's best interest to get this done in May because the tariffs go into effect on June 1st and the USNC High Level Mandate Meeting to release Iraq from Chapter 7 (SC/10490) is scheduled for June 15th unless they call an emergency session to expediate the process. I don't usually bring rumors into the chat room. I don't have any dates or rates and wouldn't listen to a contact who pretended to have those highly guarded details, but I will tell you there is a lot of talk about Iraq releasing their new currency (LD's) and raising their exchange rate very soon. This comes from someone who handles business for a CBI official and also from a contact who's on the support staff for an economic counselor in the IMF's research department. Iraq's goal in the coming period is to prevent further dollarization, enter the WTO with full accession, maintain a stable, competitive, market-based system and stabilize the foreign exchange market, raising the IQD exchange rate against the dollar. I don't believe we have much farther to go.

Great post. To play devil's advocate - I would like to see a clear argument concerning Iraq continuing the use of the dollar. Exactly what foreign sales, contractor deals, or international tarriff, foreign exchanges of any kind could they NOT do with the US dollar. Could they keep going on forever with the dollar, as some countries have done, and are we deluding ourselves that they MUST use the IQD?

Just asking honestly.

• Upvote 3