Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BOOOOORING!!!!!!!!!

smee2

Anyone else find that suddenly the Dinar side of DV is boring? Perhaps I have just gone through an overdose of Iraq "news" that doesn't really make a darn bit of difference in what we are waiting for. Perhaps I have just become too bored with the non-dinar stuff and am feeling that boredom when I come to look at the dinar stuff. Then again, maybe I am just finding that my dinar saturation point has been reached.

Because I am finding the Dinar news so unworthy, I have spent more time in the past few months checking out the off limits postings. Seriously, this penchant for bashing the American political scene and the lack or respect shown by Americans for the American political process, has caused me to stop even checking what may be an interesting headline. Usually who posted it tells you before hand if it might be something interesting or something along the lines of political bashing. That narrows my possibilities on the site to non bashing posts ... which narrows it quite a bit.

We have a new thread now, the music and video scene. And, I will admit that I occasionally go and check out something that seems interesting. But when someone starts putting those up on the forum, they tend to push a lot of the other stuff past whatever limit is established for current input and old stuff and a day at a time we have a flood of music and video and not much else, unless you include the bashing ... it never stops.

That leaves, basically, the Dinar news. Usually, though it isn't really anything that notifies us of a galloping RV about to hit, it does have some sort of issue that we can follow through a few days of postings. And some of those postings bring some interesting comments. But recently, there has really been nothing much that really seems of interest.

So, I am bored. I find that coming to check the listings is not longer the fun it used to be. I no longer hold out hope that there will be a rich nugget of something worthwhile snuggled down in the midst of all the "stuff" on the site. Where I used to visit several times a day, for hours at a time, and relished the thought of what I might find, now it is a struggle to show up a couple of times for a very few minutes each. I even find myself sort of dreading it but feel that if I don't show up at least twice a day, once early and once late, I might miss something good.

So, lets see if anyone else has this feeling of boredom with the site. Even some of the questions and polls and "groups" that seem to be forming, seem to have dried up. What do you think?

smee2

• Upvote 13

I know exactly what you mean .... I'm starting to get pretty bored myself lately, most days i log on and scan through the titles .... dont read anything unless the title grabs me. ..... I've been logged on for the past 5 hours here in work ..... this is the first post i have read or replied to in 5 hours !!!

Mainly concentrating on PM's right now anyway, It's good to get a break from this dinar mania every now and again +1

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Agree Smee 2. Lets hope the boring news is just a product of the mundane details being sorted through till we get to the juicy stuff, Chapter 7, and Erbil....... I read a lot of posts but post infrequently perhaps due to the same lack luster feeling having been drained of any real brain power. I think in some cases people get a kick out of seeing themselves in print and just post any comments. I would be encouraged if people ONLY posted more valuable information on topic and also had the self control to refrain from useless blabber. Take a break, refresh, be patient and know that you are not the only one feeling this way, the people who treat the investment seriously and perform there due diligence are burnt out! Take care.

• Upvote 1

I think you may have come to the realization that this investment is not what you thought it was when you invested. Welcome to my world. Ive been in for 8 yrs and same old news repeats itself over and over. Still hopeful though.

I noticed that bondlady had scooter and ali on her site recently which tells me that many people are bored and dinar sales are down.

• Upvote 1

Smee i to have seen a drastic change in the last two years especially in the way news is brought, the kinds of posts coming in to read and also the way that Adam approaches the chats with us. Not being critical of him but seems like he does his chats in a different hurried mindset than he used to. One thing i noticed is he was more upbeat in times past but still i respect him and i guess i has a lot on his plate with the business he is running. It is a wonderful thing that he does spend the time to address a chat for us and i give thanks for that. I have also noticed that the movement of members now would rather read, particpate in posts that sometimes skirts the rim of rude, sometimes dirty than a post of something good. The trend has moved from what it used to be and the interest of readers has changed. For example last week i tried to start a post of natural remedies for helping all of us and incouraged everyone to reply with a remedie, cure for health issues that all could benefit from and got very little participation and the ones that did reply were good ones and i thank you for that. It drawed over a 1000 views but for some reason people would not offer a reply of anything they knew of or their grandmother told them and it just faded on off into the dark but yet one other post of anything from jokes to dirty stuff can run forever. I am not complaining about this i am making a comparsion to how what readers want these days. I just wished the natural cure post had kept going because a lot of people would have benefited from it. Heavyduty053

• Upvote 5

This is a dinar website???? :lol:

Seriously...or not...life in general, and DV in particular are as fun or as boring as you make them. Want something different around here? Do it yourself :)

I did...and I'm having a blast on my new, somewhat less risque' thread.

I've seen how wonderfully creative you are, Smee. I'd love to see what kind of thread you could come up with :twothumbs:

I think we get to a point of saturation. Especially as we read the articles. There is a sameness about every article that comes from the GOI and CBI. It is the same story told slightly different from the last one. Emphasis should be place on "slightly." Sometimes I post on a thread that I care little about just to get a response from others. But my post are too placid as well. The only response that come is when I am caustic or rude (there are times when rudeness is recommended). But those that are one line digs at the person making the post are really just trying to throw in a little humor for amusement. Usually the post is uninteresting. People are often kind an just say "interesting," "great post," etc., and they mean it. I guess that is the nature of a long wait. The interest we have begins to wane until boredom sets in. Which leads us to another phase of the forums.

I've not been a member of DV very long. I started reading back in October 2010 and "signed on" January 2011. At that time I was excited because I thought that everything was about to "pop" and the RV was just around the corner. As we all know, it has taken longer than we expect.

It is during these months that I saw and continue to see the disappearance of "the old posters" and the appearance of "new posters" on the forums. There seems to be a lot of newbies coming aboard. The interesting part is that the newbies ask questions and post stuff that have been posted by those who were "newbies" two years ago! And I am sure that those who were "senior" members of DV and had been members for five years, thought the same about my questions. Though with my lack of knowledge of currency speculation, my questions were few and far between. I stuck to posting what I knew a little about and off when I was still in a fog.

It becomes boring to answer the same ol' questions or read the answers from someone else. I wonder if that's why a lot of the old names have disappeared off DV? They are either frustrated and gone, or sitting in the wings being unresponsive. Oh, they may check in to see what is happening on the forums, but they never post anymore. They're just waiting for Cash In.

Political post are always in fashion. Bashing the government is easy. To some it is exciting. Promoting a particular party or candidate is one political responsibility. But that, too, can and does become trite and boring.

All of us want this investment to be exciting, but we need to face reality. Until the RV it will be boring. And professionals will tell you not to become emotional about an investment. Just put it away and wait for it to happen. Don't think about it. Enjoy life. Do other things that ARE life until the RV. Then it will be a party in the streets!

Smee2, you have great posts. Don't let the dregs ruin your cup of tea. Here's hoping a RV tomorrow, or at least by May 31 (my call on the date).

Yes, it has got a little boring. My plan to defeat this is enjoy my Pacific Northwest Summer. In the hills, on the rivers, gold panning, trapping, learning to tan hides, mountain biking, and shrooming. I've lived in a lot of places, but I was born and pretty much raised here in Washington. I gotta say I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the rain and it's effects. Effects being our green forests, and flooding rivers, such power. I would love to visit B.C. as well. That's my plan smee, I hope you find something this summer to fill the time outside. :)

How long does the CBI thing we will follow policy and study it better than they know it. These are the guys that sold someone's gold because they put it on paper as having gold.HaHa Thats pretty good I cant believe they birthed fractional banking from that idea that golds heavy it needs to stay in the bank. How many countries does the fed really owe that NY FED gold to ? You really have got to think we are going to see an end to that. they have been selling the same house say built in 1950 for 42,000 sold to 6 home owners in there interest first payment system. the 42,000 home has been payed over 1,000,000 to the banks and this is way better than the gold certificate jig. Imagine how long Greece and those other EURO mortgages have been sold over and over to hard working people.If someone would just pass the correct mortgage laws and $1 payed to interest also went to the principle of the loan this would save the world and people would have a shot escaping this imprisonment if your not able to put 30 to 40% down on a home . We would not be hanging onto these damn sites praying the CBI will play fair and give us a $1 to1 on dinar Please its clearly a managed leverage control to f#%k as many people out of $ as they can before the breaking point hits. Its not even About wars nuclear unrest global earth discomfort space concerns religion taxes its just a diversion from them to keep your mind working on it while the great theft continues to slide under American idol and tmz

• Upvote 1

Smee,

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Furthermore, I believe this form is a perfect example of what philosophers call: First Person Constraint on Doxastic Explanation.

I’m going to jettison this cumbersome name and call it “Cuz It’s True Constraint”. Here is how it works: Let’s say I believe that drinking green tea is good for my health. Let’s also say that I’ve been drinking three cups of green tea a day for 20 years, that I come from a long line of green tea drinkers and that I’m the CEO of a family-owned corporation, Green Tea International.

An impartial observer, who we will name Smee, would instantly recognize that I have three compelling reasons to believe in the salubrious effects of green tea, none of which have anything to do with whether those effects are real.

First, having ingested vast quantities of it, at least partially in the conviction that I was boosting my chances for a long and healthy life, I’m going to be resistant to any suggestions that all that tea had zero effect on me (or, worse, a deleterious one).

Second, because my allegiance to green tea is part of an entrenched and presumably sacrosanct family tradition, questioning it could seriously damage my most intimate relationships, not to mention my share of the family fortune.

Finally, I have staked my financial and professional status on the belief that green tea is good for one’s health.

In short, I have powerful social, psychological and practical reasons to believe in the merits of green tea. The gist of the “Cuz It’s True Constraint” is that I myself can’t believe that these reasons contribute in any significant way to my conviction that green tea is good for me. Instead, I MUST believe this conviction is based on the facts: in this case, on the physical (rather than emotional, financial or familial) benefits of green tea. In other words, I must believe that I believe it, cuz it’s true.

Viewed in a certain light, the ‘Cuz It’s True Constraint can appear self-evident or even circular. While to our impartial observer, Smee, it borders, no doubt on the insane.

Now I’ll leave the astute reader to replace the allegory “green tea” with either politics, religion or perhaps even the Dinar Investment itself, as they see fit.

:)

• Upvote 1

http://www.kidneycomplete.com/

HeaveyDuty,

Check out this site for natural relief. I purchased the Kidney complete for my wife and it worked great. I have been telling people about this for sometime and it works so far as I have been told. I wish I'd have found this when I got my stone 2 summers ago, I woke up at 1 am and thought I was dieing my wife rushed me to emergency and I spent several hours there to only find out after tests that was the problem...YUK!! We use many alternatives for health, and they work better than drugs that do nothing but kill you. Both of my parents have died over the doctors prescribing drugs to fix their sickness's. :twocents:

I agree with Smee2 I don't stop by that much either it is a bit booooring! hooo humm hocky's on now so got a go!

GO RV!

The sun'll come out

Tomorrow

Bet your bottom dollar

That tomorrow

There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about

Tomorrow

Clears away the cobwebs,

And the sorrow

'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day

That's gray,

And lonely,

I just stick out my chin

And Grin,

And Say,

Oh!

The sun'll come out

Tomorrow

So ya gotta hang on

'Til tomorrow

Come what may

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!

I love ya Tomorrow!

You're always

A day

A way!

:)

• Upvote 3

I think you may have come to the realization that this investment is not what you thought it was when you invested. Welcome to my world. Ive been in for 8 yrs and same old news repeats itself over and over. Still hopeful though.

I noticed that bondlady had scooter and ali on her site recently which tells me that many people are bored and dinar sales are down.

Agreed... Exactly the same here.

I miss the breakdown/analysis of the news that came from the yin and yang, the point counterpoint, debate. I like vanilla ice cream but it gets boring after a while.

I know what you mean... Some debates / discussion over at the LOP Thread were very good... Now it seems like Legolas, dinarck, jmw and dvforumuser don't ( probably can't) post anymore, not even there where they were confined....

• Upvote 1