Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

atm machines in airport

ayrnay22

If the post I read from another site to install atm machines in the airports is true I wonder with usd and large notes taken out of circulation in Iraq how much currency would be available in dinars if I'm not mistaken the dinar is similiar in thickness to usd and if I'm correct atms can only hold so much currency curious if anyone knows the amount of money typically in an atm machine when full the fact that without a rv an atm full of dinar wouldn't be cost effective in my opinion

Just a small sign of a possible rv but again not sure never used a foreign atm machine well never in a country with an exchange over 12:1

Edited by ayrnay22
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If the post I read from another site to install atm machines in the airports is true I wonder with usd and large notes taken out of circulation in Iraq how much currency would be available in dinars if I'm not mistaken the dinar is similiar in thickness to usd and if I'm correct atms can only hold so much currency curious if anyone knows the amount of money typically in an atm machine when full the fact that without a rv an atm full of dinar wouldn't be cost effective in my opinion

Just a small sign of a possible rv but again not sure never used a foreign atm machine well never in a country with an exchange over 12:1

Well look at it this way.....whats the norm for our ATMs? Mainly 20's.....

The 25k note is VERY close to being equal in value to a 20 dollar bill....so it really would be no different!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I understand that but if cbi is pulling in large notes or wants to why fill hundreds of atms with 25000 notes also if full of 25000 notes before rv I would just watch the atm when the rv is about to happen they would have to pull out all the large notes other wise at a 1:1 rv that atm would be holding millions

That would be the closest to inside Intel u would get on the rv occuring

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well look at it this way.....whats the norm for our ATMs? Mainly 20's.....

The 25k note is VERY close to being equal in value to a 20 dollar bill....so it really would be no different!

I'm not sure why you were negged keepm, evened you out.

How's that precious daughter doing?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ATMs in Iraq only carry the 10000 notes, so all transactions have to be in 10000 increments. Most of them have a 200000 limit per transaction. I have heard that they were also putting one in the Baghdad airport that used dollars. It wasn't there the last time I went through, so I can't verify that.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 4

ATMs in Iraq only carry the 10000 notes, so all transactions have to be in 10000 increments. Most of them have a 200000 limit per transaction. I have heard that they were also putting one in the Baghdad airport that used dollars. It wasn't there the last time I went through, so I can't verify that.

Roadrunner

Thank u

considering the physical difference between USD and IQD...their billfolds (wallets) must be bigger than ours or the tops would be worn out in a week...do they even use billfolds there? Always wondered about the size...am I alone? cheers :blink:

considering the physical difference between USD and IQD...their billfolds (wallets) must be bigger than ours or the tops would be worn out in a week...do they even use billfolds there? Always wondered about the size...am I alone? cheers :blink:

Ha ha ha ...it always has to come down to "Size"....... :P

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I remember reading that too. That was right after it RVed for the hundredth time if I remember right.

Ha-ha. Yea me too. I also remember someone in the "atm" business saying that the currency is loaded into "cassettes" - to be deployed upon command!

Currencies of any size can be loaded into their respective cassettes, so there are really no limitations as to a currency's size when being spit out of an atm.

Ha-ha. Yea me too. I also remember someone in the "atm" business saying that the currency is loaded into "cassettes" - to be deployed upon command!

Currencies of any size can be loaded into their respective cassettes, so there are really no limitations as to a currency's size when being spit out of an atm.

Very true .... here in europe ... Euro and Sterling ATM's typically hold 5 cassettes unless it is a dual currency ATM....

Each cassette holds on average 50,000 worth of whatever denom is in it .... (it is a smaller amount for the lower denom's cant remember off the top of my head what it is)

all cassettes are the same size ..... all denoms are different sizes ... hence they are inter changeable

the size of the note does not matter you are correct .....

there are machines here in airports mainly in the UK that do Sterling, Euro's & Dollars ..... thats 18 different note sizes in 3 currencies, it makes absolutely no difference to the machine it just selects the correct cassette for the amount you ask for......

• Upvote 1

Yeah... Some people used to talk some serious BS...

Does anyone actually believe that ATM's would be loaded with currency that is not readily available in the market???

Really???

No ..... the banks would be stocked first ... it's not going to be too much of a problem in Iraq they could simply just turn off all the machines for a day or two until they can be filled with new denoms or something....... it's not like they have thousands of ATM's

It was a much larger and complex operation in europe when the Euro was introduced, where there is an ATM on nearly street corner and inside every shop, petrol station and bar .....

They got aruound it by accepting both currencies for about 6 months from what I can remember ..... it wasnt too hard to get used to it ... everything had 2 prices (that was sometimes confusing) ATM's were either Euro or old money ...... to get the old money off the streets quicker retailers had to give change in euro regardless of wether you paid in old money , after 6 months the old notes were no longer accepted by retailers but you could still exchange them with the bank for a further 6 months..... pretty simple process

No ..... the banks would be stocked first ... it's not going to be too much of a problem in Iraq they could simply just turn off all the machines for a day or two until they can be filled with new denoms or something....... it's not like they have thousands of ATM's

It was a much larger and complex operation in europe when the Euro was introduced, where there is an ATM on nearly street corner and inside every shop, petrol station and bar .....

They got aruound it by accepting both currencies for about 6 months from what I can remember ..... it wasnt too hard to get used to it ... everything had 2 prices (that was sometimes confusing) ATM's were either Euro or old money ...... to get the old money off the streets quicker retailers had to give change in euro regardless of wether you paid in old money , after 6 months the old notes were no longer accepted by retailers but you could still exchange them with the bank for a further 6 months..... pretty simple process

Thanks for the explanation that's what I wanted to know the article I found made it seem like it was 100 or thousands of atms and if that was the case and they all were shutdown at same time for an rv that would be noticeable but I will fill that article under unimportant nonsense