Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WAR ON TERROR IS OVER!

Lutie

Obama: ‘The War on Terror is Over’

Posted on April 24, 2012 by Conservative Bytepf-button-both.gifobama_waronterror-300x117.jpg

Today, the National Journal reported that a senior State Department official has announced, “The war on terror is over.”

“Now that we have killed most of al Qaida,” the source said, “now that people have come to see legitimate means of expression, people who once might have gone into al Qaida see an opportunity for a legitimate Islamism.”

The article itself describes the Obama administration’s new vision of foreign policy, which admits no enemies. Everyone, in this view, is a friend. Islamism, says the Obama administration, is just fine, so long as it does not openly support terrorism.

Be afraid people!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Ok, I agree that Obama must go. My stance is based solely upon the fact that he said he would begin to balance the budget by the end of his first term. Instead, he has added 5 tillion to the defecit. I could go on with economic issues but where is the "PROOF" that he or his admin have stated the war on terror is over? We are still in Afghanistan and it was Obama that increased American troops there so he obviously does not believe this to be the case........

• Upvote 1

The "War on Terror" has been over since Obama got into office. You know, when he renamed it "Over Seas Contingency". So, the question should be...Is Obama saying the "Over Seas Contingency" is over? :eyebrows: ah ha, ah ha, that is the question. ;) Watch out for the "smoke and mirrors", we're all growing to expect from this administration. OK maybe, I'm too skeptical or maybe not. :confused:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Obama and his administration's view of the War on Terror started changing in 2009. I remember reading where they had coined a new name for the Global War on Terror. I do not agree with their interpretation or idealisms!

'Global War On Terror' Is Given New Name

Network NewsX Profile

By Scott Wilson and Al Kamen

Washington Post Staff Writers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Obama administration appears to be backing away from the phrase "global war on terror," a signature rhetorical legacy of its predecessor.

In a memo e-mailed this week to Pentagon staff members, the Defense Department's office of security review noted that "this administration prefers to avoid using the term 'Long War' or 'Global War on Terror' [GWOT.] Please use 'Overseas Contingency Operation.' "

The memo said the direction came from the Office of Management and Budget, the executive-branch agency that reviews the public testimony of administration officials before it is delivered.

Not so, said Kenneth Baer, an OMB spokesman.

"There was no memo, no guidance," Baer said yesterday. "This is the opinion of a career civil servant."

Coincidentally or not, senior administration officials had been publicly using the phrase "overseas contingency operations" in a war context for roughly a month before the e-mail was sent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/24/AR2009032402818.html

• Upvote 1

I am so very damm happy this is over. Now I want, no demand my Constitution restored to what it was when the founding fathers wrote it. I also want this brown shirts (TSA) disbanded. I want to be able to go to the airport and get on a plane without taking my cloths off. I want to get the federal government out of my business and out of the schools. I want the border secured and all illegals deported. Lets see, what am I leaving out. Feel free to add your wishs before these micromangers starting down this very abrasive road in the name of saftey. :P

• Upvote 1

Yeah Right. Tell that to this kids mom and dad Mr President

This is Liam and Theo....they were killed together last week in Afghanistan...

.they are being buried in the same casket this coming week...

lets not forget that this is going on every day.

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 1

Yeah Right. Tell that to this kids mom and dad Mr President

This is Liam and Theo....they were killed together last week in Afghanistan...

.they are being buried in the same casket this coming week...

lets not forget that this is going on every day.

There are not words thank and show our appreciation to our soldiers who go to war for us. The sacrifice they and they family make is beyond what any of us at home can imagine. So I hope all our military will do whatever they can to get their votes in this November. You all deserve a President who appreciates and will stand behind you. This one is all talk !

• Upvote 1