Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fifth third memo

FOUNDIT

All the hostility is the reason some legitemite people don't share with us here at DV anymore.....give the OP a break, it's not like he's throwing a date or rate out there, besides that his info is easily verifiable if you make a quick phone call....

THANK YOU! A bunch of uneducated, rude, immature, impatient, jackals on this site. Throw in a small minority of smart, classy people and there you have it. So Says................DayTrader

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Not buying back IS a big deal....it's bad for us :angry:

I agree thats one way of looking at it,however it could be a way to control the purchase of dinar while also controlling where you can cash out. If the feds devise a way in which to monitor the cash in at required locations.

Edited by FOUNDIT

THANK YOU! A bunch of uneducated, rude, immature, impatient, jackals on this site. Throw in a small minority of smart, classy people and there you have it. So Says................DayTrader

You are absolutely correct. This site is not what it used to be and it's a shame.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

fifth and third is just following what numerous banks have already done in ceasing to handle the dinar.

I think it becomes too troublesome for what they make on the exchange rate with all the calls and questions they have to constantly answer.

I don't think it means anything and anymore than when numerous other banks quit selling the Dinar. They don't have anymore intel than we do at this time.

I have seen no less than dozens of bank stories and bank rumors over the years I have been in this thing. They mean nothing.

Chapter 7 and HCL are a different story. When I see that happening I will get excited!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, it's just ridiculous to me.

End Quote

Smile.. If you have lived on Planet Earth long enough to be able to understand how the whole system works in this World ... Then you are supposed to know that most things are ridiculous....

hahaha, thanks for the smile Umbertino! smile.gif

• Upvote 1

My wife works at the bank and memo just received at bank says they will no longer sell or buy Dinar. Something is up.

After reading 2 pages, of replies, I had to comment,,,It would do some of you good, to get away from your computer, and get some fresh air,,

"Thank You for your post, I appreciate, the information.".

• Upvote 3

Since 5th 3rd won't buy back dinars they have sold. . .sell them to Ali who posts he will buy them without hesitation at $900!

Wrong. You need to call Dinar Trader. I did today. They advertise $900 a mil but then you find out the take an additional $150 a mil plus shipping which leaves you with not much over $700 a mil.

Ali is back to soak investors and make more money at our expense. No other reason.

I also called GID and they only buy back from previous customers. No one else.

I don't think this is good news for us. Sell back options are dwindling fast.

Edited by frankc
  • Upvote 2

I just spoke with my branch of Fifth Third located near Pittsburgh, PA about 10 minutes ago and they are no longer selling or buying dinars. They took them out of their system…. They got an email from headquarters!!

I wander why? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I just spoke with my branch of Fifth Third located near Pittsburgh, PA about 10 minutes ago and they are no longer selling or buying dinars. They took them out of their system…. They got an email from headquarters!!

I wander why? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

More hassle than its worth to them.

They make enough money operating as a bank without needing their staff and phone lines bogged down with crazy dinar enquiries everyday.

• Upvote 1

UPDATE ------Fifth Third had conference call today and the regional president told all offices that they believe the Dinar is a scam. During the call he said they were not liable for selling a fraudulent item. First its not a scam it is recognized currency. The dinar is being used in all assets of business transactions. Second even if it was a scam those who sold it to us are liable even if they did not know it was a scam. I'm sticking to my guns.....RV this month...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

UPDATE ------Fifth Third had conference call today and the regional president told all offices that they believe the Dinar is a scam. During the call he said they were not liable for selling a fraudulent item. First its not a scam it is recognized currency. The dinar is being used in all assets of business transactions. Second even if it was a scam those who sold it to us are liable even if they did not know it was a scam. I'm sticking to my guns.....RV this month...

Definitely not a scam... As I said earlier my sister and mother both got accounts there specifacly for when it rvs at that time (last October) they said they no longer sold it but would still buy it back! ...and even asked if they wanted to sell it! I'm with you RV this month!!! Thanks so much for the update!

Found this interesting.

When the Iraqi Dinar was introduced in 1932, it was equal to US$4.86. It declined to US$2.80 and remained at this figure till 1971 and subsequently appreciated to US$3.39. The Iraq war led to a fall in the value of the currency in the 1980s to US$3.22, and sustained this exchange rate despite rising debt.

In 2003, after the Saddam Hussein regime was dissolved and the chief combat operations ended, the Iraqi economy suffered major economic distress. This led to the introduction of the new Dinar by the US. At this point, the value of the currency was as low as 1500 Dinars to 1 US dollar. However, during early 2009, the currency appreciated to 1170 Dinars per 1 US dollar.

Iraqi Dinar and US Banks

The SOFA, or Status of Forces Agreement, was proposed in November 2008. The proposal is for the abolishment of the sale of the Iraqi Dinar by banks throughout the world, making the export of the Dinar illegal. The government of Iraq constantly notifies the banking institutions to stop the practice of selling the Iraqi currency.

Benefits of the New Iraqi Dinar

The new Iraqi Dinar was introduced in 2003 with a wider range of currency denominations. This facilitates more convenient local transactions. The new currency is backed by the central government. Moreover, the adoption of a new currency is better than dollarizing the previous currency, since the latter would hurt the Iraqi economy, which depends largely on oil exports. It is beneficial for the Iraqi economy to have a fixed currency that is local with a smaller dollar value.

Dinar Exchange Rate: Historical Lookup

The historical Dinar exchange rates are:

1 IQD =

1998 US$0.00083330

2001 US$0.00050760

2002 US$0.00034290

2004 US$0.00070370

2008 US$0.00081360

• Upvote 1

Seems like a lot of steam being vented here, to what avail?? If you did not overspend, then what's the problem? You believed in it when you bought it, so why worry about selling it. Just set back, dream big dreams and wait. It's a lot of fun if you just enjoy the ride and don't get steamed. You did know this was a gamble right? ;) JMHO...

there fed up bieng bombarded with calls and visits from the OOM followers ready to cash out every monday.[/b]

OKIEOILMAN: PLEASE--NO PHONE CALL'S FROM ANYONE TONIGHT--I DON;T WANT MY PHONE TIED UP

LOL :unsure: PD41

Edited by PD41
  • Upvote 1