Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

40 dinar a day

Speedbump

This is my first post with any site but, I have a friend who is a US border patrol officer. He flew out of Arizona on April 19th for Iraq, on his contract it plainly states that he and his fellow officers will be receiving 40 dinar a day to eat off the local economy. My question is has anyone else heard about this and if there are no lower denominations of dinar why would his contract say that?

I'm ready for the bashing to begin, I've been reading posts here for a couple of years now and that seems to be how it goes.

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post with any site but, I have a friend who is a US border patrol officer. He flew out of Arizona on April 19th for Iraq, on his contract it plainly states that he and his fellow officers will be receiving 40 dinar a day to eat off the local economy. My question is has anyone else heard about this and if there are no lower denominations of dinar why would his contract say that?

I'm ready for the bashing to begin, I've been reading posts here for a couple of years now and that seems to be how it goes.

They prob pay a month at a time which would b 1200 not literally hand them 40 each day

They prob pay a month at a time which would b 1200 not literally hand them 40 each day

I went to GSA site to investigate 'per diem' rates for travel to Iraq. The meals and misc. per diem was in the range of $48 to $54 per day unless staying in military or federal facilities'

GEE< WOULD THAT 4O DINAR BE AN EQUIVALENT AMOUNT TO THE US DOLLAR PER DIEM??? WOULD THAT MEAN 1.20 TO 1.35 CONVERSION RATE PER DINAR??

• Upvote 1

I went to GSA site to investigate 'per diem' rates for travel to Iraq. The meals and misc. per diem was in the range of $48 to $54 per day unless staying in military or federal facilities'

GEE< WOULD THAT 4O DINAR BE AN EQUIVALENT AMOUNT TO THE US DOLLAR PER DIEM??? WOULD THAT MEAN 1.20 TO 1.35 CONVERSION RATE PER DINAR??

I like your thinking! :)

• Upvote 1

See, not everyone gets smacked all the time. All positive for you my friend.

[/quot

So far so good, but the question still remains.....I've been in this investment for 4 years now and this is the first time I've been privy to any information directly related to dinar but I've read as much as I could from all of the sites just never saw this question broached before.

It is interesting considering he was suppose to leave about a month earlier, the Iraqi government put it on hold till they could clear up some paperwork issues. My friend is in Kurdistan now..... I'm waiting on more info from him now.

The State department always pays me in USD. Perhaps because its auto pay, but I doubt it.... Even moreso, I noticed that your friend is a contractor, which may mean he is working for a private company (e.g., Blackwater), who does not in turn is not obligated to use DOD or State Department tables for payment.... I doubt the guy is a GSA civilian, through the State Department, and more likely, given he has a 'contract', is employed by a civilian firm? Half my buddies over there are civilian employees, and they are constantly throwing their huge salaries at me to get me on board...... With that in mind, 40 IQD is not good at all.....Most civilian per diem is about 70ish USD per day on top of pay...... B)