Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bloody George Zimmerman Photo Surfaces

delta22

A newly discovered photograph that claims to show the bloody head of Trayvon Martin's killer taken within two minutes of the shooting, on Friday added a new twist to the racially charged case.

The grainy iPhone shot was obtained by ABC News, which refuses to identify the person who took it and does not say why it has taken nearly eight weeks to be published.

The picture shows blood running from a wound on the back of a shaved head similar to that of George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch captain who has admitted he fired the fatal shot that killed the teen. None of Zimmerman's facial features can be made out in the shot.

"The photo could give credence to Zimmerman's claim that Martin had bashed his head against the concrete as Zimmerman fought for his life," said an article published on ABC's website.

"The exclusive image shows blood trickling down the back of Zimmerman's head from two cuts," the article continued. "It also shows a possible contusion forming on the crown of his head. The original police report that night notes that the back of Zimmerman's head was wet, and that he was bleeding from the nose and head."

Zimmerman, 28, appeared in court in Sanford, Fla., on Friday morning and was granted $150,000 bail. He surprised court onlookers by apologizing to Martin's parents for killing their 17-year-old son as he was returning to his father's house after buying Skittles and Arizona iced tea.

"I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I was," Zimmerman said as he addressed the boy's parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton. "I did not know if he was armed or not,"

The photo is the latest piece of potential evidence that could back Zimmerman's story as he fights charges of second degree murder. The timestamp on it shows it was taken at 7:19 p.m. on Feb. 26, just two minutes after witnesses report hearing a gunshot.

A video of Zimmerman arriving in handcuffs at the station after being arrested did not show any apparent injury to his head.

According to ABC, the person who took the new photo is "asking not to be identified." The network does not even reveal if it is a man or a woman.

The person did not see any scuffle between Zimmerman and Martin, but heard it. "The person recalled seeing Martin's prostrate body on the wet grass and said the gunpowder burns on Martin's gray hoodie were clearly visible," reports ABC.

The photographer also claims that Zimmerman asked them to call his wife, Shellie. "Man, just tell her I shot someone," he allegedly said.

The Martin family's lawyer Benjamin Crump said in a statement that he was skeptical about the new photo. '"How bad could it have been if they didn't take him to the hospital [and] didn't stitch him up?" he asked. "The special prosecutor has seen all the evidence and still believes George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin."

ABC said investigators have seen the photo.

He could be right to have done what he did...

He could be wrong to have done what he did...

Those in Florida and will be part of the jury will make that decision, based on the evidence that is presented to them... As any jury in any jurisdiction would...

I am just glad the story has died down some in the media, so that the people that actually have a voice in how the case pans out don't have to listen to the media BS - and they can focus on the two sides of the case that have far more information on the situation than the media would ever release because it might effect their ratings scale... :lol:

• Upvote 2