Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What's Your favorite Charity for Advertising on DV?

Hi Adam I like wounded warriors a lot, and I truly love all Bill Oreilly has done, he is awesome. That being said Make a wish tugs at my heart strings. I feel sad knowing so many young people don't get the chances we all get before death knocks on there door.

thank you

greg

• Upvote 2

All of the charities mentioned are wonderful charities and I have given to some of them over the years.

However, I would vote for the SPCA, American Humane Society, or any of a multitude of other that help out animals. (Although I am especially in favor of the cat charities of which there are very many). In these times more and more animals are abandoned and left to just just because people can dump them, treat them cruelly, etc.. Since they are so helpless and in need, I would vote for those charities that help the animals.

• Upvote 2

I have read a lot of good ones here & for good reasons.

So I would like to add 2 more to the growing list.

1 Moose charities, they support tow places 1 being Moose Heart which is a child city of orphaned children with eduction & food , so have become doctor,lawyers, finance advisers, attorney & many other things.2they support the elderly in a retirement village & helping to make sure they get the medications & doctors care needed .

the 2nd would be the make a wish foundation where they make a deathly ill child's dream come true. (almost like granting a last request)

Both are good charities & well as the many others I have seen listed I would not want to be the one who would have to pick from all of them as it would be hard to do so & knowing that someones charity did not get pick might cause sadness to them so maybe I could make a suggestion as to give all a chance one month for each until the rv for a chance to give to all even if its only a few hundred for each.

• Upvote 2

It's important to me that my efforts aren't wasted, and it saddens me to hear that the Wounded Warrior Project may not be as efficient as I thought. I honestly only donated to them today because they received so much support from the community last time we did this.

Can anyone verify what percentage goes to the actual WORKS of that company for me? I would greatly appreciate it!

• Upvote 1

Adam, Everyone of the suggestions have been awesome and I would agree with any of them! I do have a soft heart for the Wounded Warriors tho! I agree that without our Warriors, both men & women, we would not have the freedoms that we have today! But, like I said they all are wonderful and worthy of the gift!! I've never told you myself that like so many here I do appreciate all that you do and for information that we can trust! May God bless you Adam!!

I always agree with helping any charity possible from children to retired vets, but one area I have been increasingly touched for is the animal shelters, many children and lonely elderly aquire these pets for companionship, so I would donate for food and vaccines to the animal shelters. Peace!!Love!!Happiness!! :twothumbs:

The charity I would like you to donate to is Tampa Bay Research Institute in 10900 Roosevelt Blvd., Clearwater, FL 33716. They do research on Cancer and Immune diseases and are non-profit in need to donations to progress more with their research. They have a product call Immunextra made from pure pine cones and it is amazing how it helps the immune system. My husband had plasmacytoma cancer 5 yrs. ago and had to have surgery to remove as much as they could followed by 5 week of radiation. Luckily they found it early when he fell and broke his back. Doctors said it would go to multiple myeloma which is deadly. My husband is now cancer free at 5 years and the protein maker is totally gone thanks to the Immunextra. TBRI is also working on a more agressive cancer project. Their website is www.tbri.org and Dr. Akiko Tanaka, PhD. is the president and amazing woman who has spend who whole life researching. Her number is 727-578-1353. Let her know that Joyce referred you and she will be happy to explain the research. It is a well-worth charity to help those in need. Thank you and we all pray for Iraq's RV very soon. We plan on also donating to TBRI when it RVs because we know it saved my husband's life and also treated my 13 yr. German Shepherd who had 4 mastisized breast tumors. Within 5 weeks for giving her the Immunextra, 4 tumors had disapeared and the Vet said she would not die of cancer but of hip displasia! That was true. She lived til 14 3/4 yrs. old.

Adam -

My personal favorites are Wounded Warriors or the Seal Foundation, aloong with Disabled American Vets. These are my 3 of choice to "pay forward"............

Thanks for doing it NOW - I would if I could!!

:rolleyes: catone

The Salvation Army . . . please see following:

Marsha J. Evans, President and CEO of the American Red Cross... salary for year ending 06/30/03 was $651,957 plus expenses.

Brian Gallagher, President of the United Way receives a $375,000 base salary, plus numerous expense benefits.

The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

Thank you Adam . . . this is an awesome gesture!!! :rolleyes:

1. Ron Paul Campaign (save our country)

2 St. Judes Hospital (save our children)

3. Salvation Army Relief (best return for the money)

Lord, please bless us all so we can pitch in and do our part! Amen.

• Upvote 1

Adam, I did a little research and here's what I came up with. The two websites that seem to rate the charities the simplest were:

charitywatch.org and charitynavigator.org

With that said, here's what I came up with. I pulled %'s of their total money on three categories: Program expenses, Administrative expenses and Fundraising expenses. Program expenses is where the "action" is, where they actually spend the money to get things accomplished for their goals. Admin is of course, just what it says (salaries, etc), and Fundraising expenses are what they spend to raise their funds. Here's a quick summary of several of the charities mentioned:

Wounded Warrior Project: Rated: *** out of 4 stars Overall Score 53.37 out of 70

Program expenses - 64.9 %

Administrative - 7.7 %

Fundraising - 27.3 %

American Red Cross: Rated: **** out of 4 stars Overall score 62.24 out of 70

Program expenses - 92.1 %

Administrative - 3.9 %

Fundraising - 3.8 %

Navy Seal Foundation: Rated **** out of 4 stars Overall score 69.34 out of 70

Program expenses - 90.8 %

Adminstrative - 6.8 %

Fundraising - 2.3 %

St Jude's Children's Hospital: Rated **** out of 4 stars Overall score 61.04 out of 70

Program expenses - 73.4 %

Administrative - 9.6 %

Fundraising - 16.9 %

Disable American Veterans - not rated because they are a 501 ©(4) instead of 501©(3) which means they aren't limited to charitable pursuits, can go off into other areas (??)

Salvation Army - Exempt and don't report necessary data in order to be compared

So, with all of the above data, the two top charities are American Red Cross and Navy Seal Foundation. There's alot more data in the websites and it's hard to make a decision just on the %'s that they spend (but it does tell us alot about each charity), but the website has given each an overall score based on alot of other parameters. That seems to be the best way to rate them. So I included their overall score - with 70 being a perfect score. Hope this helps out.

• Upvote 1

Don't know whether you've heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brooks Army Medical Center, in San Antonio, Texas, (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States, especially burn victims. There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot.

The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

I copied this from a Face Book post and thought it WORTHY of being shared here.

• Upvote 5

Very worthy of being shared here, Thank You.

I also saw it several years ago and it is good to get it out there again

Good post

Heck

Don't know whether you've heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brooks Army Medical Center, in San Antonio, Texas, (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States, especially burn victims. There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot.

The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

I copied this from a Face Book post and thought it WORTHY of being shared here.

• Upvote 1

oop's I may, should not have agreed so quick. http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_denzel_fisher_house4.htm and snopes .com say this is mostly false. Danzel did make a sizable contrbution but did not write a check on the spot, almost never has a checkbook with him and doesn't have a son in the military.

So had to least put this out there, sorry

Heck

Very worthy of being shared here, Thank You.

I also saw it several years ago and it is good to get it out there again

Good post

Heck

KIDS MATTER Need funds to keep teens off the streets & teach them a career. Our program also caters to kids with special needs.

The students will be mentored while producing A FAMILY FILM dealing with the same issues they have.

While learning a career the students also are in therapy comparing the characters in the film with themselves.

Check out the purple links above showing some of our students and a snippet of the project the students need funds to complete.

With your help... these students will realize... the BIG SCREEN they thought was only for FAMOUS PEOPLE is...

NOW REACHABLE and ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

• Upvote 1