Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

GA Bill Passed for Welfare Recipients to take Drug Test

attackcat1

Things need to "Level Out" in this society... doing the right thing isn't always convenient.

I wrote to Nathan Deal, Gov of GA, a while back regarding the fact that

it is not fair, when responsible, accountable adults apply for a job, have to take and pass a drug test to get the job, so we can go to work everyday, get a paycheck, of which a portion of that paycheck supports welfare

and the fact that...

people receiving a welfare check do not have to take and pass a drug test in order to get that check.

Doesn't sound like a level playing ground to me? I mean, level playing grounds are what people want right?

Equal opportunity, affirmative action...put things on a level playing field....

That is... as long as there is no accountability...hmmmmm

Obviously, there was an outcry regarding this situation from many of our GA citizens...

I saw on TV last night, that this bill will go into effect on July 1st, but some, are saying it is not constitutional.

Some of these same people love Obummer ..the guy who has ignored our constitution during his entire term! Hopefully, 2013 is the end of an Error!

Hypocritical some? Ya Think???

Opponents are saying that by ordering welfare recipients to take and pass a drug test to receive a check, violates their rights and "profiles" welfare recipients as "druggies"

OK...

So then, level playing field,

When my prospective employer, tells me that in order for me to work and receive a check I must take an pass a drug test; I will protest and say:

"By telling me to take this test, you are profiling people who take on the responsibility of getting up each day, working for 40 plus hours a week - as being a bunch of "druggies". That is unconstitutional. You are violating my rights."

Answer: "That's fine. There's the door".

I am looking forward to see the caliber of the people opposing this law...Last night on TV, the reporter asked random people what they thought about this...

One woman said "It puts an astigmatism on welfare recipients". Alrighty, then...

I didn't know that it causes Vision Problems...my bad!

Plan - move to a tropical island, get away from all the bs. Eat coconuts and pineapples. Go fishing.

But alas...

I Gotta go to work. Wow - work - what a concept!

• Upvote 7

Most of you know that I was a bondsman up until a few months ago. I think any and all government benefits should be stopped when a person commits a crime. Not saying traffic tickets that kind of BS, you would be amazed at how many people, men and women I have gotten out of jail that were arrested for possession of marijuana, poss of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute, etc and they have medicaid and the Lone Star card. Have had several try to pay me with the card.

When you apply for any type of government assistance, you should have to undergo a drug test and background check. If you have been arrested and convicted of either using or distributing, no way do you get a free ride, to free up your day from a job to sell dope. JMHO

If you really want to see our judicial system in action, go work a week for a bondsman. You wil be shocked.

• Upvote 5

I agree. But not only should government assistance recipients have to pass drug screens, I also feel it should also be required for Senators, Congressmen, Mayors, any person who recieves a check from a taxpayer....to also include District Attorneys, Judges, all their staff, police, fire, EMS, PRESIDENTS, ect.

• Upvote 10

Things need to "Level Out" in this society... doing the right thing isn't always convenient.

I wrote to Nathan Deal, Gov of GA, a while back regarding the fact that

it is not fair, when responsible, accountable adults apply for a job, have to take and pass a drug test to get the job, so we can go to work everyday, get a paycheck, of which a portion of that paycheck supports welfare

and the fact that...

people receiving a welfare check do not have to take and pass a drug test in order to get that check.

Doesn't sound like a level playing ground to me? I mean, level playing grounds are what people want right?

Equal opportunity, affirmative action...put things on a level playing field....

That is... as long as there is no accountability...hmmmmm

Obviously, there was an outcry regarding this situation from many of our GA citizens...

I saw on TV last night, that this bill will go into effect on July 1st, but some, are saying it is not constitutional.

Some of these same people love Obummer ..the guy who has ignored our constitution during his entire term! Hopefully, 2013 is the end of an Error!

Hypocritical some? Ya Think???

Opponents are saying that by ordering welfare recipients to take and pass a drug test to receive a check, violates their rights and "profiles" welfare recipients as "druggies"

OK...

So then, level playing field,

When my prospective employer, tells me that in order for me to work and receive a check I must take an pass a drug test; I will protest and say:

"By telling me to take this test, you are profiling people who take on the responsibility of getting up each day, working for 40 plus hours a week - as being a bunch of "druggies". That is unconstitutional. You are violating my rights."

Answer: "That's fine. There's the door".

I am looking forward to see the caliber of the people opposing this law...Last night on TV, the reporter asked random people what they thought about this...

One woman said "It puts an astigmatism on welfare recipients". Alrighty, then...

I didn't know that it causes Vision Problems...my bad!

Plan - move to a tropical island, get away from all the bs. Eat coconuts and pineapples. Go fishing.

But alas...

I Gotta go to work. Wow - work - what a concept!

Neg away!!!! This email is spot on as far as the context with which the citizens of Georgia are making Welfare recipients accountable. The highlighted line above does nothing to enhance the cause. I'm not saying I back President Obama. I am simply stating how a message can be lost by adding a political agenda. This is about the people of Georgia....the President had nothing to do with this Bill. Congratulations to Georgia for getting it right would have been sufficient. As always, just my opinion....an unpopular one....but my opinion, nonetheless. <_<

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Test them all. The laws today are merely written for lawyers. This "law" will earn a few good lawyers millions of dollars in court battles. Meantime, no one will be tested and the law will evevtually be withdrawn or ammended so it has less teeth than it does now. I love the idea but there are too many lawyers licking thier chops to jump on the bandwagon to "help" an un fairly tested client and wind up getting the client a big payday along with big lawyers fees. Yes, I have a littie thing against lawyers. <_<

I agree. But not only should government assistance recipients have to pass drug screens, I also feel it should also be required for Senators, Congressmen, Mayors, any person who recieves a check from a taxpayer....to also include District Attorneys, Judges, all their staff, police, fire, EMS, PRESIDENTS, ect.

Marion Berry comes to mind......that worked out well. ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

I think it's a great law, and totally constitutional. Nobody has to apply for welfare. That's a choice.

I don't think it should apply to Social Security benefits, but I think that's the only thing I wouldn't require it for.

Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Housing Assistance...what else is there?

All of these and more already do have to take backround checks and drug tests some even have to take polygraph tests as well!

It should be a blanket policy across the nation...To receive ANY assistance form any City, State, or Government organization, one MUST have a CLEAN DRUG report!!!

Totally AGREE 1000%!

All of these and more already do have to take backround checks and drug tests some even have to take polygraph tests as well!

True...But when they are in their positions, they revert back to a scene from "Animal House"!

• Upvote 1

Totally agree with this law.

Cant believe it has taken so long to come to the forefront..

I work in the banking system & watch these free loaders come in with our money all day long.. I go home & scream..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

I agree!

In Florida they passed a similar law with similar protests. It started as a huge success! From July - October 2011 they only had 32 people fail the test out of over 7,000, though 1600 others refused to take the test (I wonder why?). The ACLU now has the law in court. http://www.politifact.com/florida/promises/scott-o-meter/promise/600/require-drug-screening-for-welfare-recipients/