Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD RV not a priority!

Luigi1

From another site...

IQD Issue No Longer A Priotity.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:10pm EDT

* Cabinet says stops plans to redenominate dinar "until further notice"

* Iraq has over 30 trillion Iraqi dinars in circulation

* Plan to trim zeros not seen as a priority

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/12/iraq-currency-idUSL3E8FC8G120120412

Read more...See link below....

• Upvote 2

Iraq should be burnt down by now.

The powers that be may not tollerate any more delays. I believe the pressure will be on Iraq to get 'er done.

C7 & IMF re-enterance still are not done. Iraq needs this to happen. I won't happen without the RV. Iraq cannot attract investors or big contracts without a RV.

well that puts a damper on the day

Yup. Don't shoot me yet. I'm just the messenger.

Let's hope this is just smoke coming out of Iraq in preparation of the RV.

• Upvote 1

The other news contains Chapter VII issues being worked on, part of Chapter VII release and W.T.O. full member is to have a Transparent World Trade-able Currency.

I do believe Iraq needs all Chapter VII matters to be cleared up in a timely manner to each other, until Chapter VII release any Monetary/Currency Change would be useless but is a key issue that will have to dealt with to achieve their goals. Looking at the outstanding issues and the statement of "putting a hold on a currency change" falls in line with this scenario. In my opinion the R.V. cannot happen until all the political Chapter VII release issues have been dealt with. An R.V is imminent, this political mess as far as I can see is not hampering the OIL Production which is the highest in Iraq's history. Chapter VII release and International Recognition would cause a positive rush of Foreign Investment into the country and would further stimulate the economical situation.

• Upvote 4

The powers that be may not tollerate any more delays. I believe the pressure will be on Iraq to get 'er done.

C7 & IMF re-enterance still are not done. Iraq needs this to happen. I won't happen without the RV. Iraq cannot attract investors or big contracts without a RV.

Yup. Don't shoot me yet. I'm just the messenger.

Let's hope this is just smoke coming out of Iraq in preparation of the RV.

If I were getting ready to revalue my currency, this is exactly the type of press release I would be putting out...........Just saying......

Good answer. There may be some truth to it.

I dont see a problem once again. doesn't matter if they are stopping removal of 0's in fact it's good. means a straight RV not redom.

Go Rv

Just curious. Could this mean the entire RV?

The other news contains Chapter VII issues being worked on, part of Chapter VII release and W.T.O. full member is to have a Transparent World Trade-able Currency.

I do believe Iraq needs all Chapter VII matters to be cleared up in a timely manner to each other, until Chapter VII release any Monetary/Currency Change would be useless but is a key issue that will have to dealt with to achieve their goals. Looking at the outstanding issues and the statement of "putting a hold on a currency change" falls in line with this scenario. In my opinion the R.V. cannot happen until all the political Chapter VII release issues have been dealt with. An R.V is imminent, this political mess as far as I can see is not hampering the OIL Production which is the highest in Iraq's history. Chapter VII release and International Recognition would cause a positive rush of Foreign Investment into the country and would further stimulate the economical situation.

Maybe things will heat up after C7 removal.

If in fact the postponement of the deletion of three zero's was the plan, meaning a re domination this is great news for us. Which I might add is exactly what this article clip states.

I hope you are correct.

• Upvote 1

They are a bunch of psycho circus clowns over there.

Me thinks nobody over there really knows whats going on!

JUST PUSH THE FREAKING BUTTON ALREADY!!!! angry.gif

Now vote...damn it...vote.

O my friend its a BIG priority dont let all the smoke fill your lungs!! its time to RV!!!!!!!!!!!!tongue.gif

Go RV. Let's party.

Luigi, I think it will be conservative for now. I would love a larger RV, but if they have so many dinars wondering around the universe, it would make better business sense to go slow, small RV but enough to bring some of the dinar in and profit from it.

I'll take a gradual float to 1 to 1. It may take longer to get there than a actual RV but it's better than nothing at all.

• Upvote 1

Hey DV Family. I've been woking hard and unable to chat, however, I have been keeping up. Iraq's newest scenario is similar to a toddler saying, " No, I don't have to Potty" and end up wetting his/her pants! This RV is too important not to happen. Perhaps this means ;less talk and more action on their part!!! Adam, what do you think?

Now vote...damn it...vote.

Go RV. Let's party.

I'll take a gradual float to 1 to 1. It may take longer to get there than a actual RV but it's better than nothing at all.

At this point I am very happy they are stopping the process. What is a possible scenario are two different approaches to put the dinar in the drivers seat. CBI wants to redominate then bring the dinar up in its exchange rate, Parliement/Maliki wants to RV and

then probably change out the currency.

To be quite honest Iraqs biggest opportunity was when the US was there. Things were more stable for most part. Perhaps Maliki told them to wait, until the US was out and Iraq could have her coming out party. But then things went foul quickly.

Many things have occurred which has been to our advantage. CBI could not keep the dinar stable with the dollar. Counterfeiting, ghost banks, and an antiquated banking system. And now inflation is on the march, as the tariffs will be coming home soon.

• Upvote 1

Hey DV Family. I've been woking hard and unable to chat, however, I have been keeping up. Iraq's newest scenario is similar to a toddler saying, " No, I don't have to Potty" and end up wetting his/her pants! This RV is too important not to happen. Perhaps this means ;less talk and more action on their part!!! Adam, what do you think?

The RV may be imminent as soon as the GOI is passed which could be any day. Just my two cents worth.

Claims to prevent GOI from “overtaking” the CBI; Committee members says asking CBI to wait to lift zeros unacceptable.

13-04-2012 11:11 AM

Demanded that the parliamentary Economic Committee on Thursday, the House of Representatives to prevent the government from the ‘excess’ on the work of the Central Bank, arguing that the decision taken by the wait to lift the zeros of the Iraqi currency is not within its powers, while confirming that the bank is the reference of Parliament.

A member of the Economic Commission Mahma Khalil told the ‘News Sumerian’, ‘beyond the Government on the powers of the Central Bank through the decision taken by the patient to raise zeros from the currency is unacceptable ‘, noting that’ attempts to recent intervention work of the bank and link it caused confusion in the his work ‘.

He said Khalil, a deputy from the Kurdistan Alliance, that ‘this is the impact on the citizen’s confidence in Iraqi currency, which led to the high exchange rate of dollar against Us Iraqi dinar ‘.

• Upvote 2

Just a thought or two........

Didn't the powers that be in the Arab summit discuss the possibility of restarting the plans for a united Arab currency?

If this is back on the table, and there will be a new "Arab" currency, Iraq wouldn't want to spend the money coming out with a new currency now, just to have it cast aside soon with the new Arab currency.

For all the Arab countries to join this united currency, their currency has to revalue gradually up to meet the others. All the countries that take part would need to have approximately the same value

at the time of the currency replacement.

The news that they are dropping the plans for their new currency dropping the zeros is VERY GOOD. If it is a definite plan to have a unified Arab currency, we will be there for the ride!

• Upvote 2

At this point I am very happy they are stopping the process. What is a possible scenario are two different approaches to put the dinar in the drivers seat. CBI wants to redominate then bring the dinar up in its exchange rate, Parliement/Maliki wants to RV and

then probably change out the currency.

To be quite honest Iraqs biggest opportunity was when the US was there. Things were more stable for most part. Perhaps Maliki told them to wait, until the US was out and Iraq could have her coming out party. But then things went foul quickly.

Many things have occurred which has been to our advantage. CBI could not keep the dinar stable with the dollar. Counterfeiting, ghost banks, and an antiquated banking system. And now inflation is on the march, as the tariffs will be coming home soon.

Great response. Agree about missed opportunities to get 'er done.

Didn't the powers that be in the Arab summit discuss the possibility of restarting the plans for a united Arab currency?

If this is back on the table, and there will be a new "Arab" currency, Iraq wouldn't want to spend the money coming out with a new currency now, just to have it cast aside soon with the new Arab currency.

For all the Arab countries to join this united currency, their currency has to revalue gradually up to meet the others. All the countries that take part would need to have approximately the same value

The news that they are dropping the plans for their new currency dropping the zeros is VERY GOOD. If it is a definite plan to have a unified Arab currency, we will be there for the ride!

This may tie in to the Arab Summit's schedule. There has been too much progress made to drop the ball right now.

This may tie in to the Arab Summit's schedule. There has been too much progress made to drop the ball right now.

• Upvote 1