Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The News We Have Been Waiting For

dinarck

But my point was that any long term appreciation of the dinar is independent (just financially speaking) of whether they RD or do not RD. The RD is revenue neutral. Long term appreciation is about the value of the money supply (not changed by an RD) versus their GDP. If they RD there may be additional logistical issues, like how long will the current IQD be exchangeable and will it be exchangeable anywhere other than dealers with their big margins. But ignoring those potential logistical issues (which migh be serious) if the new-dinar appreciates over that ten year period, so will the IQD since the rate between the two is locked. Of course long term appreciation is by no means certain.

So is it the logistical issues you are concerned about? Or is there some other reason you think an RD would inhibit long term appreciation of the (new) dinar?

I only want the IQD to appreciate in its hyperinflated state. If they RD (and they probably will sooner or later) then we have really no way of making any money. Yeah if they RD and then go to 2 USD then we double our money but like you are saying, maybe not. Maybe we will be forced to exchange (if we are even able to) at a major loss of dealer spread. I think you can agree that a RD isnt what we want. If we are allowed to hold the IQD that we have for ten years post RD then what? Say the new IQD goes to 2 USD then the old IQD goe sto what around 600? Whoopty doo. There is really no money to be made in this senerio. Even if it went to 3 USD then we are barely getting to .01. My math maybe off here but I dont want a RD period. I would rather see .10 or .15 or even more in twenty years without a RD. Obviously I think a RD is still likely but I hope not. Even if we were allowed to hold our dinar for another 10 years post RD I wouldn't. I will sell at whatever loss I have to take the day the RD occurs and walk away. It may sound like I am greedy here but I simply wont wait around for ten years to make a few grand. Not gonna happen.

I am in dire straits financially in this period so if it doesn't RV reasonably soon ( end of 2012 / beginning of 2013) I'll have to sell a part of my holdings.. Hopefully not all...

I tried and were able to resist until now ( bought in 2004) but it won't be long till I have to sell.

It remains to be seen if I'll be able to sell, too.

I am sorry to hear that umbertino. If worse comes to worse I think Dinar Banker will buy them. It would be at a loss but would be needed money quickly. I guess I am fortunate that I really dont need the money at this point but if I did you could bet that I would sell in a heartbeat. If you have to dump some then dont beat yourself up about it. We win some we lose some and I am sure in the near future you will improve your financial position and if you are still intrested you could purchase more dinar. Hopefully at a reasonable price of course. Hold your head up my friend.

I'm new to this area of the form,but just wondering,has anyone ever asked via a poll how long people are planning to wait on this investment? I guess if you bought a couple hundred dollars worth, then you could stick it in your cookie jar and just wait it out and 20 years from now, use it as cat litter. But I'm assuming some folks have bought thousands if not tens of thousands, so how long do they plan on waiting this out? Would another 10 years be prudent?

Just asking.

Thanks! :)

No RD.........Till the day I die.

RD...............The day of the RD.

• Upvote 1

I am sorry to hear that umbertino. If worse comes to worse I think Dinar Banker will buy them. It would be at a loss but would be needed money quickly. I guess I am fortunate that I really dont need the money at this point but if I did you could bet that I would sell in a heartbeat. If you have to dump some then dont beat yourself up about it. We win some we lose some and I am sure in the near future you will improve your financial position and if you are still intrested you could purchase more dinar. Hopefully at a reasonable price of course. Hold your head up my friend.

uote]

Thanks.....Appreciate the advice and support.

It doesn't defy comprehension when youre aware of the fact that Iraq has an M2 of around 70 trillion and Afghanistan has an M2 of Around 250 billion. It's not what each currency unit is worth, it's what the TOTAL is worth, and Iraq has about THREE HUNDRED TIMES as much currency in circulation as Afghanistan.

I was wondering if someone was going to bring that up.

It is the valuation of the IQD thats in question.

A question for you - Would you prefer to have (US equivalent) 10k of Afghanistan money or 10k of IQD. and why?

Is the IQD undervalued or not? If its not then a RV is out the window and most here are just waisting there time in delusion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was wondering if someone was going to bring that up.

It is the valuation of the IQD thats in question.

A question for you - Would you prefer to have (US equivalent) 10k of Afghanistan money or 10k of IQD. and why?

Is the IQD undervalued or not? If its not then a RV is out the window and most here are just waisting there time in delusion.

I'd prefer not to have either.

Its not undervalued, and that is precisely what they're doing. In fact, Iraqis think that 1166 is OVER valued. What makes it so you understand their economy and currency so much better than they do? Listening to Breitling every morning?

Who knows how much and how fast it will rise, but -

I do not expect it to RV like many do, in one hit, but instead rapidly rise under Bull market pressure, when the IQD does undergo a deliberate market correction helped on by big oil and a removal from sanctions which should occur in June.

Many many countries have much more debt, have no way out to pay it back but have a vastly higher valued dollar.

Iraq is effectively borrowing to invest in their oil infrastructure unlike many other countries who borrow just to pay interest to service a ever growing mountain of debt that they are never likely to get out of. Iraq will most likely always have debt if they want to press forward hard. But its good debt and can be paid off at will. ( not considering War debt here)

Compare Iraq's situation with many developed countries and the dollar value comparison doesnt make any sense.

The Iraq govt can behave without wisdom for years but as long as the oil ministry keeps a determination to pump oil then the big consortium's contracts will increase the IQD for Iraq and help bring prosperity to the nation.

For the benefit of Iraq there has to be a significant correction soon after the sanctions are off and the increased oil flow shows a big future growth curve to support it.

Even Afghanistan has a much better exchange rate at 50-1 which defies comprehension in comparison to Iraq. What do they produce ? Basket case of a country but their dollar is over 20 times more valuable :blink:

Regarding loping and zeros- Loping has never made any sense to me or to achieve what the Iraq govt want to do, but they will have to remove some zeros at some point as the currency grows in value.

I do not believe that any precedence will be found to what will happen to Iraq shortly, except maybe Kuwait . One thing is reasonably certain is that big valuation shifts in short spaces of time can create volatility, especially in a likely Bull market and that is what I am expecting in the near future, after June.

I can see the IQD being very popular and in big demand once momentum and intention kicks in and this should reverse the slide against the US it is currently facing through unusual demand for unusual reasons for the US currency.

So hang onto your hats I reckon we are in for a bumpy but exciting ride. B)

I like your apples to orange comparison.

A lot of countries have a lot of debt, but their currency remains strong.

Iraq is acquiring some debt, but it is paving the way to their bright future.

As their infrastructures are rebuilt to a proper level, they'll be in quite a 'boom' mode. -

As I think the GOI tries to fiddle w/in the CBI in regards to the value of the currency, we may see some movement in the near future.

The CBI may in a sense, fold to the GOI, in an attempt to meet their request and not have to worry about a coup so to speak. This is just a thought of something that "may" occur. Because, if the CBI stonewalls, I am sure the GOI would take stronger measures. So it may be a give/take situation. Now with the market value of the dinar while the USD is leaving their own market, extra precautions have to occur.

In time we will tell.. As the next page of the dinar turns.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd prefer not to have either.

Its not undervalued, and that is precisely what they're doing. In fact, Iraqis think that 1166 is OVER valued. What makes it so you understand their economy and currency so much better than they do? Listening to Breitling every morning?

Hmmm My question would be to you, what are you doing on the site if you think its all a waist of time. seems a bit a pointless.

I have been looking fairly intently at this Iraq situation for over 2 years and am confidant that there will be a change in about 4-5 months.

Wisdom will be proven by the outcome. If we were wise or not will be revealed. But, you cannot say otherwise as an absolute truth until proven. And nor can I.

So, lets have a little respect and how about I put a time on it for you to say that I am delusional and waisting my time. Lets say by sept this year.

Then let us see which of us has been waisting their time or also maybe incorrect, at least up until that point. I will accept your criticism then. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Compare Iraq's situation with many developed countries and the dollar value comparison doesnt make any sense.

From everything I have read, Iraq is considered to be a 'developing country' and not a 'developed country'...

Wouldn't trying to make comparisons between 'developed countries' and a 'developing country' be like comparing apples to oranges?

• Upvote 2