Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Morning Leg Cramps

pattyangel

Have you ever been awaken from a dead sleep with a leg cramp or one of your toes. This has been happening to me quiet a lot, and it drives me crazy. The medicine that I take causes this to happen. So my oncologist recommended Magnesium, to help relieve these crazy cramps.

I feel like I'm doing the Elaine dance. Enjoy :D

• Upvote 3

Ms. Patty: Usually leg cramps are the result of an insufficient amount of normally either sodium or potassium in the body. They usually manifest themselves first in your calves. This is especially true if you take a diuretic ( a medicine that makes you pee) such as Lasix or the generic version is furosemide. The "old school" remedy is to eat bananas and cucumbers, or you can even drink some gatorade. Beside what your doc told you to take, (I'd never go against a doctor). This should help you some, hope you feel better soon. :)

• Upvote 4

Have you ever been awaken from a dead sleep with a leg cramp or one of your toes. This has been happening to me quiet a lot, and it drives me crazy. The medicine that I take causes this to happen. So my oncologist recommended Magnesium, to help relieve these crazy cramps.

blink.gif... Good Lawd...you can bust a move...I just can't figure out if your possessed by an alien or having a toe cramp???? emot-LMAO.gif

I occasionally get severe cramps in my calves... some call them "Charlie horses"... I just haven't figured out why Charlie's horse's wanna run over my legs??? unsure.gifrolleyes.gif

Seriously though ... I too have found sodium helps... best in the form of sea salt though, not processed salt.wink.gif

• Upvote 1

Ms. Patty: Usually leg cramps are the result of an insufficient amount of normally either sodium or potassium in the body. They usually manifest themselves first in your calves. This is especially true if you take a diuretic ( a medicine that makes you pee) such as Lasix or the generic version is furosemide. The "old school" remedy is to eat bananas and cucumbers, or you can even drink some gatorade. Beside what your doc told you to take, (I'd never go against a doctor). This should help you some, hope you feel better soon. :)

cajunrescuemedic

I'm on Tamoxifen for about another year, can't wait to get off it. I do eat healthy, I do load up on the bananas and everything to rid these cramps, but the Magnesium seems to work best. Thanks for your advice most helpful.

blink.gif... Good Lawd...you can bust a move...I just can't figure out if your possessed by an alien or having a toe cramp???? emot-LMAO.gif

I occasionally get severe cramps in my calves... some call them "Charlie horses"... I just haven't figured out why Charlie's horse's wanna run over my legs??? unsure.gifrolleyes.gif

Seriously though ... I too have found sodium helps... best in the form of sea salt though, not processed salt.wink.gif

RodandStaff you have such a wonderful sense of humor, Sea Salt, keeping that in mind. Thanks

• Upvote 1

these cramps are very painful, besides waking you from a dead sleep and lasting sometimes from 30 to 45 minutes, this fear of it happening can make bedtime a dread....I know, as I suffer this also. My body does not produce the potassium or distribute it to my body properly...I have been in the hospital and had potassium IVS for this very reason......I take 550mg of Potassium Gluconate "everyday" and dri9nk atleast 32 ozs. of water...32ozs is the least amount...The more water the better chance that a cramp will not occur during the night.....Hope you can get a handle on this Pattyangle as in my case it only worsened the longer I waited to seek a solution.

Patty, like Cajancuemedic advised...do this under a doctors care...My Dr. had me on different mg for quite sometime before we settled on this 550 mg...Perhaps he will give me a smaller dosage next time...I'm very pleased right now as my cramps are far and few in between and the intensity of pain is a 2-3 instead of the 12-15 that was so unbearable

Edited by learning all i can
  • Upvote 1

Oh Yes, my Potassium was very low... You can take a daily supplement and eat things high in Potassium..Like Bananas etc..

• Upvote 1

Dr. Oz says to use a few ounces of pickle juice. He said it is well known by coaches and has had scientific testing. After drinking, he said it takes 85 seconds for the body to respond. He said it has something to do with possible the stomach and that the medical field does not understand yet why it works.

I have had muscle cramping in my feet, legs, hands, and back since I was a teen, but I've got it pretty much under control or I can quickly take care of it. My miracle cure is Dolomite. You can't find it in the stores any longer, but it is on the Internet. Tablets.

• Upvote 1

My grandmother was taking Quinine for this and when I found out how dangerous it was (quinine) I started doing a little research for natural remedies for her.......we tried several things and the one thing that worked well was putting a bar of Ivory soap under her flat sheet, it stays right at her calf level and has worked well for her for a couple of years now.......if she starts feeling a cramp she just moves her leg near the bar of soap..........I know it sounds crazy but it works...

• Upvote 1

Dr. Oz says to use a few ounces of pickle juice. He said it is well known by coaches and has had scientific testing. After drinking, he said it takes 85 seconds for the body to respond. He said it has something to do with possible the stomach and that the medical field does not understand yet why it works.

I have had muscle cramping in my feet, legs, hands, and back since I was a teen, but I've got it pretty much under control or I can quickly take care of it. My miracle cure is Dolomite. You can't find it in the stores any longer, but it is on the Internet. Tablets.

kath did he specify what kind of pickle juice? I would certainly be interested in trying this remedy. and do you drink it immediately as it is happening or do you have a nip every day.

It did look like a dill pickle jar. As someone suggested, be careful towards the sugar. It is just something I heard today, not a solution I think. Dolomite is wonderful. It does have minerals in it.

I've used it for over 45 years. These are a few referrals from a website. Oh, I also have TMJ. Helps that also.

Use Dolomite for Leg Cramps

My mother was able to throw away all of her prescription medications for her leg cramps, which she dealt with for many painful years due to your wonder product, Dolomite!! Thank You

by Donna

Dolomite a Natural Relaxer

Your Natural Dolomite, five tablets taken daily, came through for me when I was diagnosed with TMJ and night-time tooth clenching. I spent a full year of indergoing treatments every 3 weeks that resulted in nothing more than trading off one type of pain and suffering for another. I could not chew my food, and I was becoming crazy from the constant pain. The doctor admitted that the treatments were not working and told me I would have to take a muscle relaxer the rest of my life. I call and was told that I needed to try the Dolomite. Immediately, it began to work great im my system. One month of Dolomite and I was eating properly with only slight soreness in my teeth. After three months of taking Dolomite I have no more pain. Even tooth sensitivity is a rare experience for me now. This product gave me back my sanity, the ability to eat well, enjoy life, and my belief in a brighter future than my diagnosis had allowed. Thank you for being there for me.

by Teresa

Dolomite and Ulcers

I had purchased a bottle of your Dolomite tablets to put more calcium in my diet. I had been having trouble with chronic pain in the top of my stomach, and after talking with my doctor had made an appointment to come in and have him check for what he was certain an ulcer. In the meantime, I had started taking the Dolomite. By the time my appointment came, I was no longer having any trouble with my stomach! I thank God I saw your ad and sent for the Dolomite. I will certainly tell others about your fine products.

by Emily

Dolomite and Arthritis

I have noticed a marked difference in the arthritic condition of my hands since using your products, and I have only been using half the suggested amount of Dolomite. I have used a good calcium product and vitamins before, but they didn't seem to help my arthritis. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha......that's a funny visual. Drink lots of fluids and make sure to double check your Christmas card before mailing them out Elaine. ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@Learning....you have to be careful with pickle juice if you have any problems with your sugar level, diabetes or such.....it will bottom it out if you're not careful......but if your sugar is okay any pickle juice will work...

bama, thankyou for bringing this to my attention..Fortunately, outside of a very low Potassium level with out meds and hormone replacement due to a complete hysterectomy at a early age, I am very healthy....OH btw, I quit smoking Jan 6 of this year and I have gained 25 lbs which makes me pretty grouchy.(not the not smoking, but the weight gain makes me grouchy/hateful) So, trading one bad habit for another is not so healthy but I'm not willing to take a pill for grouchiness/hatefulness YET. If it persist, I suppose I will have to break down and seek medical help. rolleyes.giflol.......atleast thats what my husband says laugh.gif. just kiiding, he seems to still love me...no, I don't know why!!!!!

Kath, thank you for the info...I will talk to the dr about this med, the next visit..Again, I appreciate your time....barb

This is all new to me and I'm trying to comprehend this whole ordeal. I for one was an all around healthy person and then hit with my illness.

Question...Is this something I will have to deal with for the rest of my life? I know it can be control but will it ever go away. I just want it to go away. Its not just my legs, toes, my hands hurt to. :(

This is all new to me and I'm trying to comprehend this whole ordeal. I for one was an all around healthy person and then hit with my illness.

Question...Is this something I will have to deal with for the rest of my life? I know it can be control but will it ever go away. I just want it to go away. Its not just my legs, toes, my hands hurt to. :(

My cholesterol medication used to make my hips hurt. I asked my Dr. for an alternative one. It took him a couple of tries, but he finally figured it out. Maybe yours could do the same. ;)

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I used to have this problem.

It went away when I started using Himalayan Sea Salt (Celtic Sea Salt too) medicinally and making sure I was hydrated.

My naturopath recommends (for me) using at least 1 1/2 tsp of whole mineral sea salt every day. It is very low in sodium, and is not contraindicated for high blood pressure or other conditions.

Refined salt is as bad for you as refined sugar, and causes all kinds of problems that creep up slowly and tank your health.

• Upvote 2

I have osteoarthritis and a bone spur on my knee (from years of ballet gymnastics and dance classes) I thought for sure I had pseudo gout. I finally went to my doctor and found out through X-Rays that the bone-spur sits on the right side of my knee cap. My doctor gave me a prescription called Vimova, a naproxen. I took the medication for one month then went searching for a homeopathic alternative. This is what I came up with. I can't say enough about what it has done to change my life and the amount of constant pain I was in. On a scale of 1-10, my pain was a 11. I am at a 0-1 now.

Omega 3, 6, and 9 - You can purchase these supplements all together. I don't believe that there are any downsides to this supplement, and I have studied EFA (essential fatty acids) benefits in detail as a homeopathic treatment for a multitude of ailments.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/benefits-of-omega-3-6-9-fatty-acids/

The use of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, and organic honey is a wonderful health aid in helping to maintain the body's vital acid-alkine balance. Read the Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar book. – Gabriel Cousens, M.D., Author of Conscious Eating and Spiritual Nutrition. You know what they say, "A apple a day, keeps the doctor away".

On the chance that you are having a little toddy before bedtime, this will increase the chances of leg cramps while sleeping. Drink plenty of fluids before bed, and hope you feel better. ~wiz~

• Upvote 1

Yes I've had these same problems in the past and I believe it was because I use to not do different stretching that help prevent this and many other things from happening.Everyone should take a multi V. 2 a day and stretch your body 3 times a week.You'll be amazed at how much healthier I'll feel.

I have had cramps in my feet and toes. But if I take Emergen-C, I don't. It is inexpensive, has tons of minerals and vitamins in it and is packaged in individual packets that you can throw in your purse or pocket and drink thru the day. I like the raspberry flavor you mix it with 4-6 oz of water and it is great. Especially after working out or working in the yard.

I gave my horseshoer and the guy putting up our fence and they told me it was way better than gatorade and was almost instantaneous. Has 200mg of Potassium and 60mg of magnesium

Thanks members for your feedback. Lot's of great idea's, I will sure touch base on all your suggestions and websites.

Okay I have....Bananas, cucumbers, gatorade, sea salt (not process), tonic water w/quinine, Potassium supplements, Dolomite, Emergen-C and an Ivory soap bar (thanks Bamagirl), multi Vitamin, stretching, Omega 3,6,9, organic apple cider and organic honey, change of medicine, oh and magnesium.

I'm staying on top of this. This is a very frustrating pain for anyone to have. ;)