Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq to receive Boeing jets by end of 2012

k98nights

12/04/2012 11:55

BAGHDAD, April 12 (AKnews) - Iraq will receive 40 U.S. manufactured Boeing fighter jets by end of this year.

The Iraqi government announced today a deal worth of $5.9bn (IQD) for purchasing 40 jets from American Boeing (both Boeing 738 and 787) and 10 jets from Canadian Bombardier.

In December, the Ministry of Transportation will deliver the fleet of Boeing aircraft, deputy minister Kareem al-Nouri said.

He added the Ministry is now training personnel who will operate and work with the jets.

By Haidar Ibrahim

LH/SS/AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/301173/

• Upvote 1

Iraq will receive 40 U.S. manufactured Boeing fighter jets by end of this year.

The Iraqi government announced today a deal worth of $5.9bn (IQD) for purchasing 40 jets from American Boeing (both Boeing 738 and 787) and 10 jets from Canadian Bombardier.

Don't think I have ever seen a Boeing 738 or 787 Fighter Jet! lol...

Iraq will receive 40 U.S. manufactured Boeing fighter jets by end of this year.

Don't think I have ever seen a Boeing 738 or 787 Fighter Jet! lol...

You have a point... hahahahaha! It's a 737

AIR_737_SIGINT_Flying_lg.jpg

Armed-Airlines.jpg

12/04/2012 11:55

BAGHDAD, April 12 (AKnews) - Iraq will receive 40 U.S. manufactured Boeing fighter jets by end of this year.

In December, the Ministry of Transportation will deliver the fleet of Boeing aircraft, deputy minister Kareem al-Nouri said.

He added the Ministry is now training personnel who will operate and work with the jets.

By Haidar Ibrahim

LH/SS/AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/301173/

Great News! One thing though... Is that IQD or USD?

If USD it sounds right!

If IQD it SOUNDS FREAKING GREAT! Because 5.9bn IQD won't buy that many planes... IMO

Great News! One thing though... Is that IQD or USD?

If USD it sounds right!

If IQD it SOUNDS FREAKING GREAT! Because 5.9bn IQD won't buy that many planes... IMO

I was wondering if anyone had done the math on that....GOOOOOOOOOO RVVVVVVVVV !!! :lol:

You have a point... hahahahaha! It's a 737

AIR_737_SIGINT_Flying_lg.jpg

Armed-Airlines.jpg

well I guess this is the new "Puff the Magic Dragon" aircraft :lol: :lol: :lol:

Armed-Airlines.jpg

So much for flying the friendly sky's!!!ohmy.gif Well, on second thought... if they equipped all their commercial jets like this they wouldn't need many fighter planes then would they? rolleyes.gif

Seriously though... hosting the Summit, flights restored from Kuwait... now this!!! I would say things are "starting" to return to a sense of normalcy... now if they would just normalize their freaking currency! dry.gif

Thanks for the post Woody!wink.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!cool.gif