Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Reveals the source for "news": Maliki wants Anbuge appointed governor of the Central Bank

yota691

Where the f--- is keep to help us with this!!!

Reading the directions on the diaper box while his wife across the room telling him not to read to much into the directions. Oh the humanity. :lol:

Just kidding Keep. Tho you may be changing diapers at this moment. :P remember not hover. ;)

• Upvote 1

If Shabbs walks, Maliki will be that much closer to consolidating power. This would make Iraq the economic power house for Iran (Military/nuclear, and don't forget about the religious led government) and Syria (Chem-Bio). Not a good combination. If Shabbs walks, I'm going to cash out as quick as possible and live to fight another day. If Maliki gets one of his cronies in control of the CBI, it'll look like the exact reversal of the Saddam era only this time it will favor Shia.

Shabibi has said - - Seat the government and I will increase the value of the currency. All Maliki needs to do is to implement Erbil and Shabs will act. Seems to me that Shabs is trying to prevent another dictator by forcing, through monitory policy, Maliki to make good on his own promises.

• Upvote 3

It would make the most sense: Shabbs would desire a R/D over a R/V because it keeps a stable rate, inflation low, etc. all while keeping his credibility of doing a good job. That is probably how he sees it, while Maliki and some of the government likely desire to see a rise in the value because it represents success, more buying power, etc. It also may gain respect from the people while creating more faith in the domestic currency.

If we should desire to be a fan of any particular group, it would be in favor us to be a fan of the greedy group. They likely wish the same results we do.

It could very well be that Shabs & Maliki desire the same thing, but the difference is that Maliki is announcing what he desires while Shabbs is stating something entirely different for the sake of protecting speculation.

I am sure Shabbs isn't telling Maliki all that he plans to do, etc. But who knows, we don't know what goes on in those back door meetings

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

this guy maliki will stop at nothing. shabibi will not and for our sakes i hope he doesn't revalue under the power of a dictator. that could mean bad things for us folks. this would mean that all of iraq's wealth would be property of the dictator. good luck getting him to give you anything for what you hold in your safe deposit boxes.

so we are seeing maliki's final attempt at retaining power. he is attacking the central bank, an entity that the government has no power over. if he is able to pull it off, he will hold all executive, military and financial power of iraq. he will in essence become the next sadaam.

the best to us all.

• Upvote 1

I just went to the link and all the news on that page is from April 10,2012. Joe..................are you saying that this is nothing new, that Maliki wanted Shabbs out all along? I remember that last year Maliki wanted more control over the CBI.

Yeah, I think Joe there had a flashback, because Maliki did do it last year too. This is another attempt. It's all over the news.

I really think, both want the best for their country = RV. The argument is about the rate. Shabs is sticking to $1.00 and Maliki wants and RI of $3.22! :D

NO they don't want the same thing at all. Maliki wants to control all of Iraq including the CBI. Shabibi wants to do his job and to bring the proud folks of Iraq back to their rightful place in the world.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i want shabbs out to, maliki wants to rv, and shabbs doesnt want to, i am wearing my team maliki shirt.....

I'm with ya on the club T-shirt Sonny! Everything I read and distill says this is likely the team color best suited to the RV :D

• Upvote 3

Maliki wants power .....and money equals power....shabs on the other hand is an economist who is only concerned about stats and numbers. since the numbers arent good im going with maliki.....rv the currency, ill cash out and maliki can do whatever he wants..

I don't want it now, if it's Blood Money! It's not about us, it's about them. We just get to benefit with them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

This is the type of controversy that makes me think RV...

Who cares about the Allawi vs Maliki match......this is by far better.

For everybody who thinks the RV will happen.....+1

I wish it were that. But this evil tyrant Maliki, and what he is doing is real. Very Real.

Rayzur, Right on! (your link)

Thanks Uncirculd! I can only hope it never comes to that. And if it does, I can only pray that everyone who took the oath to uphold our constitution remembers every single word they swore, and then have the courage to stand with others behind those words.

Malaki doesn't have the votes on the CBI Board or in the Parliament at this time to remove Shabibi.

I wish the Parliament would replace Malaki, the next Iraqi dictator without the mustache!

Malaki needs to go hump a land mine!

Sorry, I'm in a grumpy mood today; and Malaki and his games are starting to become my new pet peeve.

• Upvote 3