Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NBC "busted" inciting racial unrest

divemaster5734

How many innocent people were attacked across the entire nation because of this?

How many hours were spent falsely accusing an innocent man, and thereby forcing him to hide in fear of his life, just so some left wing rag could suck up ratings?

And that doesn't even compare to having to see the two most racial bigots in the world, Sharpton and Jackson, get national air time to once again spew their hatred and prejudice.

You wont hear any apologies from those guys, and the black panther guy that offered the reward is in jail for other offenses, so he wont be asked to recant the bs "reward".

Please understand, my intent is not to stir up anything other than independent thinking.

I am not naive enough to believe all racism is gone no matter how I wish it were.

All I'm saying is anytime main stream media makes some outlandish claim, please look for alternate sources to confirm.

mainstream media has always had it's own agenda, and finally they are all being exposed for the liars and hypocrites they have always been.

NBC News reportedly fires producer of edited George Zimmerman tape

Published April 07, 2012

George Zimmerman Trayvon Martin

George Zimmerman, seen at left in a prior booking photo, says he shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, in self defense.

NBC News has fired a producer who worked on a 'Today' show segment that featured a heavily edited 911 recording in which George Zimmerman appears to racially profile Trayvon Martin before the teen's shooting, according to The New York Times.

The name of the Miami-based producer who was fired was not released, according to the Times report, which does not refer to any disciplinary action that may have been taken against other NBC staffers.

NBC News has been slammed for the report since last week, and had promised an investigation into what has been described as a grossly misleading editing of the tape.

NBC declined to confirm the firing, according to the Times report.

"An internal investigation determined that a "seasoned" producer was to blame for the edit, NBC had said earlier in the week, before news of the firing.

The edited version of the call that aired on Today clearly made Zimmerman appear to say Martin looked dangerous because of his race.

"This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black," Zimmerman says in the version of the tape that aired.

In the unedited version of the call, however, Zimmerman answers a question about Martin's race only after being specifically asked by the 911 dispatcher.

"This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or like he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about," Zimmerman said, without referring at all to Martin's race.

Only after the 911 dispatcher asks "black, white or Hispanic?" did Zimmerman reply "He looks black."

The 17-year-old Martin was killed on Feb. 26 by Zimmerman in the city of Sanford, Fla., where Martin was visiting. Zimmerman claims Martin physically attacked him after he questioned why he was in the neighborhood.

Details of what actually happened between the two in the moments before the shooting are not clear, and are currently under investigation.

My link

• Upvote 7

HERE'S ANOTHER ARTICLE STATING THE SAME THING, ALSO HAS WHAT WAS SAID IN THE CALL IN BOLD:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/nyt-nbc-has-fired-producer-in-zimmerman-scandal/2012/04/06/gIQAwBal0S_blog.html

NYT: NBC has fired producer in Zimmerman scandal

By Erik Wemple

NBC has failed to stem its Zimmerman problem. (AP Photo/Orlando Sentinel) (AP) Brian Stelter of the New York Times is reporting that NBC has fired a producer “involved” in the shameful abridgement of the George Zimmerman conversation with an emergency dispatcher just prior to the killing of Trayvon Martin. Here’s the meat of Stelter’s scoop:

The person was fired on Thursday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the disciplinary action who declined to be identified discussing internal company matters. They also declined to name the fired producer. A spokeswoman for NBC News declined to comment.

A dismissal is certainly commensurare with the offense in the case. As this blog has repeated several times, the edition of the “Today” show at the center of this story quoted Zimmerman as saying the following:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Yet the transcript of that portion of the call reads as follows:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

The effect here is to portray Zimmerman as a hardened racial profiler, when in fact he was asked to provide the racial information to the dispatcher.

The story of NBC’s Zimmerman scandal is now officially following a drip-drip-drip pattern. About a week ago, this blog reported that the network was investigating the episode; on Tuesday, it issued a threadbare statement on its findings, including an apology and an acknowledgement that it had erred. Yet it didn’t go into detail on exactly what had happened and what disciplinary measures would be taken.

And so the media industry press has sawed in to the narrative. Reuters yesterday provided some detail on what had gone down internally at NBC since the fiasco emerged. And now the New York Times pitches in with a significant new wrinkle.

Yet it’s not sewn up. We still don’t know the name of the dismissed producer; we don’t know if the network gave any consideration to apologizing directly to Zimmerman; we don’t know if warnings were issued to other NBC employees; and so on.

NBC could have headed off this story sprawl by publishing a fuller account of the incident ealier this week. Since it failed to do so, this scandal will have a life well beyond Easter.

Edited by thegente
  • Upvote 5

I learned this while I was in Iraq...you can't trust the mainstream media. What they'll report is not necessarily the truth, and alot of times they'll twist their report to meet whatever agenda they're after. Ask any soldier who was in Iraq if he trusts CNN. What NBC done is a classic example. Now NBC is saying they "fired" the so far unnamed producer because he doctored the 911 audio....I'm almost positive he had higher orders to do just that. It is not often you can trust the news in reporting something that is totally fair and unbiased. The part that scares me the most is that the average American will take that same news to heart and believe it 100%...even though the facts point opposite. :blink:

• Upvote 5

yes those darn democrat leaders like jackson and sharpton are tied closely to those at nbc and without racism jackson and sharpton will be unemployed .. so they just create racism .. they are americas true racists in my opinion

For the last several decades they always were!!! Folks on the right and left have begun to wake up to the reaslism that they ARE racists. They no longer are the civil rights

activists they once were with MLK! They're finished and every time they attempt to open their mouths the appear as fools!!

• Upvote 3

It is a damn shame in the world we live in...isnt it.....I mean in our own history......united states history that is....bigotry is the building blocks of this great country....what gets me is that no one is calling it what it is...its murder...on the meek and weak will call it racism......for fear of the backlash......

Yeah so what a" whited man shot a black kid", i mean im sorry this had to happen like this, and glad at the same time....sad for the family....glad for what has been going on for years has now come to light.

i mean come on...who is the most single oppressive race out there....and this happens its call racism....yeah right....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well i don't see any of the same peeps chiming in on this thread like they did on others calling for Zimmerman's head......maybe they can use that energy now to call out the blatant and obvious attempt by many who sought to gain from a non-factual story. SPIKE LEE should be sued by the 70 year old couple that are still in hiding because he tweeted their address as being the address of Zimmerman.They now live in a hotel in fear for their lives.Just today in the supermarket i see people mag with a front page picture of Tryvon Martin as a 12 year old not a current picture and they knew it.They should be fined and shamed for their lack of responsibility and effort to defraud the public.These clowns don't print the truth,they print what they think will make you buy their magazine.People just keep to themselves cause they are afraid to be called a racist and thats exactly how we get more racism.Speak up,tell the truth,stop segregation like BET,EBONY MAG,JET MAG,MISS BLACK AMERICA,well you get the picture.WE ARE ALL EQUAL PERIOD.

• Upvote 3

I learned this while I was in Iraq...you can't trust the mainstream media. What they'll report is not necessarily the truth, and alot of times they'll twist their report to meet whatever agenda they're after. Ask any soldier who was in Iraq if he trusts CNN. What NBC done is a classic example. Now NBC is saying they "fired" the so far unnamed producer because he doctored the 911 audio....I'm almost positive he had higher orders to do just that. It is not often you can trust the news in reporting something that is totally fair and unbiased. The part that scares me the most is that the average American will take that same news to heart and believe it 100%...even though the facts point opposite. :blink:

With NBC reporting they fired an unnamed producer because of the shameful abridgement, is probably another attempt in increasing their ratings. Not saying this article it's not true, it's just my thought in them trying to increase ratings.

• Upvote 1

With NBC reporting they fired an unnamed producer because of the shameful abridgement, is probably another attempt in increasing their ratings. Not saying this article it's not true, it's just my thought in them trying to increase ratings.

I agree, after some of the truth has come to light...now they're on damage control........

• Upvote 2

We'll see what happens after Tuesday, when it gets introduced to the Grand Jury.

My thoughts on this are that, with this case under the microscope of the entire nation, if there were solid grounds to arrest Zimmerman, it would have been done. There's been plenty of time for the special prosecutor, who is being watched by the DOJ, to do this. So, it will go to the Grand Jury & they'll make the decision.

I have a hunch that a lot of people are not going to be happy with the outcome. That's why Sanford is preparing for the worst.

• Upvote 1

...these race-incidents that we have heard about in the news as of late --- remind me of the race riots that Pastor Dave Wilkerson prophesied about a few years back. I knew they were coming - and they do not have to, but some folks would rather resort to that sort of foolishness and criminal activity than attempt to understand matters more carefully, discuss the issues, and not beleive everything the media tells you. :(

Edited by investmentportfolio
  • Upvote 1

I separated from the Army in 1976.

Even though it was honorable, once my hair grew back out I refrained from telling anybody about for decades.

And that was directly from the way the press portrayed us.

We were hated for being solders then, not by everyone, but enough to help put a major chip on your shoulder.

It is estimated around 70% of Americans still get their news and views from the big 4 networks.

That fact alone should be enough to really scare the heck out of the rest of us.

Well i don't see any of the same peeps chiming in on this thread like they did on others calling for Zimmerman's head......maybe they can use that energy now to call out the blatant and obvious attempt by many who sought to gain from a non-factual story. SPIKE LEE should be sued by the 70 year old couple that are still in hiding because he tweeted their address as being the address of Zimmerman.They now live in a hotel in fear for their lives.Just today in the supermarket i see people mag with a front page picture of Tryvon Martin as a 12 year old not a current picture and they knew it.They should be fined and shamed for their lack of responsibility and effort to defraud the public.These clowns don't print the truth,they print what they think will make you buy their magazine.People just keep to themselves cause they are afraid to be called a racist and thats exactly how we get more racism.Speak up,tell the truth,stop segregation like BET,EBONY MAG,JET MAG,MISS BLACK AMERICA,well you get the picture.WE ARE ALL EQUAL PERIOD.

I am sure spike, along with the other opportunistic vultures will refuse to comment, or will simply refuse to acknowledge the new "turn of events".

At least it gave obummer another chance to put foot in mouth deep enough to kiss his own knee cap, but then, almost every time he speaks without a teleprompter his own incompetence just shines right through.

While this article does debunk some of the racial implications of this case, it certainly does not prove Zimms innocence. It is still too soon.

You are exactly correct.

But that is not the point of this thread.

Unfortunately, that just may be lost in the medias desire to create a sensationalized event.

If he is guilty of murder he should be punished, but more and more facts are coming out that seem to prove it was self-defense.

Don't get me wrong, I have not made up my mind, how could I? We have not been given the true story, and therefore MUST keep an open mind.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 2

I separated from the Army in 1976.

Even though it was honorable, once my hair grew back out I refrained from telling anybody about for decades.

And that was directly from the way the press portrayed us.

We were hated for being solders then, not by everyone, but enough to help put a major chip on your shoulder.

Thank you sir for your service to our country. Without men and women like yourself there most likely would not be the lively posting back and forth of such different views.

tip_hat.gif

• Upvote 3

yes those darn democrat leaders like jackson and sharpton are tied closely to those at nbc and without racism jackson and sharpton will be unemployed .. so they just create racism .. they are americas true racists in my opinion

So the Blacks are the recists? Sharpton and Jackson would be unemployed without racism? YOU ARE THE RACIST! LOOK IN THE MIRROR! all you will see is hate!

Carlos

• Downvote 3

So the Blacks are the recists? Sharpton and Jackson would be unemployed without racism? YOU ARE THE RACIST! LOOK IN THE MIRROR! all you will see is hate!

Carlos

Why do you do that?

Sharpton and Jackson make their living of off racism.

You do know the Democratic party started the KKK don't you?

The KKK's job was to stop those pesky new republicans, so they killed a LOT of white people also.

Pretty soon, it became "unpopular", so they degenerated into a yellow pack of cowards and only picked on humans they thought they could hurt without consequence.

Anyone that follows politics understands one of the Democratic party's main platforms is racism. As long as they can keep people convinced their neighbor is their enemy they can keep everyone divided.

Can't you see that?

It's basic military strategy, divide and conquer.

I am in no way saying the only racism comes from the "left", the "right" has it's share of cowards as well.

You have opened your eyes to the reality of the deceptions coming from both sides.

Please, research this before speaking out.

I won't tell you where to look, use your own methods you used to discover the Rothschild deception.

Please, this topic is not intended to divide.

It was my hope we could see past the illusions and understand the truth.

The truth is we are all much more alike than different.

There is only ONE race on this planet, the Human Race.

If you see a living person, know that person is your brother or sister.

They have the exact rights you do.

Those rights are given by God at birth and evidenced through life.

NOT privileges bestowed by a benevolent government that can be revoked at will.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 4

...these race-incidents that we have heard about in the news as of late --- remind me of the race riots that Pastor Dave Wilkerson prophesied about a few years back. I knew they were coming - and they do not have to, but some folks would rather resort to that sort of foolishness and criminal activity than attempt to understand matters more carefully, discuss the issues, and not beleive everything the media tells you. :(

Wow! Dave Wilkerson! Is he still around? I remember him when I was a teenager and participated in our church's youth program. If I remember correctly he was involved in the inner city ministries and wrote a book called "The Cross and the Switchblade". Is that correct? Boy, does that sure take me back in time! :o

• Upvote 2

This is a tragic incident all the way around, no matter how you look at it. The question I have is if Zimmerman was on a neigborhood watch no matter what his motivation for being on that watch:

1. How did he get so close as to need to use deadly force whether justified or not

2. Why was he carrying a weapon? It was my understanding that neighbood watches are unarmed even if the person has a permit to carry a weapon.

All that being said, it is a bigger tragedy to try this case in the media. The courtrooms are the only place to weigh the merrits of the case, fin the facts and decide guilt or not guilty. There is no innocence here.

The only facts currently known as of now are that Martin is dead and Zimmerman is presumed innocent until a duly sworn and appointed Jury decides otherwise. Unfortunately, with all the publicity where will they find an impartial jury?

This case saddens me. Happy Easter

So then Trayvon is innocent.

Maybe to everyone else but not to the man he was beating...

And to "How did he get so close", it seems Trayvon approached Zimm and asked if he had a problem. Zimm said "no" then Trayvon said "now you do."

Why do any neighborhood watch people join? They are concerned about their neighborhood.

The say Zimm also volunteered tutoring kids (black included.)

As time goes on Zimms story shows to be truer and truer while the TM camp shows to be the race card hype.

• Upvote 2

Why do you do that?

Sharpton and Jackson make their living of off racism.

You do know the Democratic party started the KKK don't you?

The KKK's job was to stop those pesky new republicans, so they killed a LOT of white people also.

Pretty soon, it became "unpopular", so they degenerated into a yellow pack of cowards and only picked on humans they thought they could hurt without consequence.

Anyone that follows politics understands one of the Democratic party's main platforms is racism. As long as they can keep people convinced their neighbor is their enemy they can keep everyone divided.

Can't you see that?

It's basic military strategy, divide and conquer.

I am in no way saying the only racism comes from the "left", the "right" has it's share of cowards as well.

You have opened your eyes to the reality of the deceptions coming from both sides.

Please, research this before speaking out.

I won't tell you where to look, use your own methods you used to discover the Rothschild deception.

Please, this topic is not intended to divide.

It was my hope we could see past the illusions and understand the truth.

The truth is we are all much more alike than different.

There is only ONE race on this planet, the Human Race.

If you see a living person, know that person is your brother or sister.

They have the exact rights you do.

Those rights are given by God at birth and evidenced through life.

NOT privileges bestowed by a benevolent government that can be revoked at will.

Divemaster:

I agree with 99% of what you say and applaud your saying it! your argument is compelling, in view of it's social complexity. however the accusations made by Leesburg that Jackson and Sharpton make a living from stirring up racial hate requires more than just his opinion to be considered credible by anyone, and to level these accusations out of anger as he did, shows not only an extreme level of intolerance but, outright hate. And, an unreasonable hate for any other person of a different color is called RACISM! Call it like it is!

In the perfect world you describe there would be no racial hate. But this is not reality, we all know that "racial bias" is a nice way of saying RACISM, and it does exist in American society in one form or another and has for centuries, it's deeply engrained in a particular part of our society, a part of our society that would never have elected Obama as POTUS, if they were in charge, and would still have black people as their slaves! if they could get away with it!

The fact that the news took almost a full month to be known outside that small community in Florida, shows the high levels of indiference the American people have developed, when blacks seek justice that was denied. The reason people are angry at those leaders who are heading the search for justice is because they consider it racist to compare the plight of this young man to a reverse hypothetical view, namely: If the victim had been a white boy, do you think the killer would still be free?

I think this is a reasonable question we should all ask ourselves, and should not be dismissed as "racist remark" or "playing the race card". It's a fact that people need to understand all points of view, and sometimes it's necessary to make them wonder what it would be like if it happened to their son, would'nt you be seeking justice? I would! One way or another!

Carlos

Carlos again you missed the point. I will try to explain as I understand. Point the editor wanted to explaine something that was not the truth. He wanted you to see the race motivation not tre truth. To call for a man to be judged by a news story is what you call brain washed. In reality it is nothing more than being manuplated by the drive by media. When will those people wake up to the fact drive by never prints an unbiased truth where you can make your own decisions.To me the media is the gulity party here. I myself think the media has no Cdedability. :D

• Upvote 1