Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could the RV be delayed till 2013.

Luigi1

I would expect official announcements with pictures of the bills and clear (at least in Arabic) explanations of exactly how it will occur (just like has occurred elsewhere) before the new currency is actually available. And I'm not saying you meant them to be simultaneous, but only that the more certain the RD becomes in the minds of investors, the lower the price of dinars will go, down to the base CBI exchange rate.

So I would expect a big drop and lots of selling when the RD is formally announced (they claim in Sept) despite the new currency not being available yet. Even if they RV up 16% or 20% or so during the co-existence period, such that the new-dinar will be at $1 even, or a little above, it is unlikely that you will actually get that in exchange. Though you can get the equivalent now (i.e. 1000 IQD per $1 USD). If no RV occurs at all so the new-dinar is at 0.86 USD, then you'll only be able to get that minus the spread. The spread for the new-dinar, presumably available from major banks at this point, might not be that big. But IQD might still only be exchangeable at dealers where the spread, at least in the past, has been huge. So you have to weight the odds of those events (and, if you think it possible a larger let alone huge RV) with their outcome, to see if you want to stay.

My analysis was

RD: certain

RV to put new-dinar at $1 USD (i.e. today's IQD rate of $1000/M), unlikely

RV enough over $1 to allow me to get at least $1.20 (i.e. break even) very very unlikely

thus I sold out now at $1000/M IQD despite having bought at $1200/M .

You sold out and yet here you are wasting your time following an investment that you no longer hold or believe in. Interesting. Very, very, very unlikely, but interesting.

• Upvote 5

You sold out and yet here you are wasting your time following an investment that you no longer hold or believe in. Interesting. Very, very, very unlikely, but interesting.

yea man i ignored that guy long ago but somehow i can still see his posts when someone quotes him and yes i agree it doesnt make any sense why he sticks around but many things dont in this world.laugh.gif

• Upvote 2

So interacting with you is by your own definition a waste of time? Thanks for letting me know.

By the way I am not here following the investment. That one can do at CBI.IQ . I'm here following and interacting with the investors.

Most people posting on internet forums do so merely from an interest in the subject. Somehow you seem to think for subjects related to the dinar that idea must be false. I think my posting level has dropped since I sold my last dinar, but my interest in the subject remains, this I find it interesting to chat with folks about it.

Edited by dvforumuser
  • Downvote 3

I'd be amazed if it did happen in 2013 since I no longer expect it to happen at all.

It looks like Maliki may be on his way out & new elections will be held in near future.

This could further delay the RV. No government + no economy = no RV.

Oil alone, will not fix Iraq, no matter how much it has.

• Upvote 1

The rv is not delayed bc there was never an rv scheduled. It could happen tomorrow or NEVER

Here's the latest news update...

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:10pm EDT

* Cabinet says stops plans to redenominate dinar "until further notice"

* Iraq has over 30 trillion Iraqi dinars in circulation

* Plan to trim zeros not seen as a priority.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/12/iraq-currency-idUSL3E8FC8G120120412

• Upvote 1

I believe it will happen late 2012. Sorry don't shoot the messenger.

It's what I've believed for the past year. I stand firm that Shabibi wants a different set of accounting numbers for his book on January 2013. I think that desire is coming from higher up than Shabibi. JMO mostly. ;)

Here's the latest news update...

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:10pm EDT

* Cabinet says stops plans to redenominate dinar "until further notice"

* Iraq has over 30 trillion Iraqi dinars in circulation

* Plan to trim zeros not seen as a priority.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/12/iraq-currency-idUSL3E8FC8G120120412

Redenomination and revaluation are two diff things

Yeah I agree...can't understand why anyone would sell their Dinar and then continue to follow it...makes no sense...but when it RV's their gonna be kicking their a** for not holding on...oh well too bad ...so sad :)

Yeah I agree...can't understand why anyone would sell their Dinar and then continue to follow it...makes no sense...but when it RV's their gonna be kicking their a** for not holding on...oh well too bad ...so sad :)

alot of people sell majority but still hold onto a million or two. also just because you sell doesn't mean your not curious about whats going on. also i think you mean IF not WHEN

If the US decided to not extend the financial protection for another year, perhaps that might make them put a little grease on the gears and get this into high gear. If I am going to be put indefinitely on hold while they stall and stall, then I would just as soon see the courts take over. <_<

If the US decided to not extend the financial protection for another year, perhaps that might make them put a little grease on the gears and get this into high gear. If I am going to be put indefinitely on hold while they stall and stall, then I would just as soon see the courts take over. <_<

Agree. The USA & IMF may be loosing patience. Another extention bay be denied.

• Upvote 1