Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kaperoni

Sweetybird

Easy isn't my speed. I prefer someone like Sam. ROFL!

Though in all seriousness, the idea that someone giving their opinion about what their doing with an investment be it buy, sell, or hold is attacked is really ridiculous. I think we must all agree that when we make emotional decisions with our money 9 out of 10 times we lose. A case in point is an overnight RV or using a credit card to buy something you don't need. Leave emotions out! Be logical, thorough in your understanding with any investment, and finally just be respectful. ;)

Ok....But re: emotional decisions about money... The truth of the matter is that a lot of times it's just simply a matter of Luck VS. Bad Luck......So an apparently crappy-looking venture / investment could go sky- high and everybody and their cat will be all bent over to us and deem us as so fxxxxng savvy and experts and Financial Geniuses and Psychics etc...

On the other side... if something goes wrong ( no matter how we kinda studied it and how sound it looked) they'll (politely or not depending on how close they are to us) tell us how naive, delusional, un-prepared etc, we are " It was clear it wasn't going to work out" " Oh, you're so easy to deceive" " You should have known better" " Why did you get into it in the first place" etc. etc. etc.....

That's the general judgment pattern.

Edited by umbertino

Darin - You are still my favorite poster. Your posts are thought provoking and always respectful. You keep an open mind and always explain your points in detail. Kudos to you my friend. By the way, I really liked the analogy you made in reference to the soda machines, makes sense.

WaveOne - I am sorry to say this but I couldn't get your point out of the past 5 pages, not one... I am well informed with fiat currencies, I have read The Creature From Jekyll Island as well as listened to Edward Griffin's audio presentation about 15 times. I just don't understand what you are getting at... Seems as though you put a lot of nonsense in your posts. Some facts would be nice without trying to belittle others.

Keepm - Still replying back to everybody's posts with "attitude" LOL biggrin.gif However, I do understand where you are coming from, so many people are blindly believing in the potential "overnight 1:1 RV" even if it goes against every economic principal in the book!

I understand we are in uncharted times and things are looking bad for the Euro and the US dollar. With gold setting all time high records and all the talk of the crash of the US dollar it is easy to get sucked into some of this global financial market collapse talk. However, IF this does happen, it will not all hit at once. It will be gradual... Gradual, as in, gradual like the way things have been gradually changing for the past few decades...

Sometimes I wonder who one can believe. Will the US dollar collapse or is it an organized effort to put into the minds across the world and systematically it actually happens. Economic assassins so to speak.

• Upvote 2

Bumper.. Happy Easter to you and yours....I hope that line about KEEPM going to be confined to the LOP section was just a joke ( it sounded that way but one can never be sure these days)....There are already a few ( 2 or 3 I believe...) being locked up in that section.....

A wonderful Easter good deed gesture could be to release ( meaning letting them post on any Forum section...) them imho.....Ciao.

Keepm and I go way back to when he was just a snotty nose kid starting out on here and I am pretty sure he knows when I am joking or not! laugh.gif/mad.gif He also knows that if I see he needs to lighten up a little bit that I will make these kind of comments to him to get him to help keep the threads from going south. I have a lot of respect for Keepm and it doesn't matter if you like him or not he is a VERY smart young man and usually can back up what he is saying. ( even though I don't usually agree with him ) wink.giftongue.gif If he finds that his thinking was wrong on a subject he will admit he was wrong and move on!

As for the release of a couple lopsters! I am not sure they are done boiling and ready to be served to the rest of the forum yet! J/K

No, Adam put them in there for a reason and I will not change something that Adam has put in place! Sorry

Happy Easter to EVERYONE!!!!! P.s. Bumper64 from this point is also to be known as Kap!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I wonder who one can believe. Will the US dollar collapse or is it an organized effort to put into the minds across the world and systematically it actually happens. Economic assassins so to speak.

Hey Zig,

Good to hear from you buddy. Yes, sometimes it becomes hard to believe. I know there are all kinds of sites and people who talk about the collapse of the dollar, and there are always different outcomes and/or factors involved. I personally think that the US dollar can't go on the way it has been forever, that should be pretty much common sense. However, HOW it crashes remains a mystery. It more than likely won't be an overnight "crash" as that would cause massive worldwide chaos! Slow and gradual devaluation, just like what has been going on for decades is my thinking... I think the term "economic assassins" fits well with what they are doing! biggrin.gif

Like I've said before, I won't put too much time or energy into the matter, but I have prepped up so that if it DOES happen over night my family will be protected and won't be hungry. But I definitely can't see the Iraqi Dinar being the "fix all" currency involved in a worldwide RV. Just can't see that being the case.

Happy Easter Zig Man!

Keepm and I go way back to when he was just a snotty nose kid starting out on here and I am pretty sure he knows when I am joking or not! laugh.gif/mad.gif He also knows that if I see he needs to lighten up a little bit that I will make these kind of comments to him to get him to help keep the threads from going south. I have a lot of respect for Keepm and it doesn't matter if you like him or not he is a VERY smart young man and usually can back up what he is saying. ( even though I don't usually agree with him ) wink.giftongue.gif If he finds that his thinking was wrong on a subject he will admit he was wrong and move on!

As for the release of a couple lopsters! I am not sure they are done boiling and ready to be served to the rest of the forum yet! J/K

No, Adam put them in there for a reason and I will not change something that Adam has put in place! Sorry

Happy Easter to EVERYONE!!!!! P.s. Bumper64 from this point is also to be known as Kap!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Well said Bumper. I agree, Keep is very smart and very sharp, he knows about all (well almost all...) aspects of the Dinar investment as well as all of the possible outcomes. People like to neg him or bash him because what he says goes against their hopes and dreams. I don't always agree with what he is saying either, but he does bring up some valid points.

We can all hope and dream but being grounded is also important.

By the way can I be named Kap too? Or how about "Kap2" laugh.gif

Edited by 20MillionDinar

Don't want to get in the middle of a discussion--

but here you go Keep

"IMF call for dollar alternative"

http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/10/markets/dollar/index.htm

Shocking New IMF Report: The U.S. Dollar Needs To Be Replaced As The World Reserve Currency And SDRs "Could Constitute An Embryo Of Global Currency"

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/shocking-new-imf-report-the-u-s-dollar-needs-to-be-replaced-as-the-world-reserve-currency-and-that-sdrs-could-constitute-an-embryo-of-global-currency

"Enhancing International Monetary Stability—A Role for the SDR?"

http://www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2011/010711.pdf

"The SDR as an International Reserve Asset: What Future?"

http://elsa.berkeley.edu/~obstfeld/SDR_Obstfeld.pdf

Happy Easter everyone!

These articles are interesting, but at least the first few are from 2/11, so they aren't very current.

" Free lap dance for Kap"

I believe on DV we are allowed one name change ( screen name ) every so often. Henceforth, I shall be known on here, as KAP :)

RSS

You might have to wait awhile for your lap dance. Elixir is line before you. :lol:

Yep . The line starts right back there . :lol:

Might be awhile. Bring snacks. :P

laugh.gif I didnt think I was the only one who noticed!!! I feel like Im arguing with a 5 year old while he tells me he tied his shoes, but yet Im looking right at them and there arent even any laces!!!

Wow...Keep, can't believe how you're getting hammered with those negs? I got taken to the wood shed on the grounds that I was being too negative cause I wouldn't go along with all the "it's gonna RV for a buck tomorrow" guys. I didn't get anywhere close to the negs you've gotten in this thread alone....and I don't name call a or talk about butts or none of that stuff.....you must have angel on your shoulder? ;)

I agree with some of what you say and disagree with some, too......but at least when I disagree with posters, I try to give reasons like you do. Don't just argue for the sake of arguing....I like to back it up with some common sense and as much facts as I can given how many facts are available. Not as much as I would like.

Oh well......I do agree with your thopught that the facts that we do have do not support an overnight $1 RV if there are trillions of dinar in circulation. The math just doesn't allow for it.....good luck in your battle here. B)

I pos (+) your posts whenever I could. :P

• Upvote 3

The one good thing about this site is that you can express yourself freely, and still listen to what others say, as well. You don't have to agree with any one person, because it's all conjecture for the most part. I don't agree with some of what Keep says, and nothing that TimS says, but I do respect their right to their opinion. But, I do miss Stryker, Carello, and JustNTime. They brought a lot to the site and I would love to see them return.

That said, I hope this damn thing RV's soon!!!

Interesting twist to this thread it really has turned into can you provide oppinions freely or not ?

or

Has it turned into standing up to bully's or heckling intending to limit articles or comments being posted.

It is hard to see why some KEEP defending what is supposed to be valid arguments based on sound judgements, or just plain common sense.

But I do have to state this I have never seen a return article, link, or objective evidence based argument that is provided in the process of shredding another's posting. But I guess being sharp or smart is enought to provide subjective oppinion only and that is enough to trash someone else.

Sorry guys, bullying is falling out of fashion KEEP up the good fight.

Go RV and I hope everyone had a great Easter.

• Upvote 1

Link: http://www.uobabylon...D8%A7%D8%B1.pdf

Translation...

Proposal to raise zeros from the dinar Ala a paper

A. M. D. Jawad Kazem al-Bakri

Usually financial authorities represented by the MOF or MOTreasury use monetary policy in order to preserve the value of the currency in addition to taking advantage of all the resources available in the lawful economy in order to reach full employment and economic growth.

This is done by those authorities using the monetary policies such as spending policy and taxation. The monetary authorities use these two tools to solve the problems such as inflation, unemployment, etc. That is usually called the gap between inflation and deflation that the local economy can be exposed to. In that case the central bank can only be asked to expose the local currency to satisfy the supply and demand.

The history of modern economics tells us that many nations in the world such as the countries involved in WW1 and WW2 or most recently the collapse of the Eastern Bloc countries, have taken one of these two measures, either by changing the whole national currency or eliminating zeros from the currencies so that it can go back to its previous stable condition. In the Iraqi experience after the fall of the dictatorial regime, the present authorities have decided to change the Iraqi currency to a new currency.

This does not affect the value of the dinar so far but it opens the dinar to the free currency market such as against the dollar, etc. That condition has made the dinar safe at one dinar equals .067 cents to one dinar which actually gives the impression of the reduction of the purchasing power of the IQD against the dollar recently.

If three zeros were lifted from the IQD this means the IQD becomes stronger 1000 times in terms of value. For example, a pack of cigarettes that was selling for 1000 dinar would be only 1 dinar. If it was a conversion like that, if the three zeros were lifted from the previous currency, this means the old 1000 dinars will buy 1000 packs of cigarettes instead of 1.

From a theoretical point of view, when three zeros are lifted from the IQD its buying power will increase drastically so that the dollar will be equivalent to 1.5 dinars only.

Therefore, let’s say the merchandise imported from abroad is valued before lifting the zeros at 1.2 million dinars, or $1000; if you lift the three zeros 1200 dinars will equal $1000; therefore, that will not bring any negative impact on the Iraqi citizens.

On the positive of lifting the zeros from the IQD, the operation of lifting three zeros from the IQD, according to a study and sound physical policy, will lead to these positive factors:

One, it increases the monetary power of the IQD to buy things.

Two, it increases the value of exchange from the dinar to other currencies.

Three, it provides more confidence for more foreign investment in the economy.

Four, in increases the confidence of the Iraqi citizen in his own currency, as is the case with the dollar and other currencies in their own countries.

Dr. Bakri

Not sure what to think about this article. It obviously illustrates to the people of Iraq and the world how the new currnecy would work. Ok, I get that. On the flip side, this artilce was posted June 6, 2011 or July 7, 2011 (Depding on if you are reading American dates or Iraqi dates) either way, it was almost a year ago. Here is the link to the site I found http://revalue.us/go/31326Ea0

I love how Keepem gets all the negatives when he has told people how it really is for YEARS! He has been the most level headed person in this investment that I have seen. I hated his guts when I first bought dinar because I was falling for all the crap thrown out there. Keep it up bro. Every single person that gave you negs will eventually know that you knew what you were talking about.