Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

F18 In trouble

msmortgagewiz

I live about 10 minutes from the Master Jet Base in Virginia Beach, the jets are a everyday part of Virginia Beach. We love our military, and we grow up knowing that a jet may at some point have a problem. Thank God it wasn't fatal today.

This raw video shows what happened prior to the crash today.

Unless the Navy is flying F-4s again, and the apartment complex hit was in the middle of a field, I'd wager all my dinar that that video does NOT show what happened today.

F-18 / Urban/Suburban area vs F-4 / rural area

• Upvote 2

Unless the Navy is flying F-4s again, and the apartment complex hit was in the middle of a field, I'd wager all my dinar that that video does NOT show what happened today.

F-18 / Urban/Suburban area vs F-4 / rural area

Ditto's with gbosh. Not todays downing.

Mak63

I live about 10 minutes from the Master Jet Base in Virginia Beach, the jets are a everyday part of Virginia Beach. We love our military, and we grow up knowing that a jet may at some point have a problem. Thank God it wasn't fatal today.

This raw video shows what happened prior to the crash today.

Here's what I say, I pulled this video back up to see if there were any comments associated with it. There is one mentioning that the video has to much agriculture surrounding the area of the crash so it couldn't be from yesterday. I can't say the video depicts another event, what I can say is that YES, Virginia Beach is in fact surrounded by vast producing farmland. I guess I could google earth it to see if the satellite view is similiar but, we are as country as we are a resort city. Oceana Master Jet Base flies more than one type of aircraft at the same time in their daily training flights. I don't know enough about military jets to say one way or another whether the video posted is or is not from the crash yesterday. I do have a F18 pilot friend who I will turn to to see what he says, I would be interested in his opinion of the video.

interesting --- looks as though they are on a re fuel mission and the one jet in trouble doesn`t look like ours ,,, kind of hard too tell ,,,, be good too hear your friends take on this ,,, thanks morgage gal.......

interesting --- looks as though they are on a re fuel mission and the one jet in trouble doesn`t look like ours ,,, kind of hard too tell ,,,, be good too hear your friends take on this ,,, thanks morgage gal.......

I think you guys may be right though, of course there is ongoing news coverage this morning, and one thing that video depicts is basically a falling air craft. The jets just don't fly like that around here, so the reports are that a on looker heard the the aircraft struggling engines. The video depicts a downward spiral from high altitude, dumping fuel prior to the crash. These babies fly basically a circle of the beach area practicing touch down take offs at low altitudes, when the student pilot and his instructor ejected it would have been unlikely that they would have landed in such close proximity of their aircraft and unharmed. Even when they are not practicing touch down exercises, they fly over less populated areas of the beaches such as Sandbridge Beach. I will deffinitely let you know what my pilot friend says, but I think my DV friends got it right. :-)

I think you guys may be right though, of course there is ongoing news coverage this morning, and one thing that video depicts is basically a falling air craft. The jets just don't fly like that around here, so the reports are that a on looker heard the the aircraft struggling engines. The video depicts a downward spiral from high altitude, dumping fuel prior to the crash. These babies fly basically a circle of the beach area practicing touch down take offs at low altitudes, when the student pilot and his instructor ejected it would have been unlikely that they would have landed in such close proximity of their aircraft and unharmed. Even when they are not practicing touch down exercises, they fly over less populated areas of the beaches such as Sandbridge Beach. I will deffinitely let you know what my pilot friend says, but I think my DV friends got it right. :-)

This video would more accurately depicts a routine flight pattern around our city, and is one of our F18's flying during a 2011 airshow. Just for viewing pleasure....We love our jets and our military.

The video in the first post shows (in the foreground), an F-4 of some variety. It's a fighter we started using in the 1960s, and one we retired in 1996: Story

If you see an F-4 flying today, it's on a very few things:

-An aerial demonstration (privately owned, heritage flight, etc.) at an airshow

- A remote control model

- A full size, remote control drone, remotely piloted, used for targeting practice by our modern aircraft at Tyndall AFB, FL.

You won't see one on a training mission over a populated area. Stop speculating, the video does not, cannot, show the recent F-18 crash in Virginia.

Happy Easter from Iraq!

gbosh

• Upvote 1