Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar history

dvforumuser

In other threads there seems to be substantial disagreement about how 1 dinar went from being worth $3+ in the early 80s to only ~$0.00033 ( which is ~3000 dinars per dollar or 10,000 times less than $3+ dollars per dinar) by 1995, and in 2003/2004 got reset to $0.00086 (so about 3000 times less than its $3+ maximum). On the CBI site their history page states " Due to excessive government printing of the new notes issue, the dinar devalued quickly, and in late 1995, US$1 was valued at 3,000 dinars." Since I would expect that during Saddam's wars Iraq's GDP was also plummeting and he was spending all their reserves etc so that in combination with massive (10s of trillions) of dinars being printed I think its a simple matter of the same or even significantly lower total value being spread over 1000s of times more (i.e. 10s of trillions more) dinars, so the value of each dinar went down proportionately.

So basically: value of money supply = total units * value of 1 unit. If total units goes up by 1000x and the value of the total supply remains the same, then the value of each unit goes down by 1000x . If the total value also is going down, then the value of each unit goes even lower.

Most importantly it was not due to being suddenly devalued at any point from $3 down to $0.00086, but happened over a longer period (5 or 10 years?).

Does anyone disagree with that overall view? Adam?

Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Money loses value due to inflation....it loses it REALLY quickly during hyper-inflation. That is where the value of their currency went and that is why it can't come back over night...it didn't go away over night.

This is correct DVFU. Its a basic case of hyperinflation. The dinar "investment" has been debated to death and it all comes down to the inlfated money supply. Iraq cannot "RV" out of a hyperinflated state unless they do it in small increments over decades. This is the bottom line that no one wants to admit to themselves. It is funny to continue to read daily about the "RV" like it is a real thing. Thousands of people still believe that a RV back to a non-hyperinflated state overnight is going to occur any day now. False statements of Iraqs "wealth". Hype about the summit, HCL, Ebril, chapter 7. All meaningless. Arguments about all the companies wanting to do business in Iraq like this somehow allows a massive overnight "RV". Its all wishful thinking and a complete disregard of economics principals.

I really wish that this "investment" would turn away from the overnight millionarism mentality and turn towards reality. The reality is this is a LONG term "investment" and that is if they do not RD like they have made perfectly clear that they will. I guess this fact isnt good for the "positive" community here on the dinar sites. Facts and common sense need to be left to "negative" people so that the "positive" community can remain "positive".

• Upvote 2

I'm curious. I am not trying to start trouble or anything. But, why do you hang and post on these sites if you do not believe in a rv? If you feel there is no way we will make money I would assume you being a smart man would not own a useless piece of paper. So why do you continue to post? Like I said, I am not starting trouble, I am just wondering why you continue to post if you have no financial ties. I truely do look for your response. I am just trying to figure out the lopsters mindset. Thanks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm curious. I am not trying to start trouble or anything. But, why do you hang and post on these sites if you do not believe in a rv? If you feel there is no way we will make money I would assume you being a smart man would not own a useless piece of paper. So why do you continue to post? Like I said, I am not starting trouble, I am just wondering why you continue to post if you have no financial ties. I truely do look for your response. I am just trying to figure out the lopsters mindset. Thanks.

Who are you asking?

For most internet forums there is no vested interest as such, its just a topic in which folks are interested and no money making or losing is involved. Maybe that interest came about for dinars by owning them at one point, but even if now someone does not (me for example) or even if a poster never did own them, why does that make it hard to understand that they just mind find the whole topic interesting? Why, or how, or under what circumstances do people accept a myth, drink the Koolaid. Why is it that they can not be convinced to see what, to the non Koolaid drinkers, seems obvious. Some of us may also be thinking how could this have happened to me?

You or anyone willing to offer thier view, thanks.

Well if they dont RD then we may make some money in the far future. If I have to wait thirty years to make tens of millions then so be it. Its the overnight nonsense that everyone insists has to happen. Instant gratification. Do you think that only instant gratification insisters should be here? What about the people who see it for what it is? A long term investment IF they dont RD which is a huge reason to be here. To see if they will or not.

• Upvote 1

For most internet forums there is no vested interest as such, its just a topic in which folks are interested and no money making or losing is involved. Maybe that interest came about for dinars by owning them at one point, but even if now someone does not (me for example) or even if a poster never did own them, why does that make it hard to understand that they just mind find the whole topic interesting? Why, or how, or under what circumstances do people accept a myth, drink the Koolaid. Why is it that they can not be convinced to see what, to the non Koolaid drinkers, seems obvious. Some of us may also be thinking how could this have happened to me?

I know people like you, you are the ones for what ever reason take the unpopular stance just because. Oh don't throw this logic crap at me because you know what the financial sector as a whole shows??? No logic. Who would have thought that so many would loose there life savings on such things as investments that were deemed to be sound or 401's only to find out some BS fund manager or hotshot finance guy lured them into a noose. What about the real estate market and sooooo on. Wanna throw your logic on that too?? Don't think so. For whatever reason the people that decide to invest in this Dinar thing its their business and as for the Team Lop what do you think your role here is to save the world from the evil dinar???

Seems like you guys serve your own koolaid. As someone posted before here why not take all this nervous energy you have and put it to good use helping out some other cause. You seem to have bright minds but huge egos. Save yourself now and find something worthy of your knowledge and go and challenge others. I am a believer and I think its mighty gracious the site owner allows this forum.

JMHO

Quad B)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I know people like you, you are the ones for what ever reason take the unpopular stance just because. Oh don't throw this logic crap at me because you know what the financial sector as a whole shows??? No logic. Who would have thought that so many would loose there life savings on such things as investments that were deemed to be sound or 401's only to find out some BS fund manager or hotshot finance guy lured them into a noose. What about the real estate market and sooooo on. Wanna throw your logic on that too?? Don't think so. For whatever reason the people that decide to invest in this Dinar thing its their business and as for the Team Lop what do you think your role here is to save the world from the evil dinar???

Seems like you guys serve your own koolaid. As someone posted before here why not take all this nervous energy you have and put it to good use helping out some other cause. You seem to have bright minds but huge egos. Save yourself now and find something worthy of your knowledge and go and challenge others. I am a believer and I think its mighty gracious the site owner allows this forum.

JMHO

Quad B)

I am sure that you feel better now.

Will you now attempt to explain why you believe Iraq will RV overnight out of a hyperinflated state which is completely impossible.

If you come with more rants instead then it will be clear to everyone that you do not have a clue as to what you are talking and you just BLINDLY believe in a made up RV myth.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I know people like you, you are the ones for what ever reason take the unpopular stance just because.

So you have assigned me and others a particular motive, ok. You can do what you like of course, but it seems rather rude and quite presumptuous of you.

Oh don't throw this logic crap at me because you know what the financial sector as a whole shows??? No logic. Who would have thought that so many would loose there life savings on such things as investments that were deemed to be sound or 401's only to find out some BS fund manager or hotshot finance guy lured them into a noose. What about the real estate market and sooooo on. Wanna throw your logic on that too?? Don't think so.

I'd be happy to actually. The housing collapse was a classic bubble, greatly enhanced by wall street (with our blessings). We took away all the incentive for lenders to qualify their borrowers (via securitized mortgages) thus leaving the incentive to just make and sell the loan. As soon as housing prices falter, the whole system collapses (and all the systems build on top of that one). We got just what we should have expected. I did not see it, but a number of other folks did and wrote extensively about it ahead of time. All perfectly logical in fact.

I'm not claiming that global finance is trivial or anything of the sort, its rather chaotic. But it does have bounds and limits that tell us what ranger of things can happen.

For whatever reason the people that decide to invest in this Dinar thing its their business and as for the Team Lop what do you think your role here is to save the world from the evil dinar???

"Nervous energy"? what is that? Also I have never said anything about people not being able to do what they want, nor of saving the world from the evil dinar. Why is it any more gracious that the site owner allows this form then any other? What the site owner allows is folks who are not paying for the VIP service to post here for free. Why does their outlook on the dinar make them more or less of a burden so allowing them to post is more or less gracious?

You seem upset that some folks do not agree that the dinar will make you rich. If you don't like what is said here, why not just not read them, why is the presence of those with a differing view a problem for you? Use the ignore feature if you don't like posts from particular folks.

Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You since you said a rv is a myth.

Thanks Keepem.

Cooked I guess you missed all of my above posts. Anyway.

I remember as long as I have been here people without anything to backup their positions would bring Scooters name up all the time. Hahaha... Now it seems it is Adams.

I never have and never will call Adam a liar. I disagree with his opinions but does that mean he purposely lying to people? NO. Many people believe Iraq can RV out of a hyperinflated state overnight and they would all be wrong but this does not mean they are liars when they say so.

Edited by dinarck

I am sure that you feel better now.

Will you now attempt to explain why you believe Iraq will RV overnight out of a hyperinflated state which is completely impossible.

If you come with more rants instead then it will be clear to everyone that you do not have a clue as to what you are talking and you just BLINDLY believe in a made up RV myth.

Thank you for making my point easy.........

Change your lop goggles, get off your high horse and pay attantion............ OK ready now?

Read my post again and tell me where I said " RV overnight" Ok

Now then why not try to run for office as I see you know how to spin it.

Quad B)

So you have assigned me and others a particular motive, ok. You can do what you like of course, but it seems rather rude and quite presumptuous of you.

I'd be happy to actually. The housing collapse was a classic bubble, greatly enhanced by wall street (with our blessings). We took away all the incentive for lenders to qualify their borrowers (via securitized mortgages) thus leaving the incentive to just make and sell the loan. As soon as housing prices falter, the whole system collapses (and all the systems build on top of that one). We got just what we should have expected. I did not see it, but a number of other folks did and wrote extensively about it ahead of time. All perfectly logical in fact.

I'm not claiming that global finance is trivial or anything of the sort, its rather chaotic. But it does have bounds and limits that tell us what ranger of things can happen.

"Nervous energy"? what is that? Also I have never said anything about people not being able to do what they want, nor of saving the world from the evil dinar. Why is it any more gracious that the site owner allows this form then any other? What the site owner allows is folks who are not paying for the VIP service to post here for free. Why does their outlook on the dinar make them more or less of a burden so allowing them to post is more or less gracious?

You seem upset that some folks do not agree that the dinar will make you rich. If you don't like what is said here, why not just not read them, why is the presence of those with a differing view a problem for you? Use the ignore feature if you don't like posts from particular folks.

Ok, Never said it would make me rich ( please point that out if you can ) however you tried to put those words in my mouth and as far as my gracious statment I stand by that too as you and others are not doing your group ( lopsters or whatever you want to declare yourselves ) any favors by putting the spin on my post.

No ill will towards you just setting the record straight.

Quad B)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ok, Never said it would make me rich ( please point that out if you can )

Gladly, I just assumed you are in the RV to a dime or better camp. Certainly most anti-lopsters are wouldn't you say? Sorry if that is a mistake. What do you claim CAN happen wrt an RV? (not will happen, but what is the range of possibilities).

however you tried to put those words in my mouth and as far as my gracious statment I stand by that too as you and others are not doing your group ( lopsters or whatever you want to declare yourselves ) any favors by putting the spin on my post.

Quad B)

Oh come on, I unintentionally put words in your mouth AFTER your "gracious" comment, and your comment was with regard to the site's owner being gracious by allowing us (as opposed to other non-VIPers) to post here. So you still haven't offered an explanation for that (nor have to of course :) ) . In contrast I could argue I think that one of the things that people come to this site for, is the debate. Thus an all-go-rv-all-the-time station would not attract the same visitors. Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lets just call it like it is. The only people that are going to make any significant money on the dinar are those who have websites with advertising, membership fees, and promo codes for the dinar dealers. If the dinar RV is such a sure thing then why would someone be relegated to an obscure section of a forum, and then asked to leave altogether for simply voicing a different opinion and calling out questionable info? Why would the site owner care what is said if he is 1,000% sure the dinar will RV significantly? I will give credit to Adam for at least having this section while other sites simply ban people from posting. But does anyone ever ask themselves why these dinar sites do that? They do it for the same reason a business doesn't want negative reviews posted about it on the web. The more negative reviews a business has, the more damaging it is to the business. In dinar land, a negative review is equivalent to a dissenting opinion on how the dinar will never RV in the way we are led to believe by the gurus, pumpers, and site owners (I would also like to add that there has been quite a bit of evidence pointing to the possibility of that outcome). This leads me to two important questions: First, is it ethical to heavily promote just one possible outcome of the dinar investment while making money from those you are promoting it to? And second, just how much money is being made by heavily promoting that one possible outcome?

Now I have to point out that I am in no way against people making money. I am a business owner myself and a capitalist through and through. But I would argue that if the monetary gain from these sites wasn't incredibly significant then all opinions would be welcomed and discussed freely.

• Upvote 4

Thank you for making my point easy.........

Change your lop goggles, get off your high horse and pay attantion............ OK ready now?

Read my post again and tell me where I said " RV overnight" Ok

Now then why not try to run for office as I see you know how to spin it.

Quad B)

Ok, Never said it would make me rich ( please point that out if you can ) however you tried to put those words in my mouth and as far as my gracious statment I stand by that too as you and others are not doing your group ( lopsters or whatever you want to declare yourselves ) any favors by putting the spin on my post.

Quad B)

O my mistake. Quadkid believes it will slowly gain value over decades. Hahaha....whatever.

Uhhhhhhh try again. Your were vested and maybe still are,but EGO & Revenge are the driving forces(lopsters) here and anything else fools no one. Lopsters can't stand that they may have been hoodwinked,and now feel they're sole purpose is to educate those that can't think for themselves,and degrade(koolaid,fantasyland........etc) those that believe and the percieved lying pumpers. Now they will tell you that they still hope this investment comes out on the positive side,but their posts do not support this claim.These weekend financial/world economic guru's enjoy stating the reasons why this investment can't succeed as many hope,but for the most part refuse to see how it can. The question I've asked numerous times from these fine gentelmen that has never been answered,how is it that for someone who presents themself as all knowing on this subject be talked into investing into something so simplistic to see as a non/minimum-winner without doing your due diligence beforehand? As you've stated above the outcome seems to be obvious..............right? Ego like Greed can be a good thing if held in check.Not in this case,its just plain and simple hateful spite. Of course these are my opinions.Best to those that are here for the right reasons.

Uhhhhhhh try again. Your were vested and maybe still are,but EGO & Revenge are the driving forces(lopsters) here and anything else fools no one. Lopsters can't stand that they may have been hoodwinked,and now feel they're sole purpose is to educate those that can't think for themselves,and degrade(koolaid,fantasyland........etc) those that believe and the percieved lying pumpers. Now they will tell you that they still hope this investment comes out on the positive side,but their posts do not support this claim.These weekend financial/world economic guru's enjoy stating the reasons why this investment can't succeed as many hope,but for the most part refuse to see how it can. The question I've asked numerous times from these fine gentelmen that has never been answered,how is it that for someone who presents themself as all knowing on this subject be talked into investing into something so simplistic to see as a non/minimum-winner without doing your due diligence beforehand? As you've stated above the outcome seems to be obvious..............right? Ego like Greed can be a good thing if held in check.Not in this case,its just plain and simple hateful spite. Of course these are my opinions.Best to those that are here for the right reasons.

Refuse to see how it can? I am still waiting to see how it can.

I notice you like to whine and cry everytime someone post the facts about the situation yet for some odd reason you never point out how it can "RV" overnight.

I know you love to make the argument that all of us that easily point out the delusion that the dinar world is famous for are all ego driven "negative" people but when are you going to actually attempt to show where we are wrong instead of making assumptions about our motives? The very fact that you have to whine and lable us whatever it is you think we are just shows that you dont really know what is going on and just choose to be "positive".

Please show how it can RV instead of spouting off that it can

• Upvote 1

Refuse to see how it can? I am still waiting to see how it can.

I notice you like to whine and cry everytime someone post the facts about the situation yet for some odd reason you never point out how it can "RV" overnight.

I know you love to make the argument that all of us that easily point out the delusion that the dinar world is famous for are all ego driven "negative" people but when are you going to actually attempt to show where we are wrong instead of making assumptions about our motives? The very fact that you have to whine and lable us whatever it is you think we are just shows that you dont really know what is going on and just choose to be "positive".

Please show how it can RV instead of spouting off that it can

Again i see you can't answer the simplest of questions. There is no whine or cry on my end for I don't blame others for my shortcomings. You can't even admit how you degrade others to try to prove your points. I also have never said that this investment can only go one way and am open to all views. Good try but you failed again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1