Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar will RV, but at lower Rate

DEAMAN

Rumor has been going around that Iraq will indeed RV, but not how most gurus are predicting...

The CBI knows full well that if they RV at a high rate, most dinar investors will rush to cash in. To counter this, they will RV at a lower rate with a new currency, say 1200 Dinar = 1$ and sit back. Once the initial RV has been established, the CBI may for emphasis, let it slowly drop down even lower, say 1300: 1. Once the general population has accepted the fact that this is the new rate, say in 1 year, most of the Dinar investors will have cashed out and moved on. By doing this, the CBI will shake most dinar investors off like a bad case of fleas...

The CBI cannot lose, they sell the dinar high and buy back low. Once they have achieved the desired affect, they can then proceed to ramp up the value of their currency, bump up here, and bump up there.

The bottom line is if you want to win this game, you are going to have to the go the distance, it is not going to be like winning a lottery ticket where you are going to be rich overnight.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 25

Rumor has been going around that Iraq will indeed RV, but not how most gurus are predicting...

The CBI knows full well that if they RV at a high rate, most dinar investors will rush to cash in. To counter this, they will RV at a lower rate with a new currency, say 1200 Dinar = 1$ and sit back. Once the initial RV has been established, the CBI may for emphasis, let it slowly drop down even lower, say 1300: 1. Once the general population has accepted the fact that this is the new rate, say in 1 year, most of the Dinar investors will have cashed out and moved on. By doing this, the CBI will shake most dinar investors off like a bad case of fleas...

The CBI cannot lose, they sell the dinar high and buy back low. Once they have achieved the desired affect, they can then proceed to ramp up the value of their currency, bump up here, and bump up there.

The bottom line is if you want to win this game, you are going to have to the go the distance, it is not going to be like winning a lottery ticket where you are going to be rich overnight.

1200 dinar to $1 is a WORSE rate than we have now, that would make 1000 dinar be worth $0.83 while now (at 1166 dinars to $1) it is worth $0.86 . 1300:1 is of course worse yet making 1000 dinars be worth $0.77 . Doing so with a "new currency" would also be pointless as this pretty close what the current IQD is exchanged at, so why have a new currency? i.e. this makes no sense. Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 8

Then they better quit educating their people that the rate is going to be equal to a dollar. Iraq is not worried about the little investors like us , its countrys holding dinar in their reserve that count. I don't think all these countrys that forgave iraq (paris debt) will take it to kindly waiting another 2 years for a true rate. By the end of the year iraq will be producing close to 6 millions barrels a day and they need a rate form international trading and stock markets.. They need foreign investors and companys to come in to help with jobs and to get their infracture going. But i don't believe in the high rate rumors but coming out about 86cents just makes to much sense.

We are all entitled to our own opinion. By the way, your math is wrong!

Well we know the rumor (1-1300 dinar) didn't come from okie;s site :lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm still going with a RV of .10 cents to .30 cents at first, then a managed float over two years to $3 to $4 USD to 1 IQD.

Iraq can better manage & cope with this without straining the economy. The IQD will continue to strengthen as the economy improves. Many will take the .10 cent RV & run rather than chancing it over 2 years.

• Upvote 1

Actually, it makes perfect sense, banks are all about making money not giving it away.

By initially starting lower, many investors will cash in. The CBI will buy up back their currency at a cheaper price then they sold it (they make money). Also, it reduces the overall volume of dinar currency worldwide.

This is for a temporary period, a phase, the next phase will then to proceed to increase the value of the currency as everyone has predicted it will. As far as a timeline for outside investors, that has been going on for years and what is another year or two more to a banker. By waiting, he is in control making money which is what banks like to do. They are going to bake their cake and eat it too.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 10

The 1200, 1300 thing made no sense to me...

bamagirl, were at 1166 to 1 now, I think what they meant was it will go to ~1000 to 1 and draw currency in and then go to 800 to 1 and so on and so forth. I think you probably already knew that and was being your polite self, my bad. I know what you're saying though about making no sense or is it no cents! hah! btw, how are you and yours doing? ya ready for Easter?

I don't think their are that many investors to really make much of a difference, we are chump change to the CBI. This is going to be epic. Its much more than us speculators dabbling in a couple of million dinar.

• Upvote 1

Your evidence that any, let alone many, CongressCritters own dinar is what exactly?

Word of mouth from a Senatorial aid I went to school with. That is why I started collecting. He also told me that a lot of Congressional people started collecting at that time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The CBI cannot lose, they sell the dinar high and buy back low.

but if a lowly dinar investor such as yourself can figure this out - wouldn't you think those entities who who have invested 'heavily' in the dinar, to the tune of millions, hundreds of millions, or more in USDs have done so as well? there's zero incentive for the little guy, and i don't believe short-selling some of your country's heaviest investors is exactly the best way to foster an environment of further investment.

so if investing whales ride it out, and guppies like us ride it out - i don't see your 'sell-high, buy back-low' theory as pulling in very much dinar from the global market.

• Upvote 1

Whales, snails, puppy dog tails, all will run to cash out if they feel their going to lose cash on their investment.

The thing is NOBODY knows for sure except for the CBI what's going to happen. The CBI holds all the cards, we are sitting back and guessing how they are going to play their hand.

You are right, if you hold on (which is my advice), you will do fine, but most will have herd mentality and stampede to the nearest place to cash in when they think their investment is going South! That's what the CBI is betting on, and knowing human nature, I think it is a good play.

Another piece of advice, if it starts to devalue, fight the urge to run and start to BUYING!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

That is why you shouldn't invest more than you can afford to lose. Forget about sell high-buy low. If you bought Dinar looking for a quick investment to get you out of a fix, you made a mistake. If you invested more than you can afford to lose, you made a mistake. I will sit on mine for as long as it takes to cash in at the rate I believe it will get to. If I lose it all tomorrow, I need not worry. I didn't invest more than I can afford to lose. I will leave you with this thought,

If your out-go exceeds your income, your up-keep will be your down-fall. Words to live by.

• Upvote 2

Link Please

• Upvote 1

I'm still going with a RV of .10 cents to .30 cents at first, then a managed float over two years to $3 to $4 USD to 1 IQD.

Iraq can better manage & cope with this without straining the economy. The IQD will continue to strengthen as the economy improves. Many will take the .10 cent RV & run rather than chancing it over 2 years.

If they RV at 10 - 30 cents they can only do that by leaving the currency with the 3 zeros in place. If they remove the 3 zeros and then RV the rate at 10 - 30 cents that would be a major devalue in their currency. The break even point just to maintain the same value after removing the 3 zeros is 1 new dinar to 86 cents USD. That would be the same as the currency with 3 zeros at 1,000 dinar to 86 cents.

So it can't RV anything below 1 new dinar to 86 cents unless they want to devalue the currency.

• Upvote 3

If they RV at 10 - 30 cents they can only do that by leaving the currency with the 3 zeros in place. If they remove the 3 zeros and then RV the rate at 10 - 30 cents that would be a major devalue in their currency. The break even point just to maintain the same value after removing the 3 zeros is 1 new dinar to 86 cents USD. That would be the same as the currency with 3 zeros at 1,000 dinar to 86 cents.

So it can't RV anything below 1 new dinar to 86 cents unless they want to devalue the currency.

Your. Math makes no sense. It could very well rv at 10 cents. There are many currencies in wealthy countries worldwide that don't match one for one with the dollar. Japan, Korea and China come to mind. I'm sure there's lots more.

When it rv's, our 000 notes will hopefully keep the face value of the new notes. Your example would make 1M dinar be worth almost $9k. I'll take that any day!! You seem to have the lop mentality mixed in with your explanation.

We will see an excellent return on our 000 notes, but the big money will be made when those of us that understand that the money made in this speculation is reinvented in a new, surging Iraqi economy. It's in the new, wealthy Iraq that the best returns will be made.

• Downvote 1

Exactly! :twothumbs:

There is merrit to start with the low rate---it would make many of the people who got it at the 3000 to1 rate cash in or the 2000 to 1 cash in and I have to trust ADam's Numbers or guess that there are not really that many foriegn spectulators out there certainly the majority did not not get to buy in at those rates and certainly in the over all out look there is not a significant amount of dinars held by private spectulators---to bother Iraq with them-----now and this is just my opinion from what I have ben reading and it is this---other then the dealers most everyone will cash in through thier own banks--{and Adam's option}-local control amd security for them ---the dinars will become part of the RESERVE currency of the host country But They will not want to hold it for long periods of time---THE DEAL HAS BEEN CUT ALREADY TO CASH THE DINARS IN EITHER WITH OIL AT A REDUCED PRICE OR TURNED IN FOR CASH OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME BACKED BY THE RESOURSES THAT JUST KEEP BEING REDISCOVERED AND PROVEN!

Have to dispute and rate that is less then a US DOLLAR , it just make sense as the most important issue is to instill to the IRAQI people that their dinar is worth at least the same as the dollar just so they use the dinar in every day life-[and internationally]--this must happen over night so they take thier dollars and turn them in for more valuable dinars-[not just increase value but wealth]--otherwise why would they stop using dollars-- I have a few other thoughts also but this is just my opinion

Possible, but highly improbable. It does not fit with anything that has been said, and will create many more problems than it could possibly resolve.

Anything below 1:1 is embarrassing and really quite the death wish for their business future.. They could not afford to do business any more than they can now.

No, they have openly announced many, many times that it will be more than the Dollar, and/or reset to approx. the old rate.

This is the same old concept, it would be a bad play, but sure they could do it if they wanted to implode like their neighbors have.

How is that going to balance anything, to create a trade parity... C'mon, get a grip on reality. Some things are just nonsense from the moment they are uttered. Just because it's logical doesn't mean it's practical or appropriate. JMHO.... :)

• Upvote 1