Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

C7 is not done....

Luigi1

From another site...

Advisor Muhammad: Iraq/Kuwait will meet in Baghdad April 15th; Kuwait will notify UNSC if a full agrement is reached.

Members of the parliamentary Foreign optimistic about the salvation of Iraq from Chapter VII

Advisor to the owners: Kuwait will of the Security Council agreed to lift the sanctions on Baghdad after a meeting April 15

Maliki directed to submit to the Commission re-distribution of fuel to the fishermen’s recommendations to support the fishermen’s quotas (the world)

Revealed adviser to Prime Minister of the existence of a crucial meeting between Iraq and Kuwait, leading to a report to the Security Council, including the approval of Kuwait to lift the sanctions on Iraq with the approval of both sides to complete the remaining obligations between the two countries, between a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, the parliamentary Raising Iraq from Chapter VII is not about Kuwait alone, but the conviction of the international community, and political pressure.

Gurus claim it was done at the Arab Summit. What are your views on this topic?

http://bit.ly/HQ92F4

RV may be after June at the earliest. more than likely September.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ban Ki Moon stated at the last UN meeting on Iraq that next meeting to see if Iraq had got their act together concerning Chap 7 would be JUNE 2012. I sure don't want to see Sept... but the way Maliki is going... everything will down the tubes in short order... Possibly JUNE?? BUT?!?!

Yup.

Oh, and sorry to see you are also a Yankees fan Luigi. I was just beginning to like you.... tongue.gif

Maybe, if the Yanks are lucky, they will get the opportunity to lose to the Angels in the ALCS. biggrin.gif

It looks like tha majority of the gurus had it all wrong about C7.

Ban Ki Moon stated at the last UN meeting on Iraq that next meeting to see if Iraq had got their act together concerning Chap 7 would be JUNE 2012. I sure don't want to see Sept... but the way Maliki is going... everything will down the tubes in short order... Possibly JUNE?? BUT?!?!

Agree. It looks like June at the very earliest.

• Upvote 1

Yup.

Oh, and sorry to see you are also a Yankees fan Luigi. I was just beginning to like you.... tongue.gif

Maybe, if the Yanks are lucky, they will get the opportunity to lose to the Angels in the ALCS. biggrin.gif

Angels will not make it passed Texas....I am also a Yankee......I am predicting Yankees vs. Detroit in the ALCS with the Yankees winning in 7....

Pay more attantion to what the the IMF does, and if Iraq accepts putting their currency back into IMF Article 8...this will make the IQD internationally tradeable....CH7 has NOTHING to do with their currency being internationally tradeable...CH7 is simply a guideline under which sanctions are placed on a country that is a threat to it's neighbors and the surrounding region. Take a look for yourself..people keep confusing the two, and simply do not understand that one has nothing to do with the other:

UN Chapter 7:

CHAPTER VII: ACTION WITH RESPECT TO THREATS TO THE PEACE, BREACHES OF THE PEACE, AND ACTS OF AGGRESSION

http://www.un.org/en/documents/charter/chapter7.shtml

IMF Article 8:

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/aa/index.htm#art8

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

They only seem to review the Chapter 7 issues twice a year, in June and December... So if they don't get released we will likely be looking at December as the next target date... Unless of course they change the manner in which they have reviewed Iraq's status than they have been doing for the past few years...

Most of it will likely depend on if they can solidify the proposals between Iraq and Kuwait that have been published in media reports into an actual agreement between the two nations...

Angels will not make it passed Texas....I am also a Yankee......I am predicting Yankees vs. Detroit in the ALCS with the Yankees winning in 7....

I like the idea of the Tigers and the Yankees in a game 7; and if Verlander is pitching, I like our chances A LOT of winning that game.

Wow, a Yankees fan.... and living in California, too? You must be one of those transplants. biggrin.gif

True the Yankees improved their pitching. And yes, the Rangers are the defending champs (AL). Prince Fielder to the Tigers? Nice.

But name the top 3 pitching rotations in baseball. I've gotta go Phillies, Giants, Angels (Weaver, Haren, Wilson, Santana, Williams/ Richards/ Mill/ Bell). Name the number one defensive outfield in baseball: the Angels. Add Pujols, Morales, a full year of seasoning for Trumbo, a rejuvenated Wells, and a very deep club at all positions..... I've got to like the Angels chances.

But I will give you this: in my opinion, the World Series will be won by one of these 4 teams (sorry NL):

Rangers

Angels

Yankees

Tigers

Pay more attantion to what the the IMF does, and if Iraq accepts putting their currency back into IMF Article 8...this will make the IQD internationally tradeable....CH7 has NOTHING to do with their currency being internationally tradeable...CH7 is simply a guideline under which sanctions are placed on a country that is a threat to it's neighbors and the surrounding region. Take a look for yourself..people keep confusing the two, and simply do not understand that one has nothing to do with the other:

UN Chapter 7:

CHAPTER VII: ACTION WITH RESPECT TO THREATS TO THE PEACE, BREACHES OF THE PEACE, AND ACTS OF AGGRESSION

IMF Article 8:

i meant to + you

Edited by welcome007

UN Chapter 7:

IMF Article 8:

Good point. I can see how it would be easy to confuse C7 & Aritcle 8.

• Upvote 1

From another site...

Advisor Muhammad: Iraq/Kuwait will meet in Baghdad April 15th; Kuwait will notify UNSC if a full agrement is reached.

Gurus claim it was done at the Arab Summit. What are your views on this topic?

http://bit.ly/HQ92F4

RV may be after June at the earliest. more than likely September.

i dont see any chance of any rv untill the new currency is on the streets of iraq....

they must be able to make change for the 50 dinar notes ...

the kurdish constitution calls for the dinar to include the kurdish language on it ... erbill will not be complete till the new dinar is avaliable to all especially on the open market where it is redeemable internationally .. its all about the new currency .. those other notes ..the ones we hold will eventually be obsolete ..

we are waiting for the new currency in my opinion ..

i think it has a chance of being here ahead of scheduled sept date ... im pulling for june .. but it could take till sept .. the new currency will not be released without a new value asigned to it ..

as far as the value of the old to the new currency ... im not sure besides what ive read ..... and im not going by someone elses so called inside intel .. i dont believe a word of it ..

looking for new currency and coins to be released... not some gurus line of you know what .... then and only then i believe we will know the rate of the dinars we hold

dont get me wrong .. i think the day the new dinar is released ....that very day .....that same day we will all know the rate

thegente, that is a great post. Over and over again we have herd that we don't need chapter 7 to RV. Could Article 8 be the determining factor in this whole thing? Just wondering. Oh by the way I gave you a +1....wish I had more.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, like I said before, the UN Chapter 7 mainly is a set of guidelines to sanction a country that is a aggressive or unhumanitarian, building/dealing with prohibited weapons, etc...Take a few minutes and read IMF Article 14 (where the Iraqis currency now stands with the IMF) and Article 8, which they need to accept and have their currency/monetary policy re-classified.

I just don't see anything that makes Ch7 pertinent as regards their monetary policy, but I do see IMF Articles of Agreement that have everything to do with their monetary policy. Now, there could be things we are not privy to, who knows, the US could be holding their feet to the fire and keeping them under CH7 sanctions to get them to do other things the US desires to see done, but that's just a speculation.

Edited by thegente

Well, like I said before, the UN Chapter 7 mainly is a set of guidelines to sanction a country that is a aggressive or unhumanitarian, building/dealing with prohibited weapons, etc...Take a few minutes and read IMF Article 14 (where the Iraqis currency now stands with the IMF) and Article 8, which they need to accept and have their currency/monetary policy re-classified.

I just don't see anything that makes Ch7 pertinent as regards their monetary policy, but I do see IMF Articles of Agreement that have everything to do with their monetary policy. Now, there could be things we are not privy to, who knows, the US could be holding their feet to the fire and keeping them under CH7 sanctions to get them to do other things the US desires to see done, but that's just a speculation.

Thanks so much for the info. How does this moving from Article 14 to Article 8 take place? Is it something Iraq has to request or go under review with the IMF. I really appreciate your view on this.

I'm not completely sure on what exactly needs to transpire for the move from Article 14 back to Article 8...could be one thing, or a combination of factors..maybe action by both parties (IMF and Iraq), dunno....Just knowing they need to return to Article 8 status is enough for me though!! I will contact the IMF and see what they say about this..if they tell me anything, I will post it.

Edited by thegente

thegente, that is a great post. Over and over again we have herd that we don't need chapter 7 to RV. Could Article 8 be the determining factor in this whole thing? Just wondering. Oh by the way I gave you a +1....wish I had more.

I would think Article 8 would carry more weight than C7. Also re-joining the WTO would make the IQD internationally accepted. Just my thoughts on all this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm not completely sure on what exactly needs to transpire for the move from Article 14 back to Article 8...could be one thing, or a combination of factors..maybe action by both parties (IMF and Iraq), dunno....Just knowing they need to return to Article 8 status is enough for me though!! I will contact the IMF and see what they say about this..if they tell me anything, I will post it.

I just read something about an important WTO meeting on April 20th. I wonder if this is where they would be discussing Iraq's possible move from Article 14 to 8. I have no idea, but I read it another thread that it was an important upcoming date for Iraq.