Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Updates on the Zimmerma - Trayvon mess

Bumper64

NBC accused of doctoring Zimmerman 911 tape

http://www.digitaljo.../article/322291

The network has launched an investigation into its use of an edited version of the 911 call by George Zimmerman that made it appear he shot Trayvon Martin because he was black.

The edited version of the now infamous 911 tape was aired on March 27 on the Today show. By editing out a few lines, Zimmerman is heard telling the 911 dispatcher that Martin was up to no good because he was black.A statement was issued by NBC today to the Washington Post. The brief statement, quoted by

Fox News, said,
We have launched an internal investigation into the editorial process surrounding this particular story.

The relevant portion of the transcript of the call is as follows:Zimmerman: This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.Dispatcher: OK, and this guy - is he black, white or Hispanic?Zimmerman: He looks black.As reported by New York Magazine, much of what Zimmerman said in the above portion was omitted. More importantly, the dispatcher's question, asking Zimmerman the race of the other person, was also edited out of the tape. Viewers were then left with Zimmerman saying,

This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black.

By selective editing, NBC portrayed Zimmerman as a racist, connecting Martin being up to no good with his being black. The reality is Zimmerman only mentioned Martin's race in response to a direct question from the dispatcher.Brent Bozell, the president of the Media Research Center, is quoted in the Washington Post saying the editing of the tape was

an all-out falsehood - not just a distortion or a misrepresentation.

Newsbusters, who first broke the story, also says MSNBC distorted the call in the same way in printed form, having Zimmerman volunteer the fact Martin was black after describing him as being up to no good. According to Newsbusters, although MSNBC changed its printed version, neither MSNBC nor NBC ever offered a retraction or apologized.NBC only took action when the Washington Post became involved and the network wrote the newspaper advising they were beginning an internal investigation.

Enhanced video shows gash on Zimmerman's head

See Video here: http://www.digitaljo.../article/322288

Sanford - A newly released enhanced version of the police video taken on the night George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin shows what looks like an injury on the back of Zimmerman's head.

According to

Orlando Sentinel, the video is an enhanced version of the surveillance tape released by the Sanford Police Department last week that showed Zimmerman at the Sanford Police headquarters after the shooting. The video was enhanced for ABC News by Forensic Protection, a California video and audio enhancement firm.The video shows what looks like a wound or gash at the back of Zimmerman's head when he turns his back to the camera. WFTV.com also reports the enhanced and sharpened video shows a gash mark on Zimmerman's head, and according to former FBI agent Brad Garret: "Enhanced video are often used by law enforcement to identify individuals, injuries. What you're able to see in this enhanced video is marks on the back of Mr. Zimmerman's head."ABC News notes, however, that in both the enhanced video and the original, no sign of blood is visible on Zimmerman's clothing.Digital Journal reported that the original video that showed Zimmerman being led out of a police car soon after the shooting, led to intensification of calls for his arrest because it did not show any of the injuries Zimmerman's lawyer Craig Sonner, claimed he suffered after Martin attacked him. The initial police report, according to ABC News, said Zimmernan was bleeding from the back of his head and nose. The report said he received medical attention at the scene of the shooting before he was taken in a police cruiser to the Sanford police station.Daily Mail reports that when Trayvon's parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, saw the original footage, they told CNN's Piers Morgan that the video proved what they "have known all along." Sybrina said: "We just looked at the video and we were just surprised because according to the police report, he sustained injuries, but when we looked at the video, it was obvious that there were no visible injuries. [there was no] blood on his shirt. I believe that this video is the icing on the cake."Digital Journal reports that Martin's funeral director Richard Kurtz, also said Martin's body showed no signs suggesting he had been in a fight. Kurtz said: "We could see no physical signs like there had been a scuffle, there had been a fight. The hands - I didn't see any knuckles, bruises or what have you. And that is something we would have covered up if it would have been there. The story does not make sense, that he was in this type of scuffle, of fight."Zimmerman had told the police that he shot Trayvon in self-defense after he attacked him and slammed his head to the pavement. Zimmerman had called 911 to report a "suspicious person" in the neighborhood. Digital Journal reports he told the dispatcher: "This guy looks like he is up to no good. He is on drugs or something." He said the teen was walking around looking at homes. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to approach the person and that an officer would arrive at the scene shortly. But Zimmerman disobeyed the instructions.But according to accounts, Trayvon, 17,was returning from a convenience store with a bag of skittles for his little brother and iced tea for himself. Trayvon's girlfriend Deedee, 16, also told ABC News that Trayvon called her in the last moments of his life, saying a strange man was following him. Deedee said she advised Trayvon to run.ABC News reports that Lawyer Benjamin Crump, representing Martin's family, has sent a letter to the Justice Department, asking for a federal probe into the killing and a "look into the fact that Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee met with State Attorney Norm Wolfinger on the night of shooting." Crump, in the letter, also claimed that members of Zimmerman's family were present in the police station on the night of the shooting. ABC News reports lead homicide investigator Chris Serino, in an affidavit, said he recommended manslaughter charges be brought against Zimmerman, but the prosecutor advised him not to file charges because there was not enough evidence for conviction.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

This tragedy is not about the media. The shooter went looking for a fight. I would understand if Trayvon had been lurking around someone's home or peeping into windows. He did neither of these things. He was simply walking down the street, talking on his cell to his girlfriend. I've seen many people pace back and forth while on the phone. The shooter placed himself at the scene; Trayvon did not confront the shooter. The way the shooter tells it, Trayvon was looking for a confrontation.and assaulted him! Doesn't sound llogical. Trayvon was not a long time resident of that community. The shooter is. Who would be more territorial? A person who calls the police 46 times, or a stranger walking around? Furthermore, who carries a gun while conducting the neighborhood watch? The shooter was not law enforcement, because if he was, I would hope he would have followed the dispatcher's instructions to stand down. Instead, the shooter was intent on confronting this young man. The shooter is very dangerous and people need to wake up and acknowledge that fact! It could have been your child or mine who died that day.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 18

You could see that scrape in the original video, he still didn't have any blood on his clothing, or anything else that indicated he sustained the injuries he claimed he did. The media can try to twist the facts, but not when everyone can listen to the tapes for themselves. You say the media is trying to play the race card, ok, but do they really need to do that when you can hear him using a racial slur? We have an unidentified witness thus far who claims to have seen zimmerman on the ground screaming help, yet all the other neighbors claim to have heard martin screaming, as well as two experts in the field who used vocal matching software to make the same conclusion. Seems the biggest question is did trayvon simply attack zimmerman? Well a lot of people are saying yes because zim had a scrape on his head, but it was obvious that a physical confrontation occurred so given everything else that we do know, it would be reasonable to assume that trayvon acted in self defense until otherwise determined.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 12

This tragedy is not about the media. The shooter went looking for a fight. I would understand if Trayvon had been lurking around someone's home or peeping into windows. He did neither of these things. He was simply walking down the street, talking on his cell to his girlfriend. I've seen many people pace back and forth while on the phone. The shooter placed himself at the scene; Trayvon did not confront the shooter. The way the shooter tells it, Trayvon was looking for a confrontation.and assaulted him! Doesn't sound llogical. Trayvon was not a long time resident of that community. The shooter is. Who would be more territorial? A person who calls the police 46 times, or a stranger walking around? Furthermore, who carries a gun while conducting the neighborhood watch? The shooter was not law enforcement, because if he was, I would hope he would have followed the dispatcher's instructions to stand down. Instead, the shooter was intent on confronting this young man. The shooter is very dangerous and people need to wake up and acknowledge that fact! It could have been your child or mine who died that day.

were you there??? :blink:

You could see that scrape in the original video, he still didn't have any blood on his clothing, or anything else that indicated he sustained the injuries he claimed he did. The media can try to twist the facts, but not when everyone can listen to the tapes for themselves. You say the media is trying to play the race card, ok, but do they really need to do that when you can hear him using a racial slur? We have an unidentified witness thus far who claims to have seen zimmerman on the ground screaming help, yet all the other neighbors claim to have heard martin screaming, as well as two experts in the field who used vocal matching software to make the same conclusion. Seems the biggest question is did trayvon simply attack zimmerman? Well a lot of people are saying yes because zim had a scrape on his head, but it was obvious that a physical confrontation occurred so given everything else that we do know, it would be reasonable to assume that trayvon acted in self defense until otherwise determined.

there you go, look at your own statement:

witness, "seen and heard"

others, "heard"

• Upvote 4

Such a SMALL box you live in......You should come out sometime....The real world is much bigger place.....

ps......Get a clue....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

:o

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Ok, I got negged for my opinion? Well, I know that when a person draws a weapon he or she should fully intend to use it. In this case, the shooter did exactly that. No matter what the media says, I can think for myself and the shooter created the circumstances because of his actions! And, I live in the great big world and have many relatives in law enforcement who tell me that in their expert opinion, the shooter instigated the incident, period. I mean what would anyone of us do if a person (especially a stranger) ran up to us holding a gun? My first thought is I am going to be robbed or hurt., or both. The media will routinely sensationlize a story, especially a shooting, resulting in death. However I am focusing on the events surrounding the call the shooter made to 911. It started there and I don't believe anyone edited the dis[atcher's instructions to the shooter to stop chasing Trayvon. Carrying a gun is a heavy obligation and the person has a responsibiliy to ensure publice safety; specifically knowing when it is justified to discharge that weapon and actually shoot someone. What if another stranger saw what was going on and came to Trayvon's aid, thinking he was being robbed? Would we have had two deaths? You can never take back killing another human being. So, the media can say what they want. At the end of the day, Trayvon Martin is still dead for walking in an unfamiliar neighborhood wearing a hoodie.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Yeah, an unnamed, unidentified witness. Also not just heard but analyzed by experts with specialized equipment.

I'm sure the due process of law at this point would not be helped if the names of all the witnesses (even minors) were blurted out to the world by this rediculous irresponsible media that taints the minds of the masses.

Good find Bump, if whats said is true then they should shut down both networks and pull there license to operate. Cause knowingly they opened up a whole can of worms. :angry:

I agree!

Yeah, an unnamed, unidentified witness. Also not just heard but analyzed by experts with specialized equipment.

your intellect has made your blind in many areas. :(

You missed the point, or don't care?, that a witness that "sees" & "hears" something is more credible that someone just "hearing", or someone not even present making claims.

• Upvote 3

I'm sure the due process of law at this point would not be helped if the names of all the witnesses (even minors) were blurted out to the world by this rediculous irresponsible media that taints the minds of the masses.

I agree!

your intellect has made your blind in many areas. :(

You missed the point, or don't care?, that a witness that "sees" & "hears" something is more credible that someone just "hearing", or someone not even present making claims.

I hear you, but it just seems sketchy that all the other witnesses were identified, the only difference is their versions of what happened, so who knows.

Hmm, really how so? I agree that an eyewitness is more credible but that doesn't mean that a. the witness exists or was not planted, and b. the witness is credible and not lying. With this being the only witness amongst the others that is not yet identified, it just seems sketchy thats all, and from what is known, it seems obvious to me that the benefit of the doubt should go to Martin imo.

Edited by NEODinar
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, I got negged for my opinion? Well, I know that when a person draws a weapon he or she should fully intend to use it. In this case, the shooter did exactly that. No matter what the media says, I can think for myself and the shooter created the circumstances because of his actions! And, I live in the great big world and have many relatives in law enforcement who tell me that in their expert opinion, the shooter instigated the incident, period. I mean what would anyone of us do if a person (especially a stranger) ran up to us holding a gun? My first thought is I am going to be robbed or hurt., or both. The media will routinely sensationlize a story, especially a shooting, resulting in death. However I am focusing on the events surrounding the call the shooter made to 911. It started there and I don't believe anyone edited the dis[atcher's instructions to the shooter to stop chasing Trayvon. Carrying a gun is a heavy obligation and the person has a responsibiliy to ensure publice safety; specifically knowing when it is justified to discharge that weapon and actually shoot someone. What if another stranger saw what was going on and came to Trayvon's aid, thinking he was being robbed? Would we have had two deaths? You can never take back killing another human being. So, the media can say what they want. At the end of the day, Trayvon Martin is still dead for walking in an unfamiliar neighborhood wearing a hoodie.

see, your opinion is flawed. You have prejudged a situation, and you were not there. You cling to the "little boy with candy" image in your mind. You do not know when the firearm was drawn, but you conclude that someone is running up with a gun pointing at you. The 911 audi tape was edited. You are not acknowledging any legitimate circumstances may be possible, any possible wrong doing by Martin, any previous crimes in this community. You are stuck with an image of a racially motivated assasin attacking an innocent little boy with candy taking a shortcut home. We can all thank the media for what they have done to your mind. Now, you should probably wake up from this bad dream and stop fuel the fire of ignorrance by continuing the spread of the lies.

• Upvote 5

see, your opinion is flawed. You have prejudged a situation, and you were not there. You cling to the "little boy with candy" image in your mind. You do not know when the firearm was drawn, but you conclude that someone is running up with a gun pointing at you. The 911 audi tape was edited. You are not acknowledging any legitimate circumstances may be possible, any possible wrong doing by Martin, any previous crimes in this community. You are stuck with an image of a racially motivated assasin attacking an innocent little boy with candy taking a shortcut home. We can all thank the media for what they have done to your mind. Now, you should probably wake up from this bad dream and stop fuel the fire of ignorrance by continuing the spread of the lies.

Here...Here (applause)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

and then there's this - how many people will decide to take vengeance into their own hands.

http://www.dividedst...-with-a-hammer/

Thank you TG. Where is the national media blitz? The fact is that America has been preconditioned for decades and they will never accept Black on White crime as racial related or hate based. We all know it is only racial when the tables are reversed; the media has made sure that we understand this.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 5