Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI: The financial budget for the year (2013) will adopt the new currency in Arabic and Kurdish

There are/were restrictions on military use but during this whole time they have been stocking up on military equipment buying tanks and fighter planes so its as if that didnt even matter! laugh.gif

I dont see how a RV would make them sitting ducks either.....they can protect themselves and even though the majority of the troops are gone, we arent gonna sit back and let anyone make advances on Iraq.....the US has invested too much into that country to let it fail or be taken over by anyone....

If anything having a higher valued dinar might increase its demand and acceptability for use in the surrounding countries....

Are you talking about frozen assets being held by other countries/banks?

Because those were ordered to be returned to Iraq awhile ago through a CPA order i believe it was to be added to the DFI funds....

Hopefultxn brought those links up before when there was a big topic about the DFI funds, what was really in them and what they included.....

If I was home I would post them for ya! biggrin.gif

There was an article the other day, that the money is still in the banks in other countries. The way the article read, when they get out of chapter 7 they have access to them. It made sense to me then why they were in a hurry to get out of chapter 7 besides the usual rhetoric. I will do some research, see if I can find it.

• Upvote 2

Yea thats one of many of the "Iraq must do list" in order to RV that has no substantial reasoning behind it.....CH7 has no restrictions on the currencies value what so ever....they have been under sanctions for decades and the value of the dinar moved up and down MANY times....

I agree Keep. I have researched everything I can find, and do not see where the Chapter 7 must be lifted totally to RV. We just had a small RV back in January, so I guess I would think that if they can do a small one, they can do a larger one. I think they would LIKE to be out of Chapter 7 for security reasons, but really don't think it is a must for them.

Iraq is paying their bills with the US dollar, they are spending lots of it to, but IMO it is putting them deeper and deeper into debt that they will eventually have to pay back, they need their own currency, IMO, they should have RV'D a long time ago.

Income to the GOI is in dollars from their share of oil revenue. For things that they want to buy from the US they certainly will pay in dollars (like say F-16s). But for domestic programs, government salaries, pensions, building projects etc. I would expect them to pay in dinars. Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Also their budget was balanced for 2011, and if they increase oil production modestly so will it be for 2012. So I don't see them going into big debt either.

There was an article the other day, that the money is still in the banks in other countries. The way the article read, when they get out of chapter 7 they have access to them. It made sense to me then why they were in a hurry to get out of chapter 7 besides the usual rhetoric. I will do some research, see if I can find it.

If you could find what you are referrencing that would be good.....I would like to see that also!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yea... the forum police have arrived.

if you want to come to a public forum and bring fictional statements, dont get upset when the informed, prepared, and engaged call you on it.

This site needs a wish and hope section.......dont bring fictional statements to the news section and maybe people wont question your position....... this is a forum to have a conversation......so lets have one. good day

As informed as you proclaim to be you lack tact and respect. There has been a great deal of negativity here lately and much has been due to people spouting off at others who seem to be less "informed". Please agree to disagree. Attacking another with statements about thier supposed knowledge does nothing for the readers except start fueds. We appreciate respectable and open debates but when it gets to name calling, please keep it to yourself.

• Upvote 2

Yea... the forum police have arrived.

if you want to come to a public forum and bring fictional statements, dont get upset when the informed, prepared, and engaged call you on it.

This site needs a wish and hope section.......dont bring fictional statements to the news section and maybe people wont question your position....... this is a forum to have a conversation......so lets have one. good day

I think what they are trying to tell you is you don't have to be an ass about it. love to all.

• Upvote 1

Yea thats one of many of the "Iraq must do list" in order to RV that has no substantial reasoning behind it.....CH7 has no restrictions on the currencies value what so ever....they have been under sanctions for decades and the value of the dinar moved up and down MANY times....

Just wondering, I respect your opinions, what do you think needs to happen for an rv to occur? As you stated thier currency has moved considerably since tanking years ago. What will it take to rv?

:) we are one day closer to June. :)

I'm with Goldie, the 1st of June (or before) is looking good. Go look at other posts/info if you want specifics to support the date. I see Goldie around the DV site, and she understands why we believe what is happening...

4 pages and maybe 5% of the posts pertain to the original article.....whats up with that??

Spot-on Bama...

• Upvote 3

Thanks betty. your right.....i came off pretty rough. To me it was the outlandish statement.....i couldve been nicer....my apologies nikeda....its hardto have a conversation with the tone i presented. however id love some response....lets talk dinar

you know its sad that much good dialogue and constructive debate often gives way to our inability to entreat one another with pleasantry, dignity and respect. because before we are investors, debators, intellectuals, christians, muslims, doctors, lawyers, employees and business owners..... we are people first. when we hop over common respect from one person due another, the glue to any stable community (online or otherwise), and begin operating out of "fictional" pride, we all lose.

perhaps in a later thread we will adapt better behavior realizing what must come first.

be blessed my friends. and thank you ever so kindly for the post OP. and quite sincerely i would like to engage the community on the cliche "worthless currency" however this thread and that conversation is unsalvagable in my opinion.

• Upvote 4

the articule says the currency will be in arabic and kurdish.

what happened to english.

they dont like us no more, now my feelings have been hurt. so if it rvs at $3,00 their not getting my dinars back. ill show them. lol lol

oldtimer

• Upvote 1

Just wondering, I respect your opinions, what do you think needs to happen for an rv to occur? As you stated thier currency has moved considerably since tanking years ago. What will it take to rv?

I honestly think the biggest hold up is the inflated money supply right now.....the oil production will go up within the next 4 to 5 years which will also help.....if they can find a way to stash away more of the oil revenues to the reserves as they have been doing then that will also contribute to giving the CBI more room to work with as far as the exchange rate goes....

But I dont think its all based on certain parliamentary bills or laws that a lot of people put so much faith into because none of those restrict the movement of the dinar at all.....

• Upvote 2

As informed as you proclaim to be you lack tact and respect. There has been a great deal of negativity here lately and much has been due to people spouting off at others who seem to be less "informed". Please agree to disagree. Attacking another with statements about thier supposed knowledge does nothing for the readers except start fueds. We appreciate respectable and open debates but when it gets to name calling, please keep it to yourself.

I would love to see where i was name calling. i said the statement was one of the most uninformed under researched statements ive ever read. I know your on the moral and respect train and thats fine and all, ive said my peace with nikeda. and just because you dont like that statement doesnt mean im being mean or just hateful to people.

My growth here has reached its heights. Challenging peoples leading statements is like pulling teeth. i love conversation and debates. the problem is people cansay whatever they want true or not as long as its rv. the first time you challenge anybody who says rv tomorrow or next week, like stryker, and you get chewed out. isnt that why stryker is gone. he couldnt respect someones critiquing of his rv proclamations, yet everyone backs him because he says rv everyday. the problem hereis people have concluded predetermined outcomes and dont like anyone who can punch holes into their storylines.

Honestly, i am at a point to where conversations here are pointless. I base my opinions off my own reading and research. im not here to convince you or anyone else im rght. im here to get to the truth without the hopeful fluff.....others are just here because they need someone to say rv tomorrow so they can sleep better tonight.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I honestly think the biggest hold up is the inflated money supply right now.....the oil production will go up within the next 4 to 5 years which will also help.....if they can find a way to stash away more of the oil revenues to the reserves as they have been doing then that will also contribute to giving the CBI more room to work with as far as the exchange rate goes....

But I dont think its all based on certain parliamentary bills or laws that a lot of people put so much faith into because none of those restrict the movement of the dinar at all.....

Personally I think the hold up has more to do with the issues of the structure of the banks in Iraq.

in my opinion nothing significant will happen without the new currency and its new breakdowns for making change in market places .. they are saying the new currency will be being traded in september ....if this is a fact.. we will see the new currency rates as well as conversion rates for old dinars to new dinars when the new currency is released.. now weather you decide to ride it out looking for demand to go up and send the rates higher is up to you .. they say they will have time period for old dinars to be accepted ..we will see ..according to this article they are saying 9th month .. to me this means september .. the new budget of iraq will be in new dinars .. starting first of next year.. thats what im reading into this... hope i didnt spell any words wrong ..

I would love to see where i was name calling. i said the statement was one of the most uninformed under researched statements ive ever read. I know your on the moral and respect train and thats fine and all, ive said my peace with nikeda. and just because you dont like that statement doesnt mean im being mean or just hateful to people.

My growth here has reached its heights. Challenging peoples leading statements is like pulling teeth. i love conversation and debates. the problem is people cansay whatever they want true or not as long as its rv. the first time you challenge anybody who says rv tomorrow or next week, like stryker, and you get chewed out. isnt that why stryker is gone. he couldnt respect someones critiquing of his rv proclamations, yet everyone backs him because he says rv everyday. the problem hereis people have concluded predetermined outcomes and dont like anyone who can punch holes into their storylines.

Honestly, i am at a point to where conversations here are pointless. I base my opinions off my own reading and research. im not here to convince you or anyone else im rght. im here to get to the truth without the hopeful fluff.....others are just here because they need someone to say rv tomorrow so they can sleep better tonight.

I believe in the possibilty of a RV/RD and sleep quite soundly thank you. Your OPINION of others is just that cause I doubt you know anyone hear on a personal level,but it's cool if thats how you feel .How can anyone be attacked about there opinion if it differs from yours?I have an opinion that my ATL Braves could when the NL east,does'nt make it so but it's my opinion,nothing more and I'm entitled to it.Now if someone says something as fact (which I hear quite often in another section) without evidence to back it up then I agree with you.But there still has to be away to present your counter without offending those you wish to engage. Best to all

• Upvote 1

[/quote

That's the second time you've slammed Stryker with him not being here to defend himself - you need to back off dude - it's not going over well.

• Upvote 1

Personally I think the hold up has more to do with the issues of the structure of the banks in Iraq.

Your right...we cant forget about that either.....that does play a role in this as well BUT I dont think its the majority of whats holding back the value of the dinar....

• Upvote 1

Sorry, but I do not think that Iraq can wait until then. They have so many different offers to assist, and who wants useless currency? Iraq knows this, and so do others!!! They will RV soon, they have bills to pay!!!!!!!

I apologize for the comment. i should have responded in a more constructive way. My entire point here is to be open for a conversation, not to present a response in a negative manner closing conversations.

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

+1 Keep, these people are in NO, I repeat NO hurry to do a thing with their currency even though their own people are starving and only have electric 6 to 10 hours a day..... The people are frustrated? Gee I wonder why with Mr. Dictator "aka" Malaki. It is so sad what these people are putting their citizens through, enough is enough

• Upvote 2