Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is it possible to have a in country RV?

Luigi1

From another site...

4-1-2012 Intel Guru Bear5642 HEADS UP, I JUST GOT THE CALL FROM IRAQ AND IT IS NOT TRUE. I REPEAT IT IS NOT TRUE NOTHING HAS CHANGED, I’M SORRY BUT THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM SOMEONE IN IRAQ AND HE SAYS NO...NO IN COUNTRY RV, I REPEAT NO IN COUNTRY RV...BUT WE ARE CLOSER THAN BEFORE. AT LEAST WE HAVE PEOPLE WE CAN SPEAK WITH IMMEDIATELY AND GET REAL ANSWERS.

What are your comments?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The answer to the question is yes. It was proved by Myanmar today. This morning the Central Bank website was showing the new rate of 818 kyats/dollar and Forex was showing the old rate of 6.41 kyats/dollar.

This was a DV rather than an RV but the principle is the same.

Edited by sandyf

The answer to the question is yes. It was proved by Myanmar today. This morning the Central Bank website was showing the new rate of 818 kyats/dollar and Forex was showing the old rate of 6.41 kyats/dollar.

This was a DV rather than an RV but the principle is the same.

Could this tad amout to not updating the FOREX rather than just a in country RV? Could the new rate show up any moment on FOREX?

I would think the value of any curreny would be the same in or out of country.

• Upvote 1

Could this tad amout to not updating the FOREX rather than just a in country RV? Could the new rate show up any moment on FOREX?

Exactly, but there could be timing issues and that is what some people would have us believe. Sooner or later the time runs out.

You would think that ..... but .... in this case the IQD isn't internationally tradeable therefore it doesnt have a value outside the country at the moment .... only what people are prepared to pay for it.

• Upvote 1

You would think that ..... but .... in this case the IQD isn't internationally tradeable therefore it doesnt have a value outside the country at the moment .... only what people are prepared to pay for it.

That's a good point you bring up. I never thought of it that way.

• Upvote 1

Last time iraq put out new currency they closed the borders and only those in country could exchange. the cbi holds exclusive rights to decide. There are no guarantees. The dinar is for use in iraq only, the cbi doesnt have to pay us a dime even if they rv, if they so choose not to. and i wouldnt be surprised at all.

Edited by truthful1

Last time iraq put out new currency they closed the borders and only those in country could exchange. the cbi holds exclusive rights to decide. There are no guarantees. The dinar is for use in iraq only, the cbi doesnt have to pay us a dime even if they rv, if they so choose not to. and i wouldnt be surprised at all.

Correct. They have done it before and screwed investors.