Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

POLL: Do you still think it will RV?

RV or Not???  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen to the Iraqi Dinar?

• It will RV a $1 or greater
    • It will RV above a penny, but less than $1
    • It will Bunny Ear
    • I thought I knew, now I have no idea. Could be any of the above.

As far as RV in general, if I did not think it would RV I wouldn't be here.

And I understand that.....But after 8 years of having been into this and following the discussions and debates ( most of them intelligent and sensible which made and still make sense to me ) it's only natural to get skeptical at times......There has been a lot of hype about this Dinar thing... It's undeniable......

I already re-checked a few times now my gain expectations which were objectively un-realistic in favor of some more down-to-earth ones.....I'm still trying to keep some hope that this will come to fruition at last and some gain will be made....

Keeping in mind ( I remind that to myself) that nothing is sure or guaranteed 100% no matter how "they" shout that in our ears a mllion times a day..... A dose of Realism is not only good but necessary imo.in order to keep sanity.....

Again I'm trying to stay moderately hopeful about the positive outcome of this (somehow) tragicomical ride....Good Luck to all.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

And I understand that.....But after 8 years of having been into this and following the discussions and debates ( most of them intelligent and sensible which made and still make sense to me ) it's only natural to get skeptical at times......There has been a lot of hype about this Dinar thing... It's undeniable......

I already re-checked a few times now my gain expectations which were objectively un-realistic in favor of some more down-to-earth ones.....I'm still trying to keep some hope that this will come to fruition at last and some gain will be made....

Keeping in mind ( I remind that to myself) that nothing is sure or guaranteed 100% no matter how "they" shout that in our ears a mllion times a day..... A dose of Realism is not only good but necessary imo.in order to keep sanity.....

Again I'm trying to stay moderately hopeful about the positive outcome of this (somehow) tragicomical ride....Good Luck to all.

Wow, umbertino 8 years????ohmy.gif

You are definitely a dinar veteran and probably have the scars to prove it. I have barely been in this thing 4 years and feel like an old man already with all the ups and downs, late breaking news, secret intel, unnameable sources, RV predictions, ect..ect...ect....!!!!!! tongue.gif

I want to get your autograph when this thing is over!! hahahaha laugh.gif

GP

• Upvote 1

I think most of you already know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyways...

10 cents with an open market float, a new lower denom currency released and a 90-120 day return period on the old notes. After that it's investment time, whether in the new currency, the Iraq stock market or traditional western type investments!

Lot's of scenarios... which will it be?? I'm betting my dinars on this one! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Wow, umbertino 8 years????ohmy.gif

You are definitely a dinar veteran and probably have the scars to prove it. I have barely been in this thing 4 years and feel like an old man already with all the ups and downs, late breaking news, secret intel, unnameable sources, RV predictions, ect..ect...ect....!!!!!! tongue.gif

I want to get your autograph when this thing is over!! hahahaha laugh.gif

GP

GP... 4 years is no joke either...smile.........About scars.... I certainly do not want to over-dramatize this........ Some emotional spanks were undoubtedly received.....But bearable , all things considered.....

Deal on the autograph ( and I want yours of course).... Best to you and all......on to the next day......

10 cents with an open market float, a new lower denom currency released and a 90-120 day return period on the old notes

End Quote

And I'd be more than happy with that.

Edited by umbertino

I think it is reasonable to assume that the RV will be at a good rate but not a phenomenal rate. My gut is 1 cent to 10 cents also.

My expectations are closer to 1 cent. That really does help me place things in perspective.

Heck even at 1 penny that is approximately your investment multiplied by 100 for a return on the investment. Meaning our investment $ X 100.

In the investing world if you get your money doubled you have hit a gold mine. Multiplying your investment X 100 is obscene profits! wink.gif

If it RVs higher than expected you ride the RV and cash in and that is just icing on the cake. If you hold too long hoping for even more money you will possibly make one of the most common and costly mistakes of investing. Holding too long in hopes of making even more and end up losing your gains.

It is all complete speculation that they will try and come out low and raise the rate to $1-$3 within a year to 2 years.

Look guys, just remember that nobody in 8-10 years has got the timing of anything right in Iraq. After all how many of us thought this thing would RV 100 times before now???sad.gif

As for me and my stash, I will take the RV and run! I will be on into investing in other things while this volatile ride possibly crashes.

Middle East war, a coupe, assassination, civil war, anything can happen over there right now. I won't be hanging around to watch the drama with my $ after the RV.

If I hold on to any IQD after an RV it will be a small portion compared to what I now hold.

I encourage my DV friends to at least not risk all your investment betting that you will make even better obscene profits if you just hold all of it longer.

That of course is just my opinion but one that likely may keep me from having regrets later.

I encourage some of you investors in this thing to not overset your hopes to cause you to hold too long because of a few people's opinions for even greater potential. Though these arguments seem reasonable it is not necessarily an indication of what will happen.

A lottery mentality is what causes many young (novice) investors to lose their britches on investments. It is greed and it is a powerful force to get sucked into.

Remember guys we are dealing with a totally different mentality here from our western mindset. If you haven't noticed they think completely different than we do on everything from religion, marriage, human rights, integrity, relationships, life, everything.

What is reasonable and makes perfect sense to us, is a completely foreign way of thinking to them. Westerners think everybody thinks the way we do.

Not trying to discourage anyone's dreams here but want to encourage you on the side of wisdom.

I believe in this investment and I know people with from a $200 to 1/2 million $ invested.

It is usually just the novice investors with the least amount of dinar who are likely to be greedy and hold too long because they may see this as their only opportunity to be independently wealthy.

It is only one of many opportunities for investment in this rare economic climate we are now in.

The key is to reinvest your proceeds and continue to increase them rather than spending it all away.

I hope I am totally wrong on this.

GP just wants everyone to profit off this ride!biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

Heck even at 1 penny that is approximately your investment multiplied by 100 for a return on the investment.

End Quote

You mean at 1 penny ( 1 cent) it's our investment multiplied by 10....Correct? It'd be 100 times our investment if it reaches 10 cents and 1,000 times if it gets at 1 dollar...

Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

Get out of my head! :wacko: I mean yeah me too,except for the eight years, hasn't been that long for me. If it had been eight years I probably would be hearing voices!

• Upvote 1

My concern right now is not so much with the dinar itself, but with the "5 STAR Idiots" in the government. They have shown time and time again that they don't know how to govern. I often wonder if (like our country) the Iraqi people would vote for the same people today?

• Upvote 2

I'm just waiting to see what happens when they release the Lower denominations, but due to the extreme ineptness of those paralyzed obtuse dolts in charge over there. No, I no longer think they are capable of an rv, but I will hold what I have until after the lower denoms. I am no longer waiting for erbil, security, HCl, or chpt. 7... Those are things they do not appear to have the capacity to complete... Imo they are forever frozn as they are, and those unresolvable issues are at the core of why I think it will never rv.

Edited by cranster

Great post umbertino +1 for you my friend!

My concern right now is not so much with the dinar itself, but with the "5 STAR Idiots" in the government. They have shown time and time again that they don't know how to govern. I often wonder if (like our country) the Iraqi people would vote for the same people today?

good point. The problem is I don't think there is a real deep pool for them to draw from. They all pretty much seem to think the same way as per their culture of contention, of not being pliable, and pride.

They see compromise as weakness and have no concept of negotiation as we know it in the western world.

If you disagree they stonewall you, strong arm you, result to underhanded tactics to crush you, or they kill you!

Fact is the western form of Gov't (democracy) probably will never really have a chance long term in that culture.

I am not so sure Sadam was as bad as many of the despots in the middle east. At least he was against Iran and refused to align himself with many of the Middle Eastern buffons.

I am not so sure that Maliki or whoever ultimately replaces him will not do so.

GP

Heck even at 1 penny that is approximately your investment multiplied by 100 for a return on the investment.

End Quote

You mean at 1 penny ( 1 cent) it's our investment multiplied by 10....Correct? It'd be 100 times our investment if it reaches 10 cents and 1,000 times if it gets at 1 dollar...

Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Umbertino I stand corrected and you are right. Still an incredible return on any investment.

GP

• Upvote 1

I just know anymore......sad.gif

These officials in the M.E. have never been known for making decisions that make sense. Review history and you will see what I'm talking about. Go WAYYYYYYYYYYY back~

I'm afraid of our economy tanking before any RV. Then what? Help....I could use a hug! unsure.gif

• Upvote 1

These officials in the M.E. have never been known for making decisions that make sense. Review history and you will see what I'm talking about. Go WAYYYYYYYYYYY back~

I'm afraid of our economy tanking before any RV. Then what? Help....I could use a hug! unsure.gif

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) !

Its gonna be ok!

Azgoldengirl, if the USD and our economy tanks before the r/v be thankful it didn't happen after you traded your IQD. Just like gold and silver, holding the foreign currency of a country with a resource backed currency is a smart move. I don't trust the direction we are currently heading and plan on buying metals, and some promising foreign currency after IQD to hedge Washington. Probably new IQD demons, china, dong, and the safe KWD. Also a country rebuilding like Iraq, telecommunications, power, tourism and construction investing there is a good prospective too( OSI and VIP) are a great investment that will help facilitate offshore investing.

• Upvote 1