Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

POLL: Do you still think it will RV?

RV or Not???  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen to the Iraqi Dinar?

• It will RV a $1 or greater
    • It will RV above a penny, but less than $1
    • It will Bunny Ear
    • I thought I knew, now I have no idea. Could be any of the above.

I thought it would go up to $3...then I thought it would bunny ear...now, I have no freakin clue.

I do agree with Keep. I do think it will go up in value...just praying that happens prior to an RD. They really should make a "crossing fingers" emoticon !

I was in the any day $3 crowd. I was then in the 6-12 month 0.10 to $1 crowd. I'm now in the I thought I knew, but have no idea crowd. What's next??? LOPster??????

hahaha!

I started out believing $1-$3 minimum any minute 4 years ago.

Now I believe 1-10 cents almost any month now this year or next smile.gif

For now I am still in and hopeful. Just weary of the freaking ride!!

If this thing RVs above 10 cents then fruity pebbles for everyone are on me laugh.gif

GP

• Upvote 5

This reminds me of something I keep meaning to ask. Where the heck does "bunny ear" come from? I assume this means a LOP which means an RD (or at least I hope so as that is hoe I voted! :) )

I briefly though it would RV any day, when I bought in April last year. Then rapidly decided I had been delusional and a huge RV was not possible, and I still think that. It is possible that they won't RD and just leave the dinar roughly as is, but no way no how is it possible to have a 1000x RV. If the "delete the 3 zero's" plan happens, that is an RD for sure. So its true we can not be certain about what they will do, but we can be certain about some of the things they can not do.

Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Though this is the M.E... and they really don't freakin care what "we want" (imagine the nerve of these folks! dry.gif )... only what "they want"... but in spite of that... I still think it makes sense for a healthy revalue... this according to longstanding articles by Shabbs and others. So it is just a waiting game. How long? Well, I am no guru, but the fact that the Kurds just stopped exporting oil because they haven't gotten paid for 10 months for their exports to me is huge. ( This is an article just posted by butifldrm in this tread ( http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/112307-the-results-of-the-summit-in-front-of-parliament/page__p__919967__fromsearch__1entry919967 ). If they won't export anymore oil... how long before you think they finally deal with the oil and gas law???unsure.gif They seem to have Baghdad by the gonads! rolleyes.gif So maybe.... just maybe... we still might see some movement on this before we know it. Just my humble opinion! wink.gif

• Upvote 6

Though this is the M.E... and they really don't freakin care what "we want" (imagine the nerve of these folks! dry.gif )... only what "they want"... but in spite of that... I still think it makes sense for a healthy revalue... this according to longstanding articles by Shabbs and others. So it is just a waiting game. How long? Well, I am no guru, but the fact that the Kurds just stopped exporting oil because they haven't gotten paid for 10 months for their exports to me is huge. ( This is an article just posted by butifldrm in this tread ( http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/112307-the-results-of-the-summit-in-front-of-parliament/page__p__919967__fromsearch__1entry919967 ). If they won't export anymore oil... how long before you think they finally deal with the oil and gas law???unsure.gif They seem to have Baghdad by the gonads! rolleyes.gif So maybe.... just maybe... we still might see some movement on this before we know it. Just my humble opinion! wink.gif

I totally agree with you on this one! Iraq is so bold to say "Oh really? You say your going to pull out? OK OK We will make it worth your while"........then they walk away saying "Their not going anywhere lets hold off alittle longer". Well know they have been slapped on the side of the head................Now whutcha gonna do Iraq? I also believe that the RV will be pretty healthy. It will not RI but it will eventually get where it needs to be............1:1 is what I am thinking to start with!!!!

• Upvote 1

IMO this thing can go a number of different ways. But if I did'nt think there was a chance for an RV(at any rate) I would be gone like the wind. Who needs the roller coaster stress ride this investment can create,my life and businesses provide enough of that already.Best to all

• Upvote 1

There are things we want to see....and then there is reality. The resolution of which, I hope we see by 2013 at the latest. I hope for a high RV...whatever that value is. But having a strong opinion, forum "facts", and hope, does not necessarily change the reality that will be....whatever that is.

• Upvote 1

I thought April to June at .10 or more but now June to Sept.

I do belive the way things are going we will have our answer this year

one way or another.I am in the camp of low RV then go up in time.

I like Adam's senario best...It opens up a long cash in window time frame.

Adam Montana from another site...

3-29-2012 Newshound Guru Adam Montana I don't think a "slow RV" is possible, but IF that happens it would actually be a good thing because it would eliminate the possibility of a "cash in window". ...they will be forced to honor all denominations and at the SAME TIME they would be forced to release the lower denominations. I think it's more likely that they do a small "hard RV" then slowly grow, but either way, it's good for us. One way just takes longer.

• Upvote 1

There are things we want to see....and then there is reality. The resolution of which, I hope we see by 2013 at the latest. I hope for a high RV...whatever that value is. But having a strong opinion, forum "facts", and hope, does not necessarily change the reality that will be....whatever that is.

Very true....sometimes it takes a little while to see through those and really see the situation we are facing but I agree that whatever they have been planning to do is coming to an end here within a year or so....

• Upvote 4

I've only been on this ride a little under a year; so I can't even begin to imagine what some of those who have held this currency for 4 yrs. or more must be feeling. I think it's healthy to rant and rave for a little while and then go back to staying optimistic.

We are only a by-product of this emerging economy. It helps me to remember all of the Iraqi who are going through a lot more serious financial hardship and survival issues than most of us are. I know that good things will happen for all involved.

I'm looking more towards September...if something happens before then I will be extremely grateful. I believe it will RV for a $1 or more when it does. If it starts out low, I will hold out for the higher value. I need to have it at least a year to avoid high capital gains taxes anyway if what folks are predicting is true.

Hang in there baby!laugh.gif

GoRV!!!

• Upvote 2