Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Army Neighbor Retiring in a week????

1978parker

This is true story, promise. But it's probably nothing but wishful thinking. Just thought it was worth sharing. My neighbor who is a GhostRider told me last week that he is retiring in a week. He is probably in his early 50s which I thought was young to retire. Might be normal in the military which I am uneducated about. I wish I had asked him if it had anything to do with the Arab Summit but me being the dumb @$$ that I am didn't think about that until later. We haven't had a chance to chat since. GO RV!!! :D

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

You can retire after 20 years of military service and get a retirement check every month...but with this economy most can't retire...and will still have to work till they're 65 still.

so technically you could retire at 38. I doubt this has anything to do with the summit and most definitely don't have anything to do with tires :unsure:

• Upvote 3

Besides, Just because someone is in the Military doesn't necessarily make them privy to info....especially a currency revaluation.

My father retired at a early age as a G9 Chief Master....though.. that was many years ago.

PS... No offense intended ... Thanks for the post.

Edited by motox565

You can retire after 20 years. Making the youngest age of retirement 38. However they can't get pension until much later. It would have been something to consider if he said he won't need to work after retirement! I served with a guy who retired after 30 now is retiring from postal service after 10 an collecting his pension!

You can retire after 20 years. Making the youngest age of retirement 38. However they can't get pension until much later. It would have been something to consider if he said he won't need to work after retirement! I served with a guy who retired after 30 now is retiring from postal service after 10 an collecting his pension!

I was medically retired after 15 years of service in the Army last June. My pension, not VA disability benefits, but retirement started the following July. Had I been able to serve all twenty years I would have began drawing my pension the month following my retirement date at the age of 37 because I joined the active duty Army when I was 17.

Hey for all of you that posted the info about retiring, etc., THANKS! Now I know. :bow: As for the rest of ya, I said in my post it probably wasn't anything. I just found it interesting, etc. Lighten up! :shakehead:

Why don't you ask him? Just a thought.

Uh, like I said. We haven't had a chance to chat since. :huh:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2