Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

. Manmade Global Warming Refuted by New Study

delta22

Skeptics of manmade global warming claims can bolster their position with a new study showing that the Earth went through a previous warming period not caused by human CO2 emissions.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has argued that the Medieval Warm Period approximately 500 to 1,000 years ago was confined to Europe and did not affect the entire planet, “which means the worldwide warming we’re experiencing now is a manmade phenomenon,” the Daily Mail observed.

But a team of scientists led by geochemist Zunli Lu from Syracuse University in New York found the warming was not confined to Europe and actually extended all the way down to Antarctica, affecting the entire planet. The finding indicates that “the Earth has already experienced global warming without the aid of human CO2 emissions,” according to the Mail.

Following that period, the Earth cooled down naturally and there was even a “mini ice age.”

Professor Lu’s study — published in the journal Earth and Planetary Science Letters — relies on a rare mineral called ikaite, an icy version of limestone that forms in cold waters. The water that holds crystals of ikaite together traps information about temperatures present when the crystals were formed.

Lu’s team studied ikaite crystals from sediment cores drilled off the coast of Antarctica, and the crystals showed that the Medieval Warm Period and Little Ice Age extended to Antarctica.

The Mail observed: “Is this finally proof we’re not causing global warming?”

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Like it makes any difference.

We always knew that it was totally arrogant to think we could affect planetary temperatures.

The people who manipulate information for financial gain are behind the global warming scam, and will continue to use it to push "green energy." :angry:

You know those curly fluorescent bulbs that are supposed to save you so much $$$? They have mercury in them (huge health hazard, if you ever break one, run!) and can't be disposed of safely, yet we're throwing them into landfills right and left, and poisoning the water...and they cost enough to offset any savings. No savings for you, the consumer. All riches for the companies manufacturing them. I'll burn Alladin oil lamps before I'll use those dam things. :angry: :angry:

• Upvote 1

I flat out don't understand people's need to refute global warming being caused, or at least enhanced, by our pollution.

Pollution is inherently bad. We need to drastically reduce our emissions and toxic dumping. Who cares if affects global warming??

Are you saying that it is ok to pollute if it is not causing global warming? SHAME!! You would rather pollute the earth than increase costs of certain goods and energy? SHAME!!

Peace, Prosperity and Green lifestyles!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I flat out don't understand people's need to refute global warming being caused, or at least enhanced, by our pollution.

Pollution is inherently bad. We need to drastically reduce our emissions and toxic dumping. Who cares if affects global warming??

Are you saying that it is ok to pollute if it is not causing global warming? SHAME!! You would rather pollute the earth than increase costs of certain goods and energy? SHAME!!

Of course not!!! Are you saying it's okay to tout green energy when it's REALLY NOT GREEN AT ALL?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nobody said anything about it being ok to pollute. Guess you missed the point.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Sorry i don't buy into the global warming crap. <_< It's just a reason to have a global tax on people. I have read that scientist that did support this are in deep trouble because ther numbers just don't add up. :lol:

Nobody said anything about it being ok to pollute. Guess you missed the point.

tree hugger

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like it makes any difference.

We always knew that it was totally arrogant to think we could affect planetary temperatures.

The people who manipulate information for financial gain are behind the global warming scam, and will continue to use it to push "green energy." :angry:

You know those curly fluorescent bulbs that are supposed to save you so much $$$? They have mercury in them (huge health hazard, if you ever break one, run!) and can't be disposed of safely, yet we're throwing them into landfills right and left, and poisoning the water...and they cost enough to offset any savings. No savings for you, the consumer. All riches for the companies manufacturing them. I'll burn Alladin oil lamps before I'll use those dam things. :angry: :angry:

You don't know your info concerning lighting - nor the global climate change either. It's like the news from Iraq - you have to analyze what you believe. Many studies are paid for by oil companies that say there is no climate change. What motivation do the "green" people have for saying it's true? None. They don't make millions from the findings of thousands of scientists. But the oil companies and right wingers who support them? They make millions by saying there is no climate change. Then they can keep polluting.

Follow the money.

You flat earthers on here who continually vote against your best interests by voting Repug. need to start reading and :o thinking.

Yes, there have been prior periods of natural warming. Of course. That doesn't mean we aren't killing ourselves now. And if we're not sure, why not be on the safe side?

You people really cannot argue well.

Edited by hame55
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The Green movement is primarily about redistribution of wealth. I have never bought into Man-made global warming. That said, I dislike waste of any kind, I think conservation is a good thing as long as it isn't over regulated, and I'm happy to recycle whenever I can. A few years ago, when Al Gore was really pushing the green agenda, I got some fancy certificate paper and printed up some fake carbon credits to give to my liberal family and friends for Christmas. They were really happy to receive such a thoughtful gift in their name and thrilled that I had accepted the truth about global warming......until they found out it was a joke! Then they were just pissed! A few of them still aren't talking to me! ;)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The Green movement is primarily about redistribution of wealth. I have never bought into Man-made global warming. That said, I dislike waste of any kind, I think conservation is a good thing as long as it isn't over regulated, and I'm happy to recycle whenever I can. A few years ago, when Al Gore was really pushing the green agenda, I got some fancy certificate paper and printed up some fake carbon credits to give to my liberal family and friends for Christmas. They were really happy to receive such a thoughtful gift in their name and thrilled that I had accepted the truth about global warming......until they found out it was a joke! Then they were just pissed! A few of them still aren't talking to me! ;)

What's wrong with a little redistribution? Want a revolution instead? That's where we're headed. The 1% better watch their a$$e$.

As for your joke on your liberal family - joke's on you I'm afraid. All the scientists are on their side, except for the scientist/prostitutes who are paid by big business.

As for the dinar - haven't you guys talked about redistribution? You know, the big guys out there screwing us all the time? Now we get our chance? Hello?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I look at this global warming issue this way: The earth is millions of years old, and we've only been measuring temps for a short period of time relative to that (maybe 500 years or so?). So how can one possibly draw any reliable conclusions from that? Not to mention the fact that we know the earth is not a static entity. So much in the same way that we cannot call the RV, we also cannot determine one way or another whether or not the earth is warming, let alone determine whether or not it is man's actions that are contributing to that.

• Upvote 1

You don't know your info concerning lighting - nor the global climate change either. It's like the news from Iraq - you have to analyze what you believe. Many studies are paid for by oil companies that say there is no climate change. What motivation do the "green" people have saying it? None. They don't make millions from the findings of thousands of scientists. But the oil companies and right wingers who support them? They make millions by saying there is no climate change.

Follow the money.

You flat earthers on here who continually vote against your best interests by voting Repug. need to start reading and :o thinking.

Oh no, it has nothing to do with Al (Green) Gore wanting to make millions selling "carbon credits" to companies that pollute and then allow them to purchase more "carbon credits" from companies that don't use all their "credits", so they can keep on polluting. All the while passing the cost on to the consumer, instead of just making it against the law to pollute. Yea, that would make it too simple.

Are all you tree hugging liberals really this ignorant? Or just this gullible?

Followed the money. It leads straight to people that are smart enough to know there are gullible people in this world that will follow their cockamamie schemes.

Try following the logic.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I look at this global warming issue this way: The earth is millions of years old, and we've only been measuring temps for a short period of time relative to that (maybe 500 years or so?). So how can one possibly draw any reliable conclusions from that? Not to mention the fact that we know the earth is not a static entity. So much in the same way that we cannot call the RV, we also cannot determine one way or another whether or not the earth is warming, let alone determine whether or not it is man's actions that are contributing to that.

yes we can Its a fact. don't know if its man made or a natural fact but its a fact. So many people want to stick there head in the sand on this. or try to make it political. its a fact. weather you want to believe it is completely your choice.

• Upvote 1

You don't know your info concerning lighting - nor the global climate change either. It's like the news from Iraq - you have to analyze what you believe. Many studies are paid for by oil companies that say there is no climate change. What motivation do the "green" people have for saying it's true? None. They don't make millions from the findings of thousands of scientists. But the oil companies and right wingers who support them? They make millions by saying there is no climate change. Then they can keep polluting.

Follow the money.

Yes, there have been prior periods of natural warming. Of course. That doesn't mean we aren't killing ourselves now. And if we're not sure, why not be on the safe side?

Your premise that "green" people have no monitary gain from promoting "Man-Made Global Warming" is flawed and untrue. You need to follow your own advice and "Follow the money".........

There are Climate Geologists who have discovered ways to determine earths temperatures, moisture content, oxygen levels and so forth going back thousands of years not just 500...

I agree that there are "green" products and energy systems that are not very green due to the CURRENT manufacturing process of a key component. However, they still provide a beginning from which to improve, and get the public accustomed to less reliance on oil. We do NOT need more off-shore drilling, we need more conserving.

We are already making a habit of recycling - which was unheard of when I was a kid. We desperately need new ways to store electricity that are lighter, cheaper and greener than what we have today. We do not need more petroleum-based products and energy sources. These are limited resources anyway, so why not wean ourselves off of them now, since it will probably take generations to accomplish.

Big Business wants to maintain the status quo, because they are making buckets of money. Screw them. We need to give the EPA teeth and fangs, and fund green research (but intelligently with oversight, no more executive pocket lining).

We MUST start acting like custodians of our world, not renters who don't care how badly we trash the place. Our future generations need our consideration!

And screw you for even thinking "tree hugger" is some kind of insult. I am a tree hugger and damn proud of it! I do not assume every "green" product truly is. I was also educated in the sciences, with emphasis on experimentation and the scientific method - so I know "bad" science when I see it, as well as good science being misinterpreted.

Have some of the climatologists fallen victim to hypothesis bias - no doubt. All of them? No friggin' way! Could we be experiencing a natural warming cycle that just happens to coincide with the industrial revolution? The odds are heavily against it.

Have you forgotten the hole in the ozone layer caused by flourocarbons? We definitely CAN screw up Mother Earth.

Peace, Prosperity and a shout out to tree huggers everywhere

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Follow the money.

Oh contrare mofrare. The global warming issue is drummed up by a whole host of special interests leading right back to the pockets of politicians and industry types. An excuse to tax everything we do, an excuse to create whole sub-economies that are "supposedly" green when they are not and in fact do nothing to help the supposed issue. It's become some sort of religion for weenies. A faith based belief rather than fact based. All sorts of data ,anipulation has been uncovered in the greenies supposed research and that means they need to manufacture a problem and that they certainly have a stake in the game (usually financial or simpley control)

The truth is that our air today is 99.9% cleaner than it has been for decades so it's not a pollution issue at all my friend. Again follow the money. Look at the stupid carbon offset programs and you'll find fat cat millionaires manufacturing a reason for you to spend more money.

Blindly you follow because likely you are a good person and want to do what is right. But geeze look behind the curtain friends, be smart and don't let these people hijack your good intentions for their own greedy gains. For example the special flourescent lightbulbs that supposedly last longer (they don't),they cost 5 times as much, they create a horrible light that no one wants and they're full of poisenous mercury that goes right back into our soil via landfills. Case an point, don't cut off your nose in spite of your face. Everyone wants a clean earth and air believe me.Yes do good, recycle when possible etc. but don't buy the entire green agenda hook line and sinker cause you'll find all sorts of fraud (including the idea that CO2 is evil). CO2 is a very important part of our ecosystem so hey it's o.k. to breathe folks. Lets not replace one evil with another an think we're doing something great for the world (at an increased personal cost), that's just ignorance.

Oh and Go RV

• Upvote 2

Are there people and organizations exploiting climate change? Absolutely!

Are there people and organizations obfuscating the effects of climate change? You bet!

So neither the exploiters or obfuscators are actually solving the issue. And since research is a "funded truth" you can pretty much buy the results you want.

I am of the opinion that climate change is an actual phenomena with potentially catastrophic results- but I don't think mandating green technologies would be effective. But I also believe that better, cheaper and greener technologies are in development which the market will embrace simply because they work well and save money.

• Upvote 1

yes we can Its a fact. don't know if its man made or a natural fact but its a fact. So many people want to stick there head in the sand on this. or try to make it political. its a fact. weather you want to believe it is completely your choice.

Where did my map go? Why do my post keep getting edited. Is it because its april fools day? or is this forum really that censored

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 1

Your premise that "green" people have no monitary gain from promoting "Man-Made Global Warming" is flawed and untrue. You need to follow your own advice and "Follow the money".........

There are Climate Geologists who have discovered ways to determine earths temperatures, moisture content, oxygen levels and so forth going back thousands of years not just 500...

Even thousands of years is just a blip on the screen in the history of the earth. I'm not denying that the earth's temperature is rising. I'm just saying there's no way to tell if the change can be considered normal variation, or related to some cause. The representative sample, this being the length of time temperature data has been recorded, is way too small to be able to conclude a cause and effect relationship.

• Upvote 1

hame55

"What's wrong with a little redistribution? Want a revolution instead? That's where we're headed. The 1% better watch their a$$e$.

As for your joke on your liberal family - joke's on you I'm afraid. All the scientists are on their side, except for the scientist/prostitutes who are paid by big business"

<_<

So if the rich can't be "tricked" out of their money through the global warming hoax or be made to go along with it to avoid "mob rule", you would support a class warfare revolution to just take it? That is a very unAmerican attitude. Personal responsibility - limited government - hand up not hand out - that's the American way. Love it or leave it. Shouldn't you be occupying a park somewhere? Oh, and ALL scientists most certainly are not liberal sycophants and the ones who go against the psudoscience known as global warming do so knowing they will pay a price for pulling back the curtain. God bless them for telling the TRUTH!

• Upvote 2

Oh contrare mofrare. The global warming issue is drummed up by a whole host of special interests leading right back to the pockets of politicians and industry types. An excuse to tax everything we do, an excuse to create whole sub-economies that are "supposedly" green when they are not and in fact do nothing to help the supposed issue. It's become some sort of religion for weenies. A faith based belief rather than fact based. All sorts of data manipulation has been uncovered in the greenies supposed "research" and that means they need to manufacture a problem and that they certainly have a stake in the game (usually financial or simply control).

The truth is that our air today is 99.9% cleaner than it has been for decades so it's not a pollution issue at all my friend. Again follow the money. Look at the stupid carbon offset programs and you'll find fat cat millionaires manufacturing a reason for you to spend more money.

Blindly you follow because likely you are a good person and want to do what is right. But geeze look behind the curtain friends, be smart and don't let these people hijack your good intentions for their own greedy gains. For example the special fluorescent light bulbs that supposedly last longer (they don't),they cost 5 times as much, they create a horrible light that no one wants and they're full of poisonous mercury that goes right back into our soil via landfills. Case an point, don't cut off your nose in spite of your face. Everyone wants a clean earth and air believe me.Yes do good, recycle when possible etc. but don't buy the entire green agenda hook line and sinker cause you'll find all sorts of fraud (including the idea that CO2 is evil). CO2 is a very important part of our ecosystem so hey it's o.k. to breathe folks. Lets not replace one evil with another an think we're doing something great for the world (at an increased personal cost), that's just ignorance.

Oh and Go RV

The best post on the issue thus far. +10!!! :)