Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

United Nations confirms understanding between Kuwait, Iraq and the International Sanctions

31/03/2012 Source: http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=24345

Talabani's moon: We hope that we are liberated from the number (7)

United Nations confirms that the understanding between Iraq and Kuwait will contribute to the lifting of international sanctions

Baghdad - Al Sabah

said President Jalal Talabani said Iraq expects from the United Nations to support Iraq out of Chapter VII, as Secretary General of the International Organization Ban Ki-moon that the continuation of joint work and mutual understanding between Iraq and Kuwait help in lifting of international sanctions.

the President of the Republic in Baghdad yesterday, the first United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.

and cross-Talabani, a warm welcome to the presence of Ki-moon in Baghdad peace and presence of the Arab summit twenty-third, which embraced Iraq.

For his part, expressed the Secretary General of the United United was very glad for this visit has known on Baghdad from the ground has seemed to develop a more stable, secure and organized and sophisticated than it was in his previous visits, which was used in which the helicopter to move because of security conditions associated with those visits.

Moon said, according to a presidential statement received "morning "copy of it:" I'm really happy today in Baghdad, a safer and more effective and vital to the organization of such a regional forum the great Arab, "where he expressed his appreciation for the efforts of His Excellency the President and the Iraqi government to such positive developments taking place in Iraq.

During the meeting dealt with the situation and political developments in the Arab region, and the Secretary-General stressed the importance of Iraq to regain its important role, both regionally and internationally, and to help in its interaction positive with its Arab, regional and international community in general.

also said: "The success in organizing and hosting this summit is an important milestone in this path , and continue to work together and understanding between the Republic of Iraq and neighboring sister Kuwait help in lifting of Chapter VII. "

In this regard, the moon to his pride and support to Iraq, his people and his or her own large and its importance in the international community, saying: "I am a friend of Iraq and the Iraqi people."

He thanked the President of the Republic UN Secretary-General on his feelings warm, and confirmed the readiness of Iraq's full cooperation both with the international organization or with its neighbors and thereby helping to achieve stability, progress and development, said: "We are in Iraq, we expect all the support and backing of His Excellency the Secretary-General and the United Nations to help Iraq to restore its natural .. We hope that we are liberated from the number (7) with that number being optimistic it. "

He also met with Talabani in the Government Palace in Baghdad yesterday, the headquarters of the Arab summit, his Tunisian counterpart Mohammed Moncef Marzouki.

President Talabani welcomed President visiting, stressing that his presence and his participation in the Summit contribute to its success, especially as the complexity in this important stage.

also congratulated the President of the Republic his Tunisian counterpart again on the occasion of victories achieved by the struggle of the Tunisian people against dictatorship and conduct free elections emanated the Parliament and the Government, expressing the desire of Iraq, the strengthening of its relations with Tunisia sister.

For his part, thanked the President Tunisian Moncef Marzouki President Talabani for the warm welcome and generous hospitality and expressed his happiness holding the Arab summit in Baghdad, as it is a sign of the important position of Iraq in the Arab world and reflects the keenness of Arabs to the sustainability of the role played by this vital country, who scored the positions of the great by supporting the struggles of the Arab peoples and including the Tunisian people.

In turn, the Tunisian president his country's keenness on building a strong foundation for friendship and good relations with Iraq in all fields, adding said: "We have a strong desire to encourage business people and companies in Tunis to actively contribute in the reconstruction projects in Iraq."

As part of his meetings On the sidelines of the summit, President of the Republic President of the Council of State in the Sultanate of Oman and the head of delegation to the summit, Dr. Yahya Mundhiri.

received Talabani welcomed and thanked the greetings of Sultan Qaboos and his wishes for health and wellness to him and the success of the Arab summit, which embraced Iraq. During the meeting, emphasizing the importance of Iraq's success in organizing this Arab summit, which comes in the exceptional circumstances in the region and its countries.

have also been expressing concern for the development and strengthening of relations between the two countries, which serve the common interests of the peoples of Iraq and Oman.

and carrying the President of the Republic, Dr. Mundhiri greetings to Sultan Qaboos and his wishes to the Sultanate further progress and well-being.

within Therefore, he met with House Speaker Osama Najafi yesterday in the Government Palace in Baghdad Tunisian President Moncef Marzouki and the delegation accompanying him in the presence of the ambassadors of Iraq and Tunisia. The two sides discussed during the meeting, ways to develop bilateral relations between the two countries especially in terms of parliamentary work, as Tdarsa the importance of promoting tourism between the two countries .

• Upvote 15

I hope they would move a little faster for their people because here they sit eating Lobster while their people starve... Not good. Take care peeps, I will getting on my flight for a spot close to Iran. Might not go...

Edited by Lenape
  • Upvote 2

Don't get your panties bunched up folks, we been hearing for a week there talking and getting along witch is good but remember alls it takes is one of these fools to stand up and spit on the floor and its all over. We can only hope for a good turn out but its iffy. :unsure:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It definitely sounds like Iraq feels this is in the UN's hands now. Does anyone have info on if the RV should happen before or after the lifting of Chapter VII? I've heard arguments for both sides but I can't find documentation to back either (and I have searched - unsuccessfully). Good article - thanks for the post!

yes it wouldnt look to good bringing someone into the world trade organization when they are under international sanctions or chapter 7 ..

so now if this is finally lifted .. things may progress .. it wont rv as second after this is lifted .. but this is very good news for iraq

its like being on probation and today is the day you got off probation and you can finally go sit down in a bar and drink a beer without looking over your shoulder to see if someone is watching you and the threat of jail is looming no more .. your free again

it opens all kinds of doors it means iraq is doing the right thing .. i wouldnt want this lifted if they werent .... but evidently they are taking the right path .. good for iraqis!

freedom is way better .. they will learn to love it and never give it up .. our young soldiers have done a good job in teaching them .. training them .. and our elders have shown them the path .. and they chose to follow that path .. its looking good

• Upvote 2

its like the excited and anxious feeling you got as a kid when christmas is almost here, but this time we have no idea when it will be. keeps dragin' on and on and on........i sure hope it happens soon this is getting frustrating, but worth the wait. come on rv. B)

Great article Yota, thanks for finding it. I thought we'd see the RV first, then the Chap.7 lifted. Or, could it be they're getting ready to RV before the final lifting of Chap. 7? Either way, it seems to be moving quickly now. I think we're just around the corner... ;)

HCL is still KEY... have to have HCL and GOI seated anyway. Chp 7 is big, but need the other pieces to the puzzle for Shabbs to hit the button!!

Thanks for the Post!! Roll RV! emot-woot.gif

The Budget is not even in the Gazette yet for pete sake!! ;)

• Upvote 1

When are they supposed to meet again on chapter 7? I thought they postponrd it for 6 months back in December. So that puts us at May or June I would imagine before any sanctions are lifted. I am only guessing, but late May, early June would put them in line with a 90 trade in window of the old currency, to be completed in September. If my interpretation of the articles is correct (which it probably isn't)) September looks to be the most likely 3zero phase 3 start date. I dunno, hope this makes sense, the lovely female on the treadmill in front of me is jacking up my concentration...

HCL is still KEY... have to have HCL and GOI seated anyway. Chp 7 is big, but need the other pieces to the puzzle for Shabbs to hit the button!!

Thanks for the Post!! Roll RV! emot-woot.gif

The Budget is not even in the Gazette yet for pete sake!! ;)

I agree, HCL and GOI first. Maybe they haven't posted the budget yet because the RV rate is in it... ? :D