Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

just a rumor from outside source

dman13

If taking the view that the "event" is some sort of massive simultaneous realignment of the exchange rate of 100+ countries, then yes much coordination would be needed. I don't believe that line of thinking for a second as far too many people would have to be involved to keep it secret, and anything that is known only on dinar forums is basically BS. Or looked at another way I don't think there are 100 countries on the planet that get along well enough to do this sort of thing even if there was some motivation to do it all at the same time, which I also don't see. :)

So if its just Iraq that is going to change their rate, then I fail to see why any other country or bank or anything has to be involved at all and hence the "Europe wasn't ready" line just makes no sense to me (no slam on dman13 for passing it on, just a comment on this type of rumor). There is no global rate system or something like that. Floating rates change sec by sec and pegged rates can change anytime the associated central bank decides to do so. No one gets a warning ahead of time or needs to prepare in some way, it just happens and then that info flows through the system.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 2

If taking the view that the "event" is some sort of massive simultaneous realignment of the exchange rate of 100+ countries, then yes much coordination would be needed. I don't believe that line of thinking for a second as far too many people would have to be involved to keep it secret, and anything that is known only on dinar forums is basically BS. Or looked at another way I don't think there are 100 countries on the planet that get along well enough to do this sort of thing even if there was some motivation to do it all at the same time, which I also don't see. :)

So if its just Iraq that is going to change their rate, then I fail to see why any other country or bank or anything has to be involved at all and hence the "Europe wasn't ready" line just makes no sense to me (no slam on dman13 for passing it on, just a comment on this type of rumor). There is no global rate system or something like that. Floating rates change sec by sec and pegged rates can change anytime the associated central bank decides to do so. No one gets a warning ahead of time or needs to prepare in some way, it just happens and then that info flows through the system.

BULL. So Says..............DayTrader

Edited by DayTrader
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3