Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi PM says Arab summit turning point for country

SocalDinar

Iraqi PM says Arab summit turning point for country

March 30, 2012 - 19:14 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Iraq's prime minister on Friday, March 31 praised this week's Arab League summit in Baghdad as a turning point in the emerging relationship between Iraq and the Arab world, AP reported.

In a televised speech, Nouri al-Maliki said that his government lived up to the technical, political and organizational challenges to hold the Arab summit, despite doubts that the war-battered country would be able to provide security and logistics for the 21 visiting delegations.

Only half of the heads of states of Arab League members attended the summit, reflecting deep divisions between Shiite and Sunni Muslim nations. Most Sunni leaders stayed away from Baghdad, ruled now by al-Maliki's Shiite-led coalition government.

Al-Maliki offered his apologies to Baghdad residents for the strict security lockdown that kept people from leaving their neighborhoods. Also, cellular phone service was shut down across Baghdad for two days to keep insurgents from launching rockets with cell phone triggers.

Al-Maliki said the tough measures "were necessary to secure Baghdad during the summit." Insurgents threatened violence during the gathering, but no major attacks took place.

Iraq's top Shiite cleric also praised the summit and called for further action to reintegrate his country into the world community, his spokesman said.

Ahmed al-Safi, a representative of Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, said lifting old U.N. sanctions is essential for the country to gain full sovereignty. He spoke during a Friday sermon in the Shiite holy city of Karbala.

Through hosting the summit, Iraqi officials were seeking the support of Arab countries, especially Kuwait, to lift all the sanctions imposed on Iraq after the 1990 invasion of the tiny Gulf state by Iraq's deposed dictator, Saddam Hussein.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/101108/

• Upvote 8

All great news, but hardly the earth shattering news we were looking for.....namely about the RV. Which I did NOT expect to hear anyway :P But this is typical example of how most want to promote everything that is going on in Iraq as having something to do with the RV. When will we learn? The Summit was never about the RV.....come on everybody, use our heads and apply some common sense. Iraq has to integrate themselves back into the ME political scene....that's what the Summit was for. Successful or not.....that's another discussion I don't care to debate now. But the bottom line is this......when are we going to stop listening to anybody and everybody when they spout off about current events and tie them into the RV? :confused:

I go back to what I've been saying for the last 6 months or so......they are many many things that need to get done before we'll see the RV. Just to name a very few.....Iraq needs to pass the HCL in order to distribute the oil/gas revenue which still requires a current census and borders of the regions to be firmed up.....Iraq needs a complete GOI.....Iraq needs to be completely released from chapter 7. And then the politicians need to start working together towards and for the common good of the people, not their own self interests :bulb:

They just came out of the dark ages.....how can you expect them to move forward so quickly. JMHO B)

I think you are just setting yourself up for disappointment by jumping on each bandwagon after falling off the one that just crashed. So no Rv annouinced as result of Summit....next the chatter will be about the National Conference, then the June deadline...then the September deadline? What is the next target date after September? We'll probably then be saying they've got to RV before 2013 for some stupid budget reason :shakehead:

When does it end? Not for a while in my opinion (I get it, it's only my opinion) cause I think we are still a distance away from the end. Hang in there...it will happen, I think :twothumbs:

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 8

Iraq made some big announcements, it just did not have anything to do with the RV, as many had anticipated. However Maliki was pretty clear, the cloud of an autocratic government is over. Sooooo if he was being honest and forthright and he is coming out of the closet so to speak, then all road blocks from before may let some traffic through. It should be interesting.

Hey Tim, Zig, good comments on both accounts. I agree with Tim on there are those that see RV in every article and in the summit, it's over now, and we can move on tho the next order of business. We need the UN to lift the sanctions so if there is an RV, the IQD becomes a globally recognized currency. To me, personally beside the HCL law, these are the two most important steps to raise the value of the currency. Everything else is icing on the cake and amazing progress for Iraq. I would like to see this country move forward and they are moving in the right direction in the "BIG" picture, but the devil is in the details.

Have a happy Friday.

Thanks Tim,

I apologize to you and the DV community

I did not mean to promote or pump the dinar.

I think you under estimate this community.

Most are just normal people living day to day

Whats wrong with us having a dream however slight it is.

It's obvious that you are much more knowledgable than the rest of us

so I'll refrain from posting articles in the future.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Tim,

I apologize to you and the DV community

I did not mean to promote or pump the dinar.

I think you under estimate this community.

Most are just normal people living day to day

Whats wrong with us having a dream however slight it is.

It's obvious that you are much more knowledgable than the rest of us

so I'll refrain from posting articles in the future.

SoCal, Please don't stop posting articles due to the few who may not appreciate them. You are exactly right, most of us know the risks, possibilities, etc but CHOOSE to get excited, be positive, and hope for the best in every article. The investment doesn't change based on our outlook, but the ride sure is a lot more enjoyable. We are ALL speculating, we can do it from a glass half full or glass half empty view - to each their own - but I prefer half full! Thank you for the article, and please continue to post and comment - we can't afford to lose any more good guys!

• Upvote 3

All great news, but hardly the earth shattering news we were looking for.....namely about the RV. Which I did NOT expect to hear anyway :P But this is typical example of how most want to promote everything that is going on in Iraq as having something to do with the RV. When will we learn? The Summit was never about the RV.....come on everybody, use our heads and apply some common sense.

I go back to what I've been saying for the last 6 months or so......they are many many things that need to get done before we'll see the RV.

Did you break your arm patting yourself on the back... JK :D as my kids would say.

Actually you are making some valid points and for the most part I agree... That being said I do have a slightly different take.

I actually believe that (JMO):

Getting out of Chapter 7 is 99% done.

The HCL is ready to go and approved in the background - just need to publish it.

The GOI is a game that Maliki holds the cards to and can get it done anytime.

So... do I believe that there is a bunch to be done? YES, but I also believe this is more strategic (not by accident) and it can all be handled within days of each other. We could make the connection to an RV to explain why most things (That "we believe") that need to be accomplished are just in a holding pattern. WARNING: The next comment is only speculation as I don't want to be one to connect everything to an RV but there is reasoning behind my speculation.

Assume many savvy investors (Like You) knew that 3 or 4 things must be checked off in order to RV and then they would make huge profits.... If this is the case and we "Truly" knew this to be a fact then how dumb would the powers in charge be to give us warning signals... Really? OK... ONE...TWO.... (Everybody go out and buy as much Dinar as you can)... and Three WE HAVE AN RRRRRVVVVVVVVV.

I believe it is possible (Thanks to the forum we are on and others like it - not to mention really money people) They (Shabibi and Friends) know that we know what to look for.

Does my argument have merit? I think so, but then again it is my argument :D.

• Upvote 3

SoCal, Please don't stop posting articles due to the few who may not appreciate them. You are exactly right, most of us know the risks, possibilities, etc but CHOOSE to get excited, be positive, and hope for the best in every article. The investment doesn't change based on our outlook, but the ride sure is a lot more enjoyable. We are ALL speculating, we can do it from a glass half full or glass half empty view - to each their own - but I prefer half full! Thank you for the article, and please continue to post and comment - we can't afford to lose any more good guys!

Thanks Dinar duo,

I'm not that thin skinned and just making a point.

I know that Tim is as frustrated as the rest of us and he just needed to vent a bit.

The real truth is that NO body Knows if and when this will happen.

Including Tim

• Upvote 4

Well an engineer would say that the glass is neither half empty nor is it half full but the proverbial glass is obviously too big...... Go Shibibi......... :)

I have really never had the guts to say to someone's face ... "I told you so!"

But here it is different. It is just a screen ... with people on the other side, granted ... but no faces to stare back at me. I did say, more than once, that this summit was just a summit, a chance to try and impress the Arab countries and had nothing to do with an RV. Absolutley nothing!

so ...

I told you so!

Oh my gosh that felt good ... but I had better hit post before I start feeling guilty and erase it all

smee2

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

All great news, but hardly the earth shattering news we were looking for.....namely about the RV. Which I did NOT expect to hear anyway :P But this is typical example of how most want to promote everything that is going on in Iraq as having something to do with the RV. When will we learn? The Summit was never about the RV.....come on everybody, use our heads and apply some common sense. Iraq has to integrate themselves back into the ME political scene....that's what the Summit was for. Successful or not.....that's another discussion I don't care to debate now. But the bottom line is this......when are we going to stop listening to anybody and everybody when they spout off about current events and tie them into the RV? :confused:

I go back to what I've been saying for the last 6 months or so......they are many many things that need to get done before we'll see the RV. Just to name a very few.....Iraq needs to pass the HCL in order to distribute the oil/gas revenue which still requires a current census and borders of the regions to be firmed up.....Iraq needs a complete GOI.....Iraq needs to be completely released from chapter 7. And then the politicians need to start working together towards and for the common good of the people, not their own self interests :bulb:

They just came out of the dark ages.....how can you expect them to move forward so quickly. JMHO B)

I think you are just setting yourself up for disappointment by jumping on each bandwagon after falling off the one that just crashed. So no Rv annouinced as result of Summit....next the chatter will be about the National Conference, then the June deadline...then the September deadline? What is the next target date after September? We'll probably then be saying they've got to RV before 2013 for some stupid budget reason :shakehead:

When does it end? Not for a while in my opinion (I get it, it's only my opinion) cause I think we are still a distance away from the end. Hang in there...it will happen, I think :twothumbs:

I don't know why you feel the need to be rude! social just posted an news article, he did not have a commentary that tied this to the mid-east! but since you brought it up, do you know what that summit was about? it was the Arab Middle East economic summit, that being said I think it would be EASY to think maybe talking out the economic issues in the region! it is not a stretch! as far as tying every thing that happens in Iraq to the RV, that is easy, you could just as easily do that here in the US with anything about the president to the election.

people we have all gotten frustrated with this investment, and certainly have been more then frustrated with these pumpers that call it all the time. lets not start fighting with each other, if we ruin dinar vets it will get shut down and I for one do not want that!

however if you do want it be my guest to say you would like to be banned forever. I am sure a mod would be kind enough to do it for a few then let a few ruin the forums for thse trying to help us all!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2