Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Breaking news, second meeting between Maliki and Moon

Maliki is a doofus and I hear the faint sound of "a vote of no confidence" for next week or soon thereafter. He had a chance IMHO to be a much bigger player on the international Arab scene and instead it would appear thus far that he is out of his league at this level.

Maliki is not a doofus! All I ever hear is this same comment. Your very wrong! If Allawi were still heading up the government, there'd have been a civil war by now! Maliki represents the vast majority of Shiite's in Iraq who are 80% of the population. The people of Iraq would never except Allawi as the Prime Minister for long, at least not just yet. Maybe ten years down the road of a peaceful democracy.

You've got to understand all the logistics of trying to bring these people together. Allawi has all the Sunni's backing him. That should raise red flags since Allawi is a secular Shiite. Remember, it was the Sunni led Ba'ath Party that ruled and subjugated Iraq under Saddam for decades! The same ruthless Ba'athist's still exist in Syria, although until recently, not as authoritarian as Saddam's Ba'athist's were. Things are going to play out for sometime until there is calm.

By the way...the only way to take down Maliki is through a non-confidence motion over a financial bill such as a budget. That didn't happen this time. Only time will tell if Maliki can pull off uniting Iraq! Until there is government stability and security in the streets, I don't expect the monetary position to change much.

Have a look at all the political parties in Iraq and what their parliamentary seat makeup is. If it was like this in North America, we'd be screwed too! The only place in Iraq that has a fairly stable government is Kurdistan. Only two major parties left!

Political parties in Iraq 22px-Flag_of_Iraq.svg.png

State of Law Coalition and National Iraqi Alliance (159)

Iraqi National Movement (91)

Kurdistan List (43)

Others

Banned

• Upvote 3

RV,RV,RV!---------BEFORE APRIL FOOL'S-----------

(doesn't leave a whole lot of wiggle room, now does it?)

WoW

That's weird i was thinking today that if they RVD on Sunday that would be the biggest April fools joke ever..Millions of very unhappy people realizing that the dinar scam was the April fools joke of the decade lmfcao.

Come on shabbi push the big red button and change the world.already.

See Me In My Office ! :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Seeing as it is moon talking here and the refrences to mooning has been used ,would that not be SEE ME IN MY ORIFICE ? :P

• Upvote 4

Maliki is not a doofus! All I ever hear is this same comment. Your very wrong! If Allawi were still heading up the government, there'd have been a civil war by now! Maliki represents the vast majority of Shiite's in Iraq who are 80% of the population. The people of Iraq would never except Allawi as the Prime Minister for long, at least not just yet. Maybe ten years down the road of a peaceful democracy.

You've got to understand all the logistics of trying to bring these people together. Allawi has all the Sunni's backing him. That should raise red flags since Allawi is a secular Shiite. Remember, it was the Sunni led Ba'ath Party that ruled and subjugated Iraq under Saddam for decades! The same ruthless Ba'athist's still exist in Syria, although until recently, not as authoritarian as Saddam's Ba'athist's were. Things are going to play out for sometime until there is calm.

By the way...the only way to take down Maliki is through a non-confidence motion over a financial bill such as a budget. That didn't happen this time. Only time will tell if Maliki can pull off uniting Iraq! Until there is government stability and security in the streets, I don't expect the monetary position to change much.

Have a look at all the political parties in Iraq and what their parliamentary seat makeup is. If it was like this in North America, we'd be screwed too! The only place in Iraq that has a fairly stable government is Kurdistan. Only two major parties left!

Kurdistan List (43)

Others

Banned

Good post TFK, keeps things real. Allawi would be just a figure head actually, since he prefers home in the UK. They need someone who lives in Iraq and deals with the chaos.

:(

Kurdistan List (43)

Others

Banned

Hmmm didn't the keepin it real enigma known as 11ovarb not mention that the Kurds could be ones to derail the wagon.oh oh

The UN gave Iraq a pretty clear set of guidelines to get them out of Ch 7. It's not rocket science. It's their own fault they are still under sanctions.

Yup, with the political quagmire they're in it, it isn't going to be easy. I do have hope they can do it though. Much of Iraq are secular Muslims and truly want peace and prosperity. As long as they continue to have power and can keep the religious kooks at bay, they will succeed and so will our investment!

:) I truly believe this!! :)

Maliki has screwed the Iraqi people time and time again and this entire process every chance he gets. Maybe you think he is a good guy, but I think most people feel he is a procrastinating doofus. Sorry but when only 9 or 10 Arab leaders show up out of 22 potential delegates that sends a pretty strong message. They didn't come because he failed at pulling off the biggest opportunity to shine Iraq has had for over 20 years. Who is the Prime Minister? Where does the buck stop? His heavy handed ways are going to cost him in the end.

Kurdistan List (43)

Others

Banned

Quote" Only time will tell if Maliki can pull off uniting Iraq"

Wow that's the statement of the year. You go figure. I can't wait for the truth to be in laments terms cause no one has understood it yet. Yeah Maliki and uniting in the same sentence is a real kicker. I guess no one believes our own intelligence.