Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Low RV wait it out but how?

Mgigs

Ok, there is a lot of talk about a low RV.10 ( Still one heck of an investment)

If this is the case and you want to cash a little out ok. But what is the plan if you want to wait it out? Keep holding on to the physical dinar at home? Move it to a safe deposit box? Or is there a foreign exchange account it can be put in without converting it to dollars?

Would we even be able to convert it to the new lower denomations? Or would it even matter?

So the quick answer to all this I am sure is join VIP. But what other ideas are out there?

Thanks!

Mgigs

.10 is not going to happen...Iraq would not be able to de-dollarize their country at a .10 cent rate. If you are an Iraqi, which are you going to use, IQD worth .10 cents or USD? They have to be on par or above the value of the USD to make a difference. Keep your dinar somewhere you feel they will be safe, and don't tell anyone you have them there....

Edited by thegente
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I agree - it would be smart to come out at a 1:1 ratio.

One thing to remember - that this is Iraq - nothing is a given!

• Upvote 2

The only thing that's a given is that everything takes forever.

• Upvote 1

I know....the mice are coming out of the woodwork shouting about 3 to 10 cents "out of the gate". All that will accomplish is to bring the whales in who will buy-up the country. And, many of us holding 25,000 notes, will just wait until it reaches 1 to 1 or higher. A low rate will not de-dollarize the Iraqi economy. They need to present their people with a real incentive to forego their dollars for IQD and the only way they will do that is by instilling confidence in the new currency and giving it a value that is equal to or greater than the USD. For all those that crow "I will be happy with 3 cents", fine, go ahead and sell your dinar. The rest of us will be patient and wait for the IQD to rise to its anticipated level.

• Upvote 2

I know this may not be popular but a few points here for discussion. Please lets keep it respectful my friends.smile.gif

#1. There are many reasons people cling to in hopes of a high RV rate which sound reasonable on the surface but aren't likely to be the main considerations with the players in high finance that will make the decisions about the RV.

I think it is reasonable and realistic to plan on a .01 to .10 cent rate and then anything beyond that is gravy. (even Adam M. supports this likely rate view)

Even at this modest rate the returns on the investment would be far above average rate of return.

They have to be able to support the rate and maintain world confidence in their economy and gov't stability at the same time.

I don't think confidence in their Gov't stability is near high enough to support an out of the gate high RV.

Personally I don't see how a high out of the gate starting RV rate will instill confidence. Sadam set the Old dinar at a high rate but nobody wanted it. They still had oil then too. There was no confidence in the rate he set for its intrinsic value.

#2. Next It seems to me that you want people speculating on your currency that it will continue to rise/strengthen, and so purchasing it and/or using it. This is a sign of public confidence and demand. The higher the demand the more value and confidence is in the product. Why would you not want "big whales" buying a lot of your currency? If you are trying to reduce the amount of money in circulation all they have to do is limit the amount you are willing to sell.

My thinking may not be correct here but I am just approaching this from what seems in my thinking a logical vantage point.

3. Simplicity of conversion rate is seldom if ever the core of determining a value of a currency. Complex figures are used and rates are determined by confidence in and demand for the currency. These two things are determined by many complex factors used in the financial world.

4. Dedollarizing the country also is only one of the considerations involved. It cannot be the only primary motivating factor or else they would RV at a rate not likely to be in alignment with the other considerations aforementioned.

5. There is so much disagreement on the figures being used and even if they are truthful about the country's financial reserves, dinar in circulation, ect.. that it seems it would be really unrealistic to try and piece together concrete summations on what can or can't happen and at what rate.

I think it reasonable to assume that the rate will come out low with the hope and intent that they will be able to continue to steadily increase the rate in time to where it is more in line with other strong currencies in the region.

6. My final point for now is my personal feeling on the fragile nature in the Middle East and the obvious questions, tension, and instability in the Iraqi government and government process that anything can happen. War could break out, civil unrest, coupe, assassination of leaders, or civil war at any time in the future.

That being said my personal feelings are that as soon as this thing RVs I am cashing out and moving on to other investments. My caution is to anyone who has the kahoonas to hold on and try to ride this thing out for a better rate is that one of the most common mistakes of investing is to stay in something too long because of greed. To want to squeeze everything you can out of something before getting out. It is one of the most common investing mistakes that leads to many fortunes being lost. I will cash in most if not all of my supply immediately on RV.

Please trust my intentions here friends and hear my heart. It stands to reason that most popular posts are those that promise a very high RV at at least $1-$3+ rate.

My thinking is that it would be more prudent to start with lower expectations (which would still be way above average for an investment) and if it RVs higher then all the better.

Of course I realize there are plenty of people who will disagree with part or all my thinking and I respect your views and value your thoughts.

I am open to the fact that all or part of my post may be limited in scope but it is the conclusions I have come to after years in this thing.

I wish all my DV friends well and hoping for a big RV!

GP

• Upvote 16

There will more than likely be a cut off date to cash in. Before the cutoff date, trade up to the new IQD with your old. There will be a managed float after RV & after the cut off date so there will still be opportunities to make a go on this investment.

• Upvote 1

I know....the mice are coming out of the woodwork shouting about 3 to 10 cents "out of the gate". All that will accomplish is to bring the whales in who will buy-up the country. And, many of us holding 25,000 notes, will just wait until it reaches 1 to 1 or higher. A low rate will not de-dollarize the Iraqi economy. They need to present their people with a real incentive to forego their dollars for IQD and the only way they will do that is by instilling confidence in the new currency and giving it a value that is equal to or greater than the USD. For all those that crow "I will be happy with 3 cents", fine, go ahead and sell your dinar. The rest of us will be patient and wait for the IQD to rise to its anticipated level.

Totally agree Capt! Shabs wants to help his country not destroy them!

• Upvote 1

I haven't posted in quite a while. The names are all different, but the topics have not changed. 8 years and counting and my patience is still strong. I will cash in with a quickness at .10.

Edited by gman51
  • Upvote 2

End Quote

Right... It wouldn't be low at all.... It's about 100 times our Capital ( minus fees, commissions, spread, etc etc.) I personally have never made that kind of gain in all my life.....

• Upvote 2

If this is the case and you want to cash a little out ok. But what is the plan if you want to wait it out? Keep holding on to the physical dinar at home? Move it to a safe deposit box? Or is there a foreign exchange account it can be put in without converting it to dollars?

Would we even be able to convert it to the new lower denomations? Or would it even matter?

So the quick answer to all this I am sure is join VIP. But what other ideas are out there?

Thanks!

Mgigs

You cannot make a sensible decision until the details are laid out on all present bills, and the timeline is set on the withdraw of current currency.

• Upvote 1

one of the most common mistakes of investing is to stay in something too long because of greed. To want to squeeze everything you can out of something before getting out. It is one of the most common investing mistakes that leads to many fortunes being lost.

......, and hogs get slaughtered. sad.gif

Good post PB and well said. +1 to you

• Upvote 1

End Quote

Right... It wouldn't be low at all.... It's about 100 times our Capital ( minus fees, commissions, spread, etc etc.) I personally have never made that kind of gain in all my life.....

My 401K after 30 years, a mear 8% gain. IQD at 100 times, I'll be doing cartwheels after I fall on my knees & give thanks.

• Upvote 2

if this comes in at anything under .50 cash in ---- rebuy lower notes ---- hold on ---- after ya get through playing on your toys ya just bought ---- come back too the dinar vets site and share your stories --- of willd times ---- blowing you money and ----> looking to buy more hahahahhhahahaha ,,,,

.10 is not going to happen...Iraq would not be able to de-dollarize their country at a .10 cent rate. If you are an Iraqi, which are you going to use, IQD worth .10 cents or USD? They have to be on par or above the value of the USD to make a difference. Keep your dinar somewhere you feel they will be safe, and don't tell anyone you have them there....

I agree with you completely. Secondly, a .10 RV will not be enough to motivate many investors to cash in. I might cash in a few and buy more IQD and hold knowing that eventually the IQD will be on par with other ME currencies.

This is a tricky and interesting investment.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you completely. Secondly, a .10 RV will not be enough to motivate many investors to cash in. I might cash in a few and buy more IQD and hold knowing that eventually the IQD will be on par with other ME currencies.

This is a tricky and interesting investment.

many are forgetting ive heard this personally from one of my sourcces the IQD wil coexist for 2 years with the new so we will have 2 years to cash in. Also, what many are also forgetting if they come out too low that will create a bad black market for USD in Iraq and Iran which would be very bad for their economy. This is why i dont subscribe to .01-.10 theory plus they desperately need to dedollarize in Iraq where the citizens will start trusting the banks again and opening accounts with them.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 4

many are forgetting ive heard this personally from one of my sourcces the IQD wil coexist for 2 years with the new so we will have 2 years to cash in. Also, what many are also forgetting if they come out too low that will create a bad black market for USD in Iraq and Iran which would be very bad for their economy. This is why i dont subscribe to .01-.10 theory plus they desperately need to dedollarize in Iraq where the citizens will start trusting the banks again and opening accounts with them.

I agree. Also, I understand that there must be a specified time line to allow the old and new currency to float before the large notes are trash. I get that. My point is that the Iraqi economy has far more potential than it did in the Saddam era. Saddam raped the country financially and otherwise.

The bottom line is that Iraq has unrealized assets that are not booked. Iraq has enormous potential to become an extremely wealthy country. My observation is that the Iraqi's spend way too much time arguing over issues that could be resolved easily if they weren't living in the dinosaur era.

One thing I have learned is that the Iraqi's are not bright business people. I hope that they prove me wrong!

• Upvote 1

Guys, thanks for all the posts. I agree anything above where we are now is good to great depending on how high!

Just curious as to the ways to wait it out for a higer rate if we choose to.

Thanks!

With all due respect if they want to take the USD out they can at any time by passing a law making it illegal to posses USD

If they outlawed dollars do you think the Iraqi citizens would be a little peeved that they where forced to use a currency that is worth a lot less. I don't think the government would want to start a revolt.

Edited by crusher

I know this may not be popular but a few points here for discussion. Please lets keep it respectful my friends.smile.gif

#1. There are many reasons people cling to in hopes of a high RV rate which sound reasonable on the surface but aren't likely to be the main considerations with the players in high finance that will make the decisions about the RV.

I think it is reasonable and realistic to plan on a .01 to .10 cent rate and then anything beyond that is gravy. (even Adam M. supports this likely rate view)

Even at this modest rate the returns on the investment would be far above average rate of return.

They have to be able to support the rate and maintain world confidence in their economy and gov't stability at the same time.

I don't think confidence in their Gov't stability is near high enough to support an out of the gate high RV.

Personally I don't see how a high out of the gate starting RV rate will instill confidence. Sadam set the Old dinar at a high rate but nobody wanted it. They still had oil then too. There was no confidence in the rate he set for its intrinsic value.

#2. Next It seems to me that you want people speculating on your currency that it will continue to rise/strengthen, and so purchasing it and/or using it. This is a sign of public confidence and demand. The higher the demand the more value and confidence is in the product. Why would you not want "big whales" buying a lot of your currency? If you are trying to reduce the amount of money in circulation all they have to do is limit the amount you are willing to sell.

My thinking may not be correct here but I am just approaching this from what seems in my thinking a logical vantage point.

3. Simplicity of conversion rate is seldom if ever the core of determining a value of a currency. Complex figures are used and rates are determined by confidence in and demand for the currency. These two things are determined by many complex factors used in the financial world.

4. Dedollarizing the country also is only one of the considerations involved. It cannot be the only primary motivating factor or else they would RV at a rate not likely to be in alignment with the other considerations aforementioned.

5. There is so much disagreement on the figures being used and even if they are truthful about the country's financial reserves, dinar in circulation, ect.. that it seems it would be really unrealistic to try and piece together concrete summations on what can or can't happen and at what rate.

I think it reasonable to assume that the rate will come out low with the hope and intent that they will be able to continue to steadily increase the rate in time to where it is more in line with other strong currencies in the region.

6. My final point for now is my personal feeling on the fragile nature in the Middle East and the obvious questions, tension, and instability in the Iraqi government and government process that anything can happen. War could break out, civil unrest, coupe, assassination of leaders, or civil war at any time in the future.

That being said my personal feelings are that as soon as this thing RVs I am cashing out and moving on to other investments. My caution is to anyone who has the kahoonas to hold on and try to ride this thing out for a better rate is that one of the most common mistakes of investing is to stay in something too long because of greed. To want to squeeze everything you can out of something before getting out. It is one of the most common investing mistakes that leads to many fortunes being lost. I will cash in most if not all of my supply immediately on RV.

Please trust my intentions here friends and hear my heart. It stands to reason that most popular posts are those that promise a very high RV at at least $1-$3+ rate.

My thinking is that it would be more prudent to start with lower expectations (which would still be way above average for an investment) and if it RVs higher then all the better.

Of course I realize there are plenty of people who will disagree with part or all my thinking and I respect your views and value your thoughts.

I am open to the fact that all or part of my post may be limited in scope but it is the conclusions I have come to after years in this thing.

I wish all my DV friends well and hoping for a big RV!

GP

MFNG PtyLtd

YES THANK YOU FOR THAT I TOTALLY AGREE AND IT WOULD SURPRISE ME IF IT HIT HIGHER THAN 50 CENTS WAITING IS THE GAME AND I DO BELIEVE IT WILL HAPPEN YES WE ALL WOULD LIKE ABOUT 30 CENTS OFF THE BAT BUT THATS PROBABLY OK AND WOULD STILL GENERATE SOME SALES BUT 10 CENTS IS GOOD BUSINESS SO SIT TIGHT AND WAIT

• Upvote 1