Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's Official Chat 3/28/12

kcw

Thanks for stopping by Adam and bringing us your perspective... we appreciate it! And thanks kcw for posting, where would we be w/o ya'll??? blink.gif Again.. thanks so much!wink.gif

Just one thing left to say.... git-r-dun boyz, just git-r-dun!!!biggrin.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!cool.gif

I heard that a "sudden increase in wealth" can cause you to break out in a tan? rolleyes.gif Any truth to that Thug? wink.gif

First of all thank you Adam....but Rod you crack me up! You are always a bright spot in my day. Hope to meet you in person someday and take a look at your beautiful wood working!

• Upvote 3

If there is a hard 10 cent RV....you will probably have a certain time frame to trade in the large notes and during the time frame, the CBI wopuld hold the value at 10 cents. As Adam says, the CBI wants to mitigate their losses to investors otherwise most would hold onto their dinar until it did do up. As for investing in smaller denoms...it depends on what the CBI decides to do. It is more than likely that the dinar will not be traded on the Forex during the cash in time frame. It could be possible that you may be able to get lower denoms from dealers as we get the larger ones today....but you will pay a premium (spread) to get them. You would have to run the math to see if you thought you could make a profit taking that route? It all depends on what the CBI allows and doesn't allow during the cash in window? I'm sure Adam will make recommendations on this very thing if it RV's at 10 cents.....JMHO B)

Nice to see your positive/informative side today.. I agree with your take.

IMO the CBI will do what is best for Iraq and the profitability of the CBI (PERIOD).

Now we are down to thinking the RV will be most likely .10 to $1 USD WOW.....big difference all the sudden. Then it will titrate up......sure it will. With all the constant unrest going on there. I am not sure I want to ride that train. It could be a bumpier ride and less of a sure thing that the RV itself. Funny how the intel keeps changing even over the last few months here. I was sure hoping for at least 1:1 and it makes sense. If you truly want to make the Dinar the national currency and you want to get USD off the streets make it at least a 1:1 or even better 1.17 to 1 USD and watch the USD fly off the streets. I just can't see how they can RV at .10 it just doesn't make sense to me, but then again not a lot of what is happening has made sense to me. The reality is nobody, not Adam not anybody knows what is going to to happen with this thing until it actually happens. It gets tiresome watching all the waffling, predictions, excitement followed by utter depression. What a ride.........and on it goes.

+1 on this one Bshmitz...no one knows how this will play out or pay out. As our brother LaidBack is always saying

"STAY GROUNDED!"

We don't know because they don't want anyone to be able to do anything but take an educated guess working with contradicting Intel.

It's the biggest mystery since "Who shot JR?" laugh.gifBeing on par with the USD or a little above makes the most sense for us...but for them and the larger global picture...who knows?

If there is a hard 10 cent RV....you will probably have a certain time frame to trade in the large notes and during the time frame, the CBI wopuld hold the value at 10 cents. As Adam says, the CBI wants to mitigate their losses to investors otherwise most would hold onto their dinar until it did do up. As for investing in smaller denoms...it depends on what the CBI decides to do. It is more than likely that the dinar will not be traded on the Forex during the cash in time frame. It could be possible that you may be able to get lower denoms from dealers as we get the larger ones today....but you will pay a premium (spread) to get them. You would have to run the math to see if you thought you could make a profit taking that route? It all depends on what the CBI allows and doesn't allow during the cash in window? I'm sure Adam will make recommendations on this very thing if it RV's at 10 cents.....JMHO B)

No, the CBI will allow the iraqis to have 2 years to coexist the old notes with the new ive been told this personally and have seen this in artciles. So, yes we can hold off if it indeed comes out low at .10 which i think is rediculous. a 1 to 1 seems the way they should go because it wont get the iraqis to start using their own currency when the usd is worth more than the dinar. Bottom line the CBI knows they have to minimize the use of the USD also to get the Iraqis to trust the banks that way they will start opening accounts .10 doesnt allow that needs to be at par with the USd or a little more.

Adam mentioned the possibility of an RD. Lets pray they do not RD first then RV.

they will not LOP first

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

Adam mentioned the possibility of an RD. Lets pray they do not RD first then RV.

What I recall Adam said as it pertains to an RD was this; It would make more sense for them to RV the dinar first, then RD. He said they have to because they have no lower denominations. However he has always been frank there is a possibility of an RD, but he does not believe they will.

Great chat. I am wondering about the all the talk about Iraq wanting their citizens to stop using the USD and use their currency. Can anyone verify that that is the case? Second if that is true why would they not come out at least 1USD to 1 IQD? I know the best anyone may have is a guess to this question, but I am interested in anyone's thoughts?

Easyrider, that is a very good point you've made, i can't see.10 cents doing anygood at all. That would slow things down, Iraqi people would go into TILT with .10 cents, throw there circuit breaker and blow a fuse.

1:1 would be alot easyer for the Zombies. I always figured it would or should be equal to Kawait + 10 cents.... I know it will climb, but it will be really slow gettin there. Iraq will go to Kawait to spend there Dinar,

I think i'll go back to drinkin, smokin pot, if something don't happen in the next century !!! Good luck everyone....

+1 on this one Bshmitz...no one knows how this will play out or pay out. As our brother LaidBack is always saying

"STAY GROUNDED!"

We don't know because they don't want anyone to be able to do anything but take an educated guess working with contradicting Intel.

It's the biggest mystery since "Who shot JR?" laugh.gifBeing on par with the USD or a little above makes the most sense for us...but for them and the larger global picture...who knows?

No one knows including Adam Montana.....That's the true.

Stay grounded and keep it real.

• Upvote 1

There are a lot of people on this site that are hurting for money, a lot of lives has changed since all this began. I agree, I don't see them coming out with .10, but it would be a smart start. If there was a way to figure a percentage on the people just on this site that could use the money a .10 would give them. Now take that percentage of all the people holding the Dinar, Iraq would get a lot of the Dinars back, or at least cashed in. The money that it would save them rather than just coming out a 1 to 1 would be tremendous in my opinion. I also agree with the statement made by the other member previous, a .10 would still be good for the Iraqi people. Just my opinion

• Upvote 1

There are a lot of people on this site that are hurting for money, a lot of lives has changed since all this began. I agree, I don't see them coming out with .10, but it would be a smart start. If there was a way to figure a percentage on the people just on this site that could use the money a .10 would give them. Now take that percentage of all the people holding the Dinar, Iraq would get a lot of the Dinars back, or at least cashed in. The money that it would save them rather than just coming out a 1 to 1 would be tremendous in my opinion. I also agree with the statement made by the other member previous, a .10 would still be good for the Iraqi people. Just my opinion

To be honest that would hurt them more than it would benefit them. think about it, what would that do to inflation and that would indeed create a black market that is already existing inside Iraq for USD that would be catastrophic to there economy and the market place and you betetr bet your bottom dollar thats exactly what will happen they need to make the value at par or a little more with the usd or they are asking for trouble.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

"AMEN BRO. MONTANA"

"SIGN ME UP"

"LET ME GIVE YA A KISS"

"COME ON BABY, SWEET HEART"

"SUGAR PUMKIN"{

"WHAT A WHAT A

"PRAY PEOPLE PRAY

After it rv's im guessing i'll kiss anyone even thug,all that white chalky colour on my face, it was the icing on the donuts lol dave

"

• Upvote 1

...... why would they not come out at least 1USD to 1 IQD? ...

This is just my opinion, but to me it makes sense either way. I do NOT think a $1.17 rate would work simply because the math is too complicated - if they RV, it is going to be a MADHOUSE and the easier it is to figure the conversions the better it will be for all involved, especially the "common Iraqi" on the street there.

Think about it. At a 1:1 rate, the math is simple. 25,000 IQD = 25,000 USD. Any monkey can do that math.

At .10:1, 25,000 IQD = 2500 USD. Again, anyone can do that math - just take off a zero.

A rate like this keeps things simple and easy, which is VERY important as the Iraqi people transition into a new era, returning from this temporary poverty back to their former wealth.

Any other rate would require everyone to carry a calculator, would cause confusion, and that would cause problems, and we ALL know that the last thing Iraq needs during this time is more confusion or problems.

To be honest that would hurt them more than it would benefit them. think about it, what would that do to inflation and that would indeed create a black market that is already existing inside Iraq for USD that would be catastrophic to there economy and the market place and you betetr bet your bottom dollar thats exactly what will happen they need to make the value at par or a little more with the usd or they are asking for trouble.

Easy, I know you're a strong supporter of a solid $1 or more RV, and I respect your reasoning for it.

I have to disagree on one point, though - I don't think you are giving them credit where it's due. I think they could RV at a dime and still control inflation, just like they have done with the current rate.

In my opinion, the rate is a magic trick that they are manipulating at will, and I believe they can maintain stability at any given rate.

Regardless, your points are good and they could easily use your logic to justify a higher rate if they chose to.

I hope they do. :D

• Upvote 2

This is just my opinion,.....

At .10:1, 25,000 IQD = 2500 USD. Again, anyone can do that math - just take off a zero.

Would this low rate also help to keep the delicate balance of supply and demand in check?

Or is that not an issue when it RV's?

I think at a $1 or more pretty much everyone would liquidate a fair portion- if not all- of their holdings, thus flooding the market.

At $.10 and a tradeable currency, some will cash in, some [maybe] change out for new denoms, and there will still be a high demand as other investors see potential and will be buying.

Just a thought before the morning coffee kicks in