Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Atheists Sue State

krome2ez

Atheists Sue State For Declaring ‘Year of the Bible’

Filed under Christianity, Politics {18 Comments and 5 Reactions}

A national atheist and agnostic group is suing Pennsylvania lawmakers for passing a resolution that declares 2012 as “The Year of the Bible.”

MyFOXphilly reports the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) filed a federal lawsuit on Monday arguing that the Pennsylvania House’s declaration is unconstitutional.

The resolution, which was authored by State Rep. Rick Saccone, passed unanimously in January.

The lawsuit names Saccone as one of three plaintiffs, and claims the resolution is tantamount to the state endorsing “state-sponsored religion.”

They also claim to take issue with content in the Bible, including “violent, sexist and racist models of behavior that FFRF members find personally repugnant.”

Continue Reading on www.foxnews.com

http://frontporchpolitics.com/2012/03/atheists-sue-state-for-declaring-year-of-the-bible/

The resolution, which was authored by State Rep. Rick Saccone, passed unanimously in January.

The lawsuit names Saccone as one of three plaintiffs, and claims the resolution is tantamount to the state endorsing “state-sponsored religion.”

http://frontporchpolitics.com/2012/03/atheists-sue-state-for-declaring-year-of-the-bible/

Wouldn't Saccone be a defendant if he was being sued? One reason this country is screwed up is because we have unconstitutional laws no one has the money to fight. I'm glad to see an organization that does and that will fight. If the Dinar does RV the way we want then I can see many more lawsuits.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ship the Atheists to Iran maybe they will be happy and find something constructive to do.angry.gif

Very biblical, Lutie.

"Imagine all the people....."

-Lennon

Take them half way to Iran and drop them off in a shark infested spot in the middle of the ocean and see who they cry to for help.

Ummm. The coast guard? A passing fishing boat?

Guess I may be in need of a miracle in those shark infested waters....

I see church has done a great deal for you.

So VERY tolerant.

Atypical attitude you've got. But I'm thinking of my christian friends. Maybe you practice something different.

Edited by thatoneguy
  • Upvote 2

They have no right to sue anybody. Their rights is not being infringed upon they are trying to destroy the rights of others that don't fit into what they would like. When these people die Satan is gonna send his emps to bind them in chains and take them to the pits of hell where they have established their place. Take heed people you are gonna regret how you have rejected the true God.

• Upvote 5

They have no right to sue anybody. Their rights is not being infringed upon they are trying to destroy the rights of others that don't fit into what they would like. When these people die Satan is gonna send his emps to bind them in chains and take them to the pits of hell where they have established their place. Take heed people you are gonna regret how you have rejected the true God.

I agree w/ ya, Heavy. Christians turn the other cheek, so atheists should do the same.

• Upvote 2

I agree w/ ya, Heavy. Christians turn the other cheek, so atheists should do the same.

I for one am not a Christian that turns the other cheek when it comes to blatant attacks on my faith.

Revelation 3:16 "So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth." I never want to here that verse quoted of me.

I honestly believe that God is tired of pathetic, pacifist followers. Jesus wasn't timid timid when he trashed the temple! There is a time and place for turning the other cheek. IMO this issue and the onslaught of others like it is not one of those times.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

In a fair and just world, the Atheist lives a long prosperous life, before dying and returning to the earth, only to come back as a large beautiful tree, to which the lumberjack puts an axe to and ships off to the mill, so as to become parchment for the BIBLE to be printed on! (Stole this from Dane Cook). :P

GO RV, then BV.....GOD willing!

• Upvote 6

In a fair and just world, the Atheist lives a long prosperous life, before dying and returning to the earth, only to come back as a large beautiful tree, to which the lumberjack puts an axe to and ships off to the mill, so as to become parchment for the BIBLE to be printed on! (Stole this from Dane Cook). :P

GO RV, then BV.....GOD willing!

I've heard that bit on Sirius radio and it is awesome!

I just don't get it. I mean its OK that you don't believe in god. Thats your right. But why does it pi$$ them off so bad that other people do. Because I believe in god does`nt affect their lives one way or the other. Why does it irritate them so much?

• Upvote 3

I just don't get it. I mean its OK that you don't believe in god. Thats your right. But why does it pi$ them off so bad that other people do. Because I believe in god does`nt affect their lives one way or the other. Why does it irritate them so much?

That is the question, isn't it dog? The way I see it, Atheists should take up golf. They can have league on Wednesday evenings and play a nice leisurely round with their buddies on Sunday mornings. The courses should be free from christian clutter at those times. As always, just my opinion. :D

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Yes they do, Believers think that they can just push their beliefs on the masses, and now FINALLY we are starting to see people not tolerate it any further. Atheism is rising fast and by 2040 nearly half the country will have finally evolved past the mythology. We have a constitution and that protects people from the majority. So it doesn't matter if the majority are believers they don't have the right to push there beliefs in state and gov decisions. Believers need to stay out of the business of politics all together.

LOL! "pits of hell" are you serious?? It's 2012.

That is the question, isn't it dog? The way I see it, Atheists should take up golf. They can have league on Wednesday evenings and play a nice leisurely round with their buddies on Sunday mornings. The courses should be free from christian clutter at those times. As always, just my opinion. :D

GO RV, then BV

Right, atheists should take up golf because they are always the ones going door to door bothering people. Ya OK

I for one am not a Christian that turns the other cheek when it comes to blatant attacks on my faith.

Revelation 3:16 "So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth." I never want to here that verse quoted of me.

I honestly believe that God is tired of pathetic, pacifist followers. Jesus wasn't timid timid when he trashed the temple! There is a time and place for turning the other cheek. IMO this issue and the onslaught of others like it is not one of those times.

No one is "attacking" your faith sir, they just want equality. What's so wrong with that?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Yes they do, Believers think that they can just push their beliefs on the masses, and now FINALLY we are starting to see people not tolerate it any further. Atheism is rising fast and by 2040 nearly half the country will have finally evolved past the mythology. We have a constitution and that protects people from the majority. So it doesn't matter if the majority are believers they don't have the right to push there beliefs in state and gov decisions. Believers need to stay out of the business of politics all together.

Im thinking its the same hell as 1412

Right, atheists should take up golf because they are always the ones going door to door bothering people. Ya OK

Girl scouts go door to door to. Nobody gets upset with that. Its as easy as "No thank you i'm not interested"

No one is "attacking" your faith sir, they just want equality. What's so wrong with that?

Want equality? Whats equal about taking away national religion month. We don't ask to take away nothing from atheist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

NEO if you want to walk the path to your destruction be my guest, you have heard the word of God and you choose your own way, so be it. I am a christian and i tell people about his love for his children. You say half the world will be atheists in coming years, you have said nothing new, we know this, it is stated in the bible and it also tells what's going to happen to your screaming self that you will have no control over. Turn or burn your choice that's the beauty of accountability.

No need to get all fired up NEO. Just as me, you are welcome to your opinion....it's your God given constitutional right. ;)

GO RV, then BV

I would have to respectfully disagree, god did not give you that right, the US Constitution, a document that does not mention god anywhere gives you the right.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Want equality? Whats equal about taking away national religion month. We don't ask to take away nothing from atheist.

No one slams the door on girl scouts, not sure you could say the same for JW's.

It's equal because the state and government should stay out of the religion business. If a private group want's to deem 2012 the "year of the bible" thats fine.

"We don't ask to take away nothing from atheist" ......You would if the government/state suddenly tried to claim 2012 "the year of the atheist".

`

No need to get all fired up NEO. Just as me, you are welcome to your opinion....it's your God given constitutional right. ;)

GO RV, then BV

Calm down shabbs, just an opinion, Can't say it was given to me from a magic man in the sky however.

NEO if you want to walk the path to your destruction be my guest, you have heard the word of God and you choose your own way, so be it. I am a christian and i tell people about his love for his children. You say half the world will be atheists in coming years, you have said nothing new, we know this, it is stated in the bible and it also tells what's going to happen to your screaming self that you will have no control over. Turn or burn your choice that's the beauty of accountability.

Apart from the consensus that atheism is rapidly growing, I have to disagree with everything else you said and if you choose to keep believing in myths that have absolutely no evidence to support them be my guest. To each their own.

I would have to respectfully disagree, god did not give you that right, the US Constitution, a document that does not mention god anywhere gives you the right.

Agreed

It was written by divinely inspired, devout, God-loving men of strong Christian faith. As to "LOL! "pits of hell" are you serious?? It's 2012," I almost burst out laughing at how dumb this protest is. God knows what year it is, but that has nothing to do with His truths. They are immortal and invincible, given to humankind for the ages. It took me a long time to realize this, but I have been on a search for God all my life. I began my search by going toward Mother Earth, but the more i searched, the more i came to realize that God is not an abstraction. He is very real. I have studied (on my own, and by reading voraciously) many sciences, including archeology, physics, anthropology, and the ancient histories, including that of the Mayans, and also the pre-ancient, unnamed people who preceeded the so-called "ancient Egyptians" who built the pyramids. et al, and at every turn, when I searched diligently enough to find what was actually in the science I was learning, it brought me back to God. The Bible is God's most powerful story, but there are others, one of which is human DNA. What my study has done for me is to make me realize that, at some point, I will stand before the face of God, and I want very much to be able to give a good account of my life--not from fear, but from love. I can honestly say I can see no comparison between the horror of believing in nothing or believing in a loving God, between believing that when I die, that's it, and there is simply no more for me, or believing that God exists and He will welcome me into His loving arms. I could tell you of many times I failed God. But He has already forgiven me for those failures, and they no longer exist except in my own memory. Since I asked for forgiveness, God has already forgotten them. By my faith, I am complete.

I respectfully suggest that you might want to rethink your absolutes against the possiblity of a Divine Creator who set the Universe in motion and Who loves even you, His rapscallion, runaway child.

• Upvote 3

I wonder if the Government should pass a resolution for a national idiot day to make it all even for ya <_< further more if you dont like our country get the hell out thanks ;)

• Upvote 1

It was written by divinely inspired, devout, God-loving men of strong Christian faith. As to "LOL! "pits of hell" are you serious?? It's 2012," I almost burst out laughing at how dumb this protest is. God knows what year it is, but that has nothing to do with His truths. They are immortal and invincible, given to humankind for the ages. It took me a long time to realize this, but I have been on a search for God all my life. I began my search by going toward Mother Earth, but the more i searched, the more i came to realize that God is not an abstraction. He is very real. I have studied (on my own, and by reading voraciously) many sciences, including archeology, physics, anthropology, and the ancient histories, including that of the Mayans, and also the pre-ancient, unnamed people who preceeded the so-called "ancient Egyptians" who built the pyramids. et al, and at every turn, when I searched diligently enough to find what was actually in the science I was learning, it brought me back to God. The Bible is God's most powerful story, but there are others, one of which is human DNA. What my study has done for me is to make me realize that, at some point, I will stand before the face of God, and I want very much to be able to give a good account of my life--not from fear, but from love. I can honestly say I can see no comparison between the horror of believing in nothing or believing in a loving God, between believing that when I die, that's it, and there is simply no more for me, or believing that God exists and He will welcome me into His loving arms. I could tell you of many times I failed God. But He has already forgiven me for those failures, and they no longer exist except in my own memory. Since I asked for forgiveness, God has already forgotten them. By my faith, I am complete.

I respectfully suggest that you might want to rethink your absolutes against the possiblity of a Divine Creator who set the Universe in motion and Who loves even you, His rapscallion, runaway child.

I have to disagree, there is no evidence supporting any type of divine entity, hence the necessity of faith. If you don't care if what you believe in is true or not, thats your preference. faith is acceptance without evidence. The bible is man's most powerful story and it has been altered and watered down numerous times. There is no "horror" in being free from mental slavery. There is no horror in knowing you are moral without permission and command, there is no horror in not fearing "hell fire". This my friend is the ultimate freedom. A freedom from an unnecessary slave mentality.

I may rethink my position as soon as god presents some credible evidence for "his" existence. Until then I think I'll remain rational.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It was written by divinely inspired, devout, God-loving men of strong Christian faith. As to "LOL! "pits of hell" are you serious?? It's 2012," I almost burst out laughing at how dumb this protest is. Speaking of evidence, God knows what year it is, but that has nothing to do with His truths. They are immortal and invincible, given to humankind for the ages. It took me a long time to realize this, but I have been on a search for God all my life. I began my search by going toward Mother Earth, but the more i searched, the more i came to realize that God is not an abstraction. He is very real. I have studied (on my own, and by reading voraciously) many sciences, including archeology, physics, anthropology, and the ancient histories, including that of the Mayans, and also the pre-ancient, unnamed people who preceeded the so-called "ancient Egyptians" who built the pyramids. et al, and at every turn, when I searched diligently enough to find what was actually in the science I was learning, it brought me back to God. The Bible is God's most powerful story, but there are others, one of which is human DNA. What my study has done for me is to make me realize that, at some point, I will stand before the face of God, and I want very much to be able to give a good account of my life--not from fear, but from love. I can honestly say I can see no comparison between the horror of believing in nothing or believing in a loving God, between believing that when I die, that's it, and there is simply no more for me, or believing that God exists and He will welcome me into His loving arms. I could tell you of many times I failed God. But He has already forgiven me for those failures, and they no longer exist except in my own memory. Since I asked for forgiveness, God has already forgotten them. By my faith, I am complete. If you think there is no evidence for the existence of God, you need to read all that I have read, study what I have studied, and then try to tell me that. I know better. But then, I have done the work to find out.

I wonder if the Government should pass a resolution for a national idiot day to make it all even for ya <_< further more if you dont like our country get the hell out thanks ;)

So people who actually require evidence to believe in magical claims are "idiots" LOL! Well ignorance is bliss my friend. Naw I don't need to "get out" I just need to wait a few more years and evolution will take care of it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1